PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street protesters post manifesto of 'demands'

red states rule
10-04-2011, 05:44 PM
If you want a good laugh continue reading these "demands". The sad thing is, these kids probably were taught that these were actually good ideas by their teachers in college

snip

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/oct/3/picket-occupy-wall-street-protesters-post-manifest/

ConHog
10-04-2011, 05:51 PM
What some fucking retards. They should be tazered. Each and every one of them.

red states rule
10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
What some fucking retards. They should be tazered. Each and every one of them.

I am sure there are future Dem candidates in the crowd, or at least future reporters for CNN and MSNBC

Gaffer
10-04-2011, 07:04 PM
What's missing from the printed words are the blank looks (deer in the headlight), the um huh that come before each answer and the total silence because they haven't got a clue. :laugh:

red states rule
10-05-2011, 03:04 AM
What's missing from the printed words are the blank looks (deer in the headlight), the um huh that come before each answer and the total silence because they haven't got a clue. :laugh:

at least two elected Dems have come out and supported these hippies and their insane "demands"

Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) Co-Chairs Reps. Raúl M. Grijalva and Keith Ellison today released the following statement in solidarity with the demonstrators on Wall Street and around the country:

“We have been inspired by the growing grassroots movements on Wall Street and across the country. We share the anger and frustration of so many Americans who have seen the enormous toll that an unchecked Wall Street has taken on the overwhelming majority of Americans while benefitting the super wealthy. We join the calls for corporate accountability and expanded middle-class opportunity.

“Throughout the summer, CPC Members listened to Americans nationwide describe how it feels to be on the wrong side of the wall between the rich and the rest of us. During the Speakout for Good Jobs Now! tour in New York City, Detroit, Milwaukee, Oakland, Minneapolis, Miami and Seattle, we heard compelling stories of Americans struggling to live the American dream while CEO’s and the super rich were given more taxpayer handouts.

“We stand with the American people as they demand corporate accountability and we support their use of peaceful means to improve America.”

http://cpc.grijalva.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=61&sectiontree=5,61&itemid=429

red states rule
10-05-2011, 03:56 AM
and the libs on Wall St are such tolerant, loving, and above all they are not racist

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l3Y9CARUwio" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
at least two elected Dems have come out and supported these hippies and their insane "demands"

Don't know Grijalva, but the name sounds muslim, and ellison is definitely a muslim. So not surprised they are supporting riots and rebellion. If you view any of the video's take note of how many blacks, hispanics or other than white races you see. Hint: You can count them on one hand and you don't need five fingers.

logroller
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Being necessary to accept their demands--- Why'd they not include mandatory lobotomies? Should of been demand #1 IMO.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Being necessary to accept their demands--- Why'd they not include mandatory lobotomies? Should of been demand #1 IMO.

Make that free mandatory lobotomies.

LuvRPgrl
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
If you want a good laugh continue reading these "demands". The sad thing is, these kids probably were taught that these were actually good ideas by their teachers in college

when asked who is going to pay for all this, the protesters gleefully proclaimed, "the ultra rich of course."
After being informed that there will be no ultra rich under their plans and demands, the protestors seemed to have suddenly been infected with dadruff, as evidenced by the continual scratching of their heads, and the look of total puzzlement on their faces.

DragonStryk72
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

$20/HR??! Every mom and pop in the country would go under in the first MONTH of that. Holy fucking christ, what are these people fucking thinking..... No wait, I just realized the problem. Now, I don't have a particular problem with the tariffs bit, but they need to stop dropping acid on that whole min. wage deal.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Wait, wait, wait. Every single person in the country, without being employed, would make $20/hr? Why would anyone work?

Demand four: Free college education.

Um, how is that even vaguely feasible? There's literally millions of new college students every year.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Um, again, how? If you've fast-tracked the end of fossil fuels, then you're going to have to ramp up the alternative energy to an equal amount. Where are getting that energy, cause demand number seven calls for the elimination of every nuclear plant in the US, which means replacing not only the fossil fuels, but nuclear power as well.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

What does this even have to do with the economy at all? We already spend plenty of money into all of these things.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Wait, okay, now I just call pure Bullshit. Nuclear power is clean, I know, since I lived in VA around the Nuclear Plant in Surry, and i went to Nuke School in the Navy. And again, what does this have to do with Wall Street?

