PDA

View Full Version : Are You Smarter Than a Wall Street Occupier?

red states rule
10-19-2011, 03:01 AM
You can't make this stuff up folks. The best and brightest of the far left on display for all to see and laugh at

Over the past month, the crusaders at Zuccotti Park have braved the elements, tussled with police, and stood their ground against Mayor Bloomberg. But how much do the protesters actually know about the economic system that they're fighting to change? To find out, we asked 50 occupiers a series of questions about Wall Street, taxes, and government. The results were mixed. See if you can do better

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/occupy_wall_street_quiz.html

and we have this for additional comic relief

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7WBLnj2iTqw" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

KarlMarx
10-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Man, how come I miss all the good parties? You know? I should of been a left wing loony toon and see? I could of gotten free drugs, slept on the streets, gotten a few good looking chicks' phone numbers, maybe got a case of the crabs, be a public nuisance and health menace. Plus, I could be as irrational and incoherent as I want to be and gotten free media coverage!... maybe I could champion the cause of fig growers in Upstate New York, nah, maybe hmmm, I could call for the liberation of blacksmiths from oppression, no, hmmm, perhaps I could demand the release of Daffy Duck, nah, hmm... then I'd go down and dance to the bongo beat, chant some Tibetan mantras, and go home just in time for "X-Factor"....

it beats looking for a job or going to class. Maybe I should write my thesis on "What I did during my Summer Vacation as an OWS organizer"

Gee, it's so much fun changing the world and society for the better....

You know.. .the more I listen to the OWS demonstrators, the more I'm reminded of the lyrics from some of the songs from Frank Zappa's We're only in it for the money

ConHog
10-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Man, how come I miss all the good parties? You know? I should of been a left wing loony toon and see? I could of gotten free drugs, slept on the streets, gotten a few good looking chicks' phone numbers, maybe got a case of the crabs, be a public nuisance and health menace. Plus, I could be as irrational and incoherent as I want to be and gotten free media coverage!... maybe I could champion the cause of fig growers in Upstate New York, nah, maybe hmmm, I could call for the liberation of blacksmiths from oppression, no, hmmm, perhaps I could demand the release of Daffy Duck, nah, hmm... then I'd go down and dance to the bongo beat, chant some Tibetan mantras, and go home just in time for "X-Factor"....

it beats looking for a job or going to class. Maybe I should write my thesis on "What I did during my Summer Vacation as an OWS organizer"

You know.. .the more I listen to the OWS demonstrators, the more I'm reminded of the lyrics from some of the songs from Frank Zappa's We're only in it for the money

What I find most depressing about their protest is that at no point are they even mentioning cutting government spending in the least. It just defies common sense.

Abbey Marie
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Sounds like Woodstock all over again.

10-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't know everyone who is occupying, but I am going to say yes.

Just a hunch.

easy questions btw. I dont know how you can possibly not know those answers and think you have an informed viewpoint on the market.

KarlMarx
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds like Woodstock all over again.

And I know that the youth of America today is so wonderful, and I'm proud to be part of this gigantic mass deception....

First I'll buy some beads
And then perhaps a leather band to go around my head
Some feathers and bells
And a book of Indian lore
I will ask the Chamber of Commerce how to get to Haight Street
And smoke an awful lot of dope
I will wander around barefoot
I will have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times
I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the s*** out of me on the street ....

What's there to live for?
Who needs the peace corps?
Think I'll just DROP OUT
I'll go to Frisco, buy a wig & sleep on Owsley's floor

Walked past the wig store
Danced at the Fillmore
I'm completely stoned
I'm hippy & I'm trippy, I'm a gypsy on my own
I'll stay a week & get the crabs & take a bus back home
I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned....

Abbey Marie
10-19-2011, 10:54 PM
And I know that the youth of America today is so wonderful, and I'm proud to be part of this gigantic mass deception....

First I'll buy some beads
And then perhaps a leather band to go around my head
Some feathers and bells
And a book of Indian lore
I will ask the Chamber of Commerce how to get to Haight Street
And smoke an awful lot of dope
I will wander around barefoot
I will have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times
I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the s*** out of me on the street ....

