PDA

View Full Version : New Immigration law in Texas, any opinions?

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
:salute: Does anyone here have any opinions on the new law the Texas Leglislature passed making it illegal for landlords to rent to illegal aliens? I think it is a step in the right direction. If our Federal Government wont do anything reguarding this major problem then the State Government should.:salute:

Gaffer
05-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm all for it. The feds can go fuck themselves.

Mr. P
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
:salute: Does anyone here have any opinions on the new law the Texas Leglislature passed making it illegal for landlords to rent to illegal aliens? I think it is a step in the right direction. If our Federal Government wont do anything reguarding this major problem then the State Government should.:salute:

I've heard of several towns/cities doing the same, I think it's GREAT for a state to do it, a first step in USa taking back the country from the incompetent in DC.:2up:

Dilloduck
05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I've heard of several towns/cities doing the same, I think it's GREAT for a state to do it, a first step in USa taking back the country from the incompetent in DC.:2up:

They better hold the vote pretty damn quickly if the State of Texas wants to try it. It may be too late already.

Hugh Lincoln
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Oklahoma also apparently has a strong new set of laws against illegal immigration. Bush and his buddies will do nothing, so states have to do something.

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Oklahoma also apparently has a strong new set of laws against illegal immigration. Bush and his buddies will do nothing, so states have to do something.

It's not that Bush wont do anything it's that the Democratic House supports illegals coming into our country, collecting our welfare and getting our scholarships which means citizens can't get them.

Mr. P
05-14-2007, 07:41 PM
It's not that Bush wont do anything it's that the Democratic House supports illegals coming into our country, collecting our welfare and getting our scholarships which means citizens can't get them.

Bush won't do anything, NM. He's the Pres for crying out loud! he could act.
Can't blame Congress or Democrats for this one totally.

BUSH is blowing it.

loosecannon
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Bush won't do anything, NM. He's the Pres for crying out loud! he could act.
Can't blame Congress or Democrats for this one totally.

BUSH is blowing it.

Cities, states and counties outlawed the patriot act

Declared the Iraq war illegal

instituted the popular vote

enacted kyoto standards

and now are taking on the immigration issue

without waiting for DC. I find this all very refreshing. And it is disgusting that the feds are no longer capable of responding to the peoples interests.

They are supposed to represent us.

But they won't because they are more concerned about their poli careers and parties than doing their jobs.

The states can't solve the immigration prob alone. They need federal laws and support to make it stick.

I think the border states should demand their nat guard forces back and assign them to the borders.

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
If we put the Military down there on the boarder's we could even set a landmine field up, that would deter them from coming over alright.

Dilloduck
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Cities, states and counties outlawed the patriot act

Declared the Iraq war illegal

instituted the popular vote

enacted kyoto standards

and now are taking on the immigration issue

without waiting for DC. I find this all very refreshing. And it is disgusting that the feds are no longer capable of responding to the peoples interests.

They are supposed to represent us.

But they won't because they are more concerned about their poli careers and parties than doing their jobs.

The states can't solve the immigration prob alone. They need federal laws and support to make it stick.

I think the border states should demand their nat guard forces back and assign them to the borders.

Cut the minuteman, border guards and texas state troopers loose and watch the shit fly.

Dilloduck
05-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Governor Perry needs to wake up--QUICKLY !

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Governor Perry needs to wake up--QUICKLY !

What's wrong with Perry?

Dilloduck
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
What's wrong with Perry?

He won't take a strong enough stand on Texas' border with Mexico.

Hobbit
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
They're doing stuff like this is Georgia, too. The raids are getting bigger and more frequent. Still, it'll never be enough if the feds don't do something.

nevadamedic
05-14-2007, 11:10 PM
They're doing stuff like this is Georgia, too. The raids are getting bigger and more frequent. Still, it'll never be enough if the feds don't do something.

It really does no good. Even if we do catch them and kick them out they're back here within a week of being returned to Mexico. If our dedicated men and women on the boarder were given permission to use lethal force on anyone attempting to come into the country illegally then we would see the numbers drop drastically.

82Marine89
05-14-2007, 11:40 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/heres_my_donation1.jpg

82Marine89
05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I have sent copies of that to all my elected officials.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
I have sent copies of that to all my elected officials.

Spoken like a Liberal

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Spoken like a Liberal

How so?

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
How so?
Implying what you did about Bush.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Implying what you did about Bush.

His position on open borders and his refusal to protect the sovereignty of this great Nation has me pissed off. I, as an American citizen, should not have to patrol the borders of my own country because the federal government refuses to.

The Constitution does not require much of our government, but one of the few things it does require is to provide a national defense. Border protection is part of a national defense.

Sorry if I don't walk lock step with the GOP.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 12:59 AM
His position on open borders and his refusal to protect the sovereignty of this great Nation has me pissed off. I, as an American citizen, should not have to patrol the borders of my own country because the federal government refuses to.

The Constitution does not require much of our government, but one of the few things it does require is to provide a national defense. Border protection is part of a national defense.

Sorry if I don't walk lock step with the GOP.

Bush is not for open boarders.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 01:02 AM

And Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman. Miss Blewclinsky.

Hobbit
05-15-2007, 01:46 AM

He's pretty much admitted it himself, and he's very much in favor of amnesty for these criminals.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 02:06 AM
He's pretty much admitted it himself, and he's very much in favor of amnesty for these criminals.

