PDA

View Full Version : Bank Protesters Arrested After Trying to Cash $673-billion Check

red states rule
10-09-2011, 04:23 AM
These people are in need of serious help folks.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KTLA) -- Ten protesters were arrested at a downtown Los Angeles Bank of America branch on Thursday afternoon, after a group marched inside the bank and tried to cash a $673 billion check.

The protest was organized by the Refund California campaign. "Occupy L.A." protesters, inspired by the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters in New York, also joined in, authorities said.

The protesters tried to cash an over-sized check made out to the "people of California," LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon said.

Ten protesters -- six men and four women -- were arrested after refusing to leave the bank, police said.

Earlier in the day Thursday, Occupy L.A. protesters took over the intersection of 7th and Figueroa streets, prompting police in riot gear to respond to the scene.

Protesters also covered Bank of America ATM's with caution tape.

Thursday's demonstrations were the latest in a series of protests in the Southland.

On Tuesday afternoon, several dozen protesters with signs and a bullhorn picketed outside the Westwood home of a One West Bank executive.

About 50 demonstrators showed up outside the home and stayed about 30 minutes as Los Angeles Police Department officers looked on.

Some "Occupy L.A." protesters have been camping outside City Hall in downtown L.A.

The loosely organized group is protesting what it perceives as corporate greed. It hopes to encourage social change and political involvement.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-bank-protestors-arrested,0,4824902.story

ConHog
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
These people are in need of serious help folks.

If some dirty hippies showed up at my house to protest. I'd turn the firehose on 'em.

logroller
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
If some dirty hippies showed up at my house to protest. I'd turn the firehose on 'em.

You own a firehose? national guard, schoolboard member, fireman--- is there anything you don't have a hand in? :coffee:

red states rule
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
You own a firehose? national guard, schoolboard member, fireman--- is there anything you don't have a hand in? :coffee:

Would you let them in your house and offer them a beer?

ConHog
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Dude, I live in small town, really barely that that has a volunteer fire department, I know I could convince the fire chief to wash them dirty hippies. How do I know this? Oh because he's my uncle. :laugh2:

red states rule
10-10-2011, 03:58 AM
If the hippies hate capitalism so much, why the hell do they want money?