PDA

View Full Version : US out of Iraq by end of year, says Obama Admin

logroller
10-21-2011, 12:41 PM
http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE79K4P820111021?irpc=932

fj1200
10-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Because Iraq is stable or because 2012 is an election year? Hopefully the former.

logroller
10-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Because Iraq is stable or because 2012 is an election year? Hopefully the former.

Not according to the article. It said top Iraqis, speaking privately, said they wish the US would continue in assisting with security.

fj1200
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Be careful what we wish for.

jimnyc
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Didn't we hear something along those lines when this fucking idiot was running for the last election? He's more transparent than his teleprompters.

Abbey Marie
10-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Obama is afraid of losing his base for the election unless he withdraws troops. Yup, Jim, transparent is the word.

Monkeybone
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
All we need now is the economy to turn around and he has an awesome chance for four more years..... crap...

Psychoblues
10-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Our military mission was done in Iraq the day Saddam Hussein was captured. Everything else has been for stabilization purposes and now their top leadership and ours agree that is accomplished. Blowing off the President Barack Hussein Obama only makes you dumbasses look very weak.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-22-2011, 02:08 AM
PB, where did you get the Iraq leadership wants the US out of the country? MSNBC? an Obama speech? Looks like Obama was trying to make a deal with them to keep the troops there past 2012

Here is want the AP reported:

Iraqi leaders want American military trainers to stay in the country beyond the year-end deadline for American troops to leave, but said the forces should not be given immunity as the U.S. has demanded.

The Iraqi political leaders said they agreed on the need for the U.S. trainers to stay, but noted they would deny the remaining troops immunity from Iraqi law, the Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_IRAQ?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-04-17-32-06) reported Tuesday. This could mark a deal breaker for the U.S. — the Pentagon has said immunity from prosecution is critical for keeping troops in the country.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65191.html#ixzz1bUZop7LO (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65191.html#ixzz1bUZop7LO)

Desperate people do desperate things. Obama is watching his poll numbers fall, his economic policies failing, and so he has to try and do something to appease his kook left base.

If things fall apart in Iraq after the troops leave, Obama will use the same old excuse he has used for everything else

He inheritied the mess and it is really Bush's fault

Psychoblues
10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
PB, where did you get the Iraq leadership wants the US out of the country? MSNBC? an Obama speech? Looks like Obama was trying to make a deal with them to keep the troops there past 2012

Here is want the AP reported:

Desperate people do desperate things. Obama is watching his poll numbers fall, his economic policies failing, and so he has to try and do something to appease his kook left base.

If things fall apart in Iraq after the troops leave, Obama will use the same old excuse he has used for everything else

He inheritied the mess and it is really Bush's fault

It really is gwb's fault. It really is. More to the topic at hand. Obviously you are cool with American troops losing legal immunity in Iraq? Obviously you are cool with more of America's best being slaughtered in Iraq for absolutely no military or political reason? Obviously the President needs to check with you before he makes any decisions about American involvement in Iraq? How does that make you feel?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

DragonStryk72
10-22-2011, 09:10 PM
It really is gwb's fault. It really is. More to the topic at hand. Obviously you are cool with American troops losing legal immunity in Iraq? Obviously you are cool with more of America's best being slaughtered in Iraq for absolutely no military or political reason? Obviously the President needs to check with you before he makes any decisions about American involvement in Iraq? How does that make you feel?

Psychoblues

But apparently, he won the Iraq war, according to you the second Saddam Hussein was taken down. Might wanna stop calling attention to that point.

Psychoblues
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
But apparently, he won the Iraq war, according to you the second Saddam Hussein was taken down. Might wanna stop calling attention to that point.

I said the United States military mission was completed the day Saddam Hussein was captured. Within just a few months of that date our people and equipment should have been completely taken out of there. Instead, gwb took on an entirely different approach and got several thousand more of our best killed in his misguided quest for some kind of mid-eastern domination. He failed in every aspect and left the military disasters, as well as the economic disasters and the domestic and international disasters for President Barack Hussein Obama and his administration to find, address, research and resolve. We continue to find gwb left behinds in the civil services as pseudo appointees and having to deal with the damage they continue to wreak on responsible governance. I have read that the terrible effects of the gwb administration will be felt for 20 or more years and many conservatives agree with that assessment.

