PDA

View Full Version : Benedict Draws a Line in the Sand

Hobbit
05-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Recently, Mexican, Catholic clergy have been excommunicating Mexican politicians who vote in favor of abortion rights, and Benedict supports them. He said, "Yes, this excommunication was not an arbitrary one but is allowed by Canon law which says that the killing of an innocent child is incompatible with receiving communion, which is receiving the body of Christ…They (Mexican Church leaders) did nothing new, surprising or arbitrary. They simply announced publicly what is contained in the law of the Church...which expresses our appreciation for life and that human individuality, human personality is present from the first moment (of life)," and that supporting abortion rights was directly against Catholic dogma. So, I ask, why don't we see more protestant pastors willing to grow balls like this? Too many are allowing their churches to be blown to the four winds of modern culture. There's so many alleged "Christians" walking around now with so many beliefs contradictory to the Bible that explaining that I'm a Christian, or even an evangelical, no longer has any impact and tells the person nothing about my beliefs. I want to see more church leaders reign in this age of culturally adapted Christianity, which abandons the teaching of the Bible in favor of something more PC.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/FrankPastore/2007/05/13/where_are_the_protestant_benedicts

Kathianne
05-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Recently, Mexican, Catholic clergy have been excommunicating Mexican politicians who vote in favor of abortion rights, and Benedict supports them. He said, "Yes, this excommunication was not an arbitrary one but is allowed by Canon law which says that the killing of an innocent child is incompatible with receiving communion, which is receiving the body of Christ…They (Mexican Church leaders) did nothing new, surprising or arbitrary. They simply announced publicly what is contained in the law of the Church...which expresses our appreciation for life and that human individuality, human personality is present from the first moment (of life)," and that supporting abortion rights was directly against Catholic dogma. So, I ask, why don't we see more protestant pastors willing to grow balls like this? Too many are allowing their churches to be blown to the four winds of modern culture. There's so many alleged "Christians" walking around now with so many beliefs contradictory to the Bible that explaining that I'm a Christian, or even an evangelical, no longer has any impact and tells the person nothing about my beliefs. I want to see more church leaders reign in this age of culturally adapted Christianity, which abandons the teaching of the Bible in favor of something more PC.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/FrankPastore/2007/05/13/where_are_the_protestant_benedicts

I think the Episcopal Church has excommunication, but do any other Protestant churches also have such a policy?

Hobbit
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I think the Episcopal Church has excommunication, but do any other Protestant churches also have such a policy?

Not officially, but that's not what I'm talking about. The pastors, whether they or not they excommunicate people, are openly accepting of premarital sex, gay marriage, and other things directly against the Bible, just to satisfy modern cultural sensibility.

05-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Not officially, but that's not what I'm talking about. The pastors, whether they or not they excommunicate people, are openly accepting of premarital sex, gay marriage, and other things directly against the Bible, just to satisfy modern cultural sensibility.

The problem with alot of these churches is they arent that big to begin with. If they started excommunicating members for unrepentant unchristian behavior, the leaders may fear that the Churches will cease to exist... not a pretty picture, especially when the pastors are paid by the congregations.

Not saying I agree with that, but that is the reality alot of these smaller churches face. The fact that Christianity is so fractured is a real shame. After all God is a God of order and unity.

Abbey Marie
05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
The nondenominational Christian church I attended for many years asked a couple of unrepentent sinners to leave. And no, that's not why we stopped going! :D

Psychoblues
05-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Are you admitting that other hypocritical members did?

The nondenominational Christian church I attended for many years asked a couple of unrepentent sinners to leave. And no, that's not why we stopped going! :D

Sounds like a religious pissy fit to me.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Are you admitting that other hypocritical members did?

Sounds like a religious pissy fit to me.

No, I'm not. And you know nothing about the situation.

glockmail
05-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Good for Beney. :clap:

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Tell us all about it, Abbey or don't you think it better that you should not have brought it up?

No, I'm not. And you know nothing about the situation.

You gave the response. I only want clarification of your position at this point. Are you going to ban me for that? You have banned me for less.