PDA

View Full Version : This 9/11 hurts me more than anything and

Psychoblues
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Psychoblues is drinking today. I need you, my friends. I need you more today than I can ever remember.

Psychoblues

fj1200
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Stay strong brother.

chloe
09-11-2011, 11:02 PM
How long since you had a drink Psycho? I am gonna really think good thoughts and hope the gloom dragging you down goes away.

Psychoblues
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Stay strong brother.

Too late for strength, my brother. But I hear you and I cry for your understanding. You and chloe are the very best. I ain't here to kill anybody and I ain't looking for trouble of any kind. That hasn't always been my forte' here.

Psychoblues

fj1200
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Sounds like you need to spend some time with a new puppy. They don't judge.

Psychoblues
09-11-2011, 11:14 PM
How long since you had a drink Psycho? I am gonna really think good thoughts and hope the gloom dragging you down goes away.

July 18, 2010, chloe. I've never claimed or been accepted as anything beyond an idiot. I rarely exceed expectations.

Psychoblues

chloe
09-11-2011, 11:22 PM
July 18, 2010, chloe. I've never claimed or been accepted as anything beyond an idiot. I rarely exceed expectations.

Psychoblues

You Hush !!! You served our country sir, and the only expectations you should need to achieve are your own or Gods if you believe in God.

You are always welcome to be vulnerable around friends and have someone reach out there hand to lift you up.

Those who can't do that for you are probably in worse pain themselves then you are.

Now tell us about things that have given you true Joy about living and life .

Do you know 9/11 made me also love this Country more then ever before as prior to that I took for granted our safety.

when the attack happened I thought about how much love and community the whole country had for the victims of 9/11 and we still do.

Psychoblues
09-11-2011, 11:32 PM
You Hush !!! You served our country sir, and the only expectations you should need to achieve are your own or Gods if you believe in God.

You are always welcome to be vulnerable around friends and have someone reach out there hand to lift you up.

Those who can't do that for you are probably in worse pain themselves then you are.

Now tell us about things that have given you true Joy about living and life .

Do you know 9/11 made me also love this Country more then ever before as prior to that I took for granted our safety.

when the attack happened I thought about how much love and community the whole country had for the victims of 9/11 and we still do.

You are just so special, chloe. Your post I take as genuine. Your thoughts the same. Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

Psychoblues

Gunny
09-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Psychoblues is drinking today. I need you, my friends. I need you more today than I can ever remember.

Psychoblues

I was wondering who let you out of the cage. Want to go for a plane ride?:dev:

Gunny
09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Too late for strength, my brother. But I hear you and I cry for your understanding. You and chloe are the very best. I ain't here to kill anybody and I ain't looking for trouble of any kind. That hasn't always been my forte' here.

Psychoblues

It's never too late. You just have to kick that shit in the ass one step at a time. If you slip, you get up and start over.

Gunny
09-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Psychoblues

Uh huh. You mean only accepted as an idiot by those who don't have your act down? You can act like one, and do so at times on purpose, but that isn't the same as being one.

jimnyc
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Don't look at it as a failure, but rather a small bump in the road. Just keep on going forward and and don't let one night force a full relapse. Come here if necessary and we can make fun of you until you don't think of drinking anymore! :coffee:

logroller
09-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I strive for the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things i can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

To live one day at a time; enjoy one moment at a time;
Accepting the hardships as natural balance;
Taking this beautiful world as it is, not as I would have it.

Trusting in the balance; that I may be able to see myself as happy in this life.

Challenges are what make us great, don't be ashamed, embrace this moment and may tomorrow find you a better man.

Gunny
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Challenges are what make us great, don't be ashamed, embrace this moment and may tomorrow find you a better man.

He needs to pick himself up so I can pick on him. :slap:

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
That is exactly what I need. Needling from my best friends on DP. It's been three days now and I will not allow myself to run out of beers. Know what I mean? I want badly to sober up and stay that way but right now I just can't. I may die hovering over the commode throwing up my guts but I hope if I do I am thinking about all of you.

