PDA

View Full Version : What a GREAT Rick Perry ad: "President Zero"

-Cp
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Even though I'll likely not vote for this guy, it's a cool campaign ad:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8EL5Atp_vF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Noir
09-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Good lord.
Is this real life or a hollywood movie?

-Cp
09-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Good lord.
Is this real life or a hollywood movie?

Nope.. it's spot-on-the-money regarding Obama's dismal performance so far..

chloe
09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
I loved it and felt the excitement of a new President !!! Great ad thanks for sharing. :salute:

Noir
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Nope.. it's spot-on-the-money regarding Obama's dismal performance so far..

That may be, but you can do that without all the cinamatics, no?
I mean, our party broadcasts tend to much less theatrical, which I much prefer. What's in the OP looks almost like a parody of an American broadcast IMO. But hey, whatever ticks your clock, just looks bizarre to me.

J.T
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Why don't they spent less time making movies and more time crafting sound policies?

fj1200
09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
^Because the movie making guys are different than the policy crafting guys.

Trigg
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
That's a great ad.

I still like Romney over Perry because of Perry's stance on illegal immigration. He is against e-verify and a border wall, but is ok with instate tuition for illegals. I think we'd have another amnesty and dream act proposal if this guy is eleted.

J.T
09-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Clearly, you don't know how Washington works. The movie guys and the faces (the politicians you seem to think are the policy guys) both work for the money guys.

fj1200
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Clearly, you don't know how Washington works. The movie guys and the faces (the politicians you seem to think are the policy guys) both work for the money guys.

Clearly they're not in Washington so... :rolleyes:

fj1200
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
That's a great ad.

I still like Romney over Perry because of Perry's stance on illegal immigration. He is against e-verify and a border wall, but is ok with instate tuition for illegals. I think we'd have another amnesty and dream act proposal if this guy is eleted.

I'm not so worried about that because it will pretty much be up to the House and Senate to keep the POTUS in line if he starts to stray. I think the likely incoming batch in Congress can get that done... at least for a little while.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Great response to a fallacious argument.

There will always be the "all or nothing" guys out there. Another example: "We shouldn't spend one dime on (fill in the blank) until all (fill in the blank with any sad thing) is gone/fixed/created.

Noir
09-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Great response to a fallacious argument.

There will always be the "all or nothing" guys out there. Another example: "We shouldn't spend one dime on (fill in the blank) until all (fill in the blank with any sad thing) is gone/fixed/created.

All very true, but nonetheless the add wrecks of 'dumbed down america' IMO, in a kind of 'average Joe and jane like movies, let's make our political ad like a movie...'

=/ like I cam promise you if a UK party made am advert like that they'd be a laughing stock all election lol, but no matter, different kind of politics I guess.

fj1200
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
This is a bit different than the 30 second blips that will run when they get to TV during the actual campaign season. It's a good ad, it runs against BO and not his Republican counterparts.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
All very true, but nonetheless the add wrecks of 'dumbed down america' IMO, in a kind of 'average Joe and jane like movies, let's make our political ad like a movie...'

=/ like I cam promise you if a UK party made am advert like that they'd be a laughing stock all election lol, but no matter, different kind of politics I guess.

Different strokes, etc. We are a brash and out loud kinda country. :salute:

Noir
09-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Different strokes, etc. We are a brash and out loud kinda country. :salute:

Indeed, well, sometimes y'all are brash and out loud, but sometimes y'all are quieter than the most modest mouse. For example, I *have* asked you to cite the source to the quote in your sig, I've even made two topics asking you to do so, and never received an answer. So this is just a wee poke to remind you that I'm still interested inan answer. Here's the thread just incase - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?32481-Abbey-please-cite-your-source.

(See that for a seemless transition =P)

LuvRPgrl
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I mean, our party broadcasts tend to much less theatrical, which I much prefer. What's in the OP looks almost like a parody of an American broadcast IMO. But hey, whatever ticks your clock, just looks bizarre to me.

Im gonna make a few assumptions here.
Our party = Dems
You meant to insert the word "be" in the part I changed to red.

Hmmm, Dems broadcasts have more substance than....

So, "I promise CHANGE"
"DC will not be the same o same o"
"Things will be different under my administration"
"we wont cow tow to the GOOD OL BOYS network"
"winds of change are coming to Washington"
"we will have new policies..."
were contents that had substance and werent theatrical?

ABC interview of Obama, circa 2007
INTERVIEWER:" So Senator Obama, can you give us some specifics on how things will change?"
OBAMA "Yes, not a problem. As you can tell by my voting record in the Senate, we will make things different. By that, I mean, we wont vote along party lines (actually wont vote at all)
We will bring refreshing new change to a city that is in a stranglehold of the old policies.
We will bring forth policies that nobody has tried before. Is that specific enough for you, I mean, we dont want to engage in empty rhetoric and theatrics."

Not only were Obamas speeches devoid of anything "less theatrical", but they were all lies to boot.

Oooops, I see you meant Jolly ol England,,,,yea, not theatrics there, RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT. GIVE US some time and Im sure we will find some theatrical ads from English elections, on the internet.

J.T
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
what does it say about the American people that they respond to pretty movies, music, and special effects rather than to rational arguments and policy positions?

LuvRPgrl
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Clearly they're not in Washington so... :rolleyes:

Not only that, but the political guys, and the movie making guys may both work for the same group, but that has nothing to do with what their respective jobs entail.
I think only a dimwit would think it does, AND THEN POST THAT STUPID CRAP.

stupic in, stupid out.

fj1200
09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
what does it say about the American people that they respond to pretty movies, music, and special effects rather than to rational arguments and policy positions?

Who says they're not?

J.T
09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
stupic in, stupid out.

