PDA

View Full Version : Two Democrats: We're Getting Pretty Sick of This Whole "Democracy" Thing

red states rule
09-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Seems the impending defeat for the Dems in 2012 is starting to get to some liberals, and they are starting to vent in public

Yes the pressure is building on the left as they see their wet dream of transforming America slip away

First, we have this from Peter Orszag who served in the Obama administration

snip

During my recent stint in the Obama administration as director of the Office of Management and Budget, it was clear to me that the country’s political polarization was growing worse—harming Washington’s ability to do the basic, necessary work of governing. If you need confirmation of this, look no further than the recent debt-limit debacle, which clearly showed that we are becoming two nations governed by a single Congress—and that paralyzing gridlock is the result.
So what to do? To solve the serious problems facing our country, we need to minimize the harm from legislative inertia by relying more on automatic policies and depoliticized commissions for certain policy decisions. In other words, radical as it sounds, we need to counter the gridlock of our political institutions by making them a bit less democratic.

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/magazine/94940/peter-orszag-democracy?passthru=MGU3YjMxNDdlN2UyMjM2MTNhZGZjNDE 2MjE2NjE2NjI&utm_source=Editors+and+Bloggers&utm_campaign=c995ff8495-Edit_and_Blogs&utm_medium=email

Then we have this from Dem Gov Perdue of NC

File this in the random-things-politicians-say file. Speaking to a Cary Rotary Club today, N.C. Gov. Bev Perdue suggested suspending Congressional elections for two years so that Congress can focus on economic recovery and not the next election.

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that," Perdue said. "You want people who don't worry about the next election."

The comment -- which came during a discussion of the economy -- perked more than a few ears. It's unclear whether Perdue, a Democrat, is serious -- but her tone was level and she asked others to support her on the idea. (Read her full remarks below.)

Later Tuesday afternoon, Perdue's office clarified the remarks: "Come on," said spokeswoman Chris Mackey in a statement. "Gov. Perdue was obviously using hyperbole to highlight what we can all agree is a serious problem: Washington politicians who focus on their own election instead of what’s best for the people they serve."

Read more: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections _for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZKMiU09z

fj1200
09-29-2011, 05:14 AM
WTF is wrong with people!

Missileman
09-29-2011, 05:20 AM

Really! There wouldn't be a problem if the politicians would abandon their self-interest and perform the public service they were elected for.

red states rule
10-01-2011, 09:38 AM

It is called FEAR

They see how Obama's policies are making things worse. They see the anger of the voters and hear their opposition to what Obama is proposing.

I am sure the Dems own internal polling to reflecting what all the polls show. Obama is dragging down the entire Dem party with him

it has gotten so bad, the spin from iberals is "We know Obama sucks, but the R's suck even worse