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:02 PM
That is exactly what I need. Needling from my best friends on DP. It's been three days now and I will not allow myself to run out of beers. Know what I mean? I want badly to sober up and stay that way but right now I just can't. I may die hovering over the commode throwing up my guts but I hope if I do I am thinking about all of you.

Psychoblues

PB, Lord knows we have had our differences, but you have my prayers and support.

It is no sahme to be knocked down in life. What is a shame is if you stay down and do not get back up

So get up, dust yourself off, and get back on track

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
PB, Lord knows we have had our differences, but you have my prayers and support.

It is no sahme to be knocked down in life. What is a shame is if you stay down and do not get back up

So get up, dust yourself off, and get back on track

Thanks rsr. You and I will probably never be actual friends but I appreciate your words on this occasion. They really are special for me. Now, back to whatever I was doing beforehand. Finishing off a 12 ounce Budweiser. I prefer Busch but my good and hard loving wive is simply trying to please me. Really, thanks, RSR.

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks rsr. You and I will probably never be actual friends but I appreciate your words on this occasion. They really are special for me. Now, back to whatever I was doing beforehand. Finishing off a 12 ounce Budweiser. I prefer Busch but my good and hard loving wive is simply trying to please me. Really, thanks, RSR.

Psychoblues

Our arguments were over politics PB - not personal. I wish you only the best and I hope that courage you had while serving in the military comes out and goes into war mode against the booze

You can do it - so just do it sir

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Our arguments were over politics PB - not personal. I wish you only the best and I hope that courage you had while serving in the military comes out and goes into war mode against the booze

You can do it - so just do it sir

Between me, the VA and whatever lord we might share it may be done, rsr. I include you in those remarks.

Psychoblues

chloe
09-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Psychoblues

What triggered it?

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Between me, the VA and whatever lord we might share it may be done, rsr. I include you in those remarks.

Psychoblues

You can fight back PB. Hell tell yourself what you are wanting to drink is the new Ice Tea made by Rush Limbaugh

I know damn well you would not be caught dead with that in your house :laugh2:

Mind over matter PB = that is what it is all about my friend

chloe
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
You can fight back PB. Hell tell yourself what you are wanting to drink is the new Ice Tea made by Rush Limbaugh

I know damn well you would not be caught dead with that in your house :laugh2:

Mind over matter PB = that is what it is all about my friend

Very sweet of you to reach out RSR.

I share that alcoholism problem with Psycho, I was never able to drink socially myself. If I had one I had to have another:laugh2:

I don't know how some people can have just one beer or a glass of wine and then stop.

I never saw a reason to do that because my goal in drinking was to never be sober and get as drunk as I could it was the only way it was able to not

care about things, but it caused me alot of trouble because I was not a functional drunk so iI had to just stop it all period.

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
What triggered it?

Not certain, never certain. I think simply the tenth anniversary of 9/11. An alcoholic can always find an excuse for drinking or relapse, chloe. Alcoholism is a disease that is incurable, chloe. It's not necessarily fatal but it is a lifelong medicinal affair. I go for days, weeks, months and even years without drinking or even thinking about drinking but when I start thinking about drinking it's never long before I pick it back up. Stopping always occurs disastrously. I always know that and have known for decades. Go figure?

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Very sweet of you to reach out RSR.

I share that alcoholism problem with Psycho, I was never able to drink socially myself. If I had one I had to have another:laugh2:

I don't know how some people can have just one beer or a glass of wine and then stop.

I never saw a reason to do that because my goal in drinking was to never be sober and get as drunk as I could it was the only way it was able to not

care about things, but it caused me alot of trouble because I was not a functional drunk so iI had to just stop it all period.

