PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debates

Gaffer
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I found a live feed and watched the debate. I noted a few things that didn't really surprise me.

First that the media (in this case DNCTV) is promoting Romney and Perry. They were asked way more questions and given way more time than anyone else. It showed me that Perry is another Bush and Romney is a Rino pretty boy.

Santory doesn't come across presidential to me. Mostly talking point clique answers.

Huntsman kept avoiding questions about national security and like Romney kept taking the discussion of track back to the economy.

Bachmann handled herself well with the few questions she got and didn't back down from national security.

Cain also did well tho he was ignored for most of it, but he laid out specifics about what he would do.

Ron Paul seemed old and appeared to ramble, tho he might have been trying to say as much as he could in the short time he had. They cut him off twice.

Newt stole the show when he told the interviews to knock off the trying to get them all to bash each other. He needs to be around just to keep the focus and not let the interviewers turn it into a circus.

Bachmann and Cain are still topping my list.

red states rule
09-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Chris Matthews offers his "insight" and what he hoped would happen

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105398" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

red states rule
09-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Newt did take the liberal mod to task for his attemots to slant the questions and the crowd liked it

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105399" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

KartRacerBoy
09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I found Bachmann and Cain are still topping my list.

I'm not surprised that you support the two biggest nutjobs. :clap:

09-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm not surprised that you support the two biggest nutjobs.

Fiscal responsibility and a strong market are nuts to you... well that says alot.

Gaffer
09-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not surprised that you support the two biggest nutjobs. :clap: Did you watch the debate?

KartRacerBoy
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Did you watch the debate?

I did not get the chance although I wanted to. My 8 yr old had a melt down just as the debate started.

But Cain wants a religious test (no muslims) for office and Bachman is sure she'll get gas down to $2/gal. Crazy stuff.

fj1200
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
My 8 yr old had a melt down just as the debate started.

Whoa, for a minute there I thought your daughter was channeling BO. :poke:

KartRacerBoy
09-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Whoa, for a minute there I thought your daughter was channeling BO. :poke:

:laugh:

Gaffer
09-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I did not get the chance although I wanted to. My 8 yr old had a melt down just as the debate started.

But Cain wants a religious test (no muslims) for office and Bachman is sure she'll get gas down to $2/gal. Crazy stuff.

Cain doesn't want muslims in his administration. I'm with him on that. Tho none of that was brought up in the debate. The moderators were busy trying to instigate a fight between romney and perry.

Bachmann has a goal of bringing down gas prices which seems plausible. The dark one had a goal of increasing gas prices and electric prices as well. He achieved it and your happy I'm sure.

Bachmann and Cain talk about their goals and specifics of their plans. The others just talk.

Noir
09-08-2011, 11:20 AM

He can want it all he likes. The constitution will stop him.

MtnBiker
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM

Is believing $2/gal gasoline a crazy notion?

fj1200
09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Is believing $2/gal gasoline a crazy notion?

Yes. Promising? Even crazier.

MtnBiker
09-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes. Promising? Even crazier.

Hmmm, what was the price of a gallon of gasoline the day before Obama was sworn into office? It is crazy to think that price cannot be achieved again?

Noir
09-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Hmmm, what was the price of a gallon of gasoline the day before Obama was sworn into office? It is crazy to think that price cannot be achieved again?

I'd say inflation alone would make $2 a gal unachievable. Never mind the fact that many Arab oil producing states are not pumping out what they us to pre the spring risings (most notably Lybia)

Gaffer
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I'd say inflation alone would make $2 a gal unachievable. Never mind the fact that many Arab oil producing states are not pumping out what they us to pre the spring risings (most notably Lybia)

A dollar to a donut if we shut down the epa and opened all the fields in this country to drilling the price of gas will drop a dollar per gallon the very next day. And as production begins the price will drop even further. Just takes someone with the spine to do it.

fj1200
09-08-2011, 09:38 PM

The President has approximately zero to do with the price of gas.

Gaffer
09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
The President has approximately zero to do with the price of gas.

The president has moratoriums on drilling and controls the epa. All of that can effect the price of gas and many other things. he can't control gas prices but he can control the things causing the high prices.

fj1200
09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
^And those things have little to do with the price.

red states rule
09-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Another thing that was fun to watch was Brian Williams being shocked over the people attending the debate supported the death penalty and Gov Perry enfocring the laws of Texas

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fXH7Z6M4vOs" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Noir
09-09-2011, 05:12 AM
A dollar to a donut if we shut down the epa and opened all the fields in this country to drilling the price of gas will drop a dollar per gallon the very next day. And as production begins the price will drop even further. Just takes someone with the spine to do it.

And sooner than you could imagine you'd have a Erica bleed dry of oil and all but totally dependant on other nations

darin
09-09-2011, 06:50 AM
And sooner than you could imagine you'd have a Erica bleed dry of oil and all but totally dependant on other nations

a Erica? iPhone auto-correcting?

AMERICA is dependent upon foreign oil because we are resource rich, but act resource-poor. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to progress.

Noir
09-09-2011, 07:00 AM
a Erica? iPhone auto-correcting?

AMERICA is dependent upon foreign oil because we are resource rich, but act resource-poor. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to progress.

That it's is >,>

And no, it's not resource rich given it's demand. America has an estimated 19billion barrel oil reserve, yet it uses 18million barrels per day if America had access to all of it's oil it wouldn't last several years (but hey, it'll be a few years of $1 oil, so that's good, right?)