PDA

View Full Version : White House Lowers Expectations On Obama Jobs Speech

red states rule
09-03-2011, 03:36 AM
There is no doubt this clown is done folks. I suspect even the Obama defenders here will have to admit IF Obama does this after another rotten jobs report, he is toast

In what could be a way of lowering expectations for next Thursday's big economic speech, aides to President Obama are privately spreading word that he will not present his entire jobs plan in his address to a Joint Session of Congress.

Aides say Thursday's speech will be part of a bigger plan the White House (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/white-house.htm#r_src=ramp) will roll out throughout the fall with the president hitting the road for speeches and town hall appearances. Aides have already confirmed that Obama will be traveling to California, Colorado, and Washington state for one three-day swing later this month that will include economic events as well as some fundraising.

The move could be a way to try and lower the stakes for Thursday's Joint Session appearance, but it could also be an attempt by the administration to show the president is trying to stay all over the economy heading into what will likely be an uphill re-election battle.
"There's no question the president will want to keep returning to jobs," one top aide told Fox News. "I don't want to downplay the speech [next week] -- it's going to be substantial. But the idea that this is the be-all and end-all is wrong."One scenario being discussed by White House (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/white-house.htm#r_src=ramp) aides is the president highlighting individual economic proposals at appearances around the country throughout the fall, just as the Republican presidential candidates are ramping up the sales pitch for their own economic proposals.

One proposal the president may highlight down the road is reorganizing different economic offices of the federal government. While the president himself has shot down a trial balloon about a new "Department of Jobs" being created, aides say an effort to reorganize agencies dealing with trade and commerce to better focus their efforts is still being looked at.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics' August jobs report released Friday shows no new jobs were created last month and the bureau's reports for June and July were revised downward after originally showing small signs of life in the job market.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/09/02/white-house-hints-more-economic-speeches-proposals-ahead#ixzz1WsPUBObt

red states rule
09-03-2011, 05:45 AM
oSo after all the crap over R's refusing Obama a Session of Congress, Obama trying to upstage the R's debate, all the talk about what a BIG plan Obama has to save the US economy - we are told not to expect too much from The Bamster

IOW he still has no plan. He has no clue as to what to do. Amateur hour will continue 24/7 at 1600 PA Ave in DC until Obama is fired in 2012

red states rule
09-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I do not need to lower my expectations since I never expected Obama to come up with any plan that would improve the economy or add private sector jobs

Gaffer
09-03-2011, 10:45 AM
This speech is becoming like a TV mini-series. Tune in next week for part 2 of How Zero Will Save the Economy. I wonder if they will have limited commercial interruptions? This is going to be a major let down and waste of time or he's going to do some serious shit and bring on something real bad.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
This speech is becoming like a TV mini-series. Tune in next week for part 2 of How Zero Will Save the Economy. I wonder if they will have limited commercial interruptions? This is going to be a major let down and waste of time or he's going to do some serious shit and bring on something real bad.

I will save you and everyone the toruble of watching the speech, and tell you what AObama will say

This way you can watch somehting much more important - the NFL Pre Game show

Obama will say the economy is on the verge of a double dip UNLESS the government has another stimuls to jolt the economy and fix our crumbling roads/bridges

Unemployment needs to be extended AGAIN so the unemployed will not die in the streets and that 'stimulus" wil be spent right away

The "rich" ned to pay their fair sahre and share the costs of recover buy handing over more of their money in higher taxes

The R's will refuse these demands, and the liberal media will "report" how the Obama plan will fix the economy but the R's want he economy to fail so it hurts Obama

Kart will call the R's racist for their refusal and tag me a racist for posting this thread

There you go guys and gals. So now you don't have to waste your time watching Obama or the spin afterwards.

Enjoy the football game!

fj1200
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Well it does kind of sum up his whole presidency. Isn't there an MadTV skit titled Lowered Expectations? Yup, found it, they need to end every speech of his with the theme song.

red states rule
09-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Well it does kind of sum up his whole presidency. Isn't there an MadTV skit titled Lowered Expectations? Yup, found it, they need to end every speech of his with the theme song.

You mean this

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7gt4StirOzc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

fj1200
09-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Yup, I was looking for a clip of only the theme at the end but I couldn't find it. BO and Pelosi could be walking away at the end as the music played.

red states rule
09-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Yup, I was looking for a clip of only the theme at the end but I couldn't find it. BO and Pelosi could be walking away at the end as the music played.

Bottom line is, I don't anyone is really expecting anything much from Obama on Thursday night - so nobody is going to be disappointed

Obama has spent $4 trillion bucks trying to "jolt" the economy and the only thing working out fine is Obama's Reverse Midas Touch

Kathianne
09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Disregarding the brouhaha on dates, times, etc. Does anyone besides myself think that the venue of a joint session of Congress is a mistake on Obama's part? The mere calling together sets the stakes higher than if he'd just lay out his plan in either a news conference or by a press release. If his pronouncements fail to ignite the populace, which would be very difficult, he is setting himself up for the failure mark.

Missileman
09-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Disregarding the brouhaha on dates, times, etc. Does anyone besides myself think that the venue of a joint session of Congress is a mistake on Obama's part? The mere calling together sets the stakes higher than if he'd just lay out his plan in either a news conference or by a press release. If his pronouncements fail to ignite the populace, which would be very difficult, he is setting himself up for the failure mark.

It's an ego thing for him...he honestly believes that everything he says is a golden nugget of wisdom and the rest of us would be lost without him.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 04:24 AM
When was the last time someone fainted while Obama was speaking?

Many have fallen asleep, but none have fainted since he took office

red states rule
09-06-2011, 04:25 AM
We currently have the Department of Labor, Department of Education, Department of Energy - so maybe Obama will propose the Department of Jobs as his "new" idea to Americans back to work

red states rule
09-07-2011, 03:26 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0905cd20110902071922.jpg

red states rule
09-08-2011, 03:52 AM
Now Pelosi is PO'd R's will not offer any rebuttle to Obama's speech. Is there anything Pelosi is not PO'd about these days?

Of course what is there to say? Obama will not offer anythign new, and it will be more of the same failed policies that have made things worse

Republicans have decided they're not going to give a rebuttal to President Obama's jobs speech later this week, a decision House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/nancy-pelosi.htm#r_src=ramp) took as a high affront to the White House (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/white-house.htm#r_src=ramp).

At least three GOP lawmakers also have announced they're not going to show up for the presidential address. House Speaker John Boehner's (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/07/republicans-opt-not-to-give-rebuttal-to-obama-speech-ticking-off-pelosi/#) office then confirmed Tuesday evening that nobody from the party would deliver an official televised response.

Pelosi said the party's "silence" would "speak volumes about their lack of commitment to creating jobs."

"The Republicans' refusal to respond to the president's proposal on jobs is not only disrespectful to him, but to the American people," Pelosi said.

But Boehner spokesman Mike Steel said Obama's proposals on Thursday "will rise or fall on their own merits," suggesting a GOP response was not needed.

"Republicans are, and have been, entirely focused on job creation. Every member of Congress, and -- more importantly -- the American people, will provide a reaction to the president's address," Steel said.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday that Republicans will have "ample opportunity to express their opinions about the package" and hopefully will provide positive reactions since he insisted without getting into specifics that the proposals have garnered bipartisan support in the past.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/07/republicans-opt-not-to-give-rebuttal-to-obama-speech-ticking-off-pelosi/#ixzz1XMRuISbu