What went on with PB was never personal. Yea, it became personal with a coupole of people here - but never with PB

I hope he can win this battle - and if he wants to he can. trust me PB can be one stubborn SOB when he wants to be

I never liked the taste of wine or deer. I have maybe had 10 drinks my entire life. I just don't like em'

Drugs and booze have taken many fine people away from us, and have caused many people unneeded sorrow. It is not worth it and I hope PB can pull this one out

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Not certain, never certain. I think simply the tenth anniversary of 9/11. An alcoholic can always find an excuse for drinking or relapse, chloe. Alcoholism is a disease that is incurable, chloe. It's not necessarily fatal but it is a lifelong medicinal affair. I go for days, weeks, months and even years without drinking or even thinking about drinking but when I start thinking about drinking it's never long before I pick it back up. Stopping always occurs disastrously. I always know that and have known for decades. Go figure?

Psychoblues

PB tell you what. If don't straighten up and fly right, I will move in with you for one week

and my cats as well

Sounds like an offer you can't refuse :laugh2:

chloe
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
What went on with PB was never personal. Yea, it became personal with a coupole of people here - but never with PB

I hope he can win this battle - and if he wants to he can. trust me PB can be one stubborn SOB when he wants to be

I never liked the taste of wine or deer. I have maybe had 10 drinks my entire life. I just don't like em'

Drugs and booze have taken many fine people away from us, and have caused many people unneeded sorrow. It is not worth it and I hope PB can pull this one out

Your a sweetheart RSR, yes drugs and alcohol has taken so many great people from the world.

It's so aggressive the pull of addiction, addiction does not discriminate it grabs all people from all walks of life.

It's nice to know that friendship and support are offered across political lines too. So refreshing RSR !!! :salute:

fj1200
09-12-2011, 02:41 PM
It's nice to know that friendship and support are offered across political lines too. So refreshing RSR !!! :salute:

Nah, that's not it, once red is in he won't leave until PB promises to vote for Perry. :laugh:

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Your a sweetheart RSR, yes drugs and alcohol has taken so many great people from the world.

It's so aggressive the pull of addiction, addiction does not discriminate it grabs all people from all walks of life.

I am always there for my friends - even friends I have never met in person

I try to live mny life the way God would wnat me to live it and one thing I always try to remember

I do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. When people need help and reach out for it everything else is irrelevant

PB took a BIG step by asking for help, and it would not be right to deny him

logroller
09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
PB tell you what. If don't straighten up and fly right, I will move in with you for one week

and my cats as well

Sounds like an offer you can't refuse :laugh2:

PB's pretty liberal, but that doesn't mean his wife is; so you might check with her before bringing a bunch of pussy over to a drunk guys house. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Drugs and booze have taken many fine people away from us, and have causeo d many people unneeded sorrow. It is not worth it and I hope PB can pull this one out

One more time, one more time, God willing, I will climb that mountain, RSR. To excuse your prior interaction with me as impersonal is simply false. That is why you and I will never be actual friends, rsr. Simple understanding is all I ever expect. You obfuscate, twist meaning, outright lie and insult and neg rep to prove your worthless points. I am truly sorry for that but again, thanks for your encouragement in my condition. I know that you are honest in this respect and I thank you for it.

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
One more time, one more time, God willing, I will climb that mountain, RSR. To excuse your prior interaction with me as impersonal is simply false. That is why you and I will never be actual friends, rsr. Simple understanding is all I ever expect. You obfuscate, twist meaning, outright lie and insult and neg rep to prove your worthless points. I am truly sorry for that but again, thanks for your encouragement in my condition. I know that you are honest in this respect and I thank you for it.

Psychoblues

Oh well, so much for reaching out

Your decision PB and I hope things work out for you

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh well, so much for reaching out

Your decision PB and I hope hings work out for you

Been there, done that, and I think "hings" will do quite well for me all things considered.

Psychoblues

Binky
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Sounds like you need to spend some time with a new puppy. They don't judge.

