PDA

View Full Version : Obama Cites Employed Boston Teacher In Jobs Bill News Conference

red states rule
10-07-2011, 04:28 AM
The lies are getting easier to expose as Obama shifts more into panic mode over his future job prospects

President Obama used the story of a Boston teacher to push his jobs bill Thursday, even though the teacher has a job.
At the beginning of his White House news conference, President Obama told a story of how he recently met Robert Baroz of Wellesley (http://www.theswellesleyreport.com/2011/09/robert-baroz-wellesleys-u-s-department-of-education-teaching-ambassador/), an English teacher in the city.

“I had a chance to meet a young man named Robert Baroz. He’s an English teacher in Boston who came to the White House a few weeks ago. He’s got two decades of teaching experience. He’s got a Master’s Degree. He’s got an outstanding track record of helping his students make huge gains in reading and writing,” the president said.

“In the last few years, he’s received three pink slips because of budget cuts. Why wouldn’t we want to pass a bill that puts somebody like Robert back in the classroom teaching our kids?”

But, Baroz is working in the Boston Public Schools this year as a middle school English teacher.

“I’ve managed to land on my feet, but it’s sometimes at the last minute,” said Baroz, who is endorsing the President’s jobs bill.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/06/obama-cites-employed-boston-teacher-in-jobs-bill-news-conference/

ConHog
10-07-2011, 11:24 AM
The lies are getting easier to expose as Obama shifts more into panic mode over his future job prospects

Why doesn't he mention the teacher at my school ( I won't name names) whom I would like to fire, thereby opening up a slot and freeing funds to hire a qualified teacher, but CAN NOT because of the unions that he loves so much.

DragonStryk72
10-09-2011, 02:15 AM

I don't think he's lying in this case. I think he went up without the information needed to not make an ass of himself, which is really no better.

Psychoblues
10-09-2011, 02:22 AM
I don't think he's lying in this case. I think he went up without the information needed to not make an ass of himself, which is really no better.

Yeah. I remember when a former president addressed a joint congress and claimed some bullshit about Iraqi's seeking uranium in Africa. It turned out to be a bunch of shit but we are still getting young Americans killed due to that and other lies from that bastard and his administration. No better, indeed.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-09-2011, 04:03 AM

Ok, I will be nice and say Obama "embellished" the story

red states rule
10-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Yeah. I remember when a former president addressed a joint congress and claimed some bullshit about Iraqi's seeking uranium in Africa. It turned out to be a bunch of shit but we are still getting young Americans killed due to that and other lies from that bastard and his administration. No better, indeed.

Psychoblues

After a few days you post on the tread and all you can offer as a defense is bring up Bush? When will you Obama drones learn Bush is no longer President and Obama is?

Obama got busted lying - eh embellishing - a story to fit his lame tax and spend agenda. Just accept it PB

DragonStryk72
10-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Psychoblues

Wow, there's some fucking spin! I mean, jesus, No one was even mentioning anything remotely related to Bush. I even on here stating that Bush was neither really a republican, nor really a conservative because of his policies. He was a shitty president, but has no place in this discussion. If you want to discussion the shittiness of the bush presidency, don't hijack another thread, just make a new one for that express purpose. I was talking about a singular mistake of Obama's that had nothing to do with Bush. Read, understand, then post.

ConHog
10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow, there's some fucking spin! I mean, jesus, No one was even mentioning anything remotely related to Bush. I even on here stating that Bush was neither really a republican, nor really a conservative because of his policies. He was a shitty president, but has no place in this discussion. If you want to discussion the shittiness of the bush presidency, don't hijack another thread, just make a new one for that express purpose. I was talking about a singular mistake of Obama's that had nothing to do with Bush. Read, understand, then post.

It is YOU who needs to understand that PB knows EXACTLY what he's doing. It's called deflection, and PB tries to be very good at it.

Psychoblues
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Sorry I offended you, DS72, but it's that kind of spin that's found in about 80% of the posts here. Go to the front page and note the #1 poster. I don't think I've ever seen any of his posts where he was condemning dems and got some truth to contradict his claims that he didn't come back with some, well did you know what so and so did in bumfuck Egypt at some unknown time, or some shit like that? I agree that it is juvenile if not plain sickening but it is completely accepted on this board as intelligent discourse except maybe if it's coming from some lib like me. Now, ain't that a fucking hoot? I did read, understand and then post and I did so in the grandest of traditions of the Debate Policy Message Board.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Sorry I offended you, DS72, but it's that kind of spin that's found in about 80% of the posts here. Go to the front page and note the #1 poster. I don't think I've ever seen any of his posts where he was condemning dems and got some truth to contradict his claims that he didn't come back with some, well did you know what so and so did in bumfuck Egypt at some unknown time, or some shit like that? I agree that it is juvenile if not plain sickening but it is completely accepted on this board as intelligent discourse except maybe if it's coming from some lib like me. Now, ain't that a fucking hoot? I did read, understand and then post and I did so in the grandest of traditions of the Debate Policy Message Board.

