PDA

View Full Version : Great quotes from Presidential candidate Herman Cain

Little-Acorn
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Every time I hear this guy, I like him more.

-------------------------------------

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cain-move-occupy-wall-street-1600-pennsylvania-avenue

(snip)

“When a reporter asked me the other day, well, what do you think about those demonstrations up on Wall Street, I said, first of all, Wall Street didn’t write these failed economic policies -- the White House did,” said Cain.

He then added, “Why don’t you move the demonstrations to the White House?”

“Wall Street didn’t write those failed policies, Wall Street didn’t spend a trillion dollars,” said Cain. “Wall Street isn’t asking to spend another $450 billion. It didn’t work with a trillion. It’s not gonna’ work with $450 billion. You can demonstrate all you want on Wall Street. The problem is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!”

Cain also quoted the Declaration of Independence, stating that “it is the right of the people to alter and to abolish” the government. “We’ve got some altering and abolishing to do!” he said.

--------------------------------------

I couldn't agree more. And for me, that's saying something.

Kathianne
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM
I must say that my first feelings were 'he's not qualified and doesn't know politics.' So far, I've been wrong in the later. As for the first, his resume looks better and better. I'm going to read his book. Whether or not he can maintain his momentum, time will tell. I am impressed now and that's not easy to do.

SassyLady
10-10-2011, 12:50 AM
I like his spunk!!!

Kathianne
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I like his spunk!!!

His whole story is compelling and from the looks of it he hasn't failed in any major project that he's committed himself to. While not quite an Abe Lincoln or Andrew Jackson story, his is certainly a modern version of theirs.

sundaydriver
10-10-2011, 09:30 AM
If you’re poor, jobless — blame yourself,’ says Herman Cain

I like this one, but many don't as it's too true!

DragonStryk72
10-10-2011, 09:47 AM
If you’re poor, jobless — blame yourself,’ says Herman Cain

I like this one, but many don't as it's too true!

Hey, which line says that? Because if there isn't a line, it means you're just flatly talking out of your ass here.

What he said is that it wasn't Wall Street who created our shitty economic policies, that it was Washington who did that. Are you going to state that neither Bush nor Obama created any sort of bad economic policies that helped with the current problems?

What he also said was that Obama dropped a trillion dollars into the economy, and that it was a waste, or worse, that it was detrimental, along with expression pretty serious, and understandable doubts about dropping a second stimulus.

Do you care to respond to his points, or did you just want a chance to take a cheap dig?

sundaydriver
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks," he continued. "If you don't have a job and you are not rich, blame yourself

Apparently he did say this.

What this means to me is that we are responsible for ourselves. When the highest paying most enjoyable job I had went to China in 2002 I didn't blame the business or the government, I just went about my business of preparing to start over. In 2 months I had another job in my field which lasted until 2006 when that job went away. Dusted myself off and was working in 4 months for a vaccine maker but not a position in my field. In early 2010 I accepted a job offer with the company that purchased the company that sent my job to China in 2002.

I didn't wait for things to change or seek any job. I sharpened my skills, added to my education at night to keep up with the changing economic needs, and applied only to positions in companies that were part of the future. Try that in your 50's!

So yes, success or poor is up to us.

Little-Acorn
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I like his spunk!!!

Barack Obama had spunk too, four years ago this date. Maybe even more than Cain does.

But it's his IDEAS that I like, and spunk never hurts. He's a Fred Thompson with spirit.

Cain reminds me more and more of Ronald "Government isn't the solution to the problem, government IS the problem" Reagan.

He's the candidate who believes more than any other, that the people are the country and government is only a necessary evil, necessary because there are some things that the people CANNOT do, so govt must do them. If you asked him if this is so, I suppose he might point out things like running the armed forces, dispassionate criminal prosecution, foreign relations etc. But he's continually pointing out that if you want something done, do it yourself or get together with others to do it. DON'T rely on government.

Right on, Herm.

Gaffer
10-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Cain has been on my people to vote for list since he started running. For a while he was second to Bachmann, but since the last debate he has moved to the number one slot. The other candidates need to start dropping out and throwing their support behind him so we don't get stuck with the media selection romney. We can't let the media select the GOP nominee like they did with mccain.