PDA

View Full Version : Parents Using Their Kids as Little Wall Street Occupiers

red states rule
10-25-2011, 03:06 AM
This is really sick folks. Would you let your kids live like this for any "cause"

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/class-war-620x464.jpg

A group known as “Parents for Occupy Wall Street” (http://www.parentsforoccupywallst.com/) organized a “kiddie” (http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/10/parents-kids-occupy-wall-street-dan-zanes) sleepover in Zuccotti Park this weekend, which brought young children into a highly politicized situation with serious safety concerns.

The organizer of the Occupy Parents’ group, Kirby Desmarais, told (http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/10/parents-kids-occupy-wall-street-dan-zanes) Mother Jones magazine that “the idea is to let parents have a voice in Occupy Wall Street, because normally they cannot be here and also be at home taking care of their families.”

Apparently some 68 families decided they were up for “braving chaos” and “endured cranks and street sweepers.”

But many people are asking question about this wisdom of bringing young children to spend the night in Zuccotti Park or attend protests.

There have been thefts at Zuccotti Park, its been described as a rat-infested (http://nation.foxnews.com/wall-street-protests/2011/10/23/health-expert-occupy-dump-breeding-ground-rats) health hazard (http://www.decodedscience.com/possible-illnesses-caused-by-human-waste-at-occupy-wall-street/4123), and protestors relieved themselves in public and engaged in sex acts (http://gawker.com/5848267/pooping-fornicating-protesters-smear-occupy-wall-street) under tarps.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/parents-using-their-kids-as-little-wall-street-occupiers/

logroller
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
And if they leave their kids at home to protest-- they're "abandoning their kids". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Some, if not many, people subject their kids to these conditions, for the "cause" of recreation no less; it's called camping. Though I prefer a wooded setting to the urban one; to each to their own i guess. I've even met people who camp as a lifestyle, moving from one camp to another every 13 days, like gypsies. OIn light of the removal of protesters for various ordinance violations, I move to dub the OWS, the gypsy movement.

Little-Acorn
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
And if they leave their kids at home to protest-- they're "abandoning their kids". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

May I suggest a third alternative?

Keep your butt, and your kids' butts, at home, and don't bother with silly, useless protests.

There, problem(s) solved.

Wasn't that easy?

logroller
10-27-2011, 03:04 PM
May I suggest a third alternative?

Keep your butt, and your kids' butts, at home, and don't bother with silly, useless protests.

There, problem(s) solved.

Wasn't that easy?

Clearly you hate gypsies...do you know who else hated gypsies? :laugh2:

I thought about quoting the Declaration of Independence, that part about prudence, light and transient causes, rather the evils are insufferable etc---but decided on hyperbole instead.:thumb:

Little-Acorn
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Clearly you hate gypsies...
I suppose that may be "clear" - to people with muddied vision. Or a hyperactive imagination.

do you know who else hated gypsies? :laugh2:
Of course: Sonny Bono!

Almost as much as he wound up hating trees.

logroller
10-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I suppose that may be "clear" - to people with muddied vision. Or a hyperactive imagination.

:laugh:

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with somebody living their life according to ideals-- be that in the comforts of home, or the trepidity of protests-- that's freedom, and one can only expect as much as they grant another.

Thunderknuckles
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't call it sick but I would say it is irresponsible especially in light of recent flare ups between protesters and police. Your kids should be know where near that place when the tear gas starts flying.

red states rule
10-28-2011, 02:41 AM

Some, if not many, people subject their kids to these conditions, for the "cause" of recreation no less; it's called camping. Though I prefer a wooded setting to the urban one; to each to their own i guess. I've even met people who camp as a lifestyle, moving from one camp to another every 13 days, like gypsies. OIn light of the removal of protesters for various ordinance violations, I move to dub the OWS, the gypsy movement.

