PDA

View Full Version : started moving last night

darin
09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Snapped a couple pics - my daughter tryin' to snag a Bass, My first Beer there, and the side of my face and the Barn. Property has 10 acres, stocked pond, shooting 'range', lots of mature trees (as you can see) and still wide-open areas. Also - a still from my daughter's first time driving! I let my 12yr old girl take the wheel of my wife's F150 SuperCrew 4x4; let her driving around the side of the yard. I think she did great!

Click for larger version.

Today my wife and I are loading our UHaul for the first-round of the move. Tomorrow we pay laborers to load the heavy stuff.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Snapped a couple pics - my daughter tryin' to snag a Bass, My first Beer there, and the side of my face and the Barn. Property has 10 acres, stocked pond, shooting 'range', lots of mature trees (as you can see) and still wide-open areas. Also - a still from my daughter's first time driving! I let my 12yr old girl take the wheel of my wife's F150 SuperCrew 4x4; let her driving around the side of the yard. I think she did great!

Today my wife and I are loading our UHaul for the first-round of the move. Tomorrow we pay laborers to load the heavy stuff.

Congrats DMP. Hope everything goes well without any problems with the move

The "fun" part will be putting everything away once all the stuff is in the new place

Kathianne
09-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Once again I'm struck by how much this 'home' is more like a vacation spot. I'm very jealous! Enjoy!

Abbey Marie
09-03-2011, 03:53 PM
One day you might be able to run a B&B there? It's so pretty and looks relaxing.

KarlMarx
09-03-2011, 04:33 PM

Looks like a nice spot... congratulations, may you have many happy and joyful years (and beers) there.... :)

Little-Acorn
09-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Where's the hangar and runway?

:D

darin
09-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Thanks guys. Day one is done. I HATE UHaul. More later.

Kathianne
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM

Thanks guys. Day one is done. I HATE UHaul. More later.

I can relate, sort of. I'm at least a decade older than you and just packing boxes wore me out. However, the reasons weren't as joyful as yours! I do wish you and yours a wonderful time at the new locale! Cheers!

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 10:54 PM
One day you might be able to run a B&B there? It's so pretty and looks relaxing.

But running a B&B will be the opposite of relaxing. The service industry sucks. :laugh:

Congrats, dmp, and enjoy it. Glad you didn't get hit by the hurricane in Jamaica or at home.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2011, 11:58 AM
But running a B&B will be the opposite of relaxing. The service industry sucks. :laugh:

Congrats, dmp, and enjoy it. Glad you didn't get hit by the hurricane in Jamaica or at home.

Lol, KRB never met a post he couldn't disagree with. :laugh: