PDA

View Full Version : Buying a wife? Marrying a car?

darin
09-28-2011, 08:37 AM
I drive a car. Lots of people drive cars. As I struggle behind two cars, blocking both lanes of traffic on the highway, as they pace one-another exactly 1mph over the speed limit I consider what I'm seeing. In the right lane is a domestic pick-up. In the left lane is a Pontiac grand am/Taurus/Avenger/Mini-van. The domestic blandwagon violating state law, and displaying general lack of concern for how their actions impact others. Often I attempt to get inside the mind of that driver. During my mind-reading, I try to figure out what motivated the driver to pick that particular vehicle.

In my mind, most domestic cars fairly useless beyond providing transportation. Most domestic sedans, for instance, lack soul-stirring qualities I demand of what is perhaps only second to my house in terms of financial investment.

When I consider my car purchases, I believe I shop for a car with similar qualities I want in a lover, or mate.

My Subaru is a classic Butter-face. You know what I mean - a woman who is VERY hot, except for - or 'But (for) her' face. Great body. Capable runner. Solid and sexy from certain angles. With its all wheel drive system, about 350 hp, equally-strong in torque, the car is the choice to make when I have to get through traffic safely, fast, (not quick) and all-weather capable. It's utilitarian AND fun to run. Technically it's great. All I should want.

My Mazda is the freaky European Gymnast. My RX8 is the one night stand with the hot chick who lives down the hall from your apartment. My RX8 has amazing reflexes, and while not fast-per say, it's the car I want to take on a weekend at the beach. It's not a car I can build a family around. My RX8 is the trophy-wife. While driving, I sometimes think "wow...this is MY car?" It's the car that 'wants it. Hard, now. Anytime I can get behind the wheel.'

My F150 SuperCrew 4x4 is the kind of woman I want when the zombies attack. When the zombies attack, I want a worker. A woman who can plow the land. A woman who can lift heavy things. A solid, quiet, looks-independent type of lady.

Is the secret to happiness to have three cars, and three women? :) Is there a single car or lady combining all the attributes I desire?

logroller
09-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Cars don't get jealous when you drive another car. If you could find a woman with this attribute -- the pursuit of happiness would be endless. Seriously, endless, never-ending, never to be fully satisfied. If your cars gave you an ultimatum (As I'm guessing Mrs DMP would) -- You can only have one of us -- which one would it be?

darin
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Cars don't get jealous when you drive another car. If you could find a woman with this attribute -- the pursuit of happiness would be endless. Seriously, endless, never-ending, never to be fully satisfied. If your cars gave you an ultimatum (As I'm guessing Mrs DMP would) -- You can only have one of us -- which one would it be?

Indeed the question...which 'one' car?

Would likely be none of the cars I own - likely a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Sports-car nimble, a 'looker', and all-weather and even mild off-road ability.

ConHog
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
My wife is the Audi S8 station wagon of women. She's beautiful, curvy, intelligent, willing and able to work as hard as she plays, and every guy wishes they had one of her.

sundaydriver
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
My wife is the Audi S8 station wagon of women. She's beautiful, curvy, intelligent, willing and able to work as hard as she plays, and every guy wishes they had one of her.

But they can't because it was a 2001 prototype with only 6 produced.

Must look good parked next to the Ferrari!! :laugh2:

ConHog
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
But they can't because it was a 2001 prototype with only 6 produced.

Must look good parked next to the Ferrari!! :laugh2:

Did I say I had the car? Oh that's right, I didn't.

Also, the exclusiviety of the car is exactly what I was comparing my wife to.

Trigg
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I drive a car. Lots of people drive cars. As I struggle behind two cars, blocking both lanes of traffic on the highway, as they pace one-another exactly 1mph over the speed limit I consider what I'm seeing. In the right lane is a domestic pick-up. In the left lane is a Pontiac grand am/Taurus/Avenger/Mini-van. The domestic blandwagon violating state law, and displaying general lack of concern for how their actions impact others. Often I attempt to get inside the mind of that driver. During my mind-reading, I try to figure out what motivated the driver to pick that particular vehicle.

In my mind, most domestic cars fairly useless beyond providing transportation. Most domestic sedans, for instance, lack soul-stirring qualities I demand of what is perhaps only second to my house in terms of financial investment.

When I consider my car purchases, I believe I shop for a car with similar qualities I want in a lover, or mate.

My Subaru is a classic Butter-face. You know what I mean - a woman who is VERY hot, except for - or 'But (for) her' face. Great body. Capable runner. Solid and sexy from certain angles. With its all wheel drive system, about 350 hp, equally-strong in torque, the car is the choice to make when I have to get through traffic safely, fast, (not quick) and all-weather capable. It's utilitarian AND fun to run. Technically it's great. All I should want.

My Mazda is the freaky European Gymnast. My RX8 is the one night stand with the hot chick who lives down the hall from your apartment. My RX8 has amazing reflexes, and while not fast-per say, it's the car I want to take on a weekend at the beach. It's not a car I can build a family around. My RX8 is the trophy-wife. While driving, I sometimes think "wow...this is MY car?" It's the car that 'wants it. Hard, now. Anytime I can get behind the wheel.'

My F150 SuperCrew 4x4 is the kind of woman I want when the zombies attack. When the zombies attack, I want a worker. A woman who can plow the land. A woman who can lift heavy things. A solid, quiet, looks-independent type of lady.

