PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Basic and repulsive:

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/130215/

October 22, 2011

SEEN ON FACEBOOK: “The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them.”

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 03:18 AM
I don't know what all this is about, Kath, but you seem to be very bitter about something lately. As much of an asshole as I may be I am always good for helping to cheer someone up if they are open to that kind of encouragement. I do hope and wish for the very best for you, Kath.

Psychoblues

darin
10-23-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't know what all this is about, Kath, but you seem to be very bitter about something lately. As much of an asshole as I may be I am always good for helping to cheer someone up if they are open to that kind of encouragement. I do hope and wish for the very best for you, Kath.

Psychoblues

Try sending a private message. It's better than your attempt to insult, rather than reply to the topic at hand. You're kind of...seriously...you're a dickhead.

re: The comment Kath posted. It's SPOT-ON. Liberals won't agree, however, because they cannot.

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Try sending a private message. It's better than your attempt to insult, rather than reply to the topic at hand. You're kind of...seriously...you're a dickhead.

re: The comment Kath posted. It's SPOT-ON. Liberals won't agree, however, because they cannot.

This was posted hours ago, in fact just after Kath posted the OP. I was and am sincere. You are the jerk in this instance and your negs are getting ridiculous. You are such the weak one, dmp. Maybe you need to take a break. If I were an administrator here I'd give you one.

Psychoblues

darin
10-23-2011, 08:31 AM
This was posted hours ago, in fact just after Kath posted the OP. I was and am sincere. You are the jerk in this instance and your negs are getting ridiculous. You are such the weak one, dmp. Maybe you need to take a break. If I were an administrator here I'd give you one.

Psychoblues

So - you insult Kath, and act like you care. If you were sincere, you'd send her a PM; NOT try to claim she's upset/hurt in a public way. If you have NOTHING with regard to the OP, go away, or you'll get thread-banned.

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 08:53 AM
So - you insult Kath, and act like you care. If you were sincere, you'd send her a PM; NOT try to claim she's upset/hurt in a public way. If you have NOTHING with regard to the OP, go away, or you'll get thread-banned.

Your post following the original was also spot on. ;) He doesn't get it the point the facebook comment was making, so it's about 'me.'

Psychoblues
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Your post following the original was also spot on. ;) He doesn't get it the point the facebook comment was making, so it's about 'me.'

I interpreted it as a personal bitterness, Kath. I'm sorry if I was misunderstood as I certainly misunderstood you.

Psychoblues

Little-Acorn
10-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Basic and repulsive:

October 22, 2011

SEEN ON FACEBOOK: “The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them.”

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/130215/

What's repulsive about it? It's merely true.

Another way of saying govt doesn't exist to mkae your life "better". It only exists to keep other people from making your life worse.

P.S. Mind if I use that as a .sig?

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
What's repulsive about it? It's merely true.

Another way of saying govt doesn't exist to mkae your life "better". It only exists to keep other people from making your life worse.

P.S. Mind if I use that as a .sig?

I was referring to the government. In any case, using the blip isn't mine to give. I thought the link made that pretty clear?

ConHog
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM

Psychoblues

So go start your own fucking message board and maybe DMP will join just so you can give him a break.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking taxation and guns. :salute:

logroller
10-23-2011, 07:28 PM
http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52422&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1264106185

Kathianne
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
interesting how many self-proclaimed 'conservatives' think government is the answer.

ConHog
10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
interesting how many self-proclaimed 'conservatives' think government is the answer.

You haven't even properly defined the question. Or do you think government is just never the answer to ANY question?

fj1200
10-25-2011, 08:58 AM
You haven't even properly defined the question. Or do you think government is just never the answer to ANY question?

The question is; who should protect life, liberty, property?

ConHog
10-25-2011, 09:07 AM

And that is definitely a question that the government should be part of. It amazes me that some people think being conservative means thinking the government has NO role in society. Not true at all.

Nukeman
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
You haven't even properly defined the question. Or do you think government is just never the answer to ANY question?In day-to-day life the govt is NOT the answer. If a service can be found in the yellow pages the govt should not offer the service.

And that is definitely a question that the government should be part of. It amazes me that some people think being conservative means thinking the government has NO role in society. Not true at all.Govt protects its citizen from foriegn invaders and establishes trade and relations with other countries. They are not the answer to every freaking ill that occurs in yours or my life. they are not there to bail me out after a hurricane or a tornado or any natural disaster, thats what I pay insurance for. They are also not ther to put food on my plate that is for me and my family (church, extended, and commuity) to do, not the govt...

This is going to be the downfall of this country! Once a populace realizes that they can vote in members of govt to take care of them, that is the day that country dies... it may be a few years or it may be dozens but it will happen..

ConHog
10-25-2011, 11:27 AM
In day-to-day life the govt is NOT the answer. If a service can be found in the yellow pages the govt should not offer the service.

Govt protects its citizen from foriegn invaders and establishes trade and relations with other countries. They are not the answer to every freaking ill that occurs in yours or my life. they are not there to bail me out after a hurricane or a tornado or any natural disaster, thats what I pay insurance for. They are also not ther to put food on my plate that is for me and my family (church, extended, and commuity) to do, not the govt...

This is going to be the downfall of this country! Once a populace realizes that they can vote in members of govt to take care of them, that is the day that country dies... it may be a few years or it may be dozens but it will happen..

Please re read my post that you quoted. I don't disagree with you.

Kathianne
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM

Yep, anyone who's read a bit of contract theory, Hobbes, or Locke shouldn't have had a problem with understanding.

ConHog
10-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Yep, anyone who's read a bit of contract theory, Hobbes, or Locke shouldn't have had a problem with understanding.

J'adore Hobbes.............

10-25-2011, 07:45 PM

I suppose that technically that would depend on the question.

But for the most part, I agree. it is interesting. And sad.