PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Falwell Rushed to Hospital

-Cp
05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Even though I think he's said a lot of whack stuff - here's hoping for the best for ya Jerry..

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P4UINO0&show_article=1

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) - The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious Tuesday in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said.
Ron Godwin, the university's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but he said Falwell "has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine, and they found him unresponsive."

Godwin said Falwell was receiving emergency care. A hospital spokeswoman said she had "no information to release at this time."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then was hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest. Later that year, doctors found a 70 percent blockage in an artery, which they opened with stents.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Even though I think he's said a lot of whack stuff - here's hoping for the best for ya Jerry..

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) - The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious Tuesday in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said.
Ron Godwin, the university's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but he said Falwell "has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine, and they found him unresponsive."

Godwin said Falwell was receiving emergency care. A hospital spokeswoman said she had "no information to release at this time."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then was hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest. Later that year, doctors found a 70 percent blockage in an artery, which they opened with stents.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.

I like this guy, I hope everything is ok, but this doesn't sound good.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM

It has just come across the wire, Rev. Falwell has died.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
The devil will be thrilled.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM

That's uncalled for, a man has just died, show some respect.

Birdzeye
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I couldn't stand him, but my dislike for him doesn't mean I'll offer the same prayer I offer for the recently departed: Dear Lord, whatever unresolved issues you may have with this person, please find it in your heart to forgive him and let him into your kingdom.

KarlMarx
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I couldn't stand him, but my dislike for him doesn't mean I'll offer the same prayer I offer for the recently departed: Dear Lord, whatever unresolved issues you may have with this person, please find it in your heart to forgive him and let him into your kingdom.
It's better not to pass judgement! I wouldn't second guess the Almighty.

Some people feel that he is actually in very good standing with the Lord.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Im the same way, even if I hate someone I still feel bad if they die. JFK was a horrible president and a horrible human being but im still sad he died while serving our country.

05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Didnt agree with him all the time, but the man deserves respect. I hope he is happy in the afterlife. I think the Lord will take care of Him.

I dont know if the Devil is happy, but unfortunately I know some others who are happy.... But thankfully I am not one of those severely disturbed people.

Birdzeye
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
It's better not to pass judgement! I wouldn't second guess the Almighty.

Some people feel that he is actually in very good standing with the Lord.

I agree, and I'm sorry if I sounded like I was. I try not to do that, because I know I shouldn't.

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Reverend Falwell's case against Larry Flint is the reason behind the current liberal interpretation of the first amendment. I think the guy was pretty righteous, but if he'd met me he probably would've judged me and told me that I'm going to hell. (shrug)

Hobbit
05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Not a bad guy, but much like Pat Robertson, he could have benefited greatly from a small measure of restraint. I'll miss him.

05-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Reverend Falwell's case against Larry Flint is the reason behind the current liberal interpretation of the first amendment. I think the guy was pretty righteous, but if he'd met me he probably would've judged me and told me that I'm going to hell. (shrug)

well all of us deserve to go to hell. Thankfully, God is merciful or hell would get pretty darn full.

I didnt agree with him all the time but i think if more people lived his standards, as imperfect as they are, this world would be a better place.

What scares me is the amount of people on some other boards who want to dance on his grave... its so messed up.

Birdzeye
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
well all of us deserve to go to hell. Thankfully, God is merciful or hell would get pretty darn full.

I didnt agree with him all the time but i think if more people lived his standards, as imperfect as they are, this world would be a better place.

What scares me is the amount of people on some other boards who want to dance on his grave... its so messed up.

I'm afraid I'm expecting to see the same thing the day Clinton dies.

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 02:43 PM

I don't think anyone hates Chelsea that much !

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm not interested in dancing on Fallwell's grave....

I don't want to get all that urine on my shoes. :laugh2:

05-15-2007, 02:57 PM

I sure hope not. The man may be scum but life should be respected.

dan
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Should we assume that God was as angry at Falwell as he was at the victims of 9/11 and Katrina?

Am I going to dance on his grave? No. But, I'm not losing sleep over it, either, and if there is a heaven, I don't think he's there.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I sure hope not. The man may be scum but life should be respected.

All the interns in the US would grieve.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Should we assume that God was as angry at Falwell as he was at the victims of 9/11 and Katrina?

