PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching TerraNova?

darin
10-01-2011, 01:25 PM
My family caught the premiere.

I think I like it - even with some cheap-graphics-due-to-budget-and-scope-of-the-show. :)

Has me thinking - If I could do something like that; not necessarily back in time, but if I could strike out and start a new world. I think I'd be up for it. I wonder if that's the appeal of the show in the first place; are most folks at least quietly, never-admit-to-loved-ones, their desire to start over in a new place, and escape their realities?

chloe
10-01-2011, 01:32 PM

I think I like it - even with some cheap-graphics-due-to-budget-and-scope-of-the-show. :)

Has me thinking - If I could do something like that; not necessarily back in time, but if I could strike out and start a new world. I think I'd be up for it. I wonder if that's the appeal of the show in the first place; are most folks at least quietly, never-admit-to-loved-ones, their desire to start over in a new place, and escape their realities?

nope haven't heard of it, do you have any clips?

Abbey Marie
10-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes, we watched it. I liked it, didn't love it, but it may need time to settle in first.
A lot of the dialogue seems predictable, but the concept is fun. I will give it more time.

As for starting over, I had a very droll Uncle who used to say, the whole earth's population should be wiped out except for three people, who will start the whole thing over. And he didn't want to be one of the three. I always thought that was kind of funny.

Missileman
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM

The premise of the show is flawed in that they are exposing themselves to whatever event wiped out the dinosaurs...pretty dumb.

darin
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
The premise of the show is flawed in that they are exposing themselves to whatever event wiped out the dinosaurs...pretty dumb.

They covered that a bit - they are not in the same 'time stream' as they were. When they sent the probe, initially, they went to look to dig-it-back-up - wasn't there. Thus, Noah's Flood can't cause the kind of catastrophic climate change slowly killing off the largest reptiles. :D