PDA

View Full Version : Why are Prisoners Building Patriot Missiles?

Delenn
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Right now, federal prison inmates in correctional institutions across America are making Patriot missile components. Alarming? Sure. But it could also inform a larger debate currently underway in Washington.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/defense-industrial-base-defense-budget-defense/3/7/2011/id/33198?page=full

Hmmmm.....

Little-Acorn
10-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Why do you have an objection?

fj1200
10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/defense-industrial-base-defense-budget-defense/3/7/2011/id/33198?page=full

Hmmmm.....

It's just a tool to get us one step closer to the end game of capitalism and its goal of universal slavery. :slap:

Or if you look deeper you'll find government behind it:

Unicor, known as Federal Prison Industries until a 1977 re-branding, is a network of over 100 factories at 70 penitentiaries within the US; a self-sustaining, self-funding company owned wholly by the government, created by an act of Congress in 1934 to function as a rehabilitative tool to teach real-world work skills to federal inmates. Unicor’s mandate dictates that prison work programs not adversely affect private sector businesses.

Maybe they should start making diapers.

Delenn
10-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Why do you have an objection?

It isn't so much of an objection as it is more of bewilderment.

real-world work skills to federal inmates.

One of the major issues that has come out over time are what qualifies as a real-world work skill. Thus far, license plates etc. are not real-world work skills. Starting probably late 80s-99 there was a vast amount of (New) literature that began to seriously question this and then it seemed to become quiet and no discussions were taking place in the public. It was definitely not taking place in the mainstream media. If you didn't know what you were looking for, then you probably would not have found it quite easily.

I found this article by accident.

Now, it is all of a sudden a ZOMG. It is a part of a "larger debate". I can't help but wonder if this "larger debate" will even will address the issues that have been ongoing. Or is this going to be a case of ZOMG lets focus on a bunch of other crap, as IF the issues are truly addressing it and then walk away self-satisfied when this is resolved.

So, all that I have right now is "hmmmm". I don't want to get my hopes up or anything.

revelarts
10-25-2011, 02:58 PM
It's just a tool to get us one step closer to the end game of capitalism and its goal of universal slavery. :slap:

Or if you look deeper you'll find government behind it....

Slave or cheap labor is a tool of capitalism, and a good business will find ways to lower it's cost for it's owners, share holders and customers, prison labor fits the bill. there's no moral check for it. the bottom line is the deciding factor.

The gov't can help the "economy" and "businesses" by providing this cheap labor pool by enacting laws that make it easy to incarcerate ne'er do wells as a part of it's so called primary mission to KEEP PEOPLE SAFE and as a by product have a supply of cheap labor to also help grow economy. it's a win win for society . Safety, keeping the rift raft pot smokers, jaywalkers and protesters off the street and helping business and the good citizen consumers.
maybe it's not exactly planned but it is kinda of a nice set up, huh?

and Acorn
I've got a problem with it.
We are training them on how to build Missile parts!?!?!?!
WHAT IF THE PRISONEERS BECOME PART OF ALQUIDA!!!?!?!?!

jimnyc
10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Are people really dense enough to believe that prisoners are being taught sensitive technology? Even the most secret of technology with the most of advanced of parts, will still need lots of basic labor. These are parts/cables that are not of a sensitive nature. I read through the entire link, and all the links within, and see no issue with what these prisoners are building or putting together.

If you read the nitwit title, one would be lead to believe that prisoners are actually building a missile in its entirety and assembling as the same. That's not even remotely true.

The thread should be titled "Prisoners making tiny pieces, parts and cables that go towards use in missiles. They aren't in possession of classified information". But the title is from the linked website, and of course someone once again reads a story and runs with it.

Gunny
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM

Hmmmm.....

Your thread title is misleading. They aren't in fact building Patriot missiles. Components = parts. They may have no idea what they are building and even if they do, don't you think those components might go through a bit of testing down the line?

fj1200
10-26-2011, 04:00 AM
Slave or cheap labor is a tool of capitalism, and a good business will find ways to lower it's cost for it's owners, share holders and customers, prison labor fits the bill. there's no moral check for it. the bottom line is the deciding factor.

No it's not, labor is a tool of capitalism. There is no liberty in slave labor. Good business will find ways to lower costs but your base assumptions are incorrect.

Delenn
10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Your thread title is misleading. They aren't in fact building Patriot missiles. Components = parts. They may have no idea what they are building and even if they do, don't you think those components might go through a bit of testing down the line?

Gunny, the entire article is misleading.

