PDA

View Full Version : After Jobs Bill defeated in Senate, Obama begins implementing it by edict anyway

Little-Acorn
10-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Apparently President Obama isn't too worried about what those stuffy old dead white guys who wrote and ratified the Constitution thought. The concept of Congress having to approve laws before they go into effect is _so_ 1789. They voted down his Jobs Plan, but he's not going to let that stop him from making it law anyway. He'll just put it in place himself, a piece at a time.

Obama is a liberal. He knows what's best for the country, so he's just going to make it that way. And if the elected Congress objected, well, what do they really matter, anyway? In Obama's opinion, this is far too important to let them have a say in its passage... if their opinion doesn't match his.

---------------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/24/us-obama-economy-idUSTRE79N0J920111024

Gunny
10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Apparently President Obama isn't too worried about what those stuffy old dead white guys who wrote and ratified the Constitution thought. The concept of Congress having to approve laws before they go into effect is _so_ 1789. They voted down his Jobs Plan, but he's not going to let that stop him from making it law anyway. He'll just put it in place himself, a piece at a time.

Obama is a liberal. He knows what's best for the country, so he's just going to make it that way. And if the elected Congress objected, well, what do they really matter, anyway? In Obama's opinion, this is far too important to let them have a say in its passage... if their opinion doesn't match his.

---------------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/24/us-obama-economy-idUSTRE79N0J920111024

I'd like to read the article, but I'm too busy reading all the responses to the thread from the leftwingnuts that cried "too much executive power" every time Bush picked up a pen.

jimnyc
10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I'd like to read the article, but I'm too busy reading all the responses to the thread from the leftwingnuts that cried "too much executive power" every time Bush picked up a pen.

On USMB as well as here - and his name is/was "Bullypulpit". Haven't seen him in eons - if he was against executive power as much as he lead on when Bush was doing so, he very well may be suicidal by now!

Then again, I've seen dozens and dozens of political situations that are apparently wrong for (R)'s to do but perfectly acceptable if done by a (D).

Gunny
10-24-2011, 04:27 PM
On USMB as well as here - and his name is/was "Bullypulpit". Haven't seen him in eons - if he was against executive power as much as he lead on when Bush was doing so, he very well may be suicidal by now!

Then again, I've seen dozens and dozens of political situations that are apparently wrong for (R)'s to do but perfectly acceptable if done by a (D).

But then, the left is also claiming Obama is responsible for the "victory" of Qaddafi's death. You know, the one where the current gov't has declared Lybia will be governed by sharia law?

As I'm sure if he does remove the troops from Iraw by the end of the year, the left will claim that a victory as well. Not sure who's licking their chops the most ... Iran, Turkey or Syria.

I'm sure the bullypulpit's and jillian's of the net are defending his actions and claiming them victories with every word.

jimnyc
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
But then, the left is also claiming Obama is responsible for the "victory" of Qaddafi's death. You know, the one where the current gov't has declared Lybia will be governed by sharia law?

As I'm sure if he does remove the troops from Iraw by the end of the year, the left will claim that a victory as well. Not sure who's licking their chops the most ... Iran, Turkey or Syria.

I'm sure the bullypulpit's and jillian's of the net are defending his actions and claiming them victories with every word.

Those 2 names in once sentence make me want to vomit. At least BP I could bear with, but her....

If the White House wants to "OWN" the take down of Qaddafi - then they MUST own the fact that he was brutally murdered by their direction as well. If not, then "they" obviously didn't play a part in his capture.

The ONLY thing they can even remotely take credit for is $$$ towards his removal.

But you can't blame them when they go nuts to take credit for such things, since it's quite a rarity that they ever do anything that deserves credit.

10-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Can't let that pesky Constitution get in the way of destroying the Republic.

10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Those 2 names in once sentence make me want to vomit. At least BP I could bear with, but her....

If the White House wants to "OWN" the take down of Qaddafi - then they MUST own the fact that he was brutally murdered by their direction as well. If not, then "they" obviously didn't play a part in his capture.

The ONLY thing they can even remotely take credit for is $$$ towards his removal.

But you can't blame them when they go nuts to take credit for such things, since it's quite a rarity that they ever do anything that deserves credit.

I'm hearing that Qaddafi was brutally sodomized prior to being executed. For some reason, I dont think Obama will be bragging about that though he wants to take credit for Qaddafi's death... Amazing considering Qaddafi supported his election as President.

The whole Libya thing is just insane. Yeah, Qaddafi sucks, but the man hasnt done anything in well over a decade, maybe two. And now we have a new Islamic regime with ties to Al Qaeda in control. How exactly is that going to be better?!

fj1200
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM
He'll just put it in place himself, a piece at a time.

What doesn't he have the power to do?

10-24-2011, 11:35 PM
What doesn't he have the power to do?

Unfortunately, the answer to that question seems to be govern honestly in a competent manner.

red states rule
10-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Obama once said it was tempting to change the laws on the books on his own without Congress

BTW, it is Dems who are blocking his spendng bills not the R's

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5wD5Y88UWno" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

fj1200
10-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, the answer to that question seems to be govern honestly in a competent manner.

That may be but it sounds like he has authorization to make the changes he is proposing.