Am I going to dance on his grave? No. But, I'm not losing sleep over it, either, and if there is a heaven, I don't think he's there.

Your not to bright, that man was the most religious man you could ever meet. He even founded Liberty College for student's who are religious.

05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
All the interns in the US would grieve.

Actually they are probably the ones who would want to dance...

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Actually they are probably the ones who would want to dance...

You mean the ones he couldn't satisfy? Or the ones who were having a Lesbian relationship with his wife and are happy that they can have her all to themselves?

LiberalNation
05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
God will judge him. Anyway, RIP Jerry falwell. can't say I'll grieve your passing.

OCA
05-15-2007, 04:01 PM

You are such a fucking jackoff, I hope you get the bird flu and take a dirt nap.

OCA
05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
You are such a fucking jackoff, I hope you get the bird flu and take a dirt nap.

I just got pos repped for this little diddy, restores my faith in people recognizing jackoffs when they see one around here.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I just got pos repped for this little diddy, restores my faith in people recognizing jackoffs when they see one around here.

Hell, id give you another rep if they'd let me.:cheers2:

OCA
05-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Got neg repped by the child also..................lol. Like what did I lose....2 points from the child?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Actually I hope he's young and the bird flu snuffs him young.

05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
You mean the ones he couldn't satisfy? Or the ones who were having a Lesbian relationship with his wife and are happy that they can have her all to themselves?

No. the ones that were sick and tired of him sexually harassing them and pressuring them into sex.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM

And you think saying fuck makes you brilliant. How old are you, kid?

Do you kiss your mommy with that mouth of yours?

glockmail
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope to see you in Heaven, Jerry. :salute:

glockmail
05-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Got neg repped by the child also..................lol. Like what did I lose....2 points from the child?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Actually I hope he's young and the bird flu snuffs him young. That little shit bag dinged me today as well. Of course I dinged him back with double the power. Maybe its time for a ding-a-thong. :laugh2:

glockmail
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Doubt it. Hillary, maybe. But not Bill-Bob.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Actually I hope he's young and the bird flu snuffs him young.

What child?

Abbey Marie
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
We expect the righteous to be mocked.

Rest in peace, Rev. Falwell. The petty babblings here on earth are of no consequence to you now.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
We expect the righteous to be mocked.

Rest in peace, Rev. Falwell. The petty babblings here on earth are of no consequence to you now.

Falwell was anything but righteous. He was a truly evil human being, and probably among the 1,000 most evil who ever lived. He deserves no respect whatsoever.

Abbey Marie
05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Falwell was anything but righteous. He was a truly evil human being, and probably among the 1,000 most evil who ever lived. He deserves no respect whatsoever.

Your classless way of speaking of a man who just died highlights your bias, so I'm afraid your opinion of him is inconsequential. And your hyperbole surely doesn't help your case. Hey, have at it though. You have the freedom to be as wrong as you want. You just have to live with it in your heart.

As I said, we expect the righteous to be mocked.

Mr. P
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I just got to hand one of my few well deserved neg reps to a MORON.

I didn't care for many of Falwells positions. I did meet him once in Lynchburg and 'evil' isn't what he was by any stretch.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Your classless way of speaking of a man who just died highlights your bias, so I'm afraid your opinion of him is inconsequential. And your hyperbole surely doesn't help your case. Hey, have at it though. You have the freedom to be as wrong as you want. You just have to live with it in your heart.

As I said, we expect the righteous to be mocked.It's not hyperbole to call someone evil when he comes out on 9/12 and says that God arranged for the World Trade Center crashes to punish NY for tolerating so many gays.

I'm totally at peace with what's in my heart, thank you.

Birdzeye
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM

As I said, we expect the righteous to be mocked.

IMO, santimonious would be a more accurate adjective to describe the man.

OCA
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM

Jerry Falwell was a 1,000,000 more times a standup guy than you are, you are a classless piece of shit, not even good enough to have licked Falwell's boots.

Hows that flu coming? Slow and painful I hope.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Jerry Falwell was a 1,000,000 more times a standup guy than you are, you are a classless piece of shit, not even good enough to have licked Falwell's boots.
So you're into licking guys' feet, too?

There's a site for deviants like you, and it's not this one. :fu:

OCA
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
So you're into licking guys' feet, too?

