PDA

View Full Version : The media’s love affair with a disastrous president

red states rule
09-19-2011, 02:46 AM
This guy has a firm grasp on the obvious

As the bad economic news continues to emanate from the United States — with a double-dip recession now all but certain — a reckoning is overdue. American journalism will have to look back at the period starting with Barrack Obama’s rise, his assumption of the presidency and his conduct in it to the present, and ask itself how it came to cast aside so many of its vital functions. In the main, the establishment American media abandoned its critical faculties during the Obama campaign — and it hasn’t reclaimed them since.

Much of the Obama coverage was orchestrated sychophancy. They glided past his pretensions — when did a presidential candidate before “address the world” from the Brandenberg Gate in Berlin? They ignored his arrogance — “You’re likeable enough, Hillary.” And they averted their eyes from his every gaffe — such as the admission that he didn’t speak “Austrian.”

The media walked right past the decades-long association of Obama with the weird and racist pastor Jermiah Wright. In the midst of the brief stormlet over the issue, one CNN host — inexplicably — decided that CNN was going to be a “Wright-free zone.” He could have hung out a sign: “No bad news about Obama here.”

The media trashed Hillary. They burned Republicans. They ransacked Sarah Palin and her family. But Obama, the cool, the detached, the oracular Obama — he strolled to the presidency.

Palin, in particular, stands out as Obama’s opposite in the media’s eyes. As much as they genuflected to the one, they felt the need to turn rotweiler toward the other. If Obama was sacred , classy, intellectual and cosmopolitan, why then Palin must be malevolent, trashy, dumb and pure backwoods-ignorant.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2011/09/17/rex-murphy-the-medias-love-affair-with-a-disastrous-president/

ConHog
09-19-2011, 02:28 PM
The Obama ass kissing aside, there are plenty of folks who should be ashamed of the way they have treated Sarah Palin. They won't be , but they should. And I'm not a fan of hers at all.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
The Obama ass kissing aside, there are plenty of folks who should be ashamed of the way they have treated Sarah Palin. They won't be , but they should. And I'm not a fan of hers at all.

I have seen film footage of her as a sportscaster. SHe was GREAT in that job. I think she is the classic example of the Peter Principle.

ConHog
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I have seen film footage of her as a sportscaster. SHe was GREAT in that job. I think she is the classic example of the Peter Principle.

Please provide video evidence of Obama doing great at ANY job.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
what would it matter, conhog? You will hate Obama regardless of what he does... and deep down, we both know why.

fj1200
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
what would it matter, conhog? You will hate Obama regardless of what he does... and deep down, we both know why.

Because reading a teleprompter doesn't automatically means he's an effective president? Because that seems to be your basis.

red states rule
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM

That is known as liberal tolerance

Libs love to women break thru that glass ceiling. As long as they are liberal women, and the conservative women are the ones sweeping up the broken glass

red states rule
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM

So in Virgil's world opposing Obama's polcies, pointing out the results of their policies, talking about the trillions of wasted money, the record deficits he has ran up, and the actual things the "stimulus" money was spent on is now hate

But when the left wishes death on others, attacks the children of political opponents, and assualts those who are openly opposing liberal policies - that is liberal tolerance

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
So in Virgil's world opposing Obama's polcies, pointing out the results of their policies, talking about the trillions of wasted money, the record deficits he has ran up, and the actual things the "stimulus" money was spent on is now hate

But when the left wishes death on others, attacks the children of political opponents, and assualts those who are openly opposing liberal policies - that is liberal tolerance

and when democrats opposed Bush's policies and his wars and his stupid tax cuts, you didn't call us traitors? :laugh2:

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:08 PM

Typical liberal douchebaggery of crying racism if anyone dares to criticize The Chosen One.

red states rule
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
and when democrats opposed Bush's policies and his wars and his stupid tax cuts, you didn't call us traitors? :laugh2:

You mean like Sen Durbin comparing our toops to Nazi's

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7FaSEQ-fKc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Or Joh Kerry calling the troops terrorists?

Or Harry Reid saying the war was lost?

Yea, real patriots there Virgil

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:15 PM

That is correct. I can honestly say I never called anyone a traitor for disagreeing with Bush.

How idiotic of you.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Typical liberal douchebaggery of crying racism if anyone dares to criticize The Chosen One.

who said anything about race? freudian slip on your part, perhaps?

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:25 PM
That is correct. I can honestly say I never called anyone a traitor for disagreeing with Bush.

How idiotic of you.

gosh...ask RSR if he ever did.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
You mean like Sen Durbin comparing our toops to Nazi's

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7FaSEQ-fKc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Or Joh Kerry calling the troops terrorists?

Or Harry Reid saying the war was lost?

Yea, real patriots there Virgil

Kerry never called our troops terrorists and you did call democrats who opposed Bush's war traitors.

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
who said anything about race? freudian slip on your part, perhaps?

As if ANYONE thought you meant anything else

gosh...ask RSR if he ever did.

I'm not RSR so why would I answer for him?

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
As if ANYONE thought you meant anything else

I meant because he was a democrat

then why did you do PRECISELY that in post #12?

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I meant because he was a democrat

then why did you do PRECISELY that in post #12?[/QUOTE]

really? Voted for Clinton twice and Bush nonce, yep I'm a staunch Repub I tell you what.

I NEVER answered for RSR

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I NEVER answered for RSR

that is EXACTLY what you did in post #12

red states rule
09-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Kerry never called our troops terrorists and you did call democrats who opposed Bush's war traitors.

