PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Meyer - Marine gets Medal of Honor

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
This HERO saved 36 lives and killed at least 8 cockroaches while under heavy fire, and injured himself. :salute:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-awards-medal-honor-young-us-marine-193935264.html

J.T
09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Proof? They have video? Or is this another made-up bit of propaganda like the Tillman story?

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Proof? They have video? Or is this another made-up bit of propaganda like the Tillman story?

Tillman was KIA, this gentleman is alive to tell his side of the story, alongside those very lives he saved. Do you have a reason to believe this particular story is somehow false, or do you just enjoy shitting on those in uniform that risk their lives?

J.T
09-15-2011, 06:38 PM
this gentleman is alive to tell his side of the story
So was Jessica lynch and it didn't stop them then. Saying this guy goes along with the story just means he's telling the same story.

Sounds like you're saying there's no reason to believe the story other than 'they would would never lie to us'.

J.T
09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I love the shades of RTLM in the OP, btw.

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
So was Jessica lynch and it didn't stop them then. Saying this guy goes along with the story just means he's telling the same story.

Sounds like you're saying there's no reason to believe the story other than 'they would would never lie to us'.

I'm confident the story has been vetted over and over. I don't give blanket "freedoms" to our government and our military - but I trust them enough that this story, and the amount of people involved that could challenge the validity, are true.

I love the shades of RTLM in the OP, btw.

Translate for us stupid members? Without knowing just yet, let me bet it's some sort of acronym laughing at me for honoring this medal winner?

J.T
09-15-2011, 06:46 PM
So you trust them because they say so because they've never lied to us before?

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
So you trust them because they say so because they've never lied to us before?

I never said that, you manson lookalike fucker!!

Of course they've lied to us about things before, they ARE our government, and mostly career politicians. But I do believe this story, as there are too many witnesses, and I find the soldiers and their superiors to be credible.

J.T
09-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I never said that
Of course they've lied to us about things before
Okay. So what evidence is there to lead you to believe they're telling the truth this time, other than your desire for the story to be true?

there are too many witnesses
There were witnesses to the Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman stories too, and eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable even if they're not willfully lying (in some nations eyewitness testimony alone is not enough to convict someone of a crime for this very reason)

and I find the soldiers and their superiors to be credible.

based on what? The fact that they wear the same uniforms as the people you already admit have lied to us before?

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 07:07 PM
JT (Justin Timberlake in disguise perhaps?) I mean this will all due respect and sincerity - did you eat a lot of paint chips while growing up? Maybe you're like Jim Ignatowski from "Taxi" and your friends in college made you eat "pot brownies" and you've been fucked up ever since? :)

Seriously man, do you doubt ALL news like this for our soldiers without proof? We've had thousands and thousands of soldiers win all kinds of awards over the years. Do you believe ANY of them?

J.T
09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
do you doubt ALL news
Yep. As would you, if you paid attention. Don't believe anything until they show some sort of evidence. Especially when they have a history of lying.

On 9/11, the media reported the collapse of Building 7 a half-hour early- with the building standing in the background during the broadcast. before that, there were the absurd and obviously fake reporting from CNN during desert storm. Then there was the supposed 'live feed' from an alleged underwater camera during the Deepwater Horizon spill- in which you could seethe reflection of someone opening the door in the room behind the camera as this camera (which is supposedly underneath the ocean broadcasting a life feed) is trained on a screen and broadcasting the spill as it plays on the screen for some reason (which just makes you wonder why they'd do that). Of course, there was the second Gulf of Tonkin incident that never happened and the 40-minute shootout with an unarmed Osama bin Laden (witnesses who aren't lying disagree on whether a man was sitting or standing, not on whether there was a 40-minute shootout or not).

So... what evidence do they have that any of this latest story is true?

jimnyc
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Stop, stop, you're killing me dude! Oh man, and I was starting to like you, JT. I kinda figured you were a little nutty upstairs, just not a "nutter".

But if you don't mind, I'm going to honor this young man receiving this award anyway. I'm going to stay positive and believe this man is a hero who lived these actions. I'll consider it true in this case, unless otherwise shown. Is that cool with you if I do that, while you await a FOIA request for a videotape?

SassyLady
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM

If you know something, either put up or STFU....making insinuations is for the weak willed and cowards.

Until you prove it's a lie, I chose to believe it's the truth.

J.T
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
If you know something, either put up or STFU....making insinuations is for the weak willed and cowards.

Until you prove it's a lie, I chose to believe it's the truth.
jim just said there's no reason to believe it and now you say you believe because you prefer that it be true?

Sounds like a matter of faith...

SassyLady
09-15-2011, 11:05 PM
jim just said there's no reason to believe it and now you say you believe because you prefer that it be true?

Sounds like a matter of faith...

I did not say I prefer it to be true ... I very clearly said that until YOU prove it is a lie, I will believe it. Why should I believe you over anyone else?

BTW ... Jim is not Reverend Jones and I'm not one of his koolaid kids ... so where do you get the idea that just because "Jim just said" that makes it so?

Not saying I agree or disagree .... but don't preface your discussions with me about what Jim or anyone else says and trying to use what they say as support for/against your argument/discussion with me.

Stand on your own two feet.

Psychoblues
09-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I have grown to accept that nothing the military says is truly representative as to what actually happened. There are many reasons for that but mostly favoritism and propaganda come in to play. On the other hand, I remain enormously proud of the young PFC Meyer. Whatever happened there he somehow stood out as an outstanding example of American courage and dedication. He certainly deserves his recognition and anyone that says he doesn't without substantial proof that the narrative is a lie can just shut the fuck up.

Psychoblues