PDA

View Full Version : The Kingdom of God on earth

09-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Christ taught us to pray:

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)

So what does it take for the Kingdom of God to be established on earth as it is in heaven? And what do we do in that regard?

Abbey Marie
09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I would read it in conjunction with the post-tribulation verses in Revelation.

Thunderknuckles
10-01-2011, 12:08 AM
If you believe Revelations, the answer is straight forward and in your face:
Christ returns and establishes Heaven on Earth whether you like it or not.

If you don't believe in Revelations, the question is moot.

We have nothing to do with it.

10-05-2011, 12:30 AM
I think we have everything to do with it. I dont know that I know much about the Eternities. But I do know that Christ and the Father don't force anything upon us against our will. They invite us to do good. They invite us to follow them. But they don't force anything.

I think the Kingdom will be here before Christ comes because the Holy Spirit will entice the honest of heart to live the Gospel. And we will build it in preparation for His coming. He has to have a people prepared for His coming or He will destroy everyone at His coming.

But if you don't like the way I phrased the question, how about it this way: How do we prepare for the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth? How do we prepare for the Lord's coming in the latter days?

I think the Lord wants us to be doing more than we are doing as a people. I think we are living far below what the Lord expect of us.

Thunderknuckles
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
OK, I'll buy that :)

fj1200
10-05-2011, 11:57 PM
So what does it take for the Kingdom of God to be established on earth as it is in heaven? And what do we do in that regard?

My Sunday School teacher, class titled Seeking the Kingdom btw, preaches that all the time. I'll, poorly I'm sure, sum it up by saying community; Worshiping, praying, studying the bible, etc. should be done together in community. And not just the limited community of one's own group but by reaching out and touching those who you wouldn't normally touch on a day-to-day basis.