PDA

View Full Version : Hillary runs for the White House as ‘new Thatcher’

stephanie
01-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Can we please get back the projectile puking smilie?? It's definitely need here....:eek:

Sarah Baxter, Washington
HILLARY CLINTON is to be presented as America’s Margaret Thatcher as she tries to become the first woman to win the White House. As she entered the 2008 presidential race yesterday, a senior adviser said that her campaign would emphasise security, defence and personal strengths reminiscent of the Iron Lady.

“Their policies are totally different but they are both perceived as very tough,” said Terry McAuliffe, Clinton’s campaign chairman. “She is strong on foreign policy. People have got to know you are going to keep them safe.”

Clinton, 59, used her website to announce that she was taking the first step of her campaign by forming a presidential exploratory committee. “I’m in. And I’m in to win,” she said.

It made the New York senator the instant frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. “She has the name recognition, the money, the glitz, she’s got it all,” McAuliffe said.

If she wins, she will return to the White House where she spent eight years as first lady during Bill Clinton’s presidency from 1993-2001.

McAuliffe predicted a rough campaign. “She is going to fight for herself and she is going to have people around her who will fight,” he said.

“They are going to play mean, nasty and dirty on the other side. You don’t walk into a knife fight without adequate gloves.” :dunno:
The Clinton campaign intends to paint the Republican nominee as President George W Bush’s political heir, particularly over the war in Iraq. “George Bush is going to be on the ticket whether they like it or not,” McAuliffe added.

Clinton said she would talk to voters about “how to bring the right end to the war in Iraq and restore respect for America around the world”. She also hopes to appeal to women voters in their twenties and thirties.

Clinton faces strong competition from Barack Obama, the charismatic but inexperienced 45-year-old Illinois senator. The race is already being billed “the magic v the machine”.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2558085,00.html

Gaffer
01-21-2007, 12:56 AM
she couldn't hold a candle to Thatcher. She would scuttle the military and sell out the country.

Mr. P
01-21-2007, 12:56 AM
My opinion of HILLARY CLINTON is the same as my opinion of JANE FONDA.

If Obama gives it a half ass effort he'll rub her face in the mud, right where it should be. Hey, I'll help! :2up:

stephanie
01-21-2007, 01:31 AM
If Obama doesn't back down soon..

He's going to find out about the Clinton smear machine...

It's already started...Even though I could care less if all the Democrats want to destroy each other....I will sit back and laugh my ass off...

Good grief the last election for President there were what....10 Dems. in the Primary? Heck I think this yr. there could be 20....

I have to stock up on popcorn.....

:beer: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/popcorn2.gif

Nate
01-21-2007, 02:52 AM
Hitlery and Barack Hussein Odumbo are both senators; that is, each has a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president.

The next CIC will be a gun-friendly southern governor, much to the chagrin of our libtarded buddies. You heard it here first.

stephanie
01-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Hitlery and Barack Hussein Odumbo are both senators; that is, each has a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president.

The next CIC will be a gun-friendly southern governor, much to the chagrin of our libtarded buddies. You heard it here first.

Aaaaaaaaand??

Will you let us in on this....

WHO IT WILL BE????:beer:

Nate
01-21-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm fully expecting to be laughed at, but I believe that if Mike Huckabee decides to run he'll be a very formidable candidate because (1) he has gubernatorial experience (voters like that), (2) he was a damn good governor and (3) he's a very likable man.

stephanie
01-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm fully expecting to be laughed at, but I believe that if Mike Huckabee decides to run he'll be a very formidable candidate because (1) he has gubernatorial experience (voters like that), (2) he was a damn good governor and (3) he's a very likable man.

Thank you Nate...
I'll have to take this in and analyze this one....

:beer:

Of course I have my own candidates I'm looking at and debating....
The Dems. is like a goshdarn free for all.....
They have no one that they can agree on.......???

They are so disorganized.........it's hilarious:D

Nate
01-21-2007, 04:03 AM
No problem Stephanie :beer:

There is one Republican I can say with absolute certainty that I will NOT be voting for in 2008 should he win the nomination - Giuliani.

I have nothing but contempt for that lisping, gun-snatching sissy.

Conversely, there is one Democrat I will consider voting for - Bill Richardson.

If Richardson somehow manages to win the Dem nomination (longshot) and runs against a RINO/libtard in sheep's clothing, Mr. Richardson will get my vote.

If the race turns out to be something like Hitlery/Obama against Giuliani/McCain, I'm not even going to fucking vote (pardon my french). Not even third party.