There's a site for deviants like you, and it's not this one. :fu:

Its actually funny thay you think you are funny, must be from some shithole like Willows, a fucking redneck who fancies himself a comedic progressive.

Jerry Falwell deserves a national historic landmarker placed at his home now, flags should be lowered to half mast.

OCA
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
What child?

Lib Nation

Hobbit
05-15-2007, 09:25 PM

There have been more than 1000 murderers, probably more than 1000 serial killers and mass murderers since the beginning of time, and you're puttin ghim down there because he decided to speak before he thought and said something really stupid that he later regretted? So, I assume that if we go over a transcript of your life, everything will come up sunshine and lollipops?

glockmail
05-15-2007, 09:38 PM
There have been more than 1000 murderers, probably more than 1000 serial killers and mass murderers since the beginning of time, and you're puttin ghim down there because he decided to speak before he thought and said something really stupid that he later regretted? So, I assume that if we go over a transcript of your life, everything will come up sunshine and lollipops?
:laugh2:

Hobbit = 1, Typo = 0.

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Lib Nation

Oh I should have guessed I was thinking either her or Obama08.

gabosaurus
05-15-2007, 09:52 PM
What a great time to bring out "Moral Majority" by the Dead Kennedys
RIP Jerry Falwell

You call yourselves the Moral Majority
We call ourselves the people in the real world
Trying to rub us out, but we’re going to survive
God must be dead, if you’re alive

You say, “God loves you. Come and buy the Good News”
Then you buy the president and swimming pools
If Jesus don’t save ‘til we’re lining your pockets
God must be dead if you’re alive

Circus tent con men and Southern belle bunnies
Milk your emotions then they steal your money
It’s the new dark ages with the fascists toting bibles
Cheap nostalgia for the Salem Witch Trials
Stodgy ayatollahs in their double-knit ties
Burn lots of books so they can feed you their lies
Masturbating with a flag and bible

Blow it out your ass, Jerry Falwell
Blow it out your ass, Jesse Helms
Blow it out your ass, Ronald Reagan
What’s wrong with a mind of my own?

You don’t want abortions, you want battered children
You want to ban the pill as if that solves the problem
Now you wanna force us to pray in school
God must be dead if you’re such a foo

We’re planning for a war with or without Iran
Building a police state with the Ku Klux Klan
Pissed at your neighbor? Don’t bother to nag
Pick up the phone and turn in a fag

Blow it out your ass, Terry Dolan
Blow it out your ass, Phyllis Schalfly
Ram it up your c*nt, Anita
‘Cause God must be dead if you’re alive

stephanie
05-15-2007, 09:54 PM
RIP Jerry Falwell

:lame2:

typomaniac
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM

Difference: I don't go around asking for people's money just because I tell them I know how to lead a "better" life.

Hobbit
05-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Difference: I don't go around asking for people's money just because I tell them I know how to lead a "better" life.

That doesn't make him evil. It makes him a non-profit organization. Doesn't NOW also tell people how to live, and don't they also ask for money because of it?

typomaniac
05-16-2007, 11:47 AM
That doesn't make him evil. It makes him a non-profit organization. Doesn't NOW also tell people how to live, and don't they also ask for money because of it?When you take someone's money and don't really care whether you're doing anything for them or not, guess what: you're evil.

Guernicaa
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
RIP Jerry Falwell
Lmao!! This was the perfect time to bring it out.

Jerry Falwell was a fat ignorant cow who used Christianity as tool for hate mongering and an excuse to make up fantasy stories about why 9/11 occurred. If the religious right was actually religious, they would not be shedding tears for a man who warped their religion back to its dark ages. Nobody should be paying ANY respects for this insane asshole except Fred Phelps and his family of mentally retarded cultists.

stephanie
05-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Jerry Falwell was a fat ignorant cow who used Christianity as tool for hate mongering and an excuse to make up fantasy stories about why 9/11 occurred. If the religious right was actually religious, they would not be shedding tears for a man who warped their religion back to its dark ages. Nobody should be paying ANY respects for this insane asshole except Fred Phelps and his family of mentally retarded cultists.

Hate mongering??

But...your post is so full of love..:poke:

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Okay, Sunshine. We'll get right on that.