PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Beverly Perdue (D-NC): We should cancel the elections

Little-Acorn
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Ummm..... Beverly.... the new members of Congress ARE focusing on the economy.

They're just not doing it the way you and your fellow Democrats want.

They're doing it the way the American people want, instead.

Nice try.

--------------------------------------

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-to-focus-on-jobs/

NC governor recommends suspending democracy to focus on jobs

Published: 3:58 PM 09/27/2011 | Updated: 5:01 PM 09/27/2011
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

North Carolina Republicans immediately scoffed at Perdue’s proposal, pointing out to her that elections hold politicians accountable for their actions.

“Now is a time when politicians need to be held accountable more than ever,” North Carolina GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said in an email to The Daily Caller. “To suspend an election would be removing the surest mechanism that citizens have to hold politicians accountable: the right to vote.”

Gaffer
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
I guess she would like to see the presidential election cancelled too. We wouldn't want the dark one to have to worry about reelection campaigning and not be able to concentrate on ruining the country.

A democrat wants to take away a basic American right....imagine that.

Little-Acorn
09-27-2011, 04:28 PM
May I make a suggestion?

Perhaps if the various elected officials did what the American people wanted, they wouldn't have to worry so much about losing their next election... and THEN they could concentrate more on doing their jobs, and less on persuading the people to vote for them?

No, no need to thank me. Happy to help solve the problem.

Thunderknuckles
09-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't think so Darth Perdue

:fighting0040:

BoogyMan
09-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Does anyone remember the liberal idiots in 2008 breathlessly claiming that Bush was going to declare an emergency and refuse to leave office? It never happened, but here we have a liberal doing what seems to me to be testing the waters by tossing out this idiotic rhetoric.

Nothing will force a revolution faster than an action such as the governor prescribes here.

Moron.

09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I think the people of NC should try to do the opposite. Make the election sooner. For her.

Any politician that suggests suspending an election is a good thing should be ineligible for office.

KarlMarx
09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Instead of canceling the election, a better idea would be to cancel Democrats... starting with the one in charge

ConHog
09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Ummm..... Beverly.... the new members of Congress ARE focusing on the economy.

They're just not doing it the way you and your fellow Democrats want.

They're doing it the way the American people want, instead.

Nice try.

--------------------------------------

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-to-focus-on-jobs/

NC governor recommends suspending democracy to focus on jobs

Published: 3:58 PM 09/27/2011 | Updated: 5:01 PM 09/27/2011
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

North Carolina Republicans immediately scoffed at Perdue’s proposal, pointing out to her that elections hold politicians accountable for their actions.

“Now is a time when politicians need to be held accountable more than ever,” North Carolina GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said in an email to The Daily Caller. “To suspend an election would be removing the surest mechanism that citizens have to hold politicians accountable: the right to vote.”

IOW she knows the Dems are going to face a beatdown in 2012 so she wants to suspend the people's ability to administer said beatdown.

Seriously, if this woman gets reelected every person who votes for her should be shot.