PDA

View Full Version : iPhone catches wife cheating....

Noir
10-16-2011, 10:26 AM
It was only a matter of time, and it took, well, 2 days.

The new iPhone 4S has a built in feature called 'Find My Friends' The idea is a simple one, you connect your phone to a friends via a passcode, and then whenever you both turn it on (in the same way that you turn on bluetooth for example) the phones you are connected with can see you on their Maps App as a wee blue dot, of course you can sever the connection at any time and require a new passcode until they can see you again.

SO say you and a friend are at a park or something, you can share pass codes, see each other on the map and find each other. Parents are also able to lock the system 'on' via parental controls to make sure their son/daughter really is staying at Mikes for the night and not sneaking off to Savannahs for some woo-hoo.

Buuuuut, this wife forgot to turn hers off, told her hubby she was somewhere, when her iPhone told him otherwise.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/screen-shot-2011-10-16-at-10-20-33-am.png

i have no doubt this will be a useful feature, but the question is, given the ease at which it could be forgotten about, should we have the option to use our phones as GPS beacons, or not? Is it simply a case of those who are cheating deserve to be caught anyways?

Gunny
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM

The new iPhone 4S has a built in feature called 'Find My Friends' The idea is a simple one, you connect your phone to a friends via a passcode, and then whenever you both turn it on (in the same way that you turn on bluetooth for example) the phones you are connected with can see you on their Maps App as a wee blue dot, of course you can sever the connection at any time and require a new passcode until they can see you again.

SO say you and a friend are at a park or something, you can share pass codes, see each other on the map and find each other. Parents are also able to lock the system 'on' via parental controls to make sure their son/daughter really is staying at Mikes for the night and not sneaking off to Savannahs for some woo-hoo.

Buuuuut, this wife forgot to turn hers off, told her hubby she was somewhere, when her iPhone told him otherwise.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/screen-shot-2011-10-16-at-10-20-33-am.png

i have no doubt this will be a useful feature, but the question is, given the ease at which it could be forgotten about, should we have the option to use our phones as GPS beacons, or not? Is it simply a case of those who are cheating deserve to be caught anyways?

Who cares?

Noir
10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Who cares?

You cared enough to post, means allot to me (:

darin
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
remarkable technology compared to cell phones when I was in skool. :) I can bet the woman, should we follow this story, will end up being 'the victim'. :( It's how it generally plays out.

Noir
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
remarkable technology compared to cell phones when I was in skool. :) I can bet the woman, should we follow this story, will end up being 'the victim'. :( It's how it generally plays out.

it depends, some are saying she left it on, others that he activated the setting without her knowledge...could be very interesting if it came to court...

Gunny
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
You cared enough to post, means allot to me (:

I cared enough to point out you're a waste of oxygen.

Nukeman
10-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I cared enough to point out you're a waste of oxygen.Much like this post right here... Don't like it Don't post in the thread... See how that works??????

Talk about waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revelarts
10-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Friends and family keeping track sorta makes sense but it's a 2 edged sword. . seems like The small personal consumer benefits don't come close to benefits businesses and gov'ts find useful in mass of info like this. If there was a way to keep the companies from storing the info, or passing it on too 3rd parties, or even block there use, AND/OR make PUBLIC officials records PUBLIC, if a company buys/get mass info they have to reveal their own, then I'd be fine with it

ConHog
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
of course the moral of this story is don't marry a bitch you can't trust.

Noir
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
of course the moral of this story is don't marry a bitch you can't trust.

I thought the moral would lie with the woman in terms of 'don't cheat' lol
But I guess people look at things in different ways, though I there is nothing to suggest that the man didn't trust his wife when they married. You can't not marry someone because you think in the future you may not trust them lol

ConHog
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I thought the moral would lie with the woman in terms of 'don't cheat' lol
But I guess people look at things in different ways, though I there is nothing to suggest that the man didn't trust his wife when they married. You can't not marry someone because you think in the future you may not trust them lol

No, but you CAN get to know the moral fiber of a person before you marry them.

Noir
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
No, but you CAN get to know the moral fiber of a person before you marry them.

Lol, Mkay, so for anyone who's had a husband/wife that's cheated on them, you should of known better...

ConHog
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol, Mkay, so for anyone who's had a husband/wife that's cheated on them, you should of known better...