What's there to live for?
Who needs the peace corps?
Think I'll just DROP OUT
I'll go to Frisco, buy a wig & sleep on Owsley's floor

Walked past the wig store
Danced at the Fillmore
I'm completely stoned
I'm hippy & I'm trippy, I'm a gypsy on my own
I'll stay a week & get the crabs & take a bus back home
I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned....

Protesting in the 60's, and now, is mostly about getting laid. :laugh:

logroller
10-19-2011, 11:22 PM
In the forum page under recent posts, the thread title was cut short to read "Are you smarter than a wall..." :laugh:

Noir
10-19-2011, 11:46 PM
I remember when I posted a video like the OP and was told a fair few times that such videos were meaningless as they just asked a load of people until they found a couple of fools foolish enough to make everyone look foolish. Hm

red states rule
10-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I remember when I posted a video like the OP and was told a fair few times that such videos were meaningless as they just asked a load of people until they found a couple of fools foolish enough to make everyone look foolish. Hm

Yes Noir, it is bad when things the liberal media will not report end up on the internet

Now if this were Tea Party members, it would have been the lead story on all three networks

DragonStryk72
10-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Holy shit, there are signs of life from OWS. Looking over the article, 14% of OWS people believe there should be 0% tax on dividends and capital gains. I'm actually with that one

Gunny
10-20-2011, 04:34 AM

YOU are meaningless. And a fool.

Got any more brilliant statements?

Noir
10-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Yes Noir, it is bad when things the liberal media will not report end up on the internet

Now if this were Tea Party members, it would have been the lead story on all three networks

Look! A load of tea-party people being interviewed and saying stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I guess all tea-partiers are idiots, right? >,>

/sarcasm

This was just the top video hit I found but I'm sure there are plenty more. I guess both the left and right have people that make their sides look stupid shocker!

Gunny
10-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Look! A load of tea-party people being interviewed and saying stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

/sarcasm

This was just the top video hit I found but I'm sure there are plenty more. I guess both the left and right have people that make their sides look stupid shocker!

Any time you want to nut up and go at it, bring it, boy. No left and/or right to it ... you're from the dumber'n a stick side.

DragonStryk72
10-20-2011, 04:47 AM

Actually, Noir, it was pretty fair. Sure, most didn't know the Dodd-Frank Act, but well, even I didn't know that one off the top of my head, and I took business classes in high school. For the Federal Reserve, most responded no, which was correct, while those that said yes emphasized that the President appoints the board members, which is true. A little over a third knew Bernanke was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. They were mostly right about inflation.

Now, as to Warren, they can be excused, since most OWS people are from NYC, and not Mass, so they wouldn't know her as a senator. Now, I do take issue about not knowing at least the SEC, and how much the tax rate is for the very group they're going after for more taxes is (more than 88% got it wrong). The answers on how much Capital Gains was about where I figured it would be, aside from the one group that apparently wants to do away with the capital gains tax entirely.

The last question though sort of shows where the main disconnect is. 94% assume the military is the biggest expense of our government and it's really not.

red states rule
10-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Another example of liberal logic. Mr Simmons demands OTHERS pay more in taxes for things they may not support - but he says NO to paying more in taxes due to how the money is spent

Yes, he fits in real good with the hippies

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106721" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

red states rule
10-21-2011, 03:25 AM
More on the type of people who are out to change America

Remember this is the left's answer to the Tea Party

A man accused of exposing himself to children at least five times (http://ballard.komonews.com/news/crime/677931-search-man-who-allegedly-exposed-himself-children-5-times) across Seattle was arrested early Tuesday morning.

Seattle police say he was taken into custody at his Kenmore residence around 1 a.m.