Be a bit more careful with that "according to you" batshit, DS72. I never said anything like you imply.

Psychoblues

DragonStryk72
10-23-2011, 12:12 AM
I said the United States military mission was completed the day Saddam Hussein was captured.
Psychoblues

So he succeeded.

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 12:53 AM
So he succeeded.

No, he did not and I never said that. Did you read what I wrote? Geesh, DS72. I don't think I've ever known you to be so hard-headed.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Bush did succeed. In giving the Iraqis the chance for self government.

Will that succeed? Time will tell.

Best thing ever, they won't be worrying about Saddam.

logroller
10-23-2011, 02:04 AM
No, he did not and I never said that. Did you read what I wrote? Geesh, DS72. I don't think I've ever known you to be so hard-headed.

Psychoblues
I did read what you wrote, but I think your analysis is jaded by your opinion; or, maybe, limited to the point you wish to make. One could also say that GH Bush left some things unfinished, claiming military interests to have been satisfied in 1991. Before that I could also say Reagan left some things undone while claiming victory over the Soviet forces, despite the many problems which would result; which stemmed from clandestine support though sales of dual-use equipment, intelligence info and diplomatic interference in the Iraq-Iran war; which itself was a continuation of Carter's policies and the interpreted green light support of Saudi Arabia's feud against Iran (which continues to this day, I might add). Which I can very well blame Eisenhower for, having played a pivotal role in the overthrow of a democratically-elected govt in the 1953 coup d'etat in Iran under a smokescreen of anti-communist expansion; which would create widespread hatred of the US for interfering in the domestic affairs of other countries-- but we're there for democracy and freedom, right? Blame games are fun, feel free to continue.

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Bush did succeed. In giving the Iraqis the chance for self government.

Will that succeed? Time will tell.

Best thing ever, they won't be worrying about Saddam.

Saddam was THEIR worry all the time, Kath. Not ours. Our responsibilities there were fulfilled with our 2 no-fly zones there that we kept up very well. gwb didn't succeed in anything but getting a lot of blood on his and thus our hands. i will never forgive him or his cabal for that.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Saddam was THEIR worry all the time, Kath. Not ours. Our responsibilities there were fulfilled with our 2 no-fly zones there that we kept up very well. gwb didn't succeed in anything but getting a lot of blood on his and thus our hands. i will never forgive him or his cabal for that.

Psychoblues

Unreal. You put lie to our own pov.

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Unreal. You put lie to our own pov.

I'm sorry, Kath, but I'm not understanding you. Could you explain that sentence or do you think it should stand on it's own and it's me that is missing whatever point you are trying to make?

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 04:52 AM

Psychoblues

Why am I not surprised you blame Bush? What has happened that you libs have NOT blamed Bush for?

This is a clear politcal move and nothing more. and a lame poilitcal move at that

fj1200
10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
He failed in every aspect and left the military disasters, as well as the economic disasters and the domestic and international disasters for President Barack Hussein Obama and his administration to find, address, research and resolve. We continue to find gwb left behinds in the civil services as pseudo appointees and having to deal with the damage they continue to wreak on responsible governance. I have read that the terrible effects of the gwb administration will be felt for 20 or more years and many conservatives agree with that assessment.

Wow, that was quite the extension of logic. Do you have some specifics for those?

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Wow, that was quite the extension of logic. Do you have some specifics for those?

Only what he heard from the hosts on MSNBC

fj1200
10-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Only what he heard from the hosts on MSNBC

So "no" then. Thanks. :salute:

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 05:35 AM
So "no" then. Thanks. :salute:

If you have problems with what I said then point them out as I know for certain you can. I told the truth, you don't like it, so what?

Psychoblues

fj1200
10-23-2011, 05:37 AM
If you have problems with what I said then point them out as I know for certain you can. I told the truth, you don't like it, so what?

You made the claims, back them up.

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:38 AM
You made the claims, back them up.

Hope you packed a lunch (or breakfast in this case) it may be awhile :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I have no intention of recounting about every argument that has ever been made on this board about the failures of gwb. In general, even most repubs agree with the complete waste of a human body by him.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I have no intention of recounting about every argument that has ever been made on this board about the failures of gwb. In general, even most repubs agree with the complete waste of a human body by him.

