PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews shills for Herman Cain`s opportunity zones!

johnwk
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
SEE: Cain Adds to ‘9-9-9’ Plan, Angering Unions (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/20/cain-adds-to-plan-angering-unions/)

“Taking aim at minimum wage laws, union protections, and even local building codes, Herman Cain has put the finishing touches on the last missing piece of his signature “9-9-9” plan – an elaborate proposal to create “opportunity zones” in inner-city America that the GOP presidential candidate will unveil during a major campaign appearance in Detroit on Friday morning.”

The first thing to note is how FoxNews immediately attempts to frame and limit the discussion, i.e., Herman Cain vs. those evil Unions. But why are unions now considered to be “evil”? Is it not because they threaten a free market system and wish to exert extraordinary power to impose their will?

And just what are Herman Cain’s “opportunity zones” which he originally called “empowerment zones”? Are they not a proposal to have the federal government enter each of the united States, designate particular geographical locations as an “opportunity zone”, and then interfere with the internal commerce of each State just as unions now do?

If Herman Cain were a defender of our once free market system, he would not be proposing the enlargement of the federal government’s meddling within each State’s borders under the innocuous name “opportunity zones“ which he proposes to use to pick winners and losers and enforce unequal law based upon a geographical location’s economic conditions. Did we not just learn the consequences of allowing the federal government to pick winners and losers under Obama’s Solyndra deal, which was used to plunder our federal treasury?

And, how long would it take before Herman Cain’s opportunity zones if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act?

What Mr. Cain needs to answer with regard to his proposal has nothing to do with unions. Unfortunately, our establishment media will not put Herman Cain on the spot and remind Herman that our federal Constitution declares in crystal clear language that:

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear or pay Duties in another. So, what part of Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6 does Herman Cain not understand?

And if Article 1, Section 9. Clause 6 is not clear enough for Mr. Cain to understand the founder‘s intentions, and that our federal government is one of defined and limited powers, what part of Federalist No. 45 does Mr. Cain not understand which summarizes our federal government’s job as follows?

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

And if the above is not clear enough that our founders intentions were to forbid the federal government from entering the States and interfering with their internal affairs and commerce, what part of the Tenth Amendment does Mr. Cain not understand?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people.

Finally, if the above has not sent the message to Mr. Cain that his proposal is tyranny with a smiley-face, then perhaps Herman ought to read what our Supreme Court stated shortly after the Tenth Amendment was adopted:

The government of the United States is of the latter description. The powers of the legislature are defined and limited; and that those limits may not be mistaken or forgotten, the constitution is written. To what purpose are powers limited, and to what purpose is that limitation committed to writing; if these limits may, at any time, be passed by those intended to be restrained? The distinction between a government with limited and unlimited powers is abolished, if those limits do not confine the persons on whom they are imposed, and if acts prohibited and acts allowed are of equal obligation. It is a proposition too plain to be contested, that the constitution controls any legislative act repugnant to it; or, that the legislature may alter the constitution by an ordinary act.

Between these alternatives there is no middle ground. The constitution is either a superior, paramount law, unchangeable by ordinary means, or it is on a level with ordinary legislative acts, and like other acts, is alterable when the legislature shall please to alter it.

If the former part of the alternative be true, then a legislative act contrary to the constitution is not law: if the latter part be true, then written constitutions are absurd attempts, on the part of the people, to limit a power in its own nature illimitable

Certainly all those who have framed written constitutions contemplate them as forming the fundamental and paramount law of the nation, and consequently the theory of every such government must be, that an act of the legislature repugnant to the constitution is void. ____ MARBURY v. MADISON, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)

So tell us Mr. Cain, what constitutional authority would you be acting under when meddling in a State’s internal commerce and granting preferential treatment within a state based upon a geographical location’s economic circumstances?

Why not simply support the 32 word plan:: The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money which would return us to our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360) as our founders intended it to operate, and was designed to encourage Congress to protect a free market system and paved the way for America to become the economic marvel of the world, when it was adhered to?