When I read this I couldn't help but smile. We have a tiny kitten, black with white spots around her face and on her paws. We've had her at least two weeks and she hasn't grown any as yet. I have my suspicions that she isn't going to get much larger than she already is. We named her Oreo. She is so darn sweet and loves to cuddle. We sit and watch her playing or running around the house exploring, and reminds my hubby and I of little bitty kids trying to learn to walk and getting into everything. She is a joy to have around and lights up our lives. Since there are no more itty bitty kids in our family and only preteens and teenagers, having her in our home is pure delight. She sleeps on my hubby's tummy and I have also found her fast asleep high up on my speakers. After a hard, busy day at work, a warm feeling comes over me when I finally get to sit and cuddle/play with my tiny kitty. She is a gem.

red states rule
09-12-2011, 04:19 PM
When I read this I couldn't help but smile. We have a tiny kitten, black with white spots around her face and on her paws. We've had her at least two weeks and she hasn't grown any as yet. I have my suspicions that she isn't going to get much larger than she already is. We named her Oreo. She is so darn sweet and loves to cuddle. We sit and watch her playing or running around the house exploring, and reminds my hubby and I of little bitty kids trying to learn to walk and getting into everything. She is a joy to have around and lights up our lives. Since there are no more itty bitty kids in our family and only preteens and teenagers, having her in our home is pure delight. She sleeps on my hubby's tummy and I have also found her fast asleep high up on my speakers. After a hard, busy day at work, a warm feeling comes over me when I finally get to sit and cuddle/play with my tiny kitty. She is a gem.

Binky please post some pics of the litten!!!

You know I love cats pics

Binky
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Booze took my son. He used to sit and chug down the wine and beer and when he got drunk he became very beligerent. He had drank so much of that rot gut stuff he fried his brain and he'd have dt's. It was torture to watch him destroy his life. And then, one Saturday afternoon, we no longer had to watch as he made the stupid and selfish decision to prop an AK 47 under his chin and pulled the trigger. And from that day forward, I haven't taken life for granted. I enjoy the people around me and act like a fool if I choose to. I don't give a crapola what other people think. If I worried about how others look at me or whether they approve of what I'm saying or doing, I'd never have any fun. The laughing would stop. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and since my son took his life, I've been on my death bed twice in the last five years and came out of a coma cracking jokes. I figured God wasn't ready for me to die, but I pulled myself out of the bonds of feeling guilty and depressed and never looked back. I couldn't help my son. He was an adult and stubborn and would not seek help under any circumstances.

It breaks my heart to see or hear of people trapped in alcoholic chains. Those chains aren't so easily broken. And when one has finally seen the light and decided to change his/her life, it's a miracle. I truly admire anyone who has the gonads to reach down deep into themselves and rid their lives of the demons that possess it making it a happier, healthier life.

red states rule
09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Booze took my son. He used to sit and chug down the wine and beer and when he got drunk he became very beligerent. He had drank so much of that rot gut stuff he fried his brain and he'd have dt's. It was torture to watch him destroy his life. And then, one Saturday afternoon, we no longer had to watch as he made the stupid and selfish decision to prop an AK 47 under his chin and pulled the trigger. And from that day forward, I haven't taken life for granted. I enjoy the people around me and act like a fool if I choose to. I don't give a crapola what other people think. If I worried about how others look at me or whether they approve of what I'm saying or doing, I'd never have any fun. The laughing would stop. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and since my son took his life, I've been on my death bed twice in the last five years and came out of a coma cracking jokes. I figured God wasn't ready for me to die, but I pulled myself out of the bonds of feeling guilty and depressed and never looked back. I couldn't help my son. He was an adult and stubborn and would not seek help under any circumstances.

It breaks my heart to see or hear of people trapped in alcoholic chains. Those chains aren't so easily broken. And when one has finally seen the light and decided to change his/her life, it's a miracle. I truly admire anyone who has the gonads to reach down deep into themselves and rid their lives of the demons that possess it making it a happier, healthier life.

They have to WANT to give it up Binky

My prayers are with you over your loss

Kathianne
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM

Binky, I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing worse.

ConHog
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Damn, what a horrendous story. I am so sorry for your loss.

Binky
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Binky please post some pics of the litten!!!

You know I love cats pics

So sorry dear, but I don't have any. She reminds me of one of those little teacup doggies that remain very small.

