PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Just wow.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2007, 12:13 AM
This gas station pic is from San Francisco. It's under $3.00 where I live on the east coast.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070510/capt.e40d7495b8bf4846aaed7db81fd3db3b.gas_prices_c aps101.jpg?x=216&y=345&sig=fDnJmRvreL9KvWH1TxgDZw--

stephanie
05-14-2007, 12:32 AM
This gas station pic is from San Francisco. It's under $3.00 where I live on the east coast.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070510/capt.e40d7495b8bf4846aaed7db81fd3db3b.gas_prices_c aps101.jpg?x=216&y=345&sig=fDnJmRvreL9KvWH1TxgDZw--

Hell......It was 2.89 here last week.......way up here, in Northern Alaska...:poke:

Sitarro
05-14-2007, 01:22 AM

I just saw unleaded for 2.79 here. I saw a story on an independent owner that is getting screwed by Shell near San Francisco. He raised his prices over 4.00 a gallon to ruin the business since Shell is basically running him off so they can come in with their own station. This might be the station and they are making it look like it's the norm for the news. Manu might know more about it.

Fountainhead
05-14-2007, 02:44 AM

Your photo is of a SHELL station owner in San Francisco who is protesting SHELL's attempt to drive independent dealers out of business. ALL the major oil companies have been driving-out independents for years ... that way they get to control the price.

I purchased gasoline today for the BEST MARKET price that I could find $ 3.33/gal. at an ARCO station in Concord, CA COSTCO was slightly cheaper at $ 3.29/gal.

I use the website oaklandgasprices.com to locate the cheapest sellers in my area. Look at the website and you will see how ridiculously HIGH gas prices are in the SF Bay Area.

In the liberal Bay Area ... there is NO public outcry over these prices, because the pseudo-intelligentsia inhabitants of the Bay Area believe that it is righteous to pay EXHORBITANT prices for gasoline ... cause that's what they do in Europe. And Europeans are kewler than Americans. And because they would like to see all the common people ride BART (about $ 6.00 ONE WAY from SF to the suburbs).

The oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

The very people who HATE the oil companies ... are making them RICHER beyond their wildest dreams

Nienna
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I filled up yesterday at $3.15/gallon, near Cincinnati. :(

Kathianne
05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
$3.23 is the best price around here.

Birdzeye
05-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I have to get gas today and will be checking out this site before I go:

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

OK, I just checked; the cheapest station in my zip code is $3.00/gal. That's where I'll be going.

MtnBiker
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
$3.03 here.

Hagbard Celine
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Premium is $3.25 here in Atlanta. And companies like BP have the nerve to run happy little commercials on tv about how their stores are wonderful places where consumers want to be. :rolleyes:

I want to throw a pie in the face of every big-oil and gas executive alive. Those sons-of-bitches are unethical swine. In a country where all the citizens need gas to get to work, charging a premium for it should be an unforgiveable sin, but everyone seems to just be complacent about it--bovine even. They say a frog will sit still in a pot of water while it gradually boils to death. That's America folks!

Mr. P
05-14-2007, 10:10 AM
$2.96-$2.99 here, seems to change every day. For regular.

Dilloduck
05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
$2.96-$2.99 here, seems to change every day. For regular.

I just bought it for $2.79 by driving over the the slums. 20 cents a gallon cheaper over there. Who woulda figgered?

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Filled my truck the other day and it took $75 to fill it @ 3.59 a gallon here in Reno.

Ta heck with that. I need my Harley back.

glockmail
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Premium is $3.25 here in Atlanta. And companies like BP have the nerve to run happy little commercials on tv about how their stores are wonderful places where consumers want to be. :rolleyes:

I want to throw a pie in the face of every big-oil and gas executive alive. Those sons-of-bitches are unethical swine. In a country where all the citizens need gas to get to work, charging a premium for it should be an unforgiveable sin, but everyone seems to just be complacent about it--bovine even. They say a frog will sit still in a pot of water while it gradually boils to death. That's America folks!

So how high will it have to go before you'll stop whining about a new oil refinery being built or a new well being drilled in your area?

Hagbard Celine
05-14-2007, 10:45 AM
So how high will it have to go before you'll stop whining about a new oil refinery being built or a new well being drilled in your area?

I haven't whined about that. I also don't know what you're talking about. There haven't been any plans to build oil refineries in the Atlanta area. If they suddenly found an enormous oil reserve here in GA I'd be all for drilling it. Seems your post was designed for the sole purpose of baiting me into some inane libs vs. cons exchange, but you don't have a pot-to-pee-in with me on this subject. I even supported drilling the Alaskan oil reserves. I support whatever will help me pay less for gas.

Mr. P
05-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I just bought it for $2.79 by driving over the the slums. 20 cents a gallon cheaper over there. Who woulda figgered?

A good example of how much the retailer affects cost. They price for their market.

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 10:49 AM
A good example of how much the retailer affects cost. They price for their market.

Now wait a minute Mr. P, loose says the price is controlled by something completely different...

Mr. P
05-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Now wait a minute Mr. P, loose says the price is controlled by something completely different...

Many variables in that price.

glockmail
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
I haven't whined about that. I also don't know what you're talking about. There haven't been any plans to build oil refineries in the Atlanta area. If they suddenly found an enormous oil reserve here in GA I'd be all for drilling it. Seems your post was designed for the sole purpose of baiting me into some inane libs vs. cons exchange, but you don't have a pot-to-pee-in with me on this subject. I even supported drilling the Alaskan oil reserves. I support whatever will help me pay less for gas. So you recognize that the liberals who fight every energy project are the ones to blame for your sore wallet.
:clap:

Abbey Marie
05-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Your photo is of a SHELL station owner in San Francisco who is protesting SHELL's attempt to drive independent dealers out of business. ALL the major oil companies have been driving-out independents for years ... that way they get to control the price.

I purchased gasoline today for the BEST MARKET price that I could find $ 3.33/gal. at an ARCO station in Concord, CA COSTCO was slightly cheaper at $ 3.29/gal.

The picture was on Yahoo's front page, and it made no mention of the protest angle. It just said it was taken at a Shell station in S.F. on May 10th, implying that it was representative of actual price-per-gallon. Figures.