Officers had been given a composite sketch of the suspect and detectives learned he had been at Westlake Park taking part in the Occupy Seattle protests. (http://search.komonews.com/default.aspx?ct=r&q=%22occupy+seattle%22&x=0&y=0)

The man is accused of exposing himself three times on Sept. 29 -- once in Crown Hill, once near Alki Beach, and a third time on Capitol Hill. Three days later, he was spotted at Pinehurst Playfield near Northgate, and then again on Oct. 3 at the Lakeside soccer field in North Seattle.

In one instance, the man allegedly approached two 13-year-old girls on swings, made a comment and was engaged in a lewd act when they turned to look, according to police.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/132064518.html

red states rule
10-22-2011, 03:39 AM

/sarcasm

You do not need to interview these idiots to knwo they are idiots. Let their actions do the talking

And please tell me again how these hippies are like the Tea Party

Drunk 11-Year-Old At Occupy Missoula, Adult Arrested

Missoula police say an 11-year-old boy turned up drunk on the courthouse lawn, from the Occupy Missoula encampment early Thursday morning. That's the group protesting corporate greed.
Police say one of the camp's occupants bought the youngster alcohol. Twenty-seven year old John Skinner was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

The police report said Skinner encountered the boy and a friend outside a downtown Missoula bar. Police say the friend asked Skinner to buy them alcohol.

They say Skinner invited the boy and his friend into his tent so he could "keep an eye on him." But they said Skinner didn't call 911 or emergency medical technicians.

Police said the boy had permission to be out late at night. But they found the boy unconscious and vomiting on the courthouse lawn.

Occupy organizers said Skinner arrived at the camp Wednesday and had been drinking. The group has a zero tolerance for drinking alcohol on site. "He assured us that he wasn't, that he had been drinking elsewhere," said camp facilitator Kathleen Kelly.

She said the group gave him a chance to sleep it off in a tent.
Kelly said Occupy Missoula is taking this development very seriously.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/29545387/detail.html

SassyLady
10-23-2011, 12:19 AM
That woman was a HOOT!!!!

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 04:15 AM

/sarcasm

That is an honest video, Noir!!!!!!!!! It is the most accurate portrayal of the most intelligent teabaggers I have ever seen. In Mississippi they are mainly concerned with the Confederate Flag and are absolutely shitting their pants afraid of the "niggers" as they call them.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 04:47 AM
That is an honest video, Noir!!!!!!!!! It is the most accurate portrayal of the most intelligent teabaggers I have ever seen. In Mississippi they are mainly concerned with the Confederate Flag and are absolutely shitting their pants afraid of the "niggers" as they call them.

Psychoblues

Well PB, you keep using that disgusting sexual term to describe those who have a different POV ont he role and size of government - but you keep your big mouth shut on what the hippies are saying, doing, and demanding

It is clear you hate anyone who wants to have the government live on what it takes in - but you don't care about the hippies raping women, destroying private property, getting kids drunk, using drugs, and taking a dump on Police cars

Your priorities are very clear

Whatever helps Obama and the Dems - and the ends justify the means

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Well PB, you keep using that disgusting sexual term to describe those who have a different POV ont he role and size of government - but you keep your big mouth shut on what the hippies are saying, doing, and demanding

It is clear you hate anyone who wants to have the government live on what it takes in - but you don't care about the hippies raping women, destroying private property, getting kids drunk, using drugs, and taking a dump on Police cars

Your priorities are very clear

Whatever helps Obama and the Dems - and the ends justify the means

WTF? You're hilarious, rsr. No, actually you're really sad. I guess it depends on any different POV.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:03 AM
WTF? You're hilarious, rsr. No, actually you're really sad. I guess it depends on any different POV.