Psychoblues

Tranlation - As a liberal I will never admit Obama got caught lying so I must throw another temper tantrum and attack the messenger

darin
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Psychoblues

Logical Fallacy - Red Herring.

Topic is Obama's actions.

You introduce something (which is a distortion of facts, by the way) that is NOT the topic of Obama in an attempt to change the topic.

How sad for you. Poor guy....

red states rule
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM

You introduce something (which is a distortion of facts, by the way) that is NOT the topic of Obama in an attempt to change the topic.

It's not him talking

It's the ___________ :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Par for the course and the most often used tactic on this board, dimpals. I simply point out the hypocrisy of the reichwingnuts according to the political inclination of the person or action in question. How sad for you. Poor dimpals.

Psychoblues

ConHog
10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I see that PB has once again been outed as a lying fool and his reaction is too lash out with "he started it"

:laugh2: what a buffoon.

darin
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Par for the course and the most often used tactic on this board, dimpals. I simply point out the hypocrisy of the reichwingnuts according to the political inclination of the person or action in question. How sad for you. Poor dimpals.

Psychoblues

Logical fallacy - Ad hominem AND Red Herring - you attempt to change the subject AGAIN (subject: your first fallacy), and then tack on insults in an effort to discredit.

Pityful

DragonStryk72
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM

Psychoblues

And note my own response in direct address of that opinion, stating that it is not necessarily a lie, but another case of not doing his fact checking before giving a speech. If you feel you are so above these things, that they are juvenile, then stop doing them yourself. Yeah, RSR has a lot of asshole in him, and even the people who are friends with him are willing to admit that one.

But then again, RSR never really claims any different himself, and never will. Not one quip you make at him will really make an impact on his day, or even the conversation at large, so why bother? The only people you wind up hitting are those like me who are perfectly willing to have a discussion, and call our own side on their bs. So basically, you exercise alienating the very people on the board you should be trying to actively engage in discussion, but instead, you get dragged down into the mud, just like RSR wants. He wants you to pull this crap, because you clearly get worked up when he pokes you, regardless of what you may want to believe on that front. So just ignore his jibes, edit them out when responding, and stick to an actual discussion, or if you can't, don't respond to him, just to the people who actually want a real talk.

You know why I don't have this chat with RSR? Because it wouldn't matter. He is what he is, and nothing I, nor anyone else on this board says is going to change that one little bit. Love him or hate him, he's just not going to budge.

red states rule
10-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Logical fallacy - Ad hominem AND Red Herring - you attempt to change the subject AGAIN (subject: your first fallacy), and then tack on insults in an effort to discredit.

Pityful

PB must be on the Tonic again

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/111004%20slicesdices%20RGB20111004074936.jpg

red states rule
10-10-2011, 03:25 AM
And note my own response in direct address of that opinion, stating that it is not necessarily a lie, but another case of not doing his fact checking before giving a speech. If you feel you are so above these things, that they are juvenile, then stop doing them yourself. Yeah, RSR has a lot of asshole in him, and even the people who are friends with him are willing to admit that one.

But then again, RSR never really claims any different himself, and never will. Not one quip you make at him will really make an impact on his day, or even the conversation at large, so why bother? The only people you wind up hitting are those like me who are perfectly willing to have a discussion, and call our own side on their bs. So basically, you exercise alienating the very people on the board you should be trying to actively engage in discussion, but instead, you get dragged down into the mud, just like RSR wants. He wants you to pull this crap, because you clearly get worked up when he pokes you, regardless of what you may want to believe on that front. So just ignore his jibes, edit them out when responding, and stick to an actual discussion, or if you can't, don't respond to him, just to the people who actually want a real talk.

You know why I don't have this chat with RSR? Because it wouldn't matter. He is what he is, and nothing I, nor anyone else on this board says is going to change that one little bit. Love him or hate him, he's just not going to budge.

DS I am happy to have a discussion with you (or anyone else) on any topic. I have always said I am a Ronald Regan conservitive and I have never changed that position. What you call being an asshole I call standing firm on my principals and core beliefs

After 8 years of watching liberals like PB pounce on Pres Bush butchering the English language, I do admit I enjoy pointing out the gaffes of Obama (who the left claims is the most intelligent man ever elected President)

After 8 years of watching libs like PB call for criminal charges being filed against Pre Bush I see libs like PB ytawn over federal employees being murdered due to a gun running operation being run out of the DOJ

So yes, I do enjoy watching their reaction to the facts and showing their double standards

Is that a bad thing DS?

