PDA

View Full Version : Death Row Muslim Inmate Sues Over Meals Served In Prison

red states rule
10-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Why not serve pigs feet and Jimmy Dean products with every meal? Why should anyone care about what this killer wants?

Was he worried about his religion when he committed murder?

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Muslim death row inmate says the Ohio state prison system is denying him meals prepared according to Islamic law while at the same time providing kosher meals to Jewish prisoners, according to a federal lawsuit that alleges a civil rights violation.

The state said Monday that it has already removed pork from its menus in response to the lawsuit brought by condemned inmate Abdul Awkal, who argues the prison system's failure to provide halal meals is a restraint on his religious freedoms.

Awkal, joined by a second inmate not on death row, says the vegetarian and non-pork options offered by the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction aren't good enough. The inmates say food must be prepared in specific fashion, such as ensuring that an animal is butchered by slitting its throat and draining its blood, to conform to Islamic beliefs.

"The issue of eating Halal meals is especially important to me because I face a death sentence," Awkal said in a filing in federal court earlier this year. "It is important to me that I follow the requirements of my faith as I approach death."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/03/national/main20115105.shtml

Noir
10-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Seems pretty clear cut to me, they go out of their way to prepare Jewish food according to their laws, either do the same with Muslims or do neither. Simples.

Thunderknuckles
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Simple solution is to just remove meat products from the menu. It's a lot easier to satisfy everyone's religious beliefs with fruits, veggies and grains as well as save us a good chunk of money in doing so.

Nukeman
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Simple solution is to just remove meat products from the menu. It's a lot easier to satisfy everyone's religious beliefs with fruits, veggies and grains as well as save us a good chunk of money in doing so.yep... that should satisfy you as well Noir!!!! that way no animals are harmed!!!

logroller
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm sure the prisons in muslim countries are equally accomodating:rolleyes:

How bout a Halal prepared bowl of STFU?

http://youtu.be/owNO5s3eln4

Anyhow, this guy says its important because he approaches death..tell you what, we'll order in from your favorite Halal restaurant from now until your last last meal, just relinquish your right to an appeal. :thumb:

ConHog
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
IF the allegations that the prison is meeting Jewish requirements is true. I have a problem with them not doing doing the same for Muslims.

If it were me I'd tell them all "fuck you bitch, separation of church and state, so the state can't help you with your religion"

Stuff that in your corncob pipe and smoke it you liberal freaks.

Gaffer
10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Jewish requirements and muslim requirements are the same in food preparation.

logroller
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
They should just a have separate prisons for each religion; where the Muslim one operates under Sharia law, with Halal-prepared foods, times for prayer observance of holiday etc...oh yeah and beheading!

Noir
10-05-2011, 12:27 PM
yep... that should satisfy you as well Noir!!!! that way no animals are harmed!!!

It would! Especially if it where a vegan diet as apose to a vegetarian one.

All prisoners on vegan diets! If nothing else it will be good for their health (can't say it'll do much in the grand scheme of things for someone on death row but ya know.)

red states rule
10-06-2011, 03:09 AM
It would! Especially if it where a vegan diet as apose to a vegetarian one.

All prisoners on vegan diets! If nothing else it will be good for their health (can't say it'll do much in the grand scheme of things for someone on death row but ya know.)

Noir, what do you think my chances would be if I was held in a Muslim prison that I could get a sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast?

Noir
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Noir, what do you think my chances would be if I was held in a Muslim prison that I could get a sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast?

Pointless post is pointless =/

Gunny
10-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Why not serve pigs feet and Jimmy Dean products with every meal? Why should anyone care about what this killer wants?

Was he worried about his religion when he committed murder?

I'm sure he was just as thoughtful about the rights of his victims. Screw him. He forfeited his right to choose when he turned it over to the judicial system as a consequence of his crime(s).

Noir
10-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm sure he was just as thoughtful about the rights of his victims. Screw him. He forfeited his right to choose when he turned it over to the judicial system as a consequence of his crime(s).

As long as you think the same for the Jew prisionersz, then alls good.

ConHog
10-06-2011, 10:55 AM
How about this. Prisoners can eat however they'd like if THEY pay for it. You can have steak and lobster every night if YOU are footing the bill.

If I'M footing the bill, enjoy your peanut butter and no jelly sandwich.

Noir
10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
How about this. Prisoners can eat however they'd like if THEY pay for it. You can have steak and lobster every night if YOU are footing the bill.