Delenn
10-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Are people really dense enough to believe that prisoners are being taught sensitive technology? Even the most secret of technology with the most of advanced of parts, will still need lots of basic labor. These are parts/cables that are not of a sensitive nature. I read through the entire link, and all the links within, and see no issue with what these prisoners are building or putting together.

If you read the nitwit title, one would be lead to believe that prisoners are actually building a missile in its entirety and assembling as the same. That's not even remotely true.

The thread should be titled "Prisoners making tiny pieces, parts and cables that go towards use in missiles. They aren't in possession of classified information". But the title is from the linked website, and of course someone once again reads a story and runs with it.

Yes, and if you read what I have written, it is a ZOMG!

jimnyc
10-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Yes, and if you read what I have written, it is a ZOMG!

"If"? I did in fact read your response to the OP - and then I replied myself. I made a more common sense approach as it appears our OP copied the title of the article, got all up in arms, posted it here, but never read it or clicked on the links to read about what this company does.

It always cracks me up when someone cries "conspiracy" or some kind of wrongdoing they suspect, when they are well off base and it could have been avoided by simply reading.

But it's easier and much more fun to come here and "Holy hell, oh my God, would you believe our government has prisoners designing the worlds most advanced missiles!"

revelarts
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
No it's not, labor is a tool of capitalism. There is no liberty in slave labor. Good business will find ways to lower costs but your base assumptions are incorrect.
I didn't know Liberty was a core feature of capitalism. In the shorter definitions it's not. Liberty for some is assumed.

But historically capitalism has never been a much of a freedom fighter. Free the MARKETS sure, but not free the SLAVES.

Delenn
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
"If"? I did in fact read your response to the OP - and then I replied myself. I made a more common sense approach as it appears our OP copied the title of the article, got all up in arms, posted it here, but never read it or clicked on the links to read about what this company does.

It always cracks me up when someone cries "conspiracy" or some kind of wrongdoing they suspect, when they are well off base and it could have been avoided by simply reading.

But it's easier and much more fun to come here and "Holy hell, oh my God, would you believe our government has prisoners designing the worlds most advanced missiles!"

Umm....that isn't my stance.

fj1200
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I didn't know Liberty was a core feature of capitalism. In the shorter definitions it's not. Liberty for some is assumed.

But historically capitalism has never been a much of a freedom fighter. Free the MARKETS sure, but not free the SLAVES.

I don't know how you separate the two, especially free-market capitalism.

The theory holds that within an ideal free market, property rights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_rights) are voluntarily exchanged at a price arranged solely by the mutual consent of sellers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sellers) and buyers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyers). By definition, buyers and sellers do not coerce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coercion) each other
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market

Unless you are free to mutually consent the exchange of your property there is no free-market.

Slaves... :rolleyes:

revelarts
10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't know how you separate the two, especially free-market capitalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market

Unless you are free to mutually consent the exchange of your property there is no free-market.

Slaves... :rolleyes:
But who says EVERYONE has to be free? As you mention all you need is a buyer and a seller. 2 free people, not all.
The buyer could be buying a slave. As was/is done all over the world , and the RIGHT to own them was a propterty right. who needs the consent of the slave? the market:rolleyes:? NO, the market DEMANDS...

fj1200
10-27-2011, 10:32 AM
But who says EVERYONE has to be free? As you mention all you need is a buyer and a seller. 2 free people, not all.
The buyer could be buying a slave. As was/is done all over the world , and the RIGHT to own them was a propterty right. who needs the consent of the slave? the market:rolleyes:? NO, the market DEMANDS...

:facepalm: God, Thomas Jefferson, take your pick.

Come on rev, that's complete BS, you're better than that. We are in no way talking about our past history on slavery.

revelarts
10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
:facepalm: God, Thomas Jefferson, take your pick....
Right God did say it, but not the ideals or practices of capitalism. that's my point.

...Come on rev, that's complete BS, you're better than that. We are in no way talking about our past history on slavery.
slavery is illegal today but it still goes on becuase it makes money -raw capitalism at work-. It was made illegal becuase many people put morals and human liberty ahead of pure commerce and capitalism. As it should be.

fj1200
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Right God did say it, but not the ideals or practices of capitalism. that's my point.

slavery is illegal today but it still goes on becuase it makes money -raw capitalism at work-. It was made illegal becuase many people put morals and human liberty ahead of pure commerce and capitalism. As it should be.

Illegal =/= capitalism. Just because something makes money doesn't mean it's capitalism. Don't tell me something that violates a natural right is capitalism just because it makes money. They may be using a tenet of capitalism, buyers and sellers, but they are violating every other premise.