JWK

"If the Constitution was ratified under the belief, sedulously propagated on all sides, that such protection was afforded, would it not now be a fraud upon the whole people to give a different construction to its powers?"___ Justice Story

fj1200
10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
What was wrong with your other HC OZ thread? Are you going to end up ignoring this one as well?

DragonStryk72
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
What was wrong with your other HC OZ thread? Are you going to end up ignoring this one as well?

Of course he will, just as soon as everyone starts pointing the obvious flaws in his plans, like always. Did he already do "Had in his labors" yet? I think we should start a counter.

fj1200
10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
SEE: Cain Adds to ‘9-9-9’ Plan, Angering Unions (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/20/cain-adds-to-plan-angering-unions/)

I missed this helpful link the first time though, Cain just starts looking better and better:

To qualify for zone status under Cain’s plan, a given jurisdiction will have to enact policies the unions consider anathema – such as the elimination of the minimum wage, the provision of school vouchers, or the declaration of a zone as a “right-to-work” area.
At times, the document appears to stray from conventional conservative rhetoric. “Opportunity Zones must reverse counter-productive incentives and bureaucratic micromanagement created by Democrats and Republicans alike,” the document states. “Access to contracts and capital is skewed towards big business….All building codes, regulations, restrictions, and requirements should be reviewed from the standpoint of whether they impede economic growth.”
In its first phase, the plan would effectively scrap America’s Byzantine tax code and replace it with three across-the-board-tax rates (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/20/cain-adds-to-plan-angering-unions/#) of 9 percent -- imposed equally, and neutrally, on all individuals, corporations and national sales.
Seldom noted is the plan’s second phase. After an unspecified duration of Phase One – “as long as it takes,” from two years to a decade, a Cain adviser told Fox News – the 9 percent individual and corporate taxes would be eliminated entirely, leaving the nation with only the national sales tax.
In inner cities, the adviser said, current policies impose an effective marginal tax rate of more than 70 percent on the poor.

“Taxes alone will not solve the problem,” the adviser said. “If the zones knock down barriers to growth, we will match that with incentives.”

johnwk
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I missed this helpful link the first time though, Cain just starts looking better and better:

I’m sure Herman looks good to you, especially his version of “spread the wealth”.

JWK

fj1200
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I’m sure Herman looks good to you, especially his version of “spread the wealth”.

JWK

How is he spreading wealth? Seems like he's creating a tax plan that will fund the workings of government; which is the reason for taxes BTW. His EZ plan also is a method for reducing the complexities of government for those areas and people that need it the most.

LuvRPgrl
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM

JWK

doo doo

johnwk
10-21-2011, 03:18 PM
How is he spreading wealth? Seems like he's creating a tax plan that will fund the workings of government; which is the reason for taxes BTW. His EZ plan also is a method for reducing the complexities of government for those areas and people that need it the most.

I pointed that out at the top of the thread. Herman is proposing to spread the wealth by picking winners and losers, just like Obama has done with the Solyndra deal used to plunder our federal treasury. Under Herman’s deal your get to be tax free if you live in one of his “opportunity zones”, and those not living in such zones get to shoulder the extra burden in financing the functions of the federal government.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain! No additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington.

fj1200
10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I pointed that out at the top of the thread. Herman is proposing to spread the wealth by picking winners and losers, just like Obama has done with the Solyndra deal used to plunder our federal treasury. Under Herman’s deal your get to be tax free if you live in one of his “opportunity zones”, and those not living in such zones get to shoulder the extra burden in financing the functions of the federal government.

Based on your perverse definition practically anything falls into that category. Your own proclamations of taxation the 1789 way even fall into that category or at the very least allow for it. The issue here is that there are some areas in this country which have completely fallen through the cracks in experiencing economic growth so in some cases drastic action should be taken to help remedy that.

Would it be great if everyone could be taxed completely fairly with everyone having the same opportunities for economic advancement? Yes, but then your advancement for the ideal to the detriment of the possible will never allow for the advancement of the possible.

johnwk
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Getting back to Herman Cain’s opportunity zones:

QUESTION:

Aside from unequal tax law, how long would it take before Herman Cain’s “opportunity zones” if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act?