Psychoblues

So when the time comes to belly up to the bar - you go belly up

Nothing new with that

fj1200
10-23-2011, 06:09 AM

That right there is the problem, the premise has been stated but rarely argued... by you especially.

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:12 AM
That right there is the problem, the premise has been stated but rarely argued... by you especially.

or Gabby, the liberal media, and Obama

darin
10-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Every time we'd get announcements of troop draw-down, we'd get more rockets and mortars. Point is, Leaving Iraq emboldens the terrorists who wish to keep their hands around the necks of the Iraqi people.

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Every time we'd get announcements of troop draw-down, we'd get more rockets and mortars. Point is, Leaving Iraq emboldens the terrorists who wish to keep their hands around the necks of the Iraqi people.

and the left, Obama, and the liberal media wil blame Bush

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 06:40 AM

So, even the premise somehow disturbs you? How does that make you feel?

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:41 AM

Psychoblues

What is disturbing is people like you live in a bubble and actually think their fantasy world is reality

fj1200
10-23-2011, 06:42 AM

Sad for you because you can state a premise but not argue for it.

red states rule
10-23-2011, 06:49 AM

This sums up his argument

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/393046799/blame_bush_bumper_sticker.jpg?color=White

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 07:11 AM

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 07:12 AM

Psychoblues

Spoken like a true liberal lamb being led to slaughter :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Spoken like a true liberal lamb being led to slaughter :laugh2:

What? You'll gladly pay me Tuesday for a Cheeseburger today?

Clown.

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 07:53 AM
What? You'll gladly pay me Tuesday for a Cheeseburger today?

Clown.

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

I was thinking about 11/8/12 when the voters will show their appreciation for all the hope and change Obama has inflicted on them

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 08:34 AM
I was thinking about 11/8/12 when the voters will show their appreciation for all the hope and change Obama has inflicted on them

Me, too. It's not going to be as pretty as you think for the reichwingers. They have shown their colors and all that is left is to make for certain the American people see them for what they really are. Not an easy task but not an impossible one either.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Me, too. It's not going to be as pretty as you think for the reichwingers. They have shown their colors and all that is left is to make for certain the American people see them for what they really are. Not an easy task but not an impossible one either.

Psychoblues

I am sure Obama will do as well in the 2012 election as he did in the 2010 election

and 2010 was the worst defeat for Dems since the 1930's

Now with Obama on the ballot I suspect a trifecta for the R's. The WH, Senate, and gains in the House

darin
10-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Psychoblues

Translation: "I, Psychoblues, cannot argue against your point with ANYTHING considered 'rational thought'. Thus, I'll demean and insult your point of view in an attempt to prove my superiority."

:lame2::trolls::slap:

red states rule
10-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Translation: "I, Psychoblues, cannot argue against your point with ANYTHING considered 'rational thought'. Thus, I'll demean and insult your point of view in an attempt to prove my superiority."

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dmp again.

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 09:20 AM

:pee: dmp

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 09:22 AM
pee

:pee: dmp

Psychoblues

Damn PB your debate skils are improving. You must be going to classes at night :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Damn PB your debate skils are improving. You must be going to classes at night :laugh2:

Naw, rsr. Just refreshing the 4th grade, kind of the same as dmp.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Naw, rsr. Just refreshing the 4th grade, kind of the same as dmp.

Psychoblues

You got out of the 4th grade? Damn, talk about lowering standards to pass the student on :laugh2:

fj1200
10-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Who's whining? The one who doesn't defend their premise in my book.

red states rule
10-26-2011, 04:20 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb102411dAPR20111025124518.jpg

Abbey Marie
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Now this is one sad but true comic.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb102411dAPR20111025124518.jpg

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:31 AM
Now this is one sad but true comic.

and Obama, the Dems, and liberal media will blame Pres Bush for it

as they do everything else

logroller
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
and Obama, the Dems, and liberal media will blame Pres Bush for it

as they do everything else

It's clearly Ike's fault. I don't know why people like him so much.

red states rule
10-28-2011, 04:00 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/111027beelertoon_c20111026104239.jpg