PDA

View Full Version : Ford to build new $1B plant and create 5,000 jobs - in India

Little-Acorn
09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
DAMN those greedy capitalists for believing they shouldn't have to pay some guy $70/hr to put Part A in Slot B all day!

Haven't they learned yet that the purpose of a job isn't to get cars built, it's to support a family?

Just un-American if you ask me.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.france24.com/en/20110906-ford-building-1bn-manufacturing-complex-india

Ford building $1bn manufacturing complex in India

06 September 2011

AFP - US auto giant Ford has started construction on a $1 billion manufacturing and engineering complex in India as it bets on the country to help drive global growth, a company statement said on Tuesday.

The new manufacturing facilities in Sanand in the western state of Gujarat will create 5,000 jobs, and will be able initially to produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines a year, Ford said.

The first vehicles and engines are due to come off the line in 2014.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

sundaydriver
09-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I cannot remember being in a business meeting in the past 10 years or more that emerging markets and growth were not discussed, China, India, and Brazil are almost always specified. Often the statement "the jobs will be where the market is" was a forgone conclusion in serving those markets. After all in 15 years or so India will be the worlds 5th largest consumer economy with a very large middle class living mostly in the cities .

Ford along with other foreign auto manufactures building cars in India to gain a larger share of the market, build brand loyalty, and avoid shipping costs and better delivery times is not any different than foreign auto manufactures building plants in the US for the same reason.

That's why they call it a global economy.

red states rule
09-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Damn, I never knew LA was a racist! How dare you point this out right before Obama's big "jobs" speech

darin
09-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Out of a Job yet? Keep paying union dues.