And, what will happen when a Democrat is president under Cain’s “opportunity zones”? Will Republican States be designated as having “opportunity zones”?

Why does Herman Cain want to add a new mix in the Washington Establishment’s class warfare game?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain! No additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington.

fj1200
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM

:laugh:

DragonStryk72
10-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I;m sitting this round out. I'll let you take it.

Psychoblues
10-21-2011, 11:40 PM

I can only suppose you have something actually intelligent to say?

Psychoblues

LuvRPgrl
10-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Based on your perverse definition practically anything falls into that category. Your own proclamations of taxation the 1789 way even fall into that category or at the very least allow for it. The issue here is that there are some areas in this country which have completely fallen through the cracks in experiencing economic growth so in some cases drastic action should be taken to help remedy that.

Would it be great if everyone could be taxed completely fairly with everyone having the same opportunities for economic advancement? Yes, but then your advancement for the ideal to the detriment of the possible will never allow for the advancement of the possible.

actually, you are right, (look at that, we agree on something!:cool: ). IN fact, it is impossible to not have a "spreading of the wealth" by fwk's use of the term, because if you did make it even for everyone, then the libs would be bitching endlessly that the rich arent paying their fair share.

They would never let that happen.
Problem is, who and how is it decided whats fair?

LuvRPgrl
10-22-2011, 01:10 AM

Psychoblues

R U slurring those words?:cool:

fj1200
10-22-2011, 06:50 AM

And I can only suppose that you do not.

johnwk
10-22-2011, 07:34 AM
When it comes to taxes Herman Cain is all over the map and keeps changing his crap. See Don’t be VAT stupid (http://www.redstate.com/thehermancain/2010/11/21/dont-be-vat-stupid/) in which he decries a national sales tax. Then, when time passes, he comes out in favor of the “fairtax”. But when he sees too many people objecting to putting every American family on a monthly government subsistence check under the fairtax family consumption entitlement, and that the fairtax must be put into operation before the 16th Amendment will be repealed [which the people aren’t buying], then Cain comes up with some new crap, the 9-9-9 plan, and goes back to supporting a national sales tax. And then when people complain a national sales tax is regressive and would “hurt the poor”, Cain comes up with additional new crap, “opportunity zones”, giving a free ride to those living in his designated “opportunity zones”.

Herman Cain was a big supporter of TARP and bailing out banks. And this is consistent with his attack on a free market system with his "opportunity zones'. And now, he is all in favor of taxing the rich and giving a free ride to those living in his “opportunity zones” . Cain is another welfare pimp speaking out both sides of his mouth in order to further his own political ambitions.

JWK

fj1200
10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
When it comes to taxes Herman Cain is all over the map and keeps changing his crap. See Don’t be VAT stupid (http://www.redstate.com/thehermancain/2010/11/21/dont-be-vat-stupid/) in which he decries a national sales tax.

Is there any particular reason that you don't defend your points here? Nevertheless, I'm not sure if you didn't read his op-ed, didn't understand it, or wanted in particular to mischaracterize it. I'll wait for you to reconcile this particular part of his piece:

A national retail sales tax on top of all the confusing and unfair taxes we have today is insane! It gives the out-of-control bureaucrats and politicians in denial one more tool to lie, deceive, manipulate and destroy this country.

Besides, there are particular differences between a VAT and a sales tax.

johnwk
10-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Is there any particular reason that you don't defend your points here? Nevertheless, I'm not sure if you didn't read his op-ed, didn't understand it, or wanted in particular to mischaracterize it. I'll wait for you to reconcile this particular part of his piece:Besides, there are particular differences between a VAT and a sales tax. You have offered nothing for me to “reconcile”. Herman is now proposing a new tax, a national sales tax, in addition to taxing corporate profits and incomes, including the wages working people earn when selling the property each has in their labor. Herman Cain admitted in the article his existing plan is “insane!” What part of that do you not understand? JWK

fj1200
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
You have offered nothing for me to “reconcile”. Herman is now proposing a new tax, a national sales tax, in addition to taxing corporate profits and incomes, including the wages working people earn when selling the property each has in their labor. Herman Cain admitted in the article his existing plan is “insane!” What part of that do you not understand? JWK

There it is. That's bingo DS.

