PDA

View Full Version : Black Caucus Chair: We‘d ’Be Marching on the White House’ if Not For Obama

red states rule
09-19-2011, 02:33 AM
So they will not march on the WH because Obama is black!

and these are the same people who said the Tea Party is a racist organization

Unhappy members of the Congressional Black Caucus “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president, according to CBC Chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.).

"If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House," Cleaver told “The Miami Herald” in comments published Sunday (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/18/v-fullstory/2413197/black-caucus-head-treads-line.html). "There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president."

CBC members have expressed concern in recent months as the unemployment rate has continued to rise amongst African-Americans, pushing for Obama to do more to address the needs of vulnerable communities.

"We’re supportive of the president, but we getting tired, y’all,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said in August. “We want to give [Obama] every opportunity, but our people are hurting. The unemployment is unconscionable. We don’t know what the strategy is."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/182209-cbc-chairman-if-obama-wasnt-in-office-we-would-be-marching-on-white-house

ConHog
09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
RSR, Why do you act surprised to hear that racist groups are racist?

Nukeman
09-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I find it funny how the MSM will not report this openly.. You can find it on Drudge but try to find it on CNN, or MSNBC and you can't. That s the problem our news organizations need to get out of bed with the politicians and actually report so we can force these type of bums out..

red states rule
09-20-2011, 02:25 AM
RSR, Why do you act surprised to hear that racist groups are racist?

I am not surprised at all. If not for their double standards liberals would have no standards at all

ConHog
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I am not surprised at all. If not for their double standards liberals would have no standards at all

Do you mean things like " stop calling people names you fucking retard?"

red states rule
09-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Do you mean things like " stop calling people names you fucking retard?"

and like "gun control opponents should be shot!"

Look at people like Virgil. When someone has a "D" at the end of their name, or are known liberals, they are held to a seperate set of standards than everyone else

Monkeybone
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I find it funny how the MSM will not report this openly.. You can find it on Drudge but try to find it on CNN, or MSNBC and you can't. That s the problem our news organizations need to get out of bed with the politicians and actually report so we can force these type of bums out..I often wonder why they seem to like them so much... even when things are blatantly wrong.

and like "gun control opponents should be shot!"

Look at people like Virgil. When someone has a "D" at the end of their name, or are known liberals, they are held to a seperate set of standards than everyone else It is just becasue they are smarter than us and can see the whole picture.

ConHog
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
I find it funny how the MSM will not report this openly.. You can find it on Drudge but try to find it on CNN, or MSNBC and you can't. That s the problem our news organizations need to get out of bed with the politicians and actually report so we can force these type of bums out..

Another thing to consider though is that this guy is saying exactly what his constituents think. They aren't going to vote the racist sumbitch out of office. I wish they'd start impeaching assholes like this guy. And I would outlaw the Black Caucas tomorrow. I thought the government wasn't supposed to discriminate?

logroller
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
So they will not march on the WH because Obama is black!

and these are the same people who said the Tea Party is a racist organization

He's not black, he's mixed race-- most everybody is. We need to quit pandering to ethnic-based politics-- almost nobody is of pure blood.

You know the problem I've always had with the Tea Party is, to me, the Boston Tea party represents destruction as means of changing government. It popularizes derision, effectively cutting the head off government; necessary against despotism, pitiful for a democracy.

ConHog
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
He's not black, he's mixed race-- most everybody is. We need to quit pandering to ethnic-based politics-- almost nobody is of pure blood.

You know the problem I've always had with the Tea Party is, to me, the Boston Tea party represents destruction as means of changing government. It popularizes derision, effectively cutting the head off government; necessary against despotism, pitiful for a democracy.

Of course he's mixed race. But it's pretty obvious that the blacks to whom race is the most important thing embrace his black ancestry more than any other.

logroller
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Of course he's mixed race. But it's pretty obvious that the blacks to whom race is the most important thing embrace his black ancestry more than any other.

Compensating for their lack of pure blood no doubt. You don't see rednecks running around screaming for advancement of native americans, cause you only gotta be like 1/8 or 1/16. Blacks don't know, or care. Its just a skin color thing, they're even prejudiced against light skinned blacks-- pretty dumb, advancement of colored people-- who's clear? Oh yeah, ninjas, they get all the breaks.

red states rule
09-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Compensating for their lack of pure blood no doubt. You don't see rednecks running around screaming for advancement of native americans, cause you only gotta be like 1/8 or 1/16. Blacks don't know, or care. Its just a skin color thing, they're even prejudiced against light skinned blacks-- pretty dumb, advancement of colored people-- who's clear? Oh yeah, ninjas, they get all the breaks.

Lr correct me if I am wrong but didn't Obama, and the liberal media make the 2008 election all about race?

I remember being told that by electing Obama Amercia would redeem itself when it came to our history on race relatons?

However, it has done the opposite. Obama, Dems, and the liberal media have tagged anyone who opposes him and his polcies as racists. It is clear why the CBC will not openly protest Obama, since they have attacked those who marched on the WH in the past as racists

The race is pulled from the bottom of the deck everytime in defense of Obama

ConHog
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Lr correct me if I am wrong but didn't Obama, and the liberal media make the 2008 election all about race?

I remember being told that by electing Obama Amercia would redeem itself when it came to our history on race relatons?

However, it has done the opposite. Obama, Dems, and the liberal media have tagged anyone who opposes him and his polcies as racists. It is clear why the CBC will not openly protest Obama, since they have attacked those who marched on the WH in the past as racists

The race is pulled from the bottom of the deck everytime in defense of Obama

I really think that in the long run Obama will have proven to have backfired on blacks. Now Americans are going to be very leery about trusting even blacks who ARE qualified to be President.