PDA

View Full Version : The Hollywood Left and 9-11

red states rule
09-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Some things never change and the left's obsession with blaming America for 9-11 is still echoed

Here a few quotes from the "smart" people

“Am I angry? You bet I am. I am an American citizen, and my leaders have taken my money to fund mass murder. And now my friends have paid the price with their lives.
“Keep crying, Mr. Bush. Keep running to Omaha or wherever it is you go while others die, just as you ran during Vietnam while claiming to be ‘on duty’ in the Air National Guard. Nine boys from my high school died in that miserable war. And now you are asking for ‘unity’ so you can start another one? Do not insult me or my country like this!
“Yes, I, too, will be in church at noon today, on this national day of mourning. I will pray for you, and us, and the children of New York, and the children of this sad and ugly world .”
— Message posted by left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore on his Web site, September 14, 2001.

“We have been the cowards. Lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away, that’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, not cowardly.”
— ABC’s Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect, September 17, 2001.

“Where is the acknowledgment that this was not a ‘cowardly’ attack on ‘civilization’ or ‘liberty’ or ‘humanity’ or ‘the free world’ but an attack on the world’s self-proclaimed superpower, undertaken as a consequence of specific American alliances and actions? How many citizens are aware of the ongoing American bombing of Iraq? And if the word ‘cowardly’ is to be used, it might be more aptly applied to those who kill from beyond the range of retaliation, high in the sky, than to those willing to die themselves in order to kill others. In the matter of courage (a morally neutral virtue): whatever may be said of the perpetrators of Tuesday’s slaughter, they were not cowards.”
— Novelist and playwright Susan Sontag writing for the “Talk of the Town” section of the Sept. 24, 2001 New Yorker.

“I despise him [President George W. Bush]. I despise his administration and everything they stand for....There has to be a movement now to really oppose what he is proposing because it’s unconstitutional, it’s immoral and basically illegal....It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It’s humiliating.”

— Actress Jessica Lange at a September 25, 2002 press conference at an international film festival in San Sebastian, Spain where she was given a lifetime achievement award. Her remarks were shown in the U.S. on the syndicated show Inside Edition on October 4, 2002.

“This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them ‘hawks’, but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation’s grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist.”

— Former Cheers star Woody Harrelson in an op-ed headlined “I’m an American tired of American lies” published Oct. 17, 2002 in London’s The Guardian newspaper.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2011/09/09/ten-years-after-september-11-recalling-outrageousness-hollywood-left#ixzz1Xk5C2nLl

J.T
09-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Yeah, everyone knows it was Osama! Er, Hussein! Er, Osama! Er, Iran! Er, Hezbollah! and America can do no wrong and never bears any responsibility for the blowback from its foreign policies or actions :rolleyes:

If Hezbollah and not Israel is responsible for the children killed by Israeli bombs and bullets following a rocket attack, then America is responsible for 9/11 and any other attacks that occur in response to American actions abroad.

You can't have it both ways.

Noir
09-12-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm going to see Micheal Moore in November and if he opens the floor to questions (which i very much hope he does, but doubt) that quote from 9/14 is one is what i'm planning to use as a lead into a question on East Timor. Would very much like to hear his thoughts on that.

red states rule
09-12-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm going to see Micheal Moore in November and if he opens the floor to questions (which i very much hope he does, but doubt) that quote from 9/14 is one is what i'm planning to use as a lead into a question on East Timor. Would very much like to hear his thoughts on that.

He may do an Al Gore on you Noir

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8SfWdDP5v_A" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>