Psychoblues

So far you have ignored the posts on what the hippies are demanding (even after asking) and you have not touched any of the threads showing their disregard for the law, the Police, and private property

Typical of you PB

But the rest of us are paying attention and it will show on election day 2012

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 05:31 AM
So far you have ignored the posts on what the hippies are demanding (even after asking) and you have not touched any of the threads showing their disregard for the law, the Police, and private property

Typical of you PB

But the rest of us are paying attention and it will show on election day 2012

Just like the supporters of the teabaggers, I don't respond to cherry picked bullshit from a crowd that is open to all kinds of people. I more appreciate the overall gist of the protests and they actually share most of the concerns with self professed teabaggers. It's amazing how the reichwing media has twisted the ideologies and divided peoples that have so much in common. Par for the course for them.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Just like the supporters of the teabaggers, I don't respond to cherry picked bullshit from a crowd that is open to all kinds of people. I more appreciate the overall gist of the protests and they actually share most of the concerns with self professed teabaggers. It's amazing how the reichwing media has twisted the ideologies and divided peoples that have so much in common. Par for the course for them.

Psychoblues

So you support their demands PB?

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/oct/3/picket-occupy-wall-street-protesters-post-manifest/

and you support their "respect" for the Police? and the filth they are leaving behind for others to clean up?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/08/article-2046586-0E481DB700000578-865_634x366.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046586/Occupy-Wall-Street-Shocking-photos-protester-defecating-POLICE-CAR.html#ixzz1aTc8tXcL

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 05:56 AM
So you support their demands PB?

and you support their "respect" for the Police? and the filth they are leaving behind for others to clean up?

Actually, I do support some that and more in rather modified form. But, I take it seriously while you and your ilk tend to ridiculously ridicule it without thoughts of your own exposures.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Actually, I do support some that and more in rather modified form. But, I take it seriously while you and your ilk tend to ridiculously ridicule it without thoughts of your own exposures.

Psychoblues

Which one do you support PB? I made it easy for you

I would love for you to explain how any of those would improve the Obama economy

and as far as the hippies being the left's answer to the TEa Party, when have Tea Party attendees ever said they would use violence to attain their goals?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204479504576637082965745362.html

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Which one do you support PB? I made it easy for you

I would love for you to explain how any of those would improve the Obama economy

and as far as the hippies being the left's answer to the TEa Party, when have Tea Party attendees ever said they would use violence to attain their goals?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204479504576637082965745362.html

The bastards brought guns, assault weapons and all kinds of implements designed only to intimidate those around them to various gatherings. The super bitch in Nevada even threatened using 2nd amendment remedies to straighten out political issues with which she and her ilk were/are not in agreement. They cursed and spat upon congresspeople with whom they had political disagreements or was it something more primal than that? Etc., etc., etc.

You're either blind or a complete dumbass, rsr. And I know you ain't blind.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:27 AM
The bastards brought guns, assault weapons and all kinds of implements designed only to intimidate those around them to various gatherings. The super bitch in Nevada even threatened using 2nd amendment remedies to straighten out political issues with which she and her ilk were/are not in agreement. They cursed and spat upon congresspeople with whom they had political disagreements or was it something more primal than that? Etc., etc., etc.

You're either blind or a complete dumbass, rsr. And I know you ain't blind.

Psychoblues

So in other words, you refuse to say what demands the hippies are making you support, and go on the attack. Very typical when you are boxed into a corner and asked direct questions

OK, it was black gun who carried a gun to a Tea Party rally and MSNBC croped the pic as not to show it was a black guy

Not on TV camera was able to produce video of anyone spitting on the Dem Rep PB. Not one and there were several

Gov Brewer was wrong to make such a stupid comment PB

Oh, and we have hippies exposing themselfes to kids

and some of the hippies are hired to protest

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occupy-wall-street-is-creating-jobs-astroturf-jobs/

The Dem convention will be interesting if the hippies travel to the convention site. the Police are worried as they should be. Could we have a reply of the 1968 convention held in Chicago?

http://www.newser.com/story/131412/charlotte-training-cops-for-riot-duty-ahead-of-dnc.html

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 06:47 AM
So in other words, you refuse to say what demands the hippies are making you support, and go on the attack. Very typical when you are boxed into a corner and asked direct questions

OK, it was black gun who carried a gun to a Tea Party rally and MSNBC croped the pic as not to show it was a black guy

Not on TV camera was able to produce video of anyone spitting on the Dem Rep PB. Not one and there were several

Gov Brewer was wrong to make such a stupid comment PB

Oh, and we have hippies exposing themselfes to kids

and some of the hippies are hired to protest

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occupy-wall-street-is-creating-jobs-astroturf-jobs/

The Dem convention will be interesting if the hippies travel to the convention site. the Police are worried as they should be. Could we have a reply of the 1968 convention held in Chicago?

http://www.newser.com/story/131412/charlotte-training-cops-for-riot-duty-ahead-of-dnc.html

For whatever reason, you never impress me, rsr. Maybe it's the hyperbole, or the hypocrisy?