If I'M footing the bill, enjoy your peanut butter and no jelly sandwich.

Naw, prison should be a leveller as such, standardised food and clothing and lights out time etc, regardless of how much money you have.

ConHog
10-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Naw, prison should be a leveller as such, standardised food and clothing and lights out time etc, regardless of how much money you have.

I can see your point, and it is valid.

So peanut butter and no jelly for everyone?

Noir
10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I can see your point, and it is valid.

So peanut butter and no jelly for everyone?

Simple balanced Vegan diet, Wheat, Gluten, and Nut free.

Cheap, healthy, and no religious fools spouting about "rights" ^,^

chloe
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
If I was in prison I could get free housing, free dental, free medical, free college, free food and still complain........:laugh2:

ConHog
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
If I was in prison I could get free housing, free dental, free medical, free college, free food and still complain........:laugh2:

Last night I dreamed that you were in prison and that I was the tough, but sexy, guard who made you dance for your supper. :laugh2:

chloe
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Last night I dreamed that you were in prison and that I was the tough, but sexy, guard who made you dance for your supper. :laugh2:

I hope for everyones concern it was a vegan dinner:rolleyes:

ConHog
10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I hope for everyones concern it was a vegan dinner:rolleyes:

No, it was tube steak.:laugh2:

red states rule
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Every prisoner should enjoy the taste of bacon

Maybe every jail shuld be run like Joe Arpaio runs his

snip

Ironically, the "Toughest Sheriff in America" boasts that he's saved taxpayers much more with his controversial policies. For example, besides making his inmates wear pink underwear (http://www.correctionsone.com/weird-news/articles/3953468-Sheriff-Joe-selling-pink-underwear-with-Spanish-print/), Arpaio is best known for programs like his tent cities (http://www.correctionsone.com/news/1843668-Ariz-sheriff-puts-illegal-alien-inmates-in-tents/), chain gangs (http://www.correctionsone.com/corrections/articles/3950812-Sheriff-Joe-to-run-chain-gang-at-All-Star-Game/), and bologna sandwiches.
He revealed his latest cost-saving measure to CorrectionsOne; and it is guaranteed to be another hot button issue. He wants to charge incoming prisoners to his county jail a dollar a day for food. Arpaio says it costs fifty cents a day to feed them, so he intends to make a profit. The plan? To confiscate any pocket money prisoners have upon booking, and put it toward their meals.

CorrectionsOne: What's on the menu today?

Arpaio: They only get two meals. Brunch and a hot meal for dinner. I make sure they have 2500 calories a day. So at 10 a.m, they'll have a sandwich, baloney or peanut butter, and a piece of fruit. For dinner tonight? I don't know..we probably have some kind of chicken casserole. They (the inmates) call it slop.

CorrectionsOne: I've read you serve moldy fruit. Is that true?

Arpaio: We pick the fruit. We send inmates out to farms to pick it. They may think it's moldy, but it passes the food inspections. As far as the food. They don't like it. So what?

http://www.correctionsone.com/news/4057726-Talking-with-Joe-Arpaio-Americas-toughest-sherrif/

Gunny
10-07-2011, 03:57 AM
As long as you think the same for the Jew prisionersz, then alls good.

What's with you and this Jewish crap? I agree with ConHog. Enjoy your peanut butter and no jelly sandwich if I'm footing the bill, and I could care less what your religion is. Typical Euro-crap. Always have to drag Jews in out of nowhere.

Gunny
10-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Simple balanced Vegan diet, Wheat, Gluten, and Nut free.

Cheap, healthy, and no religious fools spouting about "rights" ^,^

While you want to force YOUR vegan diet on everyone. Protein deficiency anyone?

red states rule
10-07-2011, 03:59 AM
What's with you and this Jewish crap? I agree with ConHog. Enjoy your peanut butter and no jelly sandwich if I'm footing the bill, and I could care less what your religion is. Typical Euro-crap. Always have to drag Jews in out of nowhere.

So true Gunny. I do wish Joe Arpaio ran every jail in America

Gunny
10-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Every prisoner should enjoy the taste of bacon

Maybe every jail shuld be run like Joe Arpaio runs his

Arpaio should be in his own jail. His policies don't bother me, but HE does.

red states rule
10-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Arpaio should be in his own jail. His policies don't bother me, but HE does.