I understand that you mischaracterize his position, the question is why.

DragonStryk72
10-22-2011, 01:21 PM
There it is. That's bingo DS.

I understand that you mischaracterize his position, the question is why.

My god, you'd think he would at least stop re-hashing the line we take the piss out of him on repeatedly

johnwk
10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Well isn’t this peachy? We now see Rick Perry, like the rest of our Republican Party Candidates, is another Washington Establishment Hobson’s Choice flunky who promises to keep alive the Establishment’s source of evil and corrupt power which is wielded through the Marxist income tax, and is manipulated through clever definitions of “taxable income“ which is the Establishment’s tool used to direct the tax at whomever they please.

And tell me, which one of our beloved “Republican candidates” offers to drive a steak through the heart of the “progressive’s” income tax with the following words:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

Or better yet, which one of our “conservative” talk show hosts advocates the above words to be added to our Constitution which would end the “progressive’s” occupation of America which began in 1913, and would restore our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360)? Has Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Doc Thompson, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz. Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, etc., ever advocated or even discussed a return to our Constitution’s original tax plan and laid out how it worked to control Congress or how its rule of apportionment prevented the progressive's class warfare game?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: no additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington!

DragonStryk72
10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Well isn’t this peachy? We now see Rick Perry, like the rest of our Republican Party Candidates, is another Washington Establishment Hobson’s Choice flunky who promises to keep alive the Establishment’s source of evil and corrupt power which is wielded through the Marxist income tax, and is manipulated through clever definitions of “taxable income“ which is the Establishment’s tool used to direct the tax at whomever they please.

And tell me, which one of our beloved “Republican candidates” offers to drive a steak through the heart of the “progressive’s” income tax with the following words:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

Or better yet, which one of our “conservative” talk show hosts advocates the above words to be added to our Constitution which would end the “progressive’s” occupation of America which began in 1913, and would restore our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360)? Has Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Doc Thompson, Schnitt, Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Bill O'rielly, Mike Gallagher, Lee Rodgers, Neal Boortz. Tammy Bruce, Monica Crowley, etc., ever advocated or even discussed a return to our Constitution’s original tax plan and laid out how it worked to control Congress or how its rule of apportionment prevented the progressive's class warfare game?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: no additional sales tax on top of income taxes to feed the beast in Washington!

Ah yes, and we're back to putting up the unworkable tax plan that'll screw over the hard-working poor. Was wondering how long that would take.

fj1200
10-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Ah yes, and we're back to putting up the unworkable tax plan that'll screw over the hard-working poor. Was wondering how long that would take.

I'm surprised it took this long but at least he had the good sense to not start another thread.

red states rule
10-26-2011, 03:59 AM
You know the tax code is bad when the IRS Chief needs help

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/mary-kate-cary/2010/04/21/how-confusing-is-the-tax-code-even-the-irs-chief-gets-help

red states rule
10-26-2011, 04:13 AM
When it comes to taxes Herman Cain is all over the map and keeps changing his crap. See Don’t be VAT stupid (http://www.redstate.com/thehermancain/2010/11/21/dont-be-vat-stupid/) in which he decries a national sales tax. Then, when time passes, he comes out in favor of the “fairtax”. But when he sees too many people objecting to putting every American family on a monthly government subsistence check under the fairtax family consumption entitlement, and that the fairtax must be put into operation before the 16th Amendment will be repealed [which the people aren’t buying], then Cain comes up with some new crap, the 9-9-9 plan, and goes back to supporting a national sales tax. And then when people complain a national sales tax is regressive and would “hurt the poor”, Cain comes up with additional new crap, “opportunity zones”, giving a free ride to those living in his designated “opportunity zones”.