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Um, Egual Rights has existed for decades now, why would we need an amendment, and again, what does this have to do with Wall Street, or the economy?

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Um, here's the problem with that: Everyone would show up HERE. Half the world's population would up and move to the area of greatest freedom/opportunities, which is still us. Our entire economy would be sunk under in a matter of months

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Um, we have up to the minute updates on our voting as evidenced every eleciton cycle. Why on gods earth are we going to take a step backwards?

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

So wait, we're supposed to somehow end debt in other countries?! How would that even work? As well, I hope these people have no intention of having credit cards after this, cause there won't be any credit card companies left.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

....And now we can wave goodbye to all the other loans out there. with no credit reports, bank have no way of determining who is capable of paying a loan of money. So either interest rates would skyrocket, or banks would simply stop loaning out money, and would likely begin charging for basic services.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

This one's just confusing. How is this any different than right now? I mean, people already vote on whether to unionize or not, it's a required part of the process.

Thunderknuckles
10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Not even Greece could fuck up a country as bad as these lunatics would.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
The question is; who really put together that list. Comedy central or the Onion? :laugh:

red states rule
10-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Now members of the liberal media are upset people are talking about what these hippies say.

And if you laughed at those remarks, you're a criminal too. Or at the very least, a thought criminal. Yes, you.

Liberal radio host Thom Hartmann is peeved that media outlets such as Fox News and CNN are covering the so-called Occupy Wall Street movement and allegedly interviewing only the most "politically unsophisticated" protesters, after searching all of nanoseconds to find them.

Here's Hartmann complaining about this on his radio show yesterday after opening a segment with the all-too-apropo "Take the Money and Run" from paleo-rocker Steve Miller

You know, this to me is like about as grass roots and about as genuine a populist revolution as you can get. I think it's just absolutely great what is going on out in the streets, what's going on in Washington, D.C., what's going on in New York, and what's going on here. (Hartmann broadcasting from the Take Back the American Dream conference in Washington). There's the absolute outside game, people who are just showing up, may not even be politically aware. They're in fact, in fact, Fox News (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1193221436001/jesse-watters-crashes-wall-street-protest/?playlist_id=87937&intcmp=obinsite) has made a sport of, and now CNN as well, of going down to the, to the, Erin Burnett (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/10/03/erin-seriously-protesters-wall-st.cnn) with her new show, going down to the, to the Occupy Wall Street group and finding people who are politically unsophisticated and asking them simple questions, getting dumb answers, and then portraying the whole movement as stupid. That, in my opinion, that's a media crime.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2011/10/05/thom-hartmann-says-broadcasting-dumb-quotes-wall-street-protesters-med#ixzz1ZzCW5mAg

red states rule
10-06-2011, 04:21 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg100411dAPR20111004054517.jpg

Gunny
10-06-2011, 07:36 AM

What a bunch of weaklings. I don't actually get a laugh out of these people. They disgust me.

ConHog
10-06-2011, 08:03 AM
What a bunch of weaklings. I don't actually get a laugh out of these people. They disgust me.

You have to admit, you would get a chuckle out of watching these meatheads try to make it through bootcamp. I know I would.

Gunny
10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
You have to admit, you would get a chuckle out of watching these meatheads try to make it through bootcamp. I know I would.

Well, there IS that.:laugh:

Gaffer
10-06-2011, 10:05 AM
"Politically unsophisticated" means stupid.

I challenge anyone to find a smart person in the entire group.

DragonStryk72
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM

Sad fact is, there probably are smart people in the movement, and that just makes it worse. It's likely being led by people who are smart, but lack the common sense to see the flaws in their stance, completely certain that their way will work.

logroller
10-06-2011, 10:15 AM

I doubt one could; pretty sure all the smart people bailed out on the protest when police started spraying pepperspray.

ConHog
10-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Well, there IS that.:laugh:

I'm pretty sure that 8 weeks with Drill Instructors Edward, Thomas and Amos would cure them of all that ails them. :laugh2:

red states rule
10-07-2011, 02:10 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb1006cd20111006044935.jpg

red states rule
10-07-2011, 02:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that 8 weeks with Drill Instructors Edward, Thomas and Amos would cure them of all that ails them. :laugh2:

I am sure those men would be good, but this huy would also have fun with these idiots as well

http://youtu.be/aUc62jD-G0o