PDA

View Full Version : MFM Goes To Mexico and Look What Happens To Maine!

Kathianne
10-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Was it cause or effect?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2011/10/21/the-red-state-in-your-future/

...According to the National Conference of State Legislatures (http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=21253) (NCSL), 25 state legislatures are controlled by Republicans and 16 by Democrats, with eight split (i.e., each party controlling one house). There are 29 Republican governors and 20 Democrats, with one independent. And there are 20 states where Republicans control both the legislature and governor’s mansion vs. 11 Democratic, with 18 split (one party controls the governor’s office and the other the legislature).

And though we are a year away from the 2012 election, generic Republican vs. Democratic polls have given Republicans the edge for more than a year. If that pattern holds—and if blue-state leaders refuse to learn from their policy mistakes, just like their true-blue leader in the White House—it likely means there will be even more red states in 2013...

...The good news is that some blue states [at least five in the nearby map] have seen the light and are turning red, embracing the limited government/low taxes red-state vision and are coming back from the brink. Maine, for example, is one of ALEC’s bottom 10 states. But as of the last election, Maine now has a Republican state house and governor. And the new governor has been pushing for the red-state approach, cutting both taxes and state spending.
The Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/29/republican-states-balancing-their-budgets/) recently pointed out that “at least a dozen [mostly red] states ended fiscal 2011 with surpluses.” Maine was one of them.

And Maine is not alone. Blue-leaning Michigan and Wisconsin both have elected Republican legislatures and governors, as has swing-state Pennsylvania. And blue Minnesota now has a Republican legislature...

red states rule
10-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Maybe now we know why Virgil fled the state he claimed to love, and helped shape politically

Nice find Kat

Abbey Marie
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
And for the corresponding line of thought: Has Mexico improved? :laugh2:

ConHog
10-23-2011, 01:36 PM

One thing I can assure you is that when Virg moved from Maine to Mexico. The average IQ In Maine went up 5 points while the average IQ in Mexico dropped by 5 points.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
One thing I can assure you is that when Virg moved from Maine to Mexico. The average IQ In Maine went up 5 points while the average IQ in Mexico dropped by 5 points.

Lol. You two should have been here together longer. :thumb:

ConHog
10-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Lol. You two should have been here together longer. :thumb:

Meh, had enough of his pedophile act over at USMB before I ever came here.

red states rule
10-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Would your town "improve" if Virgil moved there? I am sure parents within a 200 miles radius of Virgil are watching their kids more closely then they used to

ConHog
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Would your town "improve" if Virgil moved there? I am sure parents within a 200 miles radius of Virgil are watching their kids more closely then they used to

Only the ones with boys between the ages of 2 and 8.

Abbey Marie
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Meh, had enough of his pedophile act over at USMB before I ever came here.

Oh, I didn't know that. But I still didn't get to see it. :cool:

ConHog
10-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. But I still didn't get to see it. :cool:

Never fear, I'm confident ol' Virgil will eventually slink back.

jimnyc
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM

I saw a video a few weeks back made by Mexican drug cartels. They showed off their "prisoners" of other cartels, then cut the head off of one with a chainsaw, and the other with a nice long knife. Now, I wasn't "hoping" it was Virgil - but I will admit that my first thought AND little chuckle was "I wonder if that's that 'ol Virgil getting his comeuppance?"

I know, I know, I shouldn't wish death on other "members". But I wasn't! It seriously never popped into my mind until I saw it, then thought of the fat bastard. I couldn't help myself that a little chuckle came out.

Abbey Marie
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM

He's done so here several times. Always with a new identity, and an attempt to be someone else. Doesn't work, though.

jimnyc
10-24-2011, 04:29 PM
He's done so here several times. Always with a new identity, and an attempt to be someone else. Doesn't work, though.

And not just once, not twice, not three times, not 4 times, and more than 5 - likely about 10 - and as CH stated it won't likely be his last! He's a sad, sad, pathetic little man!

Btw - if anyone wants a link to the chainsaw video, let me know. How often do you get to see someone have their head zipped off with such a power saw? They apparently took some directions from radical muslims and then made some enhancements! :laugh:

red states rule
10-25-2011, 02:08 AM
I saw a video a few weeks back made by Mexican drug cartels. They showed off their "prisoners" of other cartels, then cut the head off of one with a chainsaw, and the other with a nice long knife. Now, I wasn't "hoping" it was Virgil - but I will admit that my first thought AND little chuckle was "I wonder if that's that 'ol Virgil getting his comeuppance?"

I know, I know, I shouldn't wish death on other "members". But I wasn't! It seriously never popped into my mind until I saw it, then thought of the fat bastard. I couldn't help myself that a little chuckle came out.

If it would happen. Virgil's last words would be "It's Bush's fault"

Gabby would blame me for it

Abso would cheer as another infidel receives justice

and the rest of the board gives a collective yawn iover no great loss :laugh2:

Same here Jim, I am not wishing this on Virgil, but I could not resist thinking how some would react to the news

ConHog
10-25-2011, 09:17 AM
And not just once, not twice, not three times, not 4 times, and more than 5 - likely about 10 - and as CH stated it won't likely be his last! He's a sad, sad, pathetic little man!

Btw - if anyone wants a link to the chainsaw video, let me know. How often do you get to see someone have their head zipped off with such a power saw? They apparently took some directions from radical muslims and then made some enhancements! :laugh:

Isn't karma a bitch? On another board I post on, a Razorback fan board, one of the resident loud mouths was on there just a few weeks back openly hoping that an opposing player would suffer a career ending injury . Isn't that pathetic. This same member has openly been hoping to see our ex coach who is at Ole Miss now suffer some sort of calamity and making jokes about said coach's brotehr who has serious health issues. The rest of the "old guard" of this board have of course been piling on and laughing it up with this idiot for years.

Last week his mother and nephew were killed in a car wreck, less than 24 hours after he had posted his comments about hoping the opposing player suffered a career ending injury.

I posted on the thread about his mom that I was sorry to hear that his mother and nephew had to pay the Karma for his comments about a player having their career ended. Banned immediately LOL

Careful what you wish on others is the moral of that story.