PDA

View Full Version : House M.D.

jimnyc
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Returns tonight! Anyone else a fan of the show and Hugh Laurie?

Little-Acorn
10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
My son was a background actor in one of the episodes, for Christmas a few years ago. That got me interested, plus the fact that it was supposedly staged at my Alma Mater.

The basic idea sounded really good - an eccentric but brilliant doctor forming a tiger team to go after and diagnose the really weird illnesses etc. that had most doctors baffled.

But the Hollywood types quickly degenerated the show into the usual bickering, backbiting etc. common to soap operas - stuff that never actually happens in medical situations like this. Pretty much ruined it.

I guess the scriptwriters can think of only one thing when it comes to "interesting" plots and action. That's sad. Apparently they live very restricted, lonely lives, and have no actual experience to draw on. Most Hollywood shows center around the same bickering, misery, and backbiting - never anything else.

Haven't watched it in a while now.

chloe
10-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked it when it first came on tv but I haven't watched it since the first season.

Dexter started last night too woo hoo !!!!!;)

Noir
10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't watch the show, but Hugh is one of my fav comics, and because of his acting in House I once ended up in a pointless arguement with a girl who was convinced that he was American >,>

jimnyc
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
My son was a background actor in one of the episodes, for Christmas a few years ago. That got me interested, plus the fact that it was supposedly staged at my Alma Mater.

The basic idea sounded really good - an eccentric but brilliant doctor forming a tiger team to go after and diagnose the really weird illnesses etc. that had most doctors baffled.

But the Hollywood types quickly degenerated the show into the usual bickering, backbiting etc. common to soap operas - stuff that never actually happens in medical situations like this. Pretty much ruined it.

I guess the scriptwriters can think of only one thing when it comes to "interesting" plots and action. That's sad. Apparently they live very restricted, lonely lives, and have no actual experience to draw on. Most Hollywood shows center around the same bickering, misery, and backbiting - never anything else.

Haven't watched it in a while now.

It was much better in the first few seasons. The weekly medical stories were awesome, but yeah, they have since let the background drama become more of a focus than the medical part. Still a good watch though!

I liked it when it first came on tv but I haven't watched it since the first season.

Never watched Dexter, don't even know what it's about. Isn't he a serial killer or something?

I don't watch the show, but Hugh is one of my fav comics, and because of his acting in House I once ended up in a pointless arguement with a girl who was convinced that he was American >,>

My wife adores him so I knew his whole career even before House. It's hilarious to see him with the English accent and then literally make it disappear on House. He's one of the best actors on TV, IMO. I believe he's a pretty damned good piano player if I recall, and I think played for the Queen?

Zona
10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Returns tonight! Anyone else a fan of the show and Hugh Laurie?

:puke3:

Zona
10-03-2011, 09:10 PM

:lol:

Abbey Marie
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes, I am a fan of House. And I really liked the season opener in prison. House is smart TV, and lord knows there isn't much of that around.

House episodes remind me of that quote: “Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

I will miss Cuddy, though. I still miss the original team. And I loved Amber Tamblyn.