PDA

View Full Version : Obama admin panicking, "screams and swears" at reporter covering Fast and Furious

Little-Acorn
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.politicalbyline.com/2011/10/04/video-fast-and-furious-becoming-quite-the-ugly-scandal-for-the-obama-white-house/

CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson has been covering the "Fast and Furious" scandal, where Federal agents let illegal buyers purchase guns from U.S. gun stores and bring them into Mexico against Mexican law. She has been pressing Justice Department officials for details, but finds that they refuse to put anything in writing. Later they complain that she has not reported things correctly, whereupon she points out that that was why she wanted the details in writing, so that no "misunderstandings" like that occur.

She described how Justice Dept. spokesman Tracy Schmaler started yelling at her at that point, telling her how "unreasonable" she was, and that White House spokesman Eric Schultz lost it, and started screaming and swearing at her as she probed for details of the scandal.

It's piling higher and deeper at the White House, and more and more officials are being backed into corners they can't find ways out of.

Gaffer
10-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Some in the media are not "cooperating"? The media has no business cooperating with anyone in govt. Good for this lady and her determination to get to the bottom of the story.

The congressional investigators need to appoint a special prosecutor, not the DOJ. This keeps getting deeper and nastier as it goes along. I do hope a prison cell is in holders future.

Little-Acorn
10-04-2011, 04:35 PM
More interesting stuff is starting to come out, from the Laura Ingraham interview:

Laura: Do we know the exact number [of guns] that went over to Mexico?

Attkisson: We know more than 2,000 in Fast and Furious.
And I will soon be reporting on the fact that that is not the only case.
2,000 for that operation according to the agents involved.

So Fast and Furious might not be the only gunrunning operation set up by the BATF?

What on Earth is going on over there???

------------------------------------------------------

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/13/did-operation-fast-and-furious-have-a-tampa-twin-operation-castaway/

Did Operation Fast and Furious have a Tampa twin, Operation Castaway?

Published: 4:39 PM 07/13/2011 | Updated: 9:56 AM 07/14/2011
by Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

Republican lawmakers are alleging that Operation Fast and Furious may have had a twin in Tampa: Operation Castaway.

The new revelations have come to light as Florida Republican Rep. Gus Bilirakis fired off a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder and acting ATF Director Ken Melson asking them for answers about the newly discovered program.

"In recent days, it has come to light that the ATF and DOJ have participated in the act of ‘gun walking' beyond the acts conducted within the scope of ‘Operation Fast and Furious,'" Bilirakis wrote to Holder and Melson.

"Recent reports have suggested that Project Gunrunner may not have been limited to weapons trafficking to Mexico and that similar programs included the possible trafficking of arms to criminal gangs in Honduras with the knowledge of the ATF's Tampa Field Division and the Department of Justice's Middle District of

Specifically, Bilirakis asked them to confirm whether or not these new allegations are true, what monitoring and tracking processes the DOJ and ATF used to follow the guns after they were sold and whether or not Operation Castaway has been terminated.

Bilirakis sent a separate letter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director John Morton asking similar questions about ICE's possible involvement in Operation Castaway.

A spokeswoman for the DOJ didn't respond to TheDC's request for comment.

Kathianne
10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
It's finally breaking, along with Solyndra. Timing is so not good for Obama. Judiciary Chair in House wants special prosecutor appointed:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?32859-Judiciary-Chairman-Calls-For-A-Special-Counsel-to-Investigate-Eric-Holder

Little-Acorn
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
It's finally breaking, along with Solyndra. Timing is so not good for Obama. Judiciary Chair in House wants special prosecutor appointed:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?32859-Judiciary-Chairman-Calls-For-A-Special-Counsel-to-Investigate-Eric-Holder

Yep, they want to appoint a prosecutor to investigate Eric Holder.

Just one problem:

Q: Guess whose job it is to appoint that Special Prosecutor?

A: Eric Holder.

Kathianne
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Just one problem:

As the article says, decisions by Obama will need to be made. Which will be worse for him? It's a lose-lose scenario.

