PDA

View Full Version : Israeli envoy flees after embassy in Cairo is attacked

abso
09-10-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44464518/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/

J.T
09-10-2011, 02:25 PM
They'll respond by murdering Palestinians, just like the last time they were attacked by Egyptians.

Gaffer
09-10-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44464518/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/

So what's your opinion on this?

abso
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
So what's your opinion on this?

well, my opinion, it's complicated and simple at the same time, complicated because of my feelings which tells me that i want the diplomatic relations with israel cut until they apologize for the 6 egyptian soliders death, and yet very simple because i condemn any violent action specially against people who are considered guests in my homeland, and i was raised to never insult or of course attack a guest, and to protect a guest in my land is my duty, so what happens angers me so much, i wanted a diplomatic solution, not a barbaric one, i share the same feelings they had, but my anger and frustration will never be translated into a violent and stupid action which will embarrass my country and violate international law, how can i call myself egyptian and yet embarrass my country and put it in a very bad position, those people as much as i understand their feelings, but there is no excuse in the world for acting like that, when the feelings override the common sense the human turns into an animal and a barbarian.

Gaffer
09-10-2011, 09:03 PM
It was totally wrong and was carried out by the brotherhood islamists to sure. As long as hamas can use Egypt to run weapons through and Egytian territory to attack from there will be no peace in the area. The islamists are taking over egypt and you can expect a taliban style state before the year is out.

abso
09-10-2011, 09:20 PM
It was totally wrong and was carried out by the brotherhood islamists to sure. As long as hamas can use Egypt to run weapons through and Egytian territory to attack from there will be no peace in the area. The islamists are taking over egypt and you can expect a taliban style state before the year is out.

i agree that it was totally wrong, it did more harm to egyptians than it did to israelians, actually it didn't harm israel at all.

about the brotherhood, i doubt that, because they are not against peace with israel, they just want different condition for it, they want to modify the treaty, that's all, but about islamists taking part in the violence, that may be true, but i don't believe they are from the brotherhood, there are alot of islamic organizations in egypt, most of them are moderate, but there are few radical ones which may be behind most of the civil unrest in egypt.

about Hamas, they don't just run weapons, they run stolen cars and goods too, the egyptian army on the borders were never enough to monitor it and guard it well since the numbers agreed on in camp david were not sufficient in any way to protect more than 160 KM of borders, but after the recent great increase in egyptian army numbers in sinai specially on the borders, i think the smuggle activity will be greatly reduced, everyday the egyptian army close new tunnels until there is no more stupid tunnels, i don't know why they need them anyway, since the Rafah passage is always open now, the only use for tunnels now is to smuggle stolen goods and cars and weapons, before when Mubarak was the president, Rafah passage was closed most of the year, so Gaza had to dig tunnels to be able to smuggle food to eat, but now they have no excuse for that and tunnels can only be used for illegal activities.

i wish peace will be achieved soon and that both sides will reach a settlement which satisfy them both.

about taliban style state, i assure you that this won't happen, the army won't allow it to happen, and most of the people will not allow this, we need a modernized egypt, not an ancient one, i like religion, i am a religious person myself, but i don't want a president who forces people to be religious, it's my own choice to be religious and so shall be everyone free to choose their own path.