Herman Cain was a big supporter of TARP and bailing out banks. And this is consistent with his attack on a free market system with his "opportunity zones'. And now, he is all in favor of taxing the rich and giving a free ride to those living in his “opportunity zones” . Cain is another welfare pimp speaking out both sides of his mouth in order to further his own political ambitions.

JWK

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg102511dAPR20111025034610.jpg

johnwk
10-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Why are so many comfortable with the occupation of the united States by progressives which started in 1913 with the 16th Amendment? As a matter of fact, it seems as though the Republican Party Leadership is just fine with maintaining the occupation with federal taxes calculated from “incomes“. It’s been a very long time since 1913 and not one Republican in all these years, including those now running for president, has ever brought a bill to the House floor to undue the progressive’s occupation using the following words:

And I suspect they refuse to work to repeal the 16th Amendment as stated above because they are part of the problem, and there would be such overwhelming support by the people if such a proposal was made that it would have to be passed and the Washington Establishment, including the Republican Party RINO leadership, would lose the despotic iron fist they now wield over America’s businesses and working people using taxes calculated from “incomes”

Ever since 1913 our country has been moving in one direction and its not back to the defined and limited powers enumerated in our Constitution, nor our Constitution’s original tax plan! Witness our current presidential candidates each of whom refuses to proposes withdrawing Congress‘ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from “incomes“. All they do is propose to exercise this despotic power in a different manner which changes the winners and losers and thus excites the class warfare game which further divides the people.

As I have stated so many times, the leadership of both political parties have learned to play the class warfare game in concert and to perfection.

JWK

LuvRPgrl
10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
You have offered nothing for me to “reconcile”. Herman is now proposing a new tax, a national sales tax, in addition to taxing corporate profits and incomes, including the wages working people earn when selling the property each has in their labor. Herman Cain admitted in the article his existing plan is “insane!” What part of that do you not understand? JWK

Ya know, Hermain Cain aint no idiot. I cannot possibly understand or imagine any possible scenario where he would call his own plan insane unless..
1 It is taken out of context
2 He doesnt want to win
3 you are accidentally or intentionally mis quoting him

Now, even you dont think number 2 is possible do you?

LuvRPgrl
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Alot of people dont realize is that libs in govt like for these things to be complex, kinda like the election rules they have passed, because it makes it more difficult to spot real fraud.

LuvRPgrl
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM

ery
actually, no Ideal is possible, cuz it would have to include "fair" for every one, and that will never be agreed upon by anyone.

BUT I HAVE TO SAY, I REALLY DO LIKE THAT LAST SENTENCE

DragonStryk72
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Why are so many comfortable with the occupation of the united States by progressives which started in 1913 with the 16th Amendment? As a matter of fact, it seems as though the Republican Party Leadership is just fine with maintaining the occupation with federal taxes calculated from “incomes“. It’s been a very long time since 1913 and not one Republican in all these years, including those now running for president, has ever brought a bill to the House floor to undue the progressive’s occupation using the following words:

And I suspect they refuse to work to repeal the 16th Amendment as stated above because they are part of the problem, and there would be such overwhelming support by the people if such a proposal was made that it would have to be passed and the Washington Establishment, including the Republican Party RINO leadership, would lose the despotic iron fist they now wield over America’s businesses and working people using taxes calculated from “incomes”

Ever since 1913 our country has been moving in one direction and its not back to the defined and limited powers enumerated in our Constitution, nor our Constitution’s original tax plan! Witness our current presidential candidates each of whom refuses to proposes withdrawing Congress‘ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from “incomes“. All they do is propose to exercise this despotic power in a different manner which changes the winners and losers and thus excites the class warfare game which further divides the people.

As I have stated so many times, the leadership of both political parties have learned to play the class warfare game in concert and to perfection.

JWK

Yeah, see, you're just flatly delusional here, and willfully so. You simply refuse to accept any tax plan except the single one you are on here shilling for every time we hear from you. Many people on this site see the progressive income tax system as broken and wrong, but see, here's the difference: We put forth viable solutions. You do not, and will not, adapt to the times you are in, the antithesis of what our Founders believed in.

fj1200
10-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Alot of people dont realize is that libs in govt like for these things to be complex, kinda like the election rules they have passed, because it makes it more difficult to spot real fraud.