This proves liberals strongly believe in indoctrination at the earliest age possible. Given the sanitary conditions, drug use, riots, and rapes going on at these "rallies"; this is close to what is known as child endangerment

logroller
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
This proves liberals strongly believe in indoctrination at the earliest age possible. Given the sanitary conditions, drug use, riots, and rapes going on at these "rallies"; this is close to what is known as child endangerment

Some believe religion is "indoctrination" too. Indeed many persecutions have occurred throughout history, while many may yet have come to light. There are many instances of rape and other forms of physical abuse in the Roman Catholic Church;Is that to imply organized religion is 'close to' child endangerment as well?

red states rule
10-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Some believe religion is "indoctrination" too. Indeed many persecutions have occurred throughout history, while many may yet have come to light. There are many instances of rape and other forms of physical abuse in the Roman Catholic Church;Is that to imply organized religion is 'close to' child endangerment as well?

Only those who will have to explain that position before the final Judge.

And no high priced lawyer or playing the priest card will get them off the hook

Bottom line is, the violence, the rapes, the arrests continue and the liberal media contnues to try and blame the Police and the "few" hippies that they say are causing the problems.

Shadow
10-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Yep...hell...libs flip out if kiddies are around second hand smoke or eat burgers and fries at MD's....but being in the middle of this mess and around drug dealers and rapists is apparently a-ok. :thumb:

red states rule
10-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Yep...hell...libs flip out if kiddies are around second hand smoke or eat burgers and fries at MD's....but being in the middle of this mess and around drug dealers and rapists is apparently a-ok. :thumb:

Or as we will see again very soon, handing out - gasp - Christmas cards at school!!! Singing - gulp - Christmas carols at school

and wanting to have Christmas parties with their fellow classmates

Oh the outrage the left will show over these kids wanting to even acknowledge CHRISTMAS is here once again

But wanting to celebrate Hwanzaa is cool and if anyone even asks a questions as to why they will be tagged as a racist bastard

I know how these libs think and I know what they are going to say before they say it. Theri script has not changed much in over 3o years

logroller
10-31-2011, 02:07 AM
Only those who will have to explain that position before the final Judge.

And no high priced lawyer or playing the priest card will get them off the hook

Bottom line is, the violence, the rapes, the arrests continue and the liberal media contnues to try and blame the Police and the "few" hippies that they say are causing the problems.

Who is the final Judge? God? We all answer to Him; but I don't know why would we have to explain our position to Him?

Bottom line is-- violence, rapes and murders happened long before media ever brought it to the public's attention; and media does far more to frustrate attempts to solve the problems than to help. Lib or con, they each have an agenda; some entity which stands to benefit from how and what stories are reported. Of course all the liberal outlets are gonna blame corruption of police or wall street financiers; they're all about selling govt contractor social service spots. The cons, all about keep govt outta my business spots. Neither give a shit about actual news, what people need to know; just what they want us to know--its just a business negotiation, with the public POV a bargaining chip.

red states rule
11-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Who is the final Judge? God? We all answer to Him; but I don't know why would we have to explain our position to Him?

Bottom line is-- violence, rapes and murders happened long before media ever brought it to the public's attention; and media does far more to frustrate attempts to solve the problems than to help. Lib or con, they each have an agenda; some entity which stands to benefit from how and what stories are reported. Of course all the liberal outlets are gonna blame corruption of police or wall street financiers; they're all about selling govt contractor social service spots. The cons, all about keep govt outta my business spots. Neither give a shit about actual news, what people need to know; just what they want us to know--its just a business negotiation, with the public POV a bargaining chip.

LR the point I am making with all these posts is to show the lies the liberal media are spreading about these hippies.

We were told these hippies were the left's answer to the Tea Party. Well how many rapes, assualts, arrests, and desctuction of property happened at Tea Party rallies?

The hippies are not what you say there are for. they are for more handouts, bigger government, more deficit spending, and higher taxes on the producers

I posted there "demands" several times and not one supporter of the hippies has stepped up to even comment on them. They have either dismissed them out of hand or ignored them

LuvRPgrl
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Some of those kids might be safer than in their own house/neighborhood. who is that little girl who has been missing for a month now, baby Lisa?
she was at home, I dont think she was even 1 yet, with "mommy" and now her life is snuffed out.

LuvRPgrl
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM

Sonny never hated trees, he was a tree hugger, till death do they part.!

