PDA

View Full Version : Taking the next career step

gabosaurus
05-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I am one year away from completing my masters degree program in adolescent psychology. At this time next year, I hope to be officially employed as a counselor for at risk teens.
The past couple of years, I have worked with Orange County schools as an intern counselor. I was able to work with kids (mostly girls ages 13-18), but I had to work with a regular counselor.
Now that I have a degree and grad student status, I can work with kids on my own. They will be my own cases, making my own decisions.
I start tomorrow, working in the Anaheim schools. It's exciting, but extremely frightening and a bit unnerving.
It's times like these where I wish I drank heavily. :cheers2:

Pale Rider
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
My God.... and we wonder what's wrong with the youth of today... :uhoh:

stephanie
05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Gabby...

I'm sure you'll keep that quirky side we see of you, just for the Internet boards..:laugh2:

Don't let the nerves overwhelm you....Good luck, and be the true, compassionate, caring person you can be....

No politics in your job, though....:cheers2:

Mr. P
05-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Gab, forget the book shit and use common sense.

Well, don't really forget the book stuff, just keep it in the background, common sense first.

Got it?

Pale Rider
05-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm sure you'll keep that quirky side we see of you, just for the Internet boards..:laugh2:
Let's hope so.

No politics in your job, though....:cheers2:
Now there's where your requests will fall short I'm afraid.

stephanie
05-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Let's hope so.

Now there's where your requests will fall short I'm afraid.

One can hope...

gabosaurus
05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
The public/personal side of me is a direct 180 from what I post here. Politics is not a part of my marriage, and it is not a part of my job. In fact, DP is the only place where I discuss politics.
That is why I rarely post about my life on the internet. To me, DP (and other such internet sites) are an outlet where I come to blow off steam. Otherwise, I am a dedicated grad student, an employee of a juvenile psych ward, the wife of a prominent conservative and working toward the next stage of my life. Which will include working in the public schools and adopting a daughter.

So ya'll keep rolling out there. As long as there are conservative, fundamentalist Republicans out there, I will also have a job working with screwed up kids. :laugh2:

stephanie
05-13-2007, 11:14 PM
The public/personal side of me is a direct 180 from what I post here. Politics is not a part of my marriage, and it is not a part of my job. In fact, DP is the only place where I discuss politics.
That is why I rarely post about my life on the internet. To me, DP (and other such internet sites) are an outlet where I come to blow off steam. Otherwise, I am a dedicated grad student, an employee of a juvenile psych ward, the wife of a prominent conservative and working toward the next stage of my life. Which will include working in the public schools and adopting a daughter.

So ya'll keep rolling out there. As long as there are conservative, fundamentalist Republicans out there, I will also have a job working with screwed up kids. :laugh2:

Real nice..
You can't even accept a atta girl without insulting....Sad.

Pale Rider
05-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Real nice..
You can't even accept a atta girl without insulting....Sad.

She must have had a real bad childhood, because this woman is FULL of venom.

stephanie
05-13-2007, 11:49 PM
She must have had a real bad childhood, because this woman is FULL of venom.

Naaa. I don't believe that...

I just wish her well in her new job endeavours...

05-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Gab, forget the book shit and use common sense.

Well, don't really forget the book stuff, just keep it in the background, common sense first.

Got it?

Dude... this is Gabby we are talking about. Gabbs and common sense dont mix...

05-14-2007, 12:39 AM

That's true. Because we are the only ones who want to fix screwed up kids. If the liberals ran things, youd be out of a job because youd be railroaded out of town for even suggesting anything is wrong with the kids.

diuretic
05-14-2007, 12:41 AM
That's not venom - that's just a quirky sense of humour :laugh2:

stephanie
05-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Dude... this is Gabby we are talking about. Gabbs and common sense dont mix...

I really don't believe that Avatar..

Yes...she totally speaks off the wall..
I believe she speaks that way just to get a rise from people...

What I do hope.......Is someday, she will look back on some of the stuff she spouted off the cuff......And realize how hateful, crude, and hurtful it was...

Only then will a person.......grow up...

Some people do.......Other's never do...

All we can do..........IS HOPE, for our younger generation.......:cheers2:

Sitarro
05-14-2007, 01:28 AM
I know a couple of psychologist, one runs a psychiatric hospital in a major city....they are all the nuttiest people I know. The head of the hospital is the worst, a real head case.