Why does he bother you Gunny? He has a very low return rate of inmates, and he makes jail a place you do not want to go back to

Gunny
10-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Why does he bother you Gunny? He has a very low return rate of inmates, and he makes jail a place you do not want to go back to

I don't argue that point, and have no problem with it. He has however pulled some shady stuff and managed to keep enough space between it and him that none of it sticks to him. Setting up an inmate in a plot to kill him (Arpaio) comes to mind.

red states rule
10-07-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't argue that point, and have no problem with it. He has however pulled some shady stuff and managed to keep enough space between it and him that none of it sticks to him. Setting up an inmate in a plot to kill him (Arpaio) comes to mind.

Like what? I know the libs (I am not calling you a lib BTW) thad some "investagations" and came up empty

The guys does a great job and the folks love the guy

Gunny
10-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Like what? I know the libs (I am not calling you a lib BTW) thad some "investagations" and came up empty

The guys does a great job and the folks love the guy

I don't recall the specifics but the story was on one of these Investigation Discovery type shows. This kid was basically strong-armed into agreeing to try and kill Arpaio by a jailhouse informant/ street mob boss who was basically working for Arpaio's office. The kid got off in the end. No one in Arpaio's office was ever charged with a crime though.

Arpaio loves the media so I can see where he "could be" behind something like that. Not that he was, just that "could be". Either way, he got the publicity out of the deal.

And ... was I in his jail and he tried to force me to work for that measly pittance of chow, I'd tell him to go f*ck himself.

Noir
10-07-2011, 05:10 AM

I wouldn't say I bought it out of nowhere, it is mentioned in the OP that Jewish prisoners are getting their food kosher. Either you treat all religions the same and prepare their meals as they request. Or you treat them all the same and don't. They shouldn't be catering for some religions and. It other.

Also, the phrase 'I could care less' makes no sense (or atleast it doesn't mean what you want it to mean) because its 'I couldn't care less', js.

Noir
10-07-2011, 05:15 AM
While you want to force YOUR vegan diet on everyone. Protein deficiency anyone?

The comment was meant to be light-hearted, I've no desire to force Veganism on people (thus the ^,^ face at the end Y'know...) it was more as a way of coming up with a meal everyone could eat no matter what. Religious? Nut allergy? Vegitarian? Celiac? Lactose intolerant? High colestorol? Etc? All could happily dine on a Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan meal (:

At the very least all they need do is make your 'peanut butter and no jelly' the Vegan way and we're both happy, right? =P

But as an aside, if someone is a Vegan and Protein deficient then they are not eating a balanced diet and need to do more research.

Gunny
10-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't say I bought it out of nowhere, it is mentioned in the OP that Jewish prisoners are getting their food kosher. Either you treat all religions the same and prepare their meals as they request. Or you treat them all the same and don't. They shouldn't be catering for some religions and. It other.

Also, the phrase 'I could care less' makes no sense (or atleast it doesn't mean what you want it to mean) because its 'I couldn't care less', js.

Listen Mr English lesson ... the term is proper either way. Try to not go around correcting people if you don't know what you're doing.

jimnyc
10-07-2011, 07:54 AM
If he's on "death row", and isn't happy with the facilities and amenities, they should speed up the process to make him happy. Bye Bye cockroach! :coffee:

Gunny
10-07-2011, 07:55 AM
The comment was meant to be light-hearted, I've no desire to force Veganism on people (thus the ^,^ face at the end Y'know...) it was more as a way of coming up with a meal everyone could eat no matter what. Religious? Nut allergy? Vegitarian? Celiac? Lactose intolerant? High colestorol? Etc? All could happily dine on a Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan meal (:

At the very least all they need do is make your 'peanut butter and no jelly' the Vegan way and we're both happy, right? =P

But as an aside, if someone is a Vegan and Protein deficient then they are not eating a balanced diet and need to do more research.

Peanut butter and no jelly IS vegan.

Gunny
10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
If he's on "death row", and isn't happy with the facilities and amenities, they should speed up the process to make him happy. Bye Bye cockroach! :coffee:

I find a death row inmate even being allowed to sue the facility as preposterous as catering to some religious diet, regardless the religion. Speeding up the process would definitely solve the issue.:laugh:

ConHog
10-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't recall the specifics but the story was on one of these Investigation Discovery type shows. This kid was basically strong-armed into agreeing to try and kill Arpaio by a jailhouse informant/ street mob boss who was basically working for Arpaio's office. The kid got off in the end. No one in Arpaio's office was ever charged with a crime though.

