PDA

View Full Version : Active Duty Gays Say Coming Out Has Been Non-Event

Psychoblues
10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I knew some of the reichwingers were blowing this all out of proportion.

By LISA LEFF http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/sourceAP.gif

updated <abbr style="display: inline;" class="dtstamp updated" title="2011-10-16T16:21:00">10/16/2011 12:21:00 PM ET

</abbr> Las Vegas: Chief Warrant Officer Charlie Morgan kept it simple and sweet. She was eight months into a nine-month assignment in Kuwait, and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta had just informed Congress that the U.S. armed forces were ready to integrate openly gay troops.

Morgan decided the time was right to come out to her commander. The photograph of her wife and 4-year-old daughter she kept hidden on her desk helped her do it.

"I said, 'Sir, I would like to introduce you to someone. This is my family,'" Morgan recalled of her July conversation with her boss, an Army colonel leading a 2,400-soldier brigade. "He said, 'Charlie, you have a beautiful family. You know, "don't ask, don't tell" prevented me from getting to know you.'"

Nearly four weeks after the U.S. lifted its "don't ask, don't tell" banning open service by gay men, lesbians and bisexuals, similar stories of secret-shedding, relief and acceptance were swapped Saturday at the first-ever national convention of gay military personnel on active duty.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................

Much more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44921415/ns/us_news-life/#.TpuNArJaZDN

The country or the military didn't fall apart after all.

Psychoblues

Delenn
10-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Much ado about nuttin'. This should have been done and over with a long time ago.

Psychoblues
10-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Much ado about nuttin'. This should have been done and over with a long time ago.

Exactly, Delenn. WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see a lot more of you!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

NightTrain
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
LOL

I knew that there was only one person on this board that this news would give a "thrill up my leg" feel too, and it was you, PyschoBabble.

Come out of the closet and leave your Hamm's Ice in there.

Psychoblues
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
LOL

I knew that there was only one person on this board that this news would give a "thrill up my leg" feel too, and it was you, PyschoBabble.

Come out of the closet and leave your Hamm's Ice in there.

OMG and it's you that get's all excited!!!!!!!!! What part of the gay military do you represent or care anything about? And don't go winking at me like that, you silly little goose!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

NightTrain
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
OMG and it's you that get's all excited!!!!!!!!! What part of the gay military do you represent or care anything about? And don't go winking at me like that, you silly little goose!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

So were you flaming during your 'stint' or did you hide?

Psychoblues
10-17-2011, 12:02 AM
So were you flaming during your 'stint' or did you hide?

I remained as open and honest as a can of pork & beans all during my service and now as well. You need to stop pissing down your legs, you silly little goose.

Psychoblues

ConHog
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM

By LISA LEFF http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/sourceAP.gif

updated <abbr style="display: inline;" class="dtstamp updated" title="2011-10-16T16:21:00">10/16/2011 12:21:00 PM ET

</abbr> Las Vegas: Chief Warrant Officer Charlie Morgan kept it simple and sweet. She was eight months into a nine-month assignment in Kuwait, and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta had just informed Congress that the U.S. armed forces were ready to integrate openly gay troops.

Morgan decided the time was right to come out to her commander. The photograph of her wife and 4-year-old daughter she kept hidden on her desk helped her do it.

"I said, 'Sir, I would like to introduce you to someone. This is my family,'" Morgan recalled of her July conversation with her boss, an Army colonel leading a 2,400-soldier brigade. "He said, 'Charlie, you have a beautiful family. You know, "don't ask, don't tell" prevented me from getting to know you.'"

Nearly four weeks after the U.S. lifted its "don't ask, don't tell" banning open service by gay men, lesbians and bisexuals, similar stories of secret-shedding, relief and acceptance were swapped Saturday at the first-ever national convention of gay military personnel on active duty.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................

Much more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44921415/ns/us_news-life/#.TpuNArJaZDN

The country or the military didn't fall apart after all.

Psychoblues

It's funny that you start a thread ab out respect by being a disrespectful little fuck.

Noir
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Not surprising in the slightest, life went on as normal.

I'd still be hugely surprised if many of those gays were not already well known in their troop as having been gay anyways.

jimnyc
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM

Not surprising in the slightest, life went on as normal.

I'm not sure 1 month or so into this change is long enough to say it's going to be problematic or not. I think this will need to be integrated for a few years before the military will know the effect, if any, on active duty soldiers.

And quite frankly, while there ultimately may not be any change to our military, that still doesn't validate the actions of homosexuals in any way. The actions of homosexuals will still remain very abnormal... We'll just have soldiers that are involved in abnormal activities, that hopefully won't effect their ability to fight and defend our nation.

jimnyc
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Btw, for someone who doesn't want to be referred to about his drinking any longer, and for someone who now actually has supporters defending you when some do refer to your past drinking - you may want to think of the irony involved when you continue to label the majority of the board as "reichwingers" which you know damn well is an insult, which is obviously your intent from the day you started using the term.