Well of course not it ALL situations, but as a general rule? You bet, a little due diligence will you prevent a person from marrying someone who cheats, drinks in excess, does drugs, robs banks, etc etc.

Noir
10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Well of course not it ALL situations, but as a general rule? You bet, a little due diligence will you prevent a person from marrying someone who cheats, drinks in excess, does drugs, robs banks, etc etc.

I'd say not, heck, i couldn't of predicted when i was 13 that at 21 i'd be Vegan, and i'd known myself pretty damn well for 13 years! How you would expect someone to know who they are going to be, never mind their partner, in 10, 20, 30 years time etc is beyond me. But anyways this is a discussion that can kinda go nowhere.

logroller
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd say not, heck, i couldn't of predicted when i was 13 that at 21 i'd be Vegan, and i'd known myself pretty damn well for 13 years! How you would expect someone to know who they are going to be, never mind their partner, in 10, 20, 30 years time etc is beyond me. But anyways this is a discussion that can kinda go nowhere.

That's probably why 13 yr-olds aren't allowed to get married...

So far as the moral of the story-- be honest. Lying is what got her pinched; not the phone.

Noir
10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
That's probably why 13 yr-olds aren't allowed to get married...

So far as the moral of the story-- be honest. Lying is what got her pinched; not the phone.

While that wasn't really the point, just change the 13 to 16 then, the statement still applies.

ConHog
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Being a vegan isn't a core value and you know it. A person can be a good person with or without steak. I person can't be a good person with or without cheating.

And you're nuts, Nothing better than a delicious steak.

Noir
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Being a vegan isn't a core value and you know it. A person can be a good person with or without steak. I person can't be a good person with or without cheating.

And you're nuts, Nothing better than a delicious steak.

i disagree, such is life.

DragonStryk72
10-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Parents are also able to lock the system 'on' via parental controls to make sure their son/daughter really is staying at Mikes for the night and not sneaking off to Savannahs for some woo-hoo.

Um... unless the son/daughter thinks about it a second and lets Mike "borrow" their iphone for the night. Just send text responses, and you've gotten around it completely. This is the problem of these sorts of items, they give the illusion of security, and thus degrade actual parenting skills. "Oh look, he's still at Mike's." and the parent stops thinking.

logroller
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
While that wasn't really the point, just change the 13 to 16 then, the statement still applies.

Well the persons in the OP weren't 16, so that's not really the point either. As to my point, re: the moral of the story-- my statement still applies as well.:thumb:

Noir
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Um... unless the son/daughter thinks about it a second and lets Mike "borrow" their iphone for the night. Just send text responses, and you've gotten around it completely. This is the problem of these sorts of items, they give the illusion of security, and thus degrade actual parenting skills. "Oh look, he's still at Mike's." and the parent stops thinking.

All i'll say on the matter is if i left my phone unprotected with one of my mates i wouldn't like to imagine what texts my parents would be getting, never mind random contacts in my phonebook.

logroller
10-18-2011, 01:07 AM
All i'll say on the matter is if i left my phone unprotected with one of my mates i wouldn't like to imagine what texts my parents would be getting, never mind random contacts in my phonebook.
You might want to reconsider who you pal around with then. My mates know better than to fuck with my family, even in jest; out of mutual respect, I extend to them the same courtesy. Now a picture of monkeybrains shows up on my phone as wallpaper; that's to be expected if I'm slippin':cool:

PostmodernProphet
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM

I don't know....the vegan part wasn't that hard to predict.....looking at your picture you don't strike me as someone who's been that conversant with protien for quite some time.....

(wft...spellchecker doesn't know enough about the word "protein" to offer suggestions?.....is it a vegan spellchecker?).......

Gunny
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Much like this post right here... Don't like it Don't post in the thread... See how that works??????

Talk about waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post where and when I want, fuckwit. We clear?

Noir
10-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't know....the vegan part wasn't that hard to predict.....looking at your picture you don't strike me as someone who's been that conversant with protien for quite some time.....

(wft...spellchecker doesn't know enough about the word "protein" to offer suggestions?.....is it a vegan spellchecker?).......