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:53 AM
For whatever reason, you never impress me, rsr. Maybe it's the hyperbole, or the hypocrisy?

Psychoblues

I am not out to impress you PB. I am trying (in vain) to have a discussion with you. You have your "I'm part of the 99%" by your name but you will not even tell me which demands of the hippies you support

You whine about the Tea Party yet you say nothing about the hippies trashing private property, raping women, taking a dump on Polcie cars, promising violence, leaving behind tons of trash in their wake, and yet you say you support them

I am asking why you support them

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 07:16 AM
I am not out to impress you PB. I am trying (in vain) to have a discussion with you. You have your "I'm part of the 99%" by your name but you will not even tell me which demands of the hippies you support

You whine about the Tea Party yet you say nothing about the hippies trashing private property, raping women, taking a dump on Polcie cars, promising violence, leaving behind tons of trash in their wake, and yet you say you support them

I am asking why you support them

Your hyperbole and cherry picking of events is disgusting, rsr. As far as your trying in vain to have a discussion with me is concerned, I have tried many times and watched for years attempts by others to engage you in sensible conversation and there simply is no such thing. You are like a mule with blinders on. It really is pretty sad.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Your hyperbole and cherry picking of events is disgusting, rsr. As far as your trying in vain to have a discussion with me is concerned, I have tried many times and watched for years attempts by others to engage you in sensible conversation and there simply is no such thing. You are like a mule with blinders on. It really is pretty sad.

Psychoblues

You are amazing PB. I liost the hippies demands (taken from their website) and you refuse to say which ones you support

I suspect even you can see their demands are insane and would cripple the already badly damaged Obama economy

I have posted many examples of what the hippies are actually doing and you dismiss it as cherrypicking

I post those since the liberal media has "reported" the hippies are the left's answer to the tea Party. Yet I did not see Tea Party people raping women, trashing the area they were at, there were no arrests that I am aware of at Tea Party rallies, and I do not recall city officials having to evict Tea Party people

So carry on with your BS PB, and you will continue to wonder why people so not take you seriously

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 07:57 AM
You are amazing PB. I liost the hippies demands (taken from their website) and you refuse to say which ones you support

I suspect even you can see their demands are insane and would cripple the already badly damaged Obama economy

I have posted many examples of what the hippies are actually doing and you dismiss it as cherrypicking

I post those since the liberal media has "reported" the hippies are the left's answer to the tea Party. Yet I did not see Tea Party people raping women, trashing the area they were at, there were no arrests that I am aware of at Tea Party rallies, and I do not recall city officials having to evict Tea Party people

So carry on with your BS PB, and you will continue to wonder why people so not take you seriously

Seriously, rsr. Do you think you are taken seriously by most on this board? You are entertainment at best. Bad and stupid entertainment but that is what makes the board interesting, sometimes!!!

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Seriously, rsr. Do you think you are taken seriously by most on this board? You are entertainment at best. Bad and stupid entertainment but that is what makes the board interesting, sometimes!!!

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

You ducked the direct questions once again. You are so predictable PB :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
You ducked the direct questions once again. You are so predictable PB :laugh2:

So you admit that you are bad entertainment at best. What a freaking hoot!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 08:38 AM
So you admit that you are bad entertainment at best. What a freaking hoot!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Is that you talking or are you on sauce this early in the morning? :laugh2:

One last time PB

red states rule
10-24-2011, 02:16 AM
The hippies are so civil, and really embody how the left views America

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ANT89jak_w" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>