Arpaio loves the media so I can see where he "could be" behind something like that. Not that he was, just that "could be". Either way, he got the publicity out of the deal.

And ... was I in his jail and he tried to force me to work for that measly pittance of chow, I'd tell him to go f*ck himself.

I think his problem is he's bought into his own hype and built his own little fiefdom down there. There is WAY too many stories of shady goings on for it to be all smoke. A good guy gone bad?

Noir
10-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Listen Mr English lesson ... the term is proper either way. Try to not go around correcting people if you don't know what you're doing.

No. It doesn't make sense. The only thing you are saying when you say 'I could care less' is that you do care. Which is exactly what you're not trying to say.

David Mitchel sums it up well IMO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Noir
10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Peanut butter and no jelly IS vegan.

FairPlay, I don't like the taste of nuts so I've never tried it, but I'd it's vegan then well and good. (Makes the 'you want to force people to be vegan' argument a lil silly when your retort is 'feed them only this vegan food'. Hope the silliness isn't lost on you)

ConHog
10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
No. It doesn't make sense. The only thing you are saying when you say 'I could care less' is that you do care. Which is exactly what you're not trying to say.

David Mitchel sums it up well IMO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's a pretty common error, aggravates me as well. The phrase is " I could NOT care less."

Nevertheless, you knew what Gunny was saying.

chloe
10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. (and that means abiding by whatever the prison rules are including how they serve meals) ;)

so keep your eye on the sparrow when the going gets narrow......:cool:

Gunny
10-09-2011, 05:24 AM

I summed it up pretty well: When all you got is some lame crap trying to correct others' English, you got no game at all where the topic is concerned. I'll talk how I damned well want to and don't need some foreign creep trying to tell me what I'm supposed to say according to his second language English class.

Be sure and add a nice Texas drawl onto my words too. Cuz' I could care f-ing less what your young ass thinks. Are we clear on this yet? Or shall I bust out the big fat kindergarten crayons and a Big Chief tablet and draw you a pitcher?

Gunny
10-09-2011, 05:41 AM
FairPlay, I don't like the taste of nuts so I've never tried it, but I'd it's vegan then well and good. (Makes the 'you want to force people to be vegan' argument a lil silly when your retort is 'feed them only this vegan food'. Hope the silliness isn't lost on you)

The fact you're a 'tard isn't lost on me. Thou protesteth too much about the taste of nuts thing. Hmmm .....

red states rule
10-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. (and that means abiding by whatever the prison rules are including how they serve meals) ;)

so keep your eye on the sparrow when the going gets narrow......:cool:

Your summons from the ACLU is on its way to you Chloe :laugh2:

Gunny
10-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Oh the irony of Chloe picking the tune from Baretta. Didn't he get over on the murder of his wife? :thumb:

red states rule
10-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Oh the irony of Chloe picking the tune from Baretta. Didn't he get over on the murder of his wife? :thumb:

Yea, he walked and got away with murder. It was another OJ trial in CA, except this time, the killer was a white guy

Gunny
10-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Yea, he walked and got away with murder. It was another OJ trial in CA, except this time, the killer was a white guy

But he's only like 4'9". That should qualify him as "minority".

red states rule
10-09-2011, 06:13 AM
But he's only like 4'9". That should qualify him as "minority".

I don;t know but I do know he is a cold blooded killer who should be injected with the Blue Juice and assume room temp

Gunny
10-09-2011, 06:20 AM
h[UOTE=red states rule;498209]I don;t know but I do know he is a cold blooded killer who should be injected with the Blue Juice and assume room temp[/QUOTE]

Not anymore than George Clooney. That f-er needs to die in so many ways he'd probably escape while I was deciding on how to do him in. Any idiot that thinks people dying is cool for their political beliefs needs a haircut. At the neck.

red states rule
10-09-2011, 06:25 AM
h[UOTE=red states rule;498209]I don;t know but I do know he is a cold blooded killer who should be injected with the Blue Juice and assume room temp

Not anymore than George Clooney. That f-er needs to die in so many ways he'd probably escape while I was deciding on how to do him in. Any idiot that thinks people dying is cool for their political beliefs needs a haircut. At the neck.[/QUOTE]

Clooney is a typical limo liberal who lives by a common rule of the left. Don't do as I do - just do as I say

Noir
10-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I summed it up pretty well: When all you got is some lame crap trying to correct others' English, you got no game at all where the topic is concerned. I'll talk how I damned well want to and don't need some foreign creep trying to tell me what I'm supposed to say according to his second language English class.