Your confusing Bush with Hilary Clinton.

Pale Rider
05-15-2007, 02:11 AM
My question is, why is the federal government ignoring this the way they do?

Answer... "money."

Vote the bastards out that are betraying our countries sovereignty.

God bless the states that are taking action. It's the only way we'll save our country from a civil war.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Your confusing Bush with Hilary Clinton.

Bull crap. Bush's 'immigration reform' is double speak for amnesty. Also, by him saying they are doing jobs Americans won't do is a spit in the face to all of us.

Gunny
05-15-2007, 08:36 PM

I'm all for it. They're already planning to challenge it in court though.

Pale Rider
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM

The HELL HE ISN'T!

bush is a damn globalist! He's had SIX AND HALF YEARS to do something, ANYTHING on the border, but he outright REFUSES! Also, he appointed an attack dog that's been riding his shirt tails for years as special prosecutor to go after border patrol agents trying to do their job.

You need to read up.... http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3238

bush is a complete and utter FAILURE on the border. His actions, or better said INACTIONS, on the border are practically high treason.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Semper Fi Gunny.

gabosaurus
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I think we should pass laws prohibiting employers from hiring illegal aliens first. If we did that, the aliens would have no reason to come here, and would not need housing.
Otherwise, I am all for it.

Pale Rider
05-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Bull crap. Bush's 'immigration reform' is double speak for amnesty. Also, by him saying they are doing jobs Americans won't do is a spit in the face to all of us.

Damn right. Only 3% of them pick any sort of field grown produce. THREE PERCENT!!! The rest of them have stolen construction jobs, entry level labor and many other jobs from Americans that WOULD, even WANT to do those jobs.

bush's legacy will be that he was a globalist, and for open borders.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I think we should pass laws prohibiting employers from hiring illegal aliens first. If we did that, the aliens would have no reason to come here, and would not need housing.
Otherwise, I am all for it.

There are laws against that but no one really investigates it. Now if they hired investigators who went around at random and checked businesses, we could start combating this growing problem.

Kathianne
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
There are laws against that but no one really investigates it. Now if they hired investigators who went around at random and checked businesses, we could start combating this growing problem.

I'll agree. Then again, also think the police should be able to question those they stop, regarding immigration.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll agree. Then again, also think the police should be able to question those they stop, regarding immigration.

It should be a requirement to find out of the person they are in contact with is a citizen or legal resident of this country.

Kathianne
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
It should be a requirement to find out of the person they are in contact with is a citizen or legal resident of this country.

Yep, end of 'amnesty' states.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM

That just makes the gov't bigger and forces us to pay more taxes. Why not allow the Border Patrol to do their job?

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 11:18 PM
That just makes the gov't bigger and forces us to pay more taxes. Why not allow the Border Patrol to do their job?

Because they have proven themselves to be incapible of doing that. Besides now there are tunnels that are extremly hard to find going from Mexico to the United States.

82Marine89
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Because they have proven themselves to be incapible of doing that. Besides now there are tunnels that are extremly hard to find going from Mexico to the United States.

Our politicians have effectively neutered them. When they do do their job, they are prosecuted and sent to prison.

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Our politicians have effectively neutered them. When they do do their job, they are prosecuted and sent to prison.

That's not our polititian's, it's a blow hard federal prosecutor who is trying to make a name for himself by putting away good boarder agents and local law enforcement for doing their job.

82Marine89
05-16-2007, 12:46 AM
That's not our polititian's, it's a blow hard federal prosecutor who is trying to make a name for himself by putting away good boarder agents and local law enforcement for doing their job.

Really? Read this...

http://www.house.gov/baca/latestnews/release061504.htm

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Really? Read this...

http://www.house.gov/baca/latestnews/release061504.htm

That just shows that he is making a scene out of this. The Government didn't prevent this from happening. I doubt that it would much further then that letter. I do agree it's a calis move by a pathetic Democratic Congressman stabbing the law enforcment agent's in the back for doing their job.

Pale Rider
05-16-2007, 02:42 AM

And that's another thing we should do, send all illegals in American prisons BACK!

Here mexico, here's your TRASH back... :fu:

Doniston
05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Otherwise, I am all for it. I am in favor of the posted issue, but I also agree with you. Punishing employers should be the first order of business.

nevadamedic
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I am in favor of the posted issue, but I also agree with you. Punishing employers should be the first order of business.

Did you see the tunnel they just found that was on the news today? Going from Mexico to the US? They said its one of the most sophisticated one they have ever seen. He had lighting and everything. They said it was used to bring in people and drugs. I cant find it on Cnn.com so if any of you have a link please post.

Doniston
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Our politicians have effectively neutered them. When they do do their job, they are prosecuted and sent to prison. Sorry, NOT TRUE. They were prosecuted for going beyond their job. Police should be held to a higher standard than the people they are controling. and after all, they ARE a form of Police.

Doniston
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Did you see the tunnel they just found that was on the news today? Going from Mexico to the US? They said its one of the most sophisticated one they have ever seen. He had lighting and everything. They said it was used to bring in people and drugs. I cant find it on Cnn.com so if any of you have a link please post. No, I haven't sen that, but it happens all the time. If they couldn't get jobs, there would be less a need for those tunnels. (Drugs of course are a different matter)