PDA

View Full Version : Detroit struggles to keep lights on

LarryLawrence
10-18-2011, 11:22 AM
The war to keep the lights on in Detroit is a serious one. Thieves, antiquated equipment and a lack of funding have made it impossible for city officials to catch up to the problem.

fj1200
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
I'll bet Detroit has a low gini coefficient along with a reasonable level of wealth concentration.

ConHog
10-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll bet Detroit has a low gini coefficient along with a reasonable level of wealth concentration.

If you want to see what the good people of Detroit do with their wealth, turn on TruTV tonight and watch Hardcore Pawn :laugh2:

fj1200
10-19-2011, 09:34 AM
If you want to see what the good people of Detroit do with their wealth, turn on TruTV tonight and watch Hardcore Pawn :laugh2:

As I don't currently have cable I can only assume that because of the factors I assumed above that the good people of Detroit live in a veritable utopia as relative equality has been assured. They're also a closed-shop state so labor must be quite pleased with their lot.

ConHog
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
As I don't currently have cable I can only assume that because of the factors I assumed above that the good people of Detroit live in a veritable utopia as relative equality has been assured. They're also a closed-shop state so labor must be quite pleased with their lot.

LOL Oh this show is HILARIOUS. Detroit is a shit hole though.

fj1200
10-19-2011, 10:05 AM
LOL Oh this show is HILARIOUS. Detroit is a shit hole though.

I question your judgement good sir. Are you saying that my utopia metrics are not as assumed? Strong labor unions, free access to primary public education, low gini coefficient, reasonable wealth concentration, etc. all point to a happy and productive populace. I hear housing is quite affordable these days as well.

ConHog
10-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I question your judgement good sir. Are you saying that my utopia metrics are not as assumed? Strong labor unions, free access to primary public education, low gini coefficient, reasonable wealth concentration, etc. all point to a happy and productive populace. I hear housing is quite affordable these days as well.

I am saying Detroit is a shit hole. No matter what factors one looks at.

If I were a person who thought maybe race has something to do with it I might point out that any city that has a predominantly black population ends up in a very similar situation. Not trying to be racist about it, just pointing out statistical facts and suggesting that maybe it's time for blacks to look inward and see what they collectively are doing wrong?

fj1200
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Actually it's incredibly sad what's been done to Detroit.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

ConHog
10-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Actually it's incredibly sad what's been done to Detroit.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089,00.html

It is sad; and there really is no excuse for it.

darin
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Thank unions and entitlement society. :(

10-19-2011, 07:11 PM
That's horrible. I cant imagine people letting their city look like that.

We need to seriously change the culture of America. That's the only way to fight this entitlement mentality.