Is the secret to happiness to have three cars, and three women? :) Is there a single car or lady combining all the attributes I desire?

sounds like you need to move to Utah and become a Mormon.

3 Great wives, 3 different styles

sundaydriver
09-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Did I say I had the car? Oh that's right, I didn't.

Also, the exclusiviety of the car is exactly what I was comparing my wife to.

What you don't realize is prototypes usually have many problems and the 1 Audi S8 Wagon sold had all kinds of problems leaked like a sieve in weather. Hope the wife stands up better to a little rain.

ConHog
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
What you don't realize is prototypes usually have many problems and the 1 Audi S8 Wagon sold had all kinds of problems leaked like a sieve in weather. Hope the wife stands up better to a little rain.

The only thing wrong with my wife is that I didn't meat her earlier in my life.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
The only thing wrong with my wife is that I didn't meat her earlier in my life.

Freudian slip, Con? ;)

NightTrain
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I notice a disturbing lack of a Dodge Cummins Diesel extended cab 4x4 in your fleet.

I'm afraid that I'm going to ask for your Man Card.

ConHog
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Freudian slip, Con? ;)

Not at all. the only flaw she has is that she's so much younger than I am that I didn't get her earlier in my life.

NightTrain
09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Not at all. the only flaw she has is that she's so much younger than I am that I didn't get her earlier in my life.

I think she was referring to "meat" as opposed to 'meet". Just a joke, move along.

ConHog
09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I think she was referring to "meat" as opposed to 'meet". Just a joke, move along.

LOL I totally didn't notice that.

NightTrain
09-28-2011, 10:26 PM
LOL I totally didn't notice that.

Me either. Not even now.

That'll teach me to skip down threads faster than I can comprehend.

Best to keep moving here... apologies

SassyLady
09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Here's what I currently own:

1996 Benz 320E
2004 GMC Yukon XL
1985 Monte Carlo SS
1962? TBird
1972 Ford PU (this is our dump truck)

Have owned:

Jeep
Avalanche
Oldsmobile Cutlass SS
Chevy Caprice (this was not my choice .... hubby traded a boat for it)
Ford 250 PU
Chevy PU (the one with six tires - used it for hauling boat, race car and horsetrailer and yes I could pull all of the above and back down a ramp to unload the boat).

And, my new car is a Chrysler 300C

From the above, why kind of woman would you say I am?

PS ... I would never be interested in a man that didn't own a pickup truck.

Psychoblues
09-29-2011, 02:21 AM
I do 2011 Toyota Prius, 2011 Toyota Rav4 and just recently a GMC Terrain. The Rav4 is now for sale. It has a sunroof, alloy wheels topped out in a pretty damned good in a black forest metallic pearl without a scratch. The Terrain has overwhelmed me. What a jammed up truck!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

darin
09-29-2011, 05:09 AM
I do 2011 Toyota Prius, 2011 Toyota Rav4 and just recently a GMC Terrain. The Rav4 is now for sale. It has a sunroof, alloy wheels topped out in a pretty damned good in a black forest metallic pearl without a scratch. The Terrain has overwhelmed me. What a jammed up truck!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Do you have anything to add to the Topic in the OP?

darin
09-29-2011, 05:12 AM

1996 Benz 320E
2004 GMC Yukon XL
1985 Monte Carlo SS
1962? TBird

Have owned:

Jeep
Avalanche
Oldsmobile Cutlass SS
Ford 250 PU
Chevy PU (the one with six tires - used it for hauling boat, race car and horsetrailer and yes I could pull all of the above and back down a ramp to unload the boat).

Based on that list you prefer men who are 'protectors', but you value 'looks', too. :)

sundaydriver
09-29-2011, 05:39 AM

1996 Benz 320E
2004 GMC Yukon XL
1985 Monte Carlo SS
1962? TBird

Have owned:

Jeep
Avalanche
Oldsmobile Cutlass SS
Ford 250 PU

So far I would say sporty/practical.

Need to know what type of race car & horse for a full profile.

Abbey Marie
09-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't really care what car I drive, or my husband drives, as long as it has no big or small problems, has really good acceleration, and looks well-cared for.

I guess that makes me rather indiscriminate. And low-maintenance, lol.

SassyLady
10-05-2011, 01:35 AM
So far I would say sporty/practical.

Need to know what type of race car & horse for a full profile.

Race car = Outlaw Sprint

Horses = Quarter horses

Boats = flatbottoms (Sanger and Hondo)

BTW = also owned two airplanes .... Beechcraft Bonanza and Piper Cherokee

I think this would indicate that I like powerful things.

SassyLady
10-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Based on that list you prefer men who are 'protectors', but you value 'looks', too. :)

Absolutely ...

logroller
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
This is perfect...top-heavy, black and makes up for my lack of confidence and endowment.:laugh2:

sundaydriver
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Race car = Outlaw Sprint

Horses = Quarter horses

Boats = flatbottoms (Sanger and Hondo)

BTW = also owned two airplanes .... Beechcraft Bonanza and Piper Cherokee

I think this would indicate that I like powerful things.

Wow, you really are A WELL ROUNDED SPIRITED PERSON! :thumb:

Land, sea, & air all covered.

800hp in a 1300 lb. car with your hair on fire & carrying that left front tire up in the air. Spend a lot of time with quarter horses but one mare bit me today. Miss flying Pipers around the valleys here.