PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting old?

KitchenKitten99
09-23-2011, 02:32 PM
With a headshop just across the street, I get plenty of the local horribly-dressed (the gangster oversized baggy pants, sideways hat, ratty-looking hoodie) stoners coming in to MY store, and looking around. Some even come in looking for the headshop, which honestly is very hard to miss due to their whole 5x6 store window illuminated with red neon flames and the giant skull/crossbones above the door. Not to mention the GIANT sign with their name 'RedRum' in big red letters...

While most just leave after they realise that my shop is definitely not their style, some come in and look around...and look around, but when I ask if they have questions or whatnot, they decline and just continue to look. Some help themselves to the coffee we have made, but a few who come in regularly but never buy anything would just get 2-3 cups of coffee and leave. I had to put a sign up that says coffee is free with cigar/pipe/accessory purchase just because of the freeloaders.

So, does it mean I am getting old when I think to myself: Damned kids need to stop loitering in my store.

I don't say it out loud, or indicate in any way my actual thoughts, and everyone is treated the same when they walk through my door. I am more than happy to help them and answer questions about cigars/pipe tobacco etc. But when they walk around, picking stuff up, and start playing with the pipe tobacco, it makes it hard for me to get any other work done, when I am not helping them, but having to watch their every move.

ConHog
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
With a headshop just across the street, I get plenty of the local horribly-dressed (the gangster oversized baggy pants, sideways hat, ratty-looking hoodie) stoners coming in to MY store, and looking around. Some even come in looking for the headshop, which honestly is very hard to miss due to their whole 5x6 store window illuminated with red neon flames and the giant skull/crossbones above the door. Not to mention the GIANT sign with their name 'RedRum' in big red letters...

While most just leave after they realise that my shop is definitely not their style, some come in and look around...and look around, but when I ask if they have questions or whatnot, they decline and just continue to look. Some help themselves to the coffee we have made, but a few who come in regularly but never buy anything would just get 2-3 cups of coffee and leave. I had to put a sign up that says coffee is free with cigar/pipe/accessory purchase just because of the freeloaders.

So, does it mean I am getting old when I think to myself: Damned kids need to stop loitering in my store.

I don't say it out loud, or indicate in any way my actual thoughts, and everyone is treated the same when they walk through my door. I am more than happy to help them and answer questions about cigars/pipe tobacco etc. But when they walk around, picking stuff up, and start playing with the pipe tobacco, it makes it hard for me to get any other work done, when I am not helping them, but having to watch their every move.

So wait.. You carry, pipes, tobacco, rolling papers, etc etc, but you're NOT a headshop?

By the way a few drops of Visene in the coffee will keep the dirty freeloaders away.

KitchenKitten99
09-23-2011, 02:44 PM
So wait.. You carry, pipes, tobacco, rolling papers, etc etc, but you're NOT a headshop?

Our sign out front says we specialize in premium cigars and have a premium lounge.

We do not and have never sold rolling papers or any cigarette tobacco.

We sell actual hand-carved briar and Meerschaum pipes, usually starting around $80. Our pipe tobacco sells for $4.75/ounce.

See our website: www.littlehavanatobaccoinc.com (the photo of the building is older before we put our larger signage up).

By the way a few drops of Visene in the coffee will keep the dirty freeloaders away.

This is a BAD idea. Last thing I need to happen is someone in the hospital and the source is linked to my store's coffee pot.

See this: http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

(http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp)

Gaffer
09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Your not getting old. Your just getting a bunch of freeloaders and potential criminals hanging out and checking the place. Keep your gun in easy access.

KitchenKitten99
09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Your not getting old. Your just getting a bunch of freeloaders and potential criminals hanging out and checking the place. Keep your gun in easy access.

Not a problem. ;)

Hubby's Smith & Wesson .40 stays under the counter at all times.
Though sometimes he will switch it out for his Kimber .45 if he doesn't want to carry in his belt-holster and wants to use his brace.