DragonStryk72
10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
DS I am happy to have a discussion with you (or anyone else) on any topic. I have always said I am a Ronald Regan conservitive and I have never changed that position. What you call being an asshole I call standing firm on my principals and core beliefs

After 8 years of watching liberals like PB pounce on Pres Bush butchering the English language, I do admit I enjoy pointing out the gaffes of Obama (who the left claims is the most intelligent man ever elected President)

After 8 years of watching libs like PB call for criminal charges being filed against Pre Bush I see libs like PB ytawn over federal employees being murdered due to a gun running operation being run out of the DOJ

So yes, I do enjoy watching their reaction to the facts and showing their double standards

Is that a bad thing DS?

That's pure spin, RSR. You've managed to have an excuse for acting like an asshole at times, but that doesn't change the point that you are acting like an asshole.

You go at PB about his drinking. How is that about his wanting charges against Bush, or pointing out his gaffs? (Which, btw, I'm not against. Dude fucked up across the board, purposely lied to Americans, pushed bullshit like the Patriot Act that was clearly unconstitutional, and created "Freedom of Speech" zones so that he didn't have to hear any dissenting opinion he didn't want to, created black site outside the Checks and Balance that are what keep our system centered.). An idiot is an idiot, regardless of what the letter next to his name is.

Now, to be clear, being an asshole doesn't mean you aren't likeable. I love Dennis Leary... but he's kind of an asshole. My dad, kind of an asshole, but I still love the man. One of my best buddies back in Navy, Chuck, was an asshole.

Even you have a double standard here, RSR. You defend Bush even on grounds that most conservatives disagree with him on, but had Obama been the one to propose or implement those same things, you would have been on here tearing him a new one for it. Your double standard exists just as much as PB, you two are like Michael Moore and Ann Coulter. As long as it's your team doing it, it's okay, but if the exact same thing is done by the other team, it's a great horror, and an omen of doom. Again, PB's no better, hence the above message to him.

But fact is, you're not going to change a bit after reading this anyway. It's just the way you are. On the one hand, it is good that you don't abandon your line of thinking immediately, but on the other, you do take it to a place of out and out stubborness at times.

ConHog
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
That's pure spin, RSR. You've managed to have an excuse for acting like an asshole at times, but that doesn't change the point that you are acting like an asshole.

You go at PB about his drinking. How is that about his wanting charges against Bush, or pointing out his gaffs? (Which, btw, I'm not against. Dude fucked up across the board, purposely lied to Americans, pushed bullshit like the Patriot Act that was clearly unconstitutional, and created "Freedom of Speech" zones so that he didn't have to hear any dissenting opinion he didn't want to, created black site outside the Checks and Balance that are what keep our system centered.). An idiot is an idiot, regardless of what the letter next to his name is.

Now, to be clear, being an asshole doesn't mean you aren't likeable. I love Dennis Leary... but he's kind of an asshole. My dad, kind of an asshole, but I still love the man. One of my best buddies back in Navy, Chuck, was an asshole.

Even you have a double standard here, RSR. You defend Bush even on grounds that most conservatives disagree with him on, but had Obama been the one to propose or implement those same things, you would have been on here tearing him a new one for it. Your double standard exists just as much as PB, you two are like Michael Moore and Ann Coulter. As long as it's your team doing it, it's okay, but if the exact same thing is done by the other team, it's a great horror, and an omen of doom. Again, PB's no better, hence the above message to him.

But fact is, you're not going to change a bit after reading this anyway. It's just the way you are. On the one hand, it is good that you don't abandon your line of thinking immediately, but on the other, you do take it to a place of out and out stubborness at times.

I'd cosign the above.

Psychoblues
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM

DS72, you have earned a tremendous amount of respect from me. You are correct on so many levels that it's difficult to delineate them. I want badly to carry on intelligent and respectful conversations with rsr, damnpals and others here. When they start their ad hominems and otherwise bullshit, I'm game. It's a freaking comedy at that point and you seem to take it too seriously. rsr is an asshole and that really is plain for everyone to see. That's why so many hundreds of his threads go bottoms up with no responses whatsoever.

It took some time, thinking and courage to say what you have here and I thank you forever for it. Everyone that posts here, including you, come here for entertainment in one form or another. Me, too. Can you dig it? Enjoy the comedy.

Psychoblues

ConHog
10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
DS72, you have earned a tremendous amount of respect from me. You are correct on so many levels that it's difficult to delineate them. I want badly to carry on intelligent and respectful conversations with rsr, damnpals and others here. When they start their ad hominems and otherwise bullshit, I'm game. It's a freaking comedy at that point and you seem to take it too seriously. rsr is an asshole and that really is plain for everyone to see. That's why so many hundreds of his threads go bottoms up with no responses whatsoever.

It took some time, thinking and courage to say what you have here and I thank you forever for it. Everyone that posts here, including you, come here for entertainment in one form or another. Me, too. Can you dig it? Enjoy the comedy.

Psychoblues

You're a fucking dick. Then man defends you and you respond by calling people names and then claim you're here for intelligent and respectful conversation? You're a dick and a liar.