Gaffer
10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
So far from my readings there are at least 6 operations going on in 6 cities. Two in AZ, two in TX, 1 in FL and one in IN. They are all linked to the gun runner conspiracy. Holder is in up to his eyeballs and there is bound to be many others as well. The question is, is it a 2nd Amendment conspiracy to give the govt an excuse to crack down on gun owners or is it something even more nefarious. Like arming insurrectionists.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Zona
10-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Yup. This will be the thing to bring him down. I mean in 2012 __________________ is going to destroy Obama in the elections. I wish I could put a name in there but I cant. Most on the right say Mickey Mouse, but never a candidate because the pool is so weak...but this will be the thing to bring him down! THIS IS IT!

:laugh:

Zona
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Just one problem:

Kind of like when Clarance Thomas was the Chairman U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity and he had uh, some issues with a certain female who worked for him. Who was she supposed to go to? lol

10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
They should be panicking. Holder is in alot of trouble. I dont think this will go up to Obama. But this scandal is still a pretty big black mark on the admin.

red states rule
10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Yup. This will be the thing to bring him down. I mean in 2012 __________________ is going to destroy Obama in the elections. I wish I could put a name in there but I cant. Most on the right say Mickey Mouse, but never a candidate because the pool is so weak...but this will be the thing to bring him down! THIS IS IT!

:laugh:

Is is just me or has Virgil found a way to slip in the back door?

Kathianne
10-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Is is just me or has Virgil found a way to slip in the back door?

Nope, he's from USMB. What's fun though is that one can feel his panic. It is a justified feeling, as Obama's lack of management skills has harmed his standing even with the Democrats in Congress:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/185275-white-house-kept-dem-sens-hanging-on-phone-

Obama administration kept Democratic senators hanging on the phone

By Alexander Bolton - 10/04/11 05:30 AM ET

<input id="fm-c-and-w-article" value="185275" type="hidden"> <input id="fm-c-and-w-start" value="" type="hidden"> President Obama’s relations with Senate Democratic leaders are deteriorating along with his poll numbers.

With Obama’s approval ratings at record lows and the 2012 electoral map favoring Senate Republicans, the president and Senate Democrats are, in many ways, on divergent paths. Vulnerable Democrats from red states see Obama as impeding their chances of winning reelection, while the president often seems aloof to their concerns.

Obama, focused on winning a second term, has distanced himself from Congress altogether, at times not making the distinction between Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill...

Obama left his party’s top senators, who had assembled for a conference call, hanging on the phone for nearly 20 minutes before National Economic Council Director Gene Sperling came on the line with a seemingly vague notion of what the call was supposed to be about, Democratic sources said.

The White House and Reid’s office did not comment for this article.

Reid has been Obama’s most important ally in Congress, but the relationship has never been particularly affectionate, even though Reid was one of Obama’s first Senate colleagues to privately urge him to run for president...

While Obama has personally leaned on members for their votes on controversial bills, House and Senate Democrats have been frustrated with the White House’s communication.

Senate Democrats note that Reid has been Obama’s faithful soldier since the start of his presidency. White House officials view Reid as easier to work with than House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.).

Reid made a huge contribution to Obama’s legacy by uniting all 60 members of his conference in 2010 to pass healthcare reform, despite misgivings from liberals and centrists alike.

But as Democratic lawmakers near a tough election, rank-and-file members feel less inclined to stand close to Obama.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), who is seeking a second term in 2012, said she would not join Obama for a public appearance in Missouri on Tuesday, citing the Senate’s busy schedule.

One Democratic aide, whose boss is facing reelection in a swing state, said of Obama: “There are no coattails.”

Little-Acorn
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
So far from my readings there are at least 6 operations going on in 6 cities. Two in AZ, two in TX, 1 in FL and one in IN. They are all linked to the gun runner conspiracy.

I've heard of two, F&F and Castaway.

Who/what are the others? Real, or just rumors that have faded away? Any links or references?

Gaffer
10-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I've heard of two, F&F and Castaway.

Who/what are the others? Real, or just rumors that have faded away? Any links or references?