Be sure and add a nice Texas drawl onto my words too. Cuz' I could care f-ing less what your young ass thinks. Are we clear on this yet? Or shall I bust out the big fat kindergarten crayons and a Big Chief tablet and draw you a pitcher?

"foreign creep"? :laugh:
You sir are an odd one, but FairPlay, I could care less ^,^

The fact you're a 'tard isn't lost on me. Thou protesteth too much about the taste of nuts thing. Hmmm .....

I'ma a 'tard because I have a grasp of what words like 'could' and 'couldn't' convey and/or possess a sense of irony you don't (or at the very least are unwilling to display, for reasons unknown)? No worries, and anyways this topic is about a Muslim on death row and not us so I suggests we leave it at that.

Gunny
10-09-2011, 06:54 AM

I'ma a 'tard because I have a grasp of what words like 'could' and 'couldn't' convey and/or possess a sense of irony you don't (or at the very least are unwilling to display, for reasons unknown)? No worries, and anyways this topic is about a Muslim on death row and not us so I suggests we leave it at that.

You're a tard because you don't speak English; yet, attempt to tell those of us raised on it how to talk. How's that translator working for you? You're a dork. Please refrain from telling me what topic I should address. Perhaps next time you'll think twice before opening your pie hole, huh? You started this crap with your "I wish I could give and English class". Now suck up what you've earned, bubba.

Noir
10-09-2011, 07:14 AM
You're a tard because you don't speak English; yet, attempt to tell those of us raised on it how to talk. How's that translator working for you? You're a dork. Please refrain from telling me what topic I should address. Perhaps next time you'll think twice before opening your pie hole, huh? You started this crap with your "I wish I could give and English class". Now suck up what you've earned, bubba.

This is one of the funniest posts I've read here directed towards me, omg win xD

logroller
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM

I wouldn't say its proper-- its slang-- meant sarcastically. here's an explanation. (http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm)

fj1200
10-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't say its proper-- its slang-- meant sarcastically. here's an explanation. (http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm)

Thanks log, it sums up my view of this thread rather nicely, “it is impossible for me to have less interest or concern in this matter, since I am already utterly indifferent.”

Gunny
10-11-2011, 04:07 AM

Everyone on here is from "somewhere (else)". I'm quite sure if we got hold of each others' accents we could have a good old time as well. I'm a Texan. ALL of y'all talk funny to me. :laugh:

Far more important, IMO, to communicate rather than spend one's time trying to red ink others' grammar. If for no better reason than if that is best game you got rather than addressing the actual topic, you really got no game.

We all make typing errors, We all misspell words at times. Even Mozilla doesn't always get them right. Big deal. BTW ... I say, ain't, cain't, and fixin' to and I cut the lights on and off.

logroller
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks log, it sums up my view of this thread rather nicely, “it is impossible for me to have less interest or concern in this matter, since I am already utterly indifferent.”

Tell me about it!

(no, don't really, I get the point.):coffee:

Gunny
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM

I'll represent her in court. Jess has the communist FOID card. Get her to buy me a "few" more rounds.

Gunny
10-11-2011, 10:52 AM

It's about a douche on death row. Who cares what he believes in?

ConHog
10-11-2011, 11:29 AM

It amazes me how many assholes find Allah after going to prison. Itls like Muslims are actively recruiting criminal scumbags. Hmmmmm

Noir
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Apparently they care about the Jews in the same prison believe, all i've been saying is care about both or neither, simple.

red states rule
10-13-2011, 03:52 AM
McDonalds is always running a special of Sausage and Egg McMuffins's at 2 for $3

Buy them for this Muslim murderer, give the to him, and he will eat them or go hungry

Gunny
10-13-2011, 05:51 AM
Apparently they care about the Jews in the same prison believe, all i've been saying is care about both or neither, simple.

I read what you posted and who cares period? Grade schools served fish every Friday in deference to Catholics. Big deal. If Jews at some time in the past got over, again, big deal. I think this Nation has a lot more things to worry about and lot better things to spend its money on than catering to the religion of someone who absolutely showed NO regard for the Rights and/or religion of his victim(s).

He forfeited his rights, IMO, period. I don't care what Jews may or may not being doing nor have done. It's a non-issue here and just an attempt to stir up some shit. I find it ludicrous that prisoners in this country, even n death row, have more rights and are taken better care of than a lot of law-abiding citizens. In some cases prisoners have had expensive, life-saving surgeries only to be executed later. Pure BS.