I'd say they just need to cement the source of their power.

johnwk
10-27-2011, 07:16 AM
I was disappointed last evening that Herman Cain while on the Sean Hannity show did not address many unanswered questions about his “opportunity zones”, especially how the idea conflicts with the founder’s intentions expressed in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6; how the idea picks winners and losers in that people living in an “opportunity zones” are relieved from paying taxes which those outside an “opportunity zone” must pay, and would enforce other preferential regulations of commerce in defiance of our Constitution.

And these questions do not even take into account how long it would take before Cain’s “opportunity zones” if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act. And, if a State does not comply with the federal government’s whims and fancies would their “opportunity zone” status be revoked?

And, what will happen when a Democrat is president under Cain’s “opportunity zones”? Will Republican States be designated as having “opportunity zones” or will blue states be privileged to receive such status while red States are left out to dry? Have we not learned our lesson from Obama’s Solyndra deal how friends are rewarded by folks in government and enemies are left to pay the tab? Why is Herman so eager to pick winners and losers, interfere with our free market system and wants to further undermine federalism, our Constitution’s plan?

Why does Herman Cain want to add a new weapon for the Washington Establishment to use in its ongoing class warfare game?

But more importantly, why did Sean Hannity give Herman a pass and avoid asking any of the tough questions concerning Herman’s proposed “opportunity zones” and was more interested in Herman’s smoking add? Something is not right when our “conservative” media personalities give a wolf in sheep’s clothing a pass.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain. No additional sales tax on top of income taxes!

fj1200
10-27-2011, 08:23 AM
And the beat goes on.

johnwk
10-28-2011, 07:29 AM
In regard to Herman Cain’s proposed “opportunity zones”, not only would they violate the Constitution, but they are a very bad idea in respect to the power that would be exercised by our folks in Washington and how that power would affect our political system!

I object to the federal government entering my state and using the force of the federal government to pick winners and losers by allowing people living in an federally designated “opportunity zone” to be relieved from paying federal taxes, while those living outside a federally designated “opportunity zone” will be forced to pay those federal taxes.

I object to “opportunity zones” in that our federal government would be granting preferential regulations of commerce in defiance of our founder’s intentions stated in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6; of our Constitution: No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear or pay Duties in another.

I object to “opportunity zones” being designated by our federal government in that such power opens the door for the federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act. If a State does not comply with the federal government’s whims and fancies within a designated “opportunity zone” or something related to the “opportunity zone”, is it not obvious from history the threat of revoking a State’s “opportunity zone” status hangs in the balance?

And, what can we expect when a particular party is in power in Washington? Will the States controlled by the opposite party be granted “opportunity zone” status, or will they be passed upon in favor of States whose political party controls Washington? The answer seems quite clear judging from Obama’s Solyndra deal and how friends are rewarded by folks in government and enemies are left to pay the tab.

I also object to our folks in Washington interfering with our free market system, picking winners and losers, and undermining the protections of federalism, our Constitution’s plan.

If Herman Cain, or any of our Republican candidates were sincere about wanting to offer a “bold plan” designed to end the class warfare game carried out under income taxation and unleash America’s free market so it could do its magic, they would be promoting the 32 word plan which would re-establish our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360) as our founders intended it to operate:

Unfortunately none of our Republican Washington Establishment Hobson’s Choice candidates are willing to relinquish the despotic power and evil control which is exercised under a tax calculated from profits, gains, salaries and other “incomes”. And none of our Republican Party candidates are willing to end the “Progressive’s” occupation of America which began in 1913 with the 16th Amendment.

JWK

Gunny
10-28-2011, 08:02 AM

QUESTION:

Aside from unequal tax law, how long would it take before Herman Cain’s “opportunity zones” if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act?

And, what will happen when a Democrat is president under Cain’s “opportunity zones”? Will Republican States be designated as having “opportunity zones”?