Here is John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry calling the troops terrorists

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EXaoavV1d4s" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
that is EXACTLY what you did in post #12

No dipshit, I answered for ME, that is why I said " I never called anyone a terrorist..........." if I had been speaking for RSR I would have written "RSR has never called anyone a terrorist........"

red states rule
09-19-2011, 05:41 PM
aqnd Kerry also called the troops smeared the troops by calling them uneducated

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLuMWiQ6r2o" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 05:44 PM
for morons who have a Dick and Jane limited vocabulary, I guess that the gang of punks who terrorize a neighborhood are terrorists.

terrorize and terrorist are similar words, but they have different meanings. One have a political aspect to it, the other only means causing fear. If Gi's broke into MY home in the middle of the night, I would be terrorized. So would you. That does not make the GI's "terrorists".

red states rule
09-19-2011, 05:45 PM
for morons who have a Dick and Jane limited vocabulary, I guess that the gang of punks who terrorize a neighborhood are terrorists.

terrorize and terrorist are similar words, but they have different meanings. One have a political aspect to it, the other only means causing fear. If Gi's broke into MY home in the middle of the night, I would be terrorized. So would you. That does not make the GI's "terrorists".

This from the guy who called our troops in Iraq "infidals"

I have a good memory Virgil - and all your greatest hits are well remembered :laugh2:

ConHog
09-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Actually.

Terrorism is the noun. Terrorize is the verb and those who terrorize are terrorists. So technically those GI's in your hypothetical would in fact be engaging in terrorism would in fact be terrorists.

Saying otherwise is akin to saying people who run aren't runners. Why yes they are.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 06:27 PM
This from the guy who called our troops in Iraq "infidals"

I have a good memory Virgil - and all your greatest hits are well remembered :laugh2:

If you could ever spell... american troops in Iraq ARE infidels according to the citizens of that country.... with, or course, the exception of muslim troops, who are NOT infidels.

again... you don't understand the meaning of words in your OWN fucking language... you probably shouldn't be lecturing me about words in arabic, moron.

beanerboy
09-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Actually.

Terrorism is the noun. Terrorize is the verb and those who terrorize are terrorists. So technically those GI's in your hypothetical would in fact be engaging in terrorism would in fact be terrorists.

Saying otherwise is akin to saying people who run aren't runners. Why yes they are.

ter·ror·ize verb \ˈter-ər-ˌīz\
ter·ror·izedter·ror·iz·ing

Definition of TERRORIZE

transitive verb
1: to fill with terror or anxiety : scare

ter·ror·ism   [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

do you notice that terrorist and terrorism have a political aspect whereas terrorize does not?

ConHog
09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
If you could ever spell... american troops in Iraq ARE infidels according to the citizens of that country.... with, or course, the exception of muslim troops, who are NOT infidels.

again... you don't understand the meaning of words in your OWN fucking language... you probably shouldn't be lecturing me about words in arabic, moron.

What are you blattering on about? Infidel is an English word, not an Arabic one. In Arabic the non Muslims soldiers are كافر

I have no idea how you would pronounce that though.

Psychoblues
09-19-2011, 08:06 PM

piggy will never admit his failings as a debater or an American, beaner. Good try, however!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-20-2011, 02:23 AM

and they are infodels according to you

terrorsts according to Kerry

Naizi's accordning to Durbin

Losers according to Reid

No wonder the militray vote goes to R's in every election

I did like the response the military gave Kerry after his "botched joke"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v47/149/107/38001690/n38001690_30484354_314.jpg

red states rule
09-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Once again Obama approval number hits a new all time low. The CBS poll (with the usual oversample of Dems and Independents) CBS finds Obama sinking lower and lower

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/09/16/obama_approval_sept11_2011_2.gif

As concerns about the struggling U.S. economy grow, a new CBS News/New York poll finds that President Obama's overall approval rating has dropped to 43 percent, the lowest so far of his presidency in CBS News polling. In addition, his disapproval rating has reached an all-time high of 50 percent.

Views of the president's job performance are marked by a striking degree of polarization along party lines -- the vast majority of Democrats approve (78 percent), while even more Republicans disapprove (89 percent) of how he's handling his job. But only 37 percent of independents approve, with 54 percent disapproving.

Except for a notable spike in approval after the killing of Osama bin Laden in May, President Obama's approval rating has been below 50 percent since the spring of 2010.

Not surprisingly, the down economy has had a clear impact on Mr. Obama's approval rating.

<!--pagebreak-->The poll also found that 39 percent of Americans say the economy is fairly bad, and another 47 percent say the economy is very bad - the highest percentage since April 2009. Meanwhile, 13 percent say the economy is fairly good and just one percent say it is very good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20107584-503544.html

Psychoblues
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Try debating once in a while, rsr. You and dimples only have neg reps to pass around. When is the last time I negged you? I tell the truth. You lie and neg rep. You, a debater, NOT?!?!?!?!?!???!

Psychoblues

red states rule
09-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Try debating once in a while, rsr. You and dimples only have neg reps to pass around. When is the last time I negged you? I tell the truth. You lie and neg rep. You, a debater, NOT?!?!?!?!?!???!

Psychoblues

If you do not want neg rep all you have to do is stop acting like an asshole PB

As far as this thread, tell me what postive effect Obama's polcies have had on the economy. Obama got everything he wanted in the first 2 years sicne Dems ran the House and had 60 seats in the Senate

The voters see what a failure Obama has been thus far and the have sent several message to Obama via the 2010 midterm and last weeks special elecion in NY to change direction. So far the messages have been ignored

The ball is now in your court PB

red states rule
09-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Now one of the excuses being offered for Obama's falling poll numbers is white voters are holding him to a higher standard then they do white politicians

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105826" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

red states rule
09-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Obama and his "superpowers" :laugh2:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BKsxgOS4Hfw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>