PDA

View Full Version : Obama

MtnBiker
01-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Is is important for us to know that Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein and that he spent two years in a muslim school as a child?

jillian
01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Is is important for us to know that Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein and that he spent two years in a muslim school as a child?

Personally, I don't think so. But it's kind of inevitable. Pretty bad for someone running for office right now, though.

What do you think?

Mr. P
01-20-2007, 07:29 PM
His name means nothing to me. His background, any politicians’ background, is important to me. Our background shapes us into who we ‘really’ are to a some degree.

Do we always know what that background is? No. But in a way the leaks of information, seeking to discredit the opponent in the eyes of the public are doing us a service. But, in doing so, they also set themselves up for the same scrutiny. Dangerous game for the Hilda beast to play with her background, IMO.

I’d like to see politicians get back to the ‘Mr. Smith goes to Washington’ days instead of mud and shit slinging..

Gaffer
01-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm much more interested in the background than the name. But then the name makes me question the background even more.

When the shit starts to fly hellery better get ready to do some serious splaining.

MtnBiker
01-20-2007, 07:41 PM
What do you think?

Well, Mr P already said much of what I was going to say. Events in a person's life can be important. In this case his name a few years in a school probably are not of importance, but it will come up. I know other politician have been scrutinized for trivial matters.