Naw man, Peas, Brazil nuts, lentils, spinach, beans, corn, potatoes, broccoli etc are all packed with protein, i gets (and have always got) plenty ^,^

Gunny
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Naw man, Peas, Brazil nuts, lentils, spinach, beans, corn, potatoes, broccoli etc are all packed with protein, i gets (and have always got) plenty ^,^

Ghey.

"Brazil nuts"? Didn't you mean "nigger toes", funny man?

logroller
10-18-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm guessing his arteries paint a pretty picture.

"protein" corrected on mine:dunno:

Nukeman
10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
I'll post where and when I want, fuckwit. We clear?Oh Internet tough guy.. Piss off you fucking hack!!!!!!!!!

Gunny
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh Internet tough guy.. Piss off you fucking hack!!!!!!!!!

Really .. I'll tell you the same thing I told that fuckwit I responded to that you felt obliged to interject on behalf of ...

Ask the ones that know me. I'm not an internet anything and if you want to run your suck in my face, you better bring the fucking Army with you. Not that they would do you any good, but they might make you feel like a man.

Nukeman
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Really .. I'll tell you the same thing I told that fuckwit I responded to that you felt obliged to interject on behalf of ...

Ask the ones that know me. I'm not an internet anything and if you want to run your suck in my face, you better bring the fucking Army with you. Not that they would do you any good, but they might make you feel like a man.Hey your mom just called she said quit getting cheetoes all over the keyboard and stop jerking off all over the place....... tough guy.... ppfffftttttt

Gunny
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey your mom just called she said quit getting cheetoes all over the keyboard and stop jerking off all over the place....... tough guy.... ppfffftttttt

I don't recall bringing my family members into the conversation, brainiac.

Fuck off, pissant. You can either show up and man up, or shut the fuck up. And you damned-well better be over 300 lbs. punk or you'll just be "next".

Now, are you done running your suck?

Nukeman
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't recall bringing my family members into the conversation, brainiac.

Fuck off, pissant. You can either show up and man up, or shut the fuck up. And you damned-well better be over 300 lbs. punk or you'll just be "next".

Now, are you done running your suck?Just as soon as you are tough guy...... You really need to "lighten up Francis"...... Your going to stroke out......

Gunny
10-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Just as soon as you are tough guy...... You really need to "lighten up Francis"...... Your going to stroke out......

Really? Francis was a puss.

I never had a problem with you. Don't start no shit and there won't be any. Otherwise, I'll rip your skull off and shit down your neck. All you have to do is stop me.

Jess
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM

The question is, can she get from one place to the other in 20 minutes? There happens to be a 20 minute difference in the screenshots.

KarlMarx
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM

This reminds me of another story I heard. A man was bored with his marriage so he decided to post an ad on an online dating site. He finally met a woman that he felt he had the right chemistry with .... after a long online relationship they decided to meet for the first time... the woman was....

(drum roll please)

his wife!

The man was so indignant that his wife would actually consider cheating on him that he filed for divorce

PostmodernProphet
11-09-2011, 11:38 AM

I will grant you beans, but if you think corn, potatoes, spinach and broccoli are sources of protein then I can see why you are malnourished.....

Noir
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I will grant you beans, but if you think corn, potatoes, spinach and broccoli are sources of protein then I can see why you are malnourished.....

Malnourished? That's why I must of lost so much weight, am tired all the time, constantly hungry and always ill now...oh wait...

Not to go i to too many details but being a vegan makes you very awre of whats in everything, for example a small portion of broccoli (and I love my broccoli) has about 4/5 grams of protein, while a medium baked potato (with the skin) has around 5/6 grams of protein. So before you add anything else to your meal two baked potatoes and some broccoli has made up 14-17 grams of protein (and generally it's reckomend that men get about 70 grams per day, I think women's is a bit lower at 60 grams)

Heck, wash it down with a medium glass of soya milk and you've just added another 7 grams of protein, simples! (:

So please don't fret for me sir, I know I'm getting plenty of protein, my meals are tailored so it is so ^,^

Noir
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
This reminds me of another story I heard. A man was bored with his marriage so he decided to post an ad on an online dating site. He finally met a woman that he felt he had the right chemistry with .... after a long online relationship they decided to meet for the first time... the woman was....

(drum roll please)

his wife!

The man was so indignant that his wife would actually consider cheating on him that he filed for divorce

That's well awesome xD