Don't have any links right now. I was just reading up on this earlier and one of the sites made mention of the cities involved. Don't know how many names these operations are running under either. The article I read didn't say. Hard to verify things when the main stream media doesn't even mention it. I guess they are too busy cooperating.

red states rule
10-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Nope, he's from USMB. What's fun though is that one can feel his panic. It is a justified feeling, as Obama's lack of management skills has harmed his standing even with Democrats in Congress:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/185275-white-house-kept-dem-sens-hanging-on-phone-

Will the liberal media jump on this like they did when R's did not want Bush to campaign for them? Probably not

But I am not surprised by the screaming at reporters given the level of arrogance and child like mentaility at the White House

I suspect they wanted these guns to be used in Mexico to push more gun laws in the US. It backfired on them and US citizens were murdered - now it is CYA time

ConHog
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Will the liberal media jump on this like they did when R's did not want Bush to campaign for them? Probably not

But I am not surprised by the screaming at reporters given the level of arrogance and child like mentaility at the White House

I suspect they wanted these guns to be used in Mexico to push more gun laws in the US. It backfired on them and US citizens were murdered - now it is CYA time

That's not true. Good grief RSR , I like ya brother but you go way out there on the conspiracy thing some times. No doubt they had good intentions with the Fast & Furious thing, but as usual they just simply didn't have the ability to make good decisions.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
That's not true. Good grief RSR , I like ya brother but you go way out there on the conspiracy thing some times. No doubt they had good intentions with the Fast & Furious thing, but as usual they just simply didn't have the ability to make good decisions. I disagree with you Conhog. I think there was a very big conspiracy here and it had nothing to do with good intentions. It was about creating some sort of serious situation that allowed them to undermine the 2nd amendment. And I think it also involved insurrectionists. This was setting up a brown shirt type crack down concerning weapons ownership.

Little-Acorn
10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I disagree with you Conhog. I think there was a very big conspiracy here and it had nothing to do with good intentions. It was about creating some sort of serious situation that allowed them to undermine the 2nd amendment. And I think it also involved insurrectionists. This was setting up a brown shirt type crack down concerning weapons ownership.

How quickly they forget.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar

Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

May 25, 2011

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

--------------------------------------------------------

Now I wonder what "processes" they were "working on" last May? Something "under the radar"?

Well, it's not under the radar any longer.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
How quickly they forget.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar

Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

May 25, 2011

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

--------------------------------------------------------

Now I wonder what "processes" they were "working on" last May? Something "under the radar"?

Well, it's not under the radar any longer.

BINGO! :salute:

Little-Acorn
10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
BTW, have you seen this memo, from one Justice Dept official to another in October 2010? Apparently CBS news got hold of it. The chief (James Trusty) of the Organized Crime and Gang Section of the DOJ, talks to the Deputy Assistant Atty General (Jason Weinstein), about guns being allowed across the border as part of these ATF operations. They are trying to evaluate whether it will simply be seen as "normal", that guns from U.S. sources are being used in crimes in Mexico, or whether any of the blame will come back to them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/pdf_64.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

"It's not going to be any big surprise that a bunch of US guns are being used in MX, so I'm not sure how much grief we get for "guns walking".

The guns that the ATF let walk across the border, aren't the only ones that are smoking.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM
The next point of interest is; The whole program has been exposed. So where are the arrests and prosecutions that should be going on concerning these buyers and sellers? When your covers blown you should be making arrests and raids. I don't want to give the DOJ any ideas but....

logroller
10-05-2011, 12:16 PM
That's not true. Good grief RSR , I like ya brother but you go way out there on the conspiracy thing some times. No doubt they had good intentions with the Fast & Furious thing, but as usual they just simply didn't have the ability to make good decisions.

Saying someone has 'good intentions' reminds me of someone saying a girl has a 'good personality'-- they both imply something else being completely bad.

i'm reminded of Thoreau's words (emphasis added)---

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
As for Doing-good, that is one of the professions which are full.
The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way.
If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life.
Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. Men will believe what they see.
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Things do not change; we change.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.
The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon, or, perchance, a palace or temple on the earth, and, at length, the middle-aged man concludes to build a woodshed with them.
Law never made men a whit more just.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.
Every generation laughs at the old fashions but religiously follows the new.

Kathianne
10-05-2011, 03:31 PM

There is nothing, not one thing that would lead one to think there were 'good intentions.' The procedures set up from the get go were against all police training. The behavior from all but the whistleblowers from the bottom-to-the-top since has been obstruction.

red states rule
10-05-2011, 05:30 PM

CH I know this is hard but try to think like a liberal for a moment. (Yes set aside logic, reason, and truth)

The anti gun libs allow guns to make their way across the borader knowing they wil used in committing crimes

After the surge in violence, these same libs scream how evil gun dealers are selling these guns to criminals. Therfore the only way to stop this is to pass MORE gun laws.

Remember what Rahm Emanuel said; "never let a crisis go to waste". Now it seems this administration will even create a crisis so it will not go to waste