PDA

View Full Version : Romney believes voters will accept a Mormon

05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070514/ap_on_el_pr/romney2008

This has got to be the dumbest article ive ever read. Of course he believes it. He wouldnt be running if he didnt! the media can be so stupid sometimes.

Hagbard Celine
05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah right.

gabosaurus
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I doubt Mitt has a chance. Dems don't like him because he is too conservative. A lot of fundies still believe LDS is a cult. Very few Americans understand what Mormons are about.

darin
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Mormons are no worse/better sinners than any OTHER president we've had. Frankly, I like Mit, cult or no-cult. :)

5stringJeff
05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Mormons are no worse/better sinners than any OTHER president we've had. Frankly, I like Mit, cult or no-cult. :)

I certainly don't agree with Mitt Romney on theological issues, but I'm not voting for him to be my pastor; I'm voting for a President, and he is one of the better candidates out there.

-Cp
05-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah.. what dmp and 5string said and stuff...

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 01:26 PM

I like Mitt Romney a lot. He seem's like a young Ronald Reagan. As long as he doesn't talk about his religious belief's all the time then it's fine. The only statemant he made that really bothered me was basically shaming people for having children out of wedlock, thats not right. Things happen, accidents happen. It doesn't make them less of a person or a horrible parent because they are a single parent.

nevadamedic
05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
The only other thing so far that would bother me is the rumors of his close friendship with John Kerry. Im not making my decision yet as they are just rumors. If I find out it's true, then I wont support him ever.

Abbey Marie
05-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Ditto....

glockmail
05-18-2007, 01:48 PM
As long as he's not a muzzy or an atheist I'd vote for the most conservative person of the bunch.

Too bad only certain states get to vote in the primary....

Baron Von Esslingen
05-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Romney is a flip-flopper. He said one thing to get elected Governor of Massachusetts and another thing running for the nomination. His Mormon status will be an even bigger albatross once folks understand exactly what Mormons believe. I hope the GOP does nominate him. It will make Edwards' job that much easier.

Gunny
05-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I doubt Mitt has a chance. Dems don't like him because he is too conservative. A lot of fundies still believe LDS is a cult. Very few Americans understand what Mormons are about.

It has nothing to do with him being a LDS as far as I'm concerned. I don't like him as a politician. I was around mormons enough in the past that while they may be a little quirky about some things, they're no more or less normal than anyone else.