ConHog
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
I read what you posted and who cares period? Grade schools served fish every Friday in deference to Catholics. Big deal. If Jews at some time in the past got over, again, big deal. I think this Nation has a lot more things to worry about and lot better things to spend its money on than catering to the religion of someone who absolutely showed NO regard for the Rights and/or religion of his victim(s).

He forfeited his rights, IMO, period. I don't care what Jews may or may not being doing nor have done. It's a non-issue here and just an attempt to stir up some shit. I find it ludicrous that prisoners in this country, even n death row, have more rights and are taken better care of than a lot of law-abiding citizens. In some cases prisoners have had expensive, life-saving surgeries only to be executed later. Pure BS.

Fire up the Coliseum. For those about to die, we salute you. :laugh2:

Gunny
10-13-2011, 04:14 PM

They can eat government cheese on stale white bread with USDA grade D meat as far as I'm concerned. It's good enough for our military.

ConHog
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
They can eat government cheese on stale white bread with USDA grade D meat as far as I'm concerned. It's good enough for our military.

You know, there is an idea. Feed them MRE's mmm tasty, especially the alleged spaghetti.

Gunny
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
That's a pretty common error, aggravates me as well. The phrase is " I could NOT care less."

Nevertheless, you knew what Gunny was saying.

Well, I get aggravated when Noir posts ..... just sayin' .....

ConHog
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM

My point was that it is a pretty common error, so common that most don't comment on it, even the grammar nazis.

Some of course just live to pick at any point no matter how minor. There isn't a soul who posts here who didn't recognize what you were saying.

Gunny
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
My point was that it is a pretty common error, so common that most don't comment on it, even the grammar nazis.

Some of course just live to pick at any point no matter how minor. There isn't a soul who posts here who didn't recognize what you were saying.

A valid point. And too bad for him. I only grammar Nazi grammar Nazi's.

ConHog
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
A valid point. And too bad for him. I only grammar Nazi grammar Nazi's.

I admit I occasionally grammar Nazi, but not very often. The only one I'll call out EVERY time is when someone wishes to insult the intelligence of another and writes

"your a moron"

The irony of the grammar error when insulting the intelligence of another is just too much for me to pass without comment.:laugh2:

Noir
10-14-2011, 07:35 AM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-1490.png

jimnyc
10-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow, this thread still going? LOL

Give him a PB&J sandwich and then saw his head off with a long knife with quran writings on the side whil screaming "allah akbar" (shit be upon him too). He'll feel at home with this kind of treatment.

Noir
10-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Wow, this thread still going? LOLGive him a PB&J sandwich and then saw his head off with a long knife with quran writings on the side whil screaming "allah akbar" (shit be upon him too). He'll feel at home with this kind of treatment. The thread would of been dead long ago if you yanks could speak properly =PBut it seems the general concencus is Peanut butter sandwiches (Obv there's an American peanut butter company that's doing an excelent job of advertising!) but I'd say if they're going to die they may aswell be feed with a modicum of dignity; Scones & Jam for all!

ConHog
10-14-2011, 08:10 AM
The thread would of been dead long ago if you yanks could speak properly =PBut it seems the general concencus is Peanut butter sandwiches (Obv there's an American peanut butter company that's doing an excelent job of advertising!) but I'd say if they're going to die they may aswell be feed with a modicum of dignity; Scones & Jam for all!

Oh, you want to go British? very well. Hard tack and no jam for all.

red states rule
10-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Oh, you want to go British? very well. Hard tack and no jam for all.

Who the hell wants to be like the Brits? Lousy plumbling at it best, they still have the Royal famility living off the taxpayers, and a standard of living three levels below cave dwellers

Noir
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Who the hell wants to be like the Brits? Lousy plumbling at it best, they still have the Royal famility living off the taxpayers, and a standard of living thress levels below cave dwellers

Yeah but you just can't put a price on culture =P

red states rule
10-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Who the hell wants to be like the Brits? Lousy plumbling at it best, they still have the Royal famility living off the taxpayers, and a standard of living three levels below cave dwellers

You keep your "culture" and Royal Family - I will keep America

The next time your tiny island nation is threatened and your government calls area code 202 for help, don't be surprised if noone answers the phone

Gunny
10-16-2011, 06:56 AM
The thread would of been dead long ago if you yanks could speak properly =PBut it seems the general concencus is Peanut butter sandwiches (Obv there's an American peanut butter company that's doing an excelent job of advertising!) but I'd say if they're going to die they may aswell be feed with a modicum of dignity; Scones & Jam for all!