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 01:32 AM
I know a couple of psychologist, one runs a psychiatric hospital in a major city....they are all the nuttiest people I know. The head of the hospital is the worst, a real head case.

Well then, she will fit right in!

stephanie
05-14-2007, 01:32 AM

Shoot....I probably could be a psychologist.....And I didn't even go to collage.....

Living 50yrs of life has a way of doing that to you...:laugh2:

diuretic
05-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Shoot....I probably could be a psychologist.....And I didn't even go to collage.....

Living 50yrs of life has a way of doing that to you...:laugh2:

I reckon I could apply for academic credit in that case :laugh2: :cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Best of luck, Gabby! It's an exciting time in your life.

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Wow a Liberal who's somewhat educated? Damn we better call the record book, they will definatly want to hear about this one.

stephanie
05-14-2007, 01:45 AM
I reckon I could apply for academic credit in that case :laugh2: :cheers2:

This is what my psychological answer would be to you....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/52007246-L.jpg

:laugh2: :cheers2:

stephanie
05-14-2007, 02:04 AM
And again......I would like to wish Gabby........The best of luck in your career...........

Do good babe.....:cheers2:

diuretic
05-14-2007, 03:50 AM
This is what my psychological answer would be to you....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/52007246-L.jpg

:laugh2: :cheers2:

That's a nice cat :coffee:

And I still reckon I could get academic credit :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 08:20 AM
And again......I would like to wish Gabby........The best of luck in your career...........

Do good babe.....:cheers2:

Hmmm... I think this love fest is a little creepy... :rolleyes:

Nienna
05-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Hmmm... I think this love fest is a little creepy... :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with wishing someone luck in her career... Good luck! :)

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Nothing wrong with wishing someone luck in her career... Good luck! :)

Not to someone that's been "nice" to you. Those two have gone at each other's throats like cage fighters. Not only that, gabby's probably insulted every person on the board at one time or another. There's very few of her posts that DON'T contain an insult. She even took a slap at Stephanie right here in this thread even though Stephanie was trying to wish her well. Read back. You girls are more forgiving than I am.

Go ahead, wish her well. After she made that vile comment about my "MOTHER", I hope she rots in hell, fuckin' bitch.

05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Not to someone that's been "nice" to you. Those two have gone at each other's throats like cage fighters. Not only that, gabby's probably insulted every person on the board at one time or another. There's very few of her posts that DON'T contain an insult. She even took a slap at Stephanie right here in this thread even though Stephanie was trying to wish her well. Read back. You girls are more forgiving than I am.

Go ahead, wish her well. After she made that vile comment about my "MOTHER", I hope she rots in hell, fuckin' bitch.

Actually I agree with Nienna. Wishing someone well despite them being abusive and mean is still a good thing.

Of course, I'm not doing that here. Because I am seriously concerned about the teens she might come in contact with.

gabosaurus
05-14-2007, 11:22 AM
You still don't understand, do you Pale?
Look on the next to last page of the now locked Steel Cage thread, at the comment you directed toward Doniston. Not a very nice thing to say, but no one complained. Yet you get up in arms when a much less vicious reply was sent your way. Tells me that you obviously love to dish it out, but are unable to take it. Perhaps you need a thicker skin. And more common sense.

Not that any of this matters. Just wanted to post a comment from MY computer, in MY office. :coffee:

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
You still don't understand, do you Pale?
Look on the next to last page of the now locked Steel Cage thread, at the comment you directed toward Doniston. Not a very nice thing to say, but no one complained. Yet you get up in arms when a much less vicious reply was sent your way. Tells me that you obviously love to dish it out, but are unable to take it. Perhaps you need a thicker skin. And more common sense.

Not that any of this matters. Just wanted to post a comment from MY computer, in MY office. :coffee:

Doniston lied about me. Then admitted it. Then denied it. He deserved what he got.

I can take anything you or anyone else dishes out hun. But when you make reference to my "MOTHER," you're over the line with your brand of "humor."

Common sense is something someone with little should preach about. I pity the young mixed up girls you'll come in contact with. Too bad there's not a way to warn them who they're about to get their head twisted by.