PDA

View Full Version : Is the US Already a Communist Nation??

Nukeman
10-13-2011, 08:08 AM
I came across this post in response to an article. It really got me thinking!! I never thought of our govt this way before but this short and to the point response is very truthful

Just a reminder that the government owns all property. This is communism, we just call it different things, like “zoning,” and “regulation to keep the kids safe.” But at the end of the day, if the occupier fails to pay rent (“property tax”) to the true owner (the government), or fails to obey the dictates of the true owner (the government), the true owner (the government) evicts the occupier. It’s taken almost 100 years, but the US is a communist country.

We may call it regulation or safety, or any number of things but ultimately it comes down to the govt owning everything and telling us how and when we can do things with "our" property...:poke:

fj1200
10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I came across this post in response to an article. It really got me thinking!! I never thought of our govt this way before but this short and to the point response is very truthful

We may call it regulation or safety, or any number of things but ultimately it comes down to the govt owning everything and telling us how and when we can do things with "our" property...:poke:

Naw, that's mostly just government enforcing property rights and trying to account for externalities; negative ones like pollution and positive ones like education.

Nukeman
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Naw, that's mostly just government enforcing property rights and trying to account for externalities; negative ones like pollution and positive ones like education.I used to think that as well but with more and more stories of govt intrusion into what you do with YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY the more it gets me thinking. The state and local govt's have pushed themselves into what is and is not allowed on your property. hell in some area you cant put up a tree house even a nice one, you cant plant gardens in certain areas of your property, you cant place decks or structures on your property, hell the list goes on and on. it isn't just about safety and negative environmental impact, those I agree with but when I can't even put up a tree house without being cited by some local agency that is too much intrustion adn I no longer "own" my property.

fj1200
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I used to think that as well but with more and more stories of govt intrusion into what you do with YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY the more it gets me thinking.

One man's safety regulation is another's government intrusion. But you're right, there is certainly more intrusion these days. I don't see it as government ownership more of local control and citizens enforcing public standards. We all have the ability to move to where Conhog lives, at least until he calls the EPA on us :poke:, but it's unfortunate that one would have to move to retain some the freedoms that we had previously. I would see Communism at the Federal level and not the local ones where local elected officials would be more beholden to local voters.

darin
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
I used to think that as well but with more and more stories of govt intrusion into what you do with YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY the more it gets me thinking. The state and local govt's have pushed themselves into what is and is not allowed on your property. hell in some area you cant put up a tree house even a nice one, you cant plant gardens in certain areas of your property, you cant place decks or structures on your property, hell the list goes on and on. it isn't just about safety and negative environmental impact, those I agree with but when I can't even put up a tree house without being cited by some local agency that is too much intrustion adn I no longer "own" my property.

The crux of the issue: People keep re-electing folks who do that crap/make those laws.

it's 'the people' (collectively) who are stupid...who are communist by action.

Psychoblues
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Actually, a decent observation, nm, but mostly more hate and fearmpongering. I can't make much more than that out of it. Show me one communist that has a deed to his property that entitles him to the same rights as we have here but in a communist country? I don't believe it happens like that.

Psychoblues

ConHog
10-14-2011, 10:34 PM
One man's safety regulation is another's government intrusion. But you're right, there is certainly more intrusion these days. I don't see it as government ownership more of local control and citizens enforcing public standards. We all have the ability to move to where Conhog lives, at least until he calls the EPA on us :poke:, but it's unfortunate that one would have to move to retain some the freedoms that we had previously. I would see Communism at the Federal level and not the local ones where local elected officials would be more beholden to local voters.

:laugh2:

We have our regulations to, it's mostly just that we're so spread out and so sparsely populated that rarely does anyone bother to check on such.

And Arkansas sucks, I mean it is the pits, don't move here. Tell EVERYONE you know.

fj1200
10-15-2011, 08:21 AM
:laugh2:

We have our regulations to, it's mostly just that we're so spread out and so sparsely populated that rarely does anyone bother to check on such.

And Arkansas sucks, I mean it is the pits, don't move here. Tell EVERYONE you know.

Too late, my nephew bought a house there last year with his new wife. Keep your chin up though, He's in the Air Force so it's likely he'll move after awhile. :salute:

logroller
10-17-2011, 04:03 AM
If we're in a communist country, then we're all political dissidents and will be rounded up and sent to re-education camps. See y'all there.:coffee:

red states rule
10-17-2011, 04:10 AM
a Muslim and a Communist go into a bar.............

The bartender asks:

"What can I get you, Mr. President?"

Obama is trying to take us there that is for sure

revelarts
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
a Muslim and a Communist go into a bar.............

The bartender asks:

"What can I get you, Mr. President?"

Obama is trying to take us there that is for sure

Hey Red this has been a head scratcher for me. Maybe you can answer this for me.

you know I'm no Obama fan BUT, there's a criticism of him that I don't get.

One minute some on the right will say he's "REALLY" a Crypto-Muslim the next day they'll say "he is a Black Liberation theology Christian that hates whites and America becuase he was in Rev Wrights church FOR 20 YEARS!!!!",
Which is it? he can't be both. If he's either.