Binky
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
They have to WANT to give it up Binky

My prayers are with you over your loss

This is true. All the help in the world isn't going to do any good if he or she doesnt have a true desire to stop and help themselves.

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
My tragedy ain't shit. God bless Binky and the matters she must endure snf desl eith daily. I can't imagine.

Psychoblues

Binky
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Binky, I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing worse.

It's been five years and we've had to work our way thru all the emotions that came forth. We had to wake up and stop the self loathing for not being able to help.

Kathianne
09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
My tragedy ain't shit. God bless Binky and the matters she must endure snf desl eith daily. I can't imagine.

Psychoblues

PB, I hope you read this later, when sober.

Binky
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM

Psychoblues

And don't make it a tragedy that is irrepable. Before one does anything so selfish and stupid, he/she needs to stop and think about the family and friends left behind to deal with the situation.

And you don't want to imagine it. Dig deep into your heart and soul and come up with the decision that you WANT to stop drinking and change your life. Others cannot do it for you. You have to do it yourself. If you want to live to a ripe old age and enjoy your life to the fullest, then get up off your butt and change your lifestyle. I'm sorry to be so direct but I have no patience with people who choose to flush their life down the toilet for the sake of a bottle of booze.

Binky
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Damn, what a horrendous story. I am so sorry for your loss.

Yep, it was horrendous. Imagine finding your son in that condition and then having to call the cops. That's the visual my hubby has had to deal with.

red states rule
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
And don't make it a tragedy that is irrepable. Before one does anything so selfish and stupid, he/she needs to stop and think about the family and friends left behind to deal with the situation.

And you don't want to imagine it. Dig deep into your heart and soul and come up with the decision that you WANT to stop drinking and change your life. Others cannot do it for you. You have to do it yourself. If you want to live to a ripe old age and enjoy your life to the fullest, then get up off your butt and change your lifestyle. I'm sorry to be so direct but I have no patience with people who choose to flush their life down the toilet for the sake of a bottle of booze.

:clap::clap:

:salute:

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Psychoblues

My tragedy ain't nothing. God bless Binky and the matters she must endure daily. I can't imagine.

I hope for sobriety and want sobriety. Those that don't understand my failures and weaknesses and only stand to judge me and condemn me can kiss my ass. Comprende'?

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
My tragedy ain't nothing. God bless Binky and the matters she must endure daily. I can't imagine.

I hope for sobriety and want sobriety. Those that don't understand my failures and weaknesses and only stand to judge me and condemn me can kiss my ass. Comprende'?

Psychoblues

Speaking for myself, I want you to beat this PB. But if YOU DON'T WANT TO BEAT IT then you will not

Your failuires are in the past and mean nothing unless you want to use them as an excuse

Kathianne
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM

PsychobluesPsycho, you do need to take it a 'day at a time.'

Psychoblues
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Psycho, you do need to take it a 'day at a time.'

You and I recited a prayer one night, Kath. It goes like this:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

God bless you and God bless that prayer.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
09-12-2011, 05:52 PM

Psychoblues
Live it and walk it. Best thing anyone can say to you.

logroller
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Psychoblues

The following version's better IMO. Own up to the choice that is yours to make. You wanna keep drinking, go ahead. No judgment from me; hell, I'll have one with ya. Pray for strength, that's fine and well, but God isn't going to save you from alcoholic dependency; only YOU can do that. Say this one instead, its about what YOU do, not God.

the courage to change the things I can;

Trusting in the balance; that I may be able to see myself as happy in this life.

Psychoblues
09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
The following version's better IMO. Own up to the choice that is yours to make. You wanna keep drinking, go ahead. No judgment from me; hell, I'll have one with ya. Pray for strength, that's fine and well, but God isn't going to save you from alcoholic dependency; only YOU can do that. Say this one instead, its about what YOU do, not God.

the courage to change the things I can;

You definitely have the better version, lr. Although completely sober for only a few days I am once again drinking. I know the disasters.

Psychoblues