:rolleyes:

Noir
09-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Oooops, I see you meant Jolly ol England,,,,yea, not theatrics there, RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT. GIVE US some time and Im sure we will find some theatrical ads from English elections, on the internet.

Indeed, well, not just England. Rather Great Britian and Northern Ireland.

Ofcourse there are some theatrics, buzzwords and such, but nothing on the scale of what you have in the OP. No where near.

Like the main broadcast of the Lib Dems here was the Party leader, walking about london talking about what policies he'd want to introduce, with pieces of paper floating about with 'broken promises' from previous governments. A lil theatrical with all the 'broken promises floating around' but still.

Gaffer
09-22-2011, 06:34 PM

Ofcourse there are some theatrics, buzzwords and such, but nothing on the scale of what you have in the OP. No where near.

Like the main broadcast of the Lib Dems here was the Party leader, walking about london talking about what policies he'd want to introduce, with pieces of paper floating about with 'broken promises' from previous governments. A lil theatrical with all the 'broken promises floating around' but still.

Our ads are much more entertaining.

LuvRPgrl
09-22-2011, 11:42 PM

So hey, what with your King and Queen, and all those royal weddings,
and princes and princesses, and othe royalty, and being knighted?

Is that real life down to earth stuff? Or perhaps.....

Im not attacking you or your post, Im just saying we all have theatrics, its just different how we play them out.

red states rule
09-23-2011, 03:57 AM

Noir, it is called getting the message out. Obama was gloating how he would raise ONE BILLION dollars to run for President, not only that, Obama still has the liberal media waving the pom poms for him on a daily basis

The R's have to pull out all the stops in this battle. I for one loved the ad, and it got the message out very clearly

Obama is a huge and expensive failure

Noir
09-23-2011, 06:52 AM
So hey, what with your King and Queen, and all those royal weddings,
and princes and princesses, and othe royalty, and being knighted?

Is that real life down to earth stuff? Or perhaps.....

Im not attacking you or your post, Im just saying we all have theatrics, its just different how we play them out.

Its certainly not down to earth. Pompous nonsense if you ask me.

However, they are a side show, and not involved in actual politics. The guy in the OP wants to be President!

Noir
09-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Noir, it is called getting the message out. Obama was gloating how he would raise ONE BILLION dollars to run for President, not only that, Obama still has the liberal media waving the pom poms for him on a daily basis

The R's have to pull out all the stops in this battle. I for one loved the ad, and it got the message out very clearly

Obama is a huge and expensive failure

and the best way of 'getting the message out' is to make your broadcast more like a movie than policy defined? like i said earlier, looks wickedly like a dumbing down to me.

Gunny
09-23-2011, 08:06 AM
That's a great ad.

Think about where he's from and a good percentage of his constituents. NEITHER party wants to alienate the Hispandex vote, and Hispandex Americans are completely illogical on the issue of the bloodsucking illegals. If Romney were to win, he'd never get any real policy change through Congress on this issue, but COULD alienate the Hispandex vote for the GOP.

IMO, Romney, in general, alienates more people than Rick Perry.

Gaffer
09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
and the best way of 'getting the message out' is to make your broadcast more like a movie than policy defined? like i said earlier, looks wickedly like a dumbing down to me.

It's all about catching the attention of the viewers and attention spans. The American public has been dumbed down so you have to play to that. Most people know more about dancing with the stars and who's starring in the latest hit movie than they do about any sort of politics.

Nukeman
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

=/ like I cam promise you if a UK party made am advert like that they'd be a laughing stock all election lol, but no matter, different kind of politics I guess.Its funny you say this. we were discussing the art of "dumbing down" information for the common person.

We in health care need to put things at a 3rd grade level for "everyone" to understand. that my friends is pathetic!!! It is what you get with our current teaching style of teaching to the slowest kid in class.

It used to be at an 8th grade level, than a 5th grade, now its the 3rd grade level.. Sad really sad....

On a side note if you look at our founding fathers and the federalist papers they were written for the common citizen and were subtle and informative WITHOUT dumbing down the information...

Nukeman
09-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Think about where he's from and a good percentage of his constituents. NEITHER party wants to alienate the Hispandex vote, and Hispandex Americans are completely illogical on the issue of the bloodsucking illegals. If Romney were to win, he'd never get any real policy change through Congress on this issue, but COULD alienate the Hispandex vote for the GOP.

IMO, Romney, in general, alienates more people than Rick Perry.What the R's need to do this time around is quit splitting the primary vote and set up a TEAM of pres and vice pres early so we can get better people in the election. I strongly believe that McCain was only able to get the nod due to Romney and Huckabe splitting the rest... If either of those 2 had concceded the primary or taken on the role of possible VP I think the outcome would have been VERY different!!!

J.T
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM

IMO, Romney, in general, alienates more people than Rick Perry.

<tbody>

hispandex

n. An American racial slur aimed at male Hispanics and male Americans of Latino descent in general

</tbody>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hispandex

:eusa_eh:

LuvRPgrl
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Its certainly not down to earth. Pompous nonsense if you ask me.

However, they are a side show, and not involved in actual politics. The guy in the OP wants to be President!

Do they have any political stance or influence? Kinda like our Hollyweird celebs.

Is the food really as bad as they say in jolly ol England?

Noir
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Do they have any political stance or influence? Kinda like our Hollyweird celebs.

Is the food really as bad as they say in jolly ol England?

They do in a sense, but its generally frowned upon for them to be taking too much of an interest.
They do have access to a lot of Lords and Peers, and (as many of them have served in the army/navy/air force) there is a connection their too. But a Royal would never try to set state policy or anything like that, to do so (especially if it contracted what the government wanted) would likey result in their abolition.

And i think the foods wonderful, but then almost all of mine is home cooked or the type of food that could only ever be wonderful anyway.