That's pretty much all that I know right now.

stephanie
01-21-2007, 04:42 AM

There is one Republican I can say with absolute certainty that I will NOT be voting for in 2008 should he win the nomination - Giuliani.

If Richardson somehow manages to win the Dem nomination (longshot) and runs against a RINO/libraries in sheep's clothing, Mr. Richardson will get my vote.

If the race turns out to be something like Hitlery/Obama against Giuliani/McCain, I'm not even going to fucking vote (pardon my french). Not even third party.

I'm not liking Bill Richardson.....:dunno:

dirt mcgirt
01-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Will the Democrat NOT running for President in 2008 please stand up?

Here is the 2008 Democratic presidential field so far:
• New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton
• Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd
• Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards
• Former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel
• Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich
• Illinois Sen. Barack Obama
• Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack
• Delaware Sen. Joe Biden (has said he is running, but has not yet filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission)
• New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson officially just announced his bid.
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aIdRstqjHIZM

Potential Democratic candidates who have not declared:
• Retired Gen. Wesley Clark
• Former Vice President Al Gore
• Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry

dirt mcgirt
01-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Despite being deceased, former Democratic Texas Governor Ann Richards just announced through a medium that she'll be running as well. She's going to form a political party of only dead people and have Senator Robert Byrd as her running mate. :D

MtnBiker
01-21-2007, 12:22 PM
What about Al Sharpton?

dirt mcgirt
01-21-2007, 12:32 PM

If Richardson somehow manages to win the Dem nomination (longshot) and runs against a RINO/libtard in sheep's clothing, Mr. Richardson will get my vote.

I thought you'd at least write in Jack Bauer's name in 08. :D

I think Hillary is unbeatable against any repub. The only person who has a chance to beat her is Obama. However, if Obama does beat Hillary, his inexperience makes him vulnerable against McCain or Giuliani. Giuliani's social stances don't bother me since he's more for returning the power to the States. One thing's for sure about Giuliani, he won't be holding hands with the Sauds. IMO, Richardson will end up being Hillary's running mate. I like Wesley Clark for the Dems but he'll probably be the Dem cadidate's choice for Secretary of Defense or State.

dirt mcgirt
01-21-2007, 12:34 PM
What about Al Sharpton?
I didn't want to derail the thread with too much humor. :p

Nate
01-21-2007, 02:48 PM
I thought you'd at least write in Jack Bauer's name in 08. :D

I think Hillary is unbeatable against any repub. The only person who has a chance to beat her is Obama. However, if Obama does beat Hillary, his inexperience makes him vulnerable against McCain or Giuliani. Giuliani's social stances don't bother me since he's more for returning the power to the States. One thing's for sure about Giuliani, he won't be holding hands with the Sauds. IMO, Richardson will end up being Hillary's running mate. I like Wesley Clark for the Dems but he'll probably be the Dem cadidate's choice for Secretary of Defense or State.

Hitlery doesn't have a chance. Neither does Obama.

And Jack Bauer wouldn't be a good fit for the White House. He'd be better as NSA Director (at extremely large).

dirt mcgirt
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Hitlery doesn't have a chance. Neither does Obama.

And Jack Bauer wouldn't be a good fit for the White House. He'd be better as NSA Director (at extremely large).
If Hillary matches up with McCain, it's the same outcome as 2004 except she wins Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, and Colorado. With Giuliani she possibly picks up more Southern States but splits New England and maybe Pennsylvania. I don't see her losing against any Repub. For the Repubs to win the Presidency, Hillary will have to lose in the Dem primaries. That's my prediction.

Nate
01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm not liking Bill Richardson.....:dunno:

He and I are diametric opposites politically, but I think that Mr. Richardson is a good man.

As of right now, he's pretty much the only Democrat I'd consider voting for.

I gained a great deal of respect for him a few years ago when he blocked a sex offender (who had sued the state of New Mexico for reimbursement for wages lost while in prison) from receiving any money.

One area where I disagree with Richardson is abortion. That's all I have to say about that.

He is also known as being relatively gun-friendly as far as mainstream Democrats go. Here is an article from The Nation that you might enjoy.. Or not. LOL:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050418/abramsky

KarlMarx
01-22-2007, 07:46 AM
she couldn't hold a candle to Thatcher. She would scuttle the military and sell out the country.
Margaret Thatcher, Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan... it isn't often that we get to be blessed with three great persons with the same mind. If it weren't for them, the Iron Curtain would certainly have fallen at least a generation later than it did.