It was his wacko ex who hates trees, and everything else

LuvRPgrl
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM

but right there you are making a common mistake, you are equating child molestation with what the protesters are doing

LuvRPgrl
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't call it sick but I would say it is irresponsible especially in light of recent flare ups between protesters and police. Your kids should be know where near that place when the tear gas starts flying.

san dimas, been through there.
To be completely honest and fair, I doubt the parents would take the kids to an area that is dangerous.
What we wind up seeing on the tube is a gross distortion of the reality.
There could be 10,000 protestors and TWO might get violent, and thats all the media would be focused on. Plus, they manage to even make those two situations look alot worse than they really are.
My biggest problem is, who the hell are they protesting against? It has to be a specific group or org, or person in order to be effective, seems they are just venting and clueless.

logroller
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
but right there you are making a common mistake, you are equating child molestation with what the protesters are doing

Is it really that common a mistake? I'll assume you meant hyperbole.

red states rule
11-02-2011, 01:58 AM
san dimas, been through there.
To be completely honest and fair, I doubt the parents would take the kids to an area that is dangerous.
What we wind up seeing on the tube is a gross distortion of the reality.
There could be 10,000 protestors and TWO might get violent, and thats all the media would be focused on. Plus, they manage to even make those two situations look alot worse than they really are.
My biggest problem is, who the hell are they protesting against? It has to be a specific group or org, or person in order to be effective, seems they are just venting and clueless.

They are life's losers who want other to finance their lifestyle

Here is what one group of hipies were told by a college Professor

Some 50 Occupy Wall Street (http://www.debatepolicy.com/t/Occupy_Wall_Street)protesters saw red yesterday -- giving an enthusiastic welcome to a genuine communist.

Alex Callinicos, a professor of European Studies at Kings College in London, announced to his rapt audience, “I am a Marxist.’’

Asked if the upcoming revolution can be non-violent, he parroted the party line of the demonstrators, who call themselves the 99 percent of Americans lined up against the “1 percent’’ with power and money.

He said violence could be avoided only if the “1 percent accept the decisions of the 99 percent,’’ which he predicted would never happen.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/ows_camp_gets_really_commie_cal_77d2HZTSJ9EDLk01OK OjVM#ixzz1cXZUAuCS

red states rule
11-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Some of those kids might be safer than in their own house/neighborhood. who is that little girl who has been missing for a month now, baby Lisa?
she was at home, I dont think she was even 1 yet, with "mommy" and now her life is snuffed out.

Great article on as the hippies turn to violence, the liberal media falls deeper in love with them

NBC anchor Brian Williams, in the argot of the moment, certainly belongs to The One Percent. He lives in the glass-encased Bloomberg Tower in mid-town Manhattan, 34 stories above the tony restaurant Le Cirque at 58th Street and Lexington Avenue. For years he has lived up in the luxury apartment heavens with Beyonce and GE chieftains past and present (both Jack Welch and Jeffrey Immelt). He’s earned it.

Yet night after night on the news, Williams and the other one percent multi-millionaire anchors dutifully chronicle every new publicity line from the people who "occupy" parks (often public parks) to claim to represent the "99 percent." It’s liberal guilt in motion. The anchors lovingly cite old Sixties leftist slogans like "The whole world is watching," which is nonsense if you look at their ratings but they sure do wish the whole world would watch. To the liberal media, these protests are a story of populist heroes bravely standing against what Teddy Roosevelt called "the malefactors of great wealth."

They're willing to promote these protests even as they've turned ugly and violent against the police. Williams was still boosting them a night after NBC reported a horrific scene in Oakland. “Police say rocks, bottles, even small explosives were thrown at them,” reported NBC’s Miguel Almaguer. “More than 100 were arrested as the late-night crowd swelled to nearly a thousand."

NBC quoted Oakland police chief Howard Jordan: “The decision to move was based on public health and safety due to defecation, fire hazards, sexual assault incidents, violent behavior and a denial of access of medical aid.”

Does NBC consider all this behavior noble, worthy the fawning declaration that “the whole world is watching”? Do they think the police chiefs are lying when they accuse protesters of throