PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Marine Demolishes NYPD, Defends OccupyWallStreet

-Cp
10-18-2011, 07:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmEHcOc0Sys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fj1200
10-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Who did he demolish?

Gunny
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Who did he demolish?

Puh - lease ... only 30 cops? Lightweight, non-hanging MF-er. Surprised he made it through boot camp.

One riot .. one Ranger.

revelarts
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
wow, This is so freaking refreshing, may his tribe increase.

Gunny
10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
wow, This is so freaking refreshing, may his tribe increase.

You mean because people who actually fight for the Constitution actually believe in the words it says? No way .....

revelarts
10-18-2011, 11:24 AM
You mean because people who actually fight for the Constitution actually believe in the words it says? No way .....
Way

Gunny
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Way

Got to spread it around.

darin
10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
What was his point? I saw a jacket/blouse like that for sale online. Ribbons too.

Gunny
10-18-2011, 11:58 AM
What was his point? I saw a jacket/blouse like that for sale online. Ribbons too.

You have to earn that blouse and the medals.

fj1200
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Puh - lease ... only 30 cops?

Did I miss the fight as I was fast forwarding through the video?

darin
10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
You have to earn that blouse and the medals.

Did the guy in the video earn anything?

Psychoblues
10-18-2011, 06:28 PM

He earned that blouse and ribbons/medals, damnpals, I am assuming he was born in America and was born with a right to free speech but as a United States Marine he has certainly validated his possession of that right. There are other ways and pictures available for you to validate the man's national service as a Marine, damnpals. You don't simply have to rely on that single video. Why do I feel so much hate around here for that man? Creepy. I hope it's not contagious.

Psychoblues

Gunny
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Never mind.

ConHog
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
He earned that blouse and ribbons/medals, damnpals, I am assuming he was born in America and was born with a right to free speech but as a United States Marine he has certainly validated his possession of that right. There are other ways and pictures available for you to validate the man's national service as a Marine, damnpals. You don't simply have to rely on that single video. Why do I feel so much hate around here for that man? Creepy. I hope it's not contagious.

Psychoblues

Why do you continually spout your BS that vets have more of a right to the rights that we all enjoy? No in fact we don't. Nowhere in the COTUS does it state that vets have more of a right to free speech than not vets.

Gunny
10-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Why do you continually spout your BS that vets have more of a right to the rights that we all enjoy? No in fact we don't. Nowhere in the COTUS does it state that vets have more of a right to free speech than not vets.

BUT we DO have rights. I earned mine. I'll say what I want when and where. I fought for them. No pussy can tell me they aren't mine.

Psychoblues
10-18-2011, 06:49 PM

I did not say that and would never say that, ch. Why do you have to make crap up like that? You do understand that I'm not the only one that see's into your lying and total ignorance, don't you?

Psychoblues

ConHog
10-18-2011, 06:54 PM
BUT we DO have rights. I earned mine. I'll say what I want when and where. I fought for them. No pussy can tell me they aren't mine.

Of course, who said differently?

But here's my point. You don't EARN your right to free speech, you were BORN with it. So I just hate the "I'm a vet I earned my rights " argument.

darin
10-18-2011, 06:54 PM
He earned that blouse and ribbons/medals, ********, I am assuming he was born in America and was born with a right to free speech but as a United States Marine he has certainly validated his possession of that right. There are other ways and pictures available for you to validate the man's national service as a Marine, ********. You don't simply have to rely on that single video. Why do I feel so much hate around here for that man?

Psychoblues

You are assuming the man is a Marine. That's fine. Make your assumptions. *I* have to rely on that video for everything on that video - which is a video of a man bitching at cops for something I didn't notice cops doing; that is to say, I went forward a couple times - basically saw the marine dressing-down the police for SIMPLY FOLLOWING LEGAL ORDERS.

As to your question: I cannot presume to try to understand why you claim to feel anything. That's on you.

Of course, who said differently?

But here's my point. You don't EARN your right to free speech, you were BORN with it. So I just hate the "I'm a vet I earned my rights " argument.

Of course Vets don't "earn" rights in the strict sense. Vets however have 'given back' to the Constitution which granted those rights. Service in the Military is a tithe of our lives to the Nation. All gave some. Some gave all. For that reason the words of a vet, except Psychoblues, tend to carry a lot of weight. They are words from a Man or Woman who "at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

gabosaurus
10-18-2011, 08:06 PM

Of course you are better than the rest of us. You have been spouting that bullshit for years now. You have a right to be a pigheaded condescending bitch. You fought for that.

ConHog
10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
You are assuming the man is a Marine. That's fine. Make your assumptions. *I* have to rely on that video for everything on that video - which is a video of a man bitching at cops for something I didn't notice cops doing; that is to say, I went forward a couple times - basically saw the marine dressing-down the police for SIMPLY FOLLOWING LEGAL ORDERS.

As to your question: I cannot presume to try to understand why you claim to feel anything. That's on you.

Of course Vets don't "earn" rights in the strict sense. Vets however have 'given back' to the Constitution which granted those rights. Service in the Military is a tithe of our lives to the Nation. All gave some. Some gave all. For that reason the words of a vet, except Psychoblues, tend to carry a lot of weight. They are words from a Man or Woman who "at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

I guess I just don't see it that way, and neither do most of the people I served with. We did our duty and came home and we're just regular citizens.

logroller
10-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I guess I just don't see it that way, and neither do most of the people I served with. We did our duty and came home and we're just regular citizens.

I 99.9% sure Marines don't see it that way. Their motto, Semper Fidelis, is a lifetime commitment-- "Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine".

-Cp
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM

Here's more about retired Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas at ABC News:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/marine-confronts-nypd-protest/story?id=14764163

An interview with him:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2yEm87vZ82E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

LuvRPgrl
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM

Apparently the NYPD does, if that had been anybody not wearing the blouse and medals, they wouldnt have let it go on.

I guess the best way to stay safe excercising your right to free speech is to pin some military medals on yourself.

fj1200
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
^No. He didn't do anything wrong plus the cameras alone outnumbered the cops by about 2 to 1

LuvRPgrl
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Tagging on "most of the people I served with" is about as legitimate as hiding behind your wifes skirt to prove you arent a racist.
You DONT have the right to claim what "most of them" believe that , in fact its downright disgusting.
That is one of the few statement here in years of participating that actually pissed me off.
YOU DONT HAVE THE FUCKING GOD DAMN RIGHT TO PUT WORDS IN OTHER MARINES MOUTHS, SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THAT KIND OF TALK.
My son is going to be deployed at the begining of next year and for you to try and tell me what he thinks is the epitamy of arrogance. I would love to see you have that arguement with him, he almost was too big to enlist, it surprised me, but he told me they dont want marines who are too big to perform certain taks.

Thats not to say you arent right about other things, just dont dip your wick into that water again.

Most people here know I dont usually use swear language, but

I would bet that Gunny mostly meant he has that right, and that in serving, he fought to stop anyone from taking it away

^No. He didn't do anything wrong plus the cameras alone outnumbered the cops by about 2 to 1

Sorry to disagree with you bro, but you are partially right. The cameras did have a lot to do with their decision to not get physical with the guy.
But I also "know", they often or almost never would allow someone to preach to them, but they would absolutely get thier asses handed to them by their commander if they were filmed getting too aggressive with a vet.

Abbey Marie
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
-Cp, do you have any comment to make along with posting a video?

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmEHcOc0Sys" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gunny
10-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Did I miss the fight as I was fast forwarding through the video?

If you don't know, why ya' talking shit?

Psychoblues
10-19-2011, 03:17 PM

Zactly, Gunny. Thanks. I haven't made up my mind about fj2000 yet but durmples certainly should know better than the shit he's putting out.

Psychoblues

-Cp
10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
-Cp, do you have any comment to make along with posting a video?

No.. why?

fj1200
10-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Zactly, Gunny. Thanks. I haven't made up my mind about fj2000 yet but durmples certainly should know better than the shit he's putting out.

The video started: no one was bloody
Various points through the video: no one was bloody
End of the video: no one was bloody or in handcuffs

So please point to where he "demolished" the NYPD besides being allowed his rant.

darin
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Is it 'talking shit' to ask "Is this guy a marine, or somebody pretending"? Do you really think I would be one to shit-talk? Seriously?

ConHog
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Is it 'talking shit' to ask "Is this guy a marine, or somebody pretending"? Do you really think I would be one to shit-talk? Seriously?

I dislike the idea of questioning someone's claims of service simply because you disagree with their viewpoint.

darin
10-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I dislike the idea of questioning someone's claims of service simply because you disagree with their viewpoint.

I do, too. when/if I see that, I cringe.

Psychoblues
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
I do, too. when/if I see that, I cringe.

Liar, liar, pants on fire
nose as long as a telephone wire.

Just how small can you get, dumpils?

Psychoblues

darin
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Liar, liar, pants on fire
nose as long as a telephone wire.

Just how small can you get, dumpils?

Psychoblues

That's ad hominem - you're just trying to insult me for no reason, and without any addition to the conversation. Poor guy.

ConHog
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
That's ad hominem - you're just trying to insult me for no reason, and without any addition to the conversation. Poor guy.

Oh bullshit, stop the derailing you anti Islamic reichwing idiot.

Hey did I do that right PyschoBanana?

ConHog
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I'll tell you how to keep me from calling you a liar, dimpgles, stop lying. Is your neggie finger still itching? I had plenty of reason to insult you as you had just insulted me, FOR NO FUCKING REASON!!!!!!!! Silly bitch.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

Prove he lied. The ONLY person I see saying DMP lied is YOU. Seeings as you have no evidence that he lied, I think we can conclude that it is YOU who is lying.

And PS stop fucking whining about neg rep.

darin
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Prove he lied. The ONLY person I see saying DMP lied is YOU. Seeings as you have no evidence that he lied, I think we can conclude that it is YOU who is lying.

And PS stop fucking whining about neg rep.

I moved his post to its own thread, because there was nothing added to the convo. Thanks bro.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?33023-PB-Fantasy-Thread-Bitching-and-lying-about-shit-and-junk&p=499831#post499831

darin
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM

I just want to be clear on something:

Based on the video, I didn't see any evidence the guy WAS/IS a marine. What I saw was a guy yelling about cops, and the cops standing there and taking it. I don't even know if I disagree with the guy, because I couldn't get past the fact what I thought was a fake marine (Wearing DRESS RIBBONS on a BATTLE uniform? Wha?) simply dressing down COPS who seemed to simply be following orders. My questioning his service had ONLY to do with how he seemed to conduct himself in the first vid, and his terrible choice to wear ribbons like that, lookin' all ate-up. That's it.

darin
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM
PB removed from thread.

ConHog
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM
PB removed from thread.

That's the best thing I've read all night. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-19-2011, 10:53 PM
No.. why?

1. We long ago asked people to comment rather than just post videos/articles, etc. It makes for a more interesting and less-spammed board.
2. If you care enough about something to post a video, I would think you would want to share your thoughts on it.

-Cp
10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
1. We long ago asked people to comment rather than just post videos/articles, etc. It makes for a more interesting and less-spammed board.
2. If you care enough about something to post a video, I would think you would want to share your thoughts on it.

Nope.. don't always want to "share my thoughts" - who cares about MY thoughts anyways? It's more fun to post stuff up and read the thoughts of others..:)

Abbey Marie
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Nope.. don't always want to "share my thoughts" - who cares about MY thoughts anyways? It's more fun to post stuff up and read the thoughts of others..:)

I feel so used. :eek:

LuvRPgrl
10-20-2011, 11:22 AM

I think taken in context, there is a legitimate reason to question his claim of service. There is a whole load of bull coming out of that place right now, which would lead any reasonable person to question anything and everything being said, kinda like as if Obama were speaking.

logroller
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
I think taken in context, there is a legitimate reason to question his claim of service. There is a whole load of bull coming out of that place right now, which would lead any reasonable person to question anything and everything being said, kinda like as if Obama were speaking.

Is he even a citizen???:laugh2:

LuvRPgrl
10-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Is he even a citizen???:laugh2:

Obama or the faux soldier?

-Cp
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Obama or the faux soldier?

What evidence do you have that this guy is a "faux soldier"?

LuvRPgrl
10-20-2011, 10:35 PM
What evidence do you have that this guy is a "faux soldier"?

None, I dont know one way or another, either way I have to describe him somehow, and even if he is a legit soldier, calling him a faux soldier aint no big deal, its not like Im on fox news or anything, plus it was in ressponse to a joke, so that also takes the seriousness out of it.