ConHog
10-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure 1 month or so into this change is long enough to say it's going to be problematic or not. I think this will need to be integrated for a few years before the military will know the effect, if any, on active duty soldiers.

And quite frankly, while there ultimately may not be any change to our military, that still doesn't validate the actions of homosexuals in any way. The actions of homosexuals will still remain very abnormal... We'll just have soldiers that are involved in abnormal activities, that hopefully won't effect their ability to fight and defend our nation.

It won't. Not anymore so than does the fact that our soldiers commit abnormal acts. My friend is gay and in the military, I promise you he's an exemplary soldier. So yes, some gays will be worthless soldiers, but that's because they are worthless soldiers, not because they are gay soldiers.

ConHog
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Btw, for someone who doesn't want to be referred to about his drinking any longer, and for someone who now actually has supporters defending you when some do refer to your past drinking - you may want to think of the irony involved when you continue to label the majority of the board as "reichwingers" which you know damn well is an insult, which is obviously your intent from the day you started using the term.

Plus one sir. As I said, very sad that he screams for respect aas he's disrespecting others.

jimnyc
10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
It won't. Not anymore so than does the fact that our soldiers commit abnormal acts. My friend is gay and in the military, I promise you he's an exemplary soldier. So yes, some gays will be worthless soldiers, but that's because they are worthless soldiers, not because they are gay soldiers.

My point is, that many soldiers will be looking for "validation" by this change, and will be trying to "express" themselves as much as possible as opposed to just being themselves and not looking for attention. Not all soldiers, and certainly not all queers - but many are looking to be recognized and considered an "equal" of heterosexuals and have been moving forth with that agenda from the very beginning of the marriage rights issue and into the military issue. They should act like hetero couples if they wanted to be treated as such - but we all know a large number will act "different" or "strange".

ConHog
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
My point is, that many soldiers will be looking for "validation" by this change, and will be trying to "express" themselves as much as possible as opposed to just being themselves and not looking for attention. Not all soldiers, and certainly not all queers - but many are looking to be recognized and considered an "equal" of heterosexuals and have been moving forth with that agenda from the very beginning of the marriage rights issue and into the military issue. They should act like hetero couples if they wanted to be treated as such - but we all know a large number will act "different" or "strange".

And those fools will get the old blanket party. Official policy or not.

Psychoblues
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Now, ain't that a hoot. The word "queer" wasn't taken from a vacuum, jimbo. BTW, I don't use the word "reichwinger" to include all right wingers. I only mean it to include all right wing nuts. That said, there are a few around here. The bit dog is the first to yelp, hint, hint. I understand that as well. Or, if the shoe doesn't fit you certainly don't have to wear it.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

Noir
10-17-2011, 06:47 PM

They were already in the military (like the women in the OP) the only difference is that now they are free to say talk about her girlfriend without worrying about someone being offended (sic) and her possibly losing her job.

jimnyc
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Now, ain't that a hoot. The word "queer" wasn't taken from a vacuum, jimbo. BTW, I don't use the word "reichwinger" to include all right wingers. I only mean it to include all right wing nuts. That said, there are a few around here. The bit dog is the first to yelp, hint, hint. I understand that as well. Or, if the shoe doesn't fit you certainly don't have to wear it.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

You're full of crap. You've been using the term reichwinger for quite a long time and use it solely to offend. But by your logic, you won't mind if a bunch of us start referring to liberals as old drunken fools? You can't even use PB logic to get out of this one. You use it to offend. At the same time, you complain to be offended by terms from others. People will likely treat you as they feel you are treating them...

The word queer belongs to homosexuals who continually use the word, use it as slogans and us it all over television. They "own" the word and certainly can't complain if that's how they refer to themselves on national television. It's YOU trying to make it seem as if someone is doing something taboo and trying to make something out of nothing (what a surprise).

And is it supposed to be another surprise/lie/jab when you continue yet again with your lame "if the shoe fits" crap. It's just you once again tossing insults. I hope others read your continual crap and stop trying to defend you when others return the favor. You're a hypocrite if you complain about any names from others.

jimnyc
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
They were already in the military (like the women in the OP) the only difference is that now they are free to say talk about her girlfriend without worrying about someone being offended (sic) and her possibly losing her job.

And again, hopefully the changes won't effect their abilities, that's if they decide to use their newly found rights to once again toss their sexual preferences in others faces. The queers do this outside of the military all over the world, but I honestly doubt they'll act like that as soldiers.