I hate to tell you this Mr I Wish I Was in Charge of English ... but ANY day you want to go at it with me on proper English, I'll school your young ass and send you home disappointed. When you try to correct others. make sure you put that extra "L" in "excellent" , huh? Oh, and there's a space between "as" and "well".

Go get back in your hole and come back when you've got some ammo, turd.

Gunny
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM

They do actually still have cool Marines though. Other than that, carry on.

Noir
10-16-2011, 07:58 AM
You keep your "culture" and Royal Family - I will keep America

The next time your tiny island nation is threatened and your government calls area code 202 for help, don't be surprised if noone answers the phone

Well for a tiny island nation with very limited resources we ain't done too bad ^,^

As for the royal family, I don't much likt them as people or a concept, however, for every £1 spent on them in taxes, they generate £7 from tourism, not a bad trade off imo

Noir
10-16-2011, 08:04 AM
I hate to tell you this Mr I Wish I Was in Charge of English ... but ANY day you want to go at it with me on proper English, I'll school your young ass and send you home disappointed. When you try to correct others. make sure you put that extra "L" in "excellent" , huh? Oh, and there's a space between "as" and "well".

Go get back in your hole and come back when you've got some ammo, turd.

Indeedy, but I fear I'm dyslexic, so those mistakes happen plenty, buuuut even with my mind as retarded as it is I'm still able to comprehend the importance of the word 'not' in a sentence (:

Gunny
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Indeedy, but I fear I'm dyslexic, so those mistakes happen plenty, buuuut even with my mind as retarded as it is I'm still able to comprehend the importance of the word 'not' in a sentence (:

Lame attempt to divert. What's "dyslexic"? Oh, I know ... "My attention span doesn't cross the 2 second barrier". STFU and correct what you see in the mirror prior to presuming to correct anything outside of it.

Noir
10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Lame attempt to divert. What's "dyslexic"? Oh, I know ... "My attention span doesn't cross the 2 second barrier". STFU and correct what you see in the mirror prior to presuming to correct anything outside of it.

Hardly a diversion, more so a reason for misspellings that you will find in almost all of my post. Assuming you don't have dyslexia you have no such reason. Also just to say, insult me all you like, but when you widen you're insults to say cover a whole topic like dyslexia, you may unintentionally be insulting others on the board as well, which isn't so good.

Gunny
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Hardly a diversion, more so a reason for misspellings that you will find in almost all of my post. Assuming you don't have dyslexia you have no such reason. Also just to say, insult me all you like, but when you widen you're insults to say cover a whole topic like dyslexia, you may unintentionally be insulting others on the board as well, which isn't so good.

Are you going to keep whining all over this thread? You already ruined it with your dumb shit. You don't know WHAT I am because if you did, you'd tuck your little chihuahua tail and run.

Noir
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Are you going to keep whining all over this thread? You already ruined it with your dumb shit. You don't know WHAT I am because if you did, you'd tuck your little chihuahua tail and run.

'know what you are?' please stop, I'm dying here :laugh::laugh::laugh:

As for the whining/derailing, I concur, and would be happy if you or another mod removed any/all of my posts not related to the topic (:

ConHog
10-16-2011, 12:54 PM

Shut up

Was that proper enough English for you?

Seriously, all this because Gunny got a turn of phrase wrong ( wrong in a way that millions do by the way)

Gunny, I'm going to come to Texas and give you forty lashes with a wet noodle the next time you write "I could care less"

There you feel better now noir?

Gunny
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM

As for the whining/derailing, I concur, and would be happy if you or another mod removed any/all of my posts not related to the topic (:

Unlike your presumption, I don't moderate threads I'm participating in. Otherwise, you're a pussy with a big mouth and no brains to back it up.

ConHog
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Why is your smiley face upside down? Are you that kid from Family Guy who's face is upside down?

Noir
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Unlike your presumption, I don't moderate threads I'm participating in. Otherwise, you're a pussy with a big mouth and no brains to back it up.

Ah i see, no worries

Why is your smiley face upside down? Are you that kid from Family Guy who's face is upside down?

and idk, i just prefer how (: looks rather than :)