Why does Herman Cain want to add a new mix in the Washington Establishment’s class warfare game?

JWK

Let's don't. Let's stick with your accusation under the pretense that taxes haven't ALWAYS funded the federal government; therefore, Cain is somehow different than the rest. In other words, Cain's way is worse just because he's Cain.

At least he's got a plan, unlike the current "spend as I go" Prez.

DragonStryk72
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I was disappointed last evening that Herman Cain while on the Sean Hannity show did not address many unanswered questions about his “opportunity zones”, especially how the idea conflicts with the founder’s intentions expressed in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6; how the idea picks winners and losers in that people living in an “opportunity zones” are relieved from paying taxes which those outside an “opportunity zone” must pay, and would enforce other preferential regulations of commerce in defiance of our Constitution.

And these questions do not even take into account how long it would take before Cain’s “opportunity zones” if allowed to be implemented would be used by our federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act. And, if a State does not comply with the federal government’s whims and fancies would their “opportunity zone” status be revoked?

And, what will happen when a Democrat is president under Cain’s “opportunity zones”? Will Republican States be designated as having “opportunity zones” or will blue states be privileged to receive such status while red States are left out to dry? Have we not learned our lesson from Obama’s Solyndra deal how friends are rewarded by folks in government and enemies are left to pay the tab? Why is Herman so eager to pick winners and losers, interfere with our free market system and wants to further undermine federalism, our Constitution’s plan?

Why does Herman Cain want to add a new weapon for the Washington Establishment to use in its ongoing class warfare game?

But more importantly, why did Sean Hannity give Herman a pass and avoid asking any of the tough questions concerning Herman’s proposed “opportunity zones” and was more interested in Herman’s smoking add? Something is not right when our “conservative” media personalities give a wolf in sheep’s clothing a pass.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain. No additional sales tax on top of income taxes!

Right, so basically, you have no defense for you stance, and can only piss on others' attempts to improve things. Way to go.

DragonStryk72
10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
In regard to Herman Cain’s proposed “opportunity zones”, not only would they violate the Constitution, but they are a very bad idea in respect to the power that would be exercised by our folks in Washington and how that power would affect our political system!

I object to the federal government entering my state and using the force of the federal government to pick winners and losers by allowing people living in an federally designated “opportunity zone” to be relieved from paying federal taxes, while those living outside a federally designated “opportunity zone” will be forced to pay those federal taxes.

I object to “opportunity zones” in that our federal government would be granting preferential regulations of commerce in defiance of our founder’s intentions stated in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 6; of our Constitution: No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear or pay Duties in another.

I object to “opportunity zones” being designated by our federal government in that such power opens the door for the federal government to blackmail the states as is now done with federal highway funds, or the more recent No Child Left Behind Act. If a State does not comply with the federal government’s whims and fancies within a designated “opportunity zone” or something related to the “opportunity zone”, is it not obvious from history the threat of revoking a State’s “opportunity zone” status hangs in the balance?

And, what can we expect when a particular party is in power in Washington? Will the States controlled by the opposite party be granted “opportunity zone” status, or will they be passed upon in favor of States whose political party controls Washington? The answer seems quite clear judging from Obama’s Solyndra deal and how friends are rewarded by folks in government and enemies are left to pay the tab.

I also object to our folks in Washington interfering with our free market system, picking winners and losers, and undermining the protections of federalism, our Constitution’s plan.

If Herman Cain, or any of our Republican candidates were sincere about wanting to offer a “bold plan” designed to end the class warfare game carried out under income taxation and unleash America’s free market so it could do its magic, they would be promoting the 32 word plan which would re-establish our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360) as our founders intended it to operate:

Unfortunately none of our Republican Washington Establishment Hobson’s Choice candidates are willing to relinquish the despotic power and evil control which is exercised under a tax calculated from profits, gains, salaries and other “incomes”. And none of our Republican Party candidates are willing to end the “Progressive’s” occupation of America which began in 1913 with the 16th Amendment.

JWK

So, again, you're shilling the unworkable 200-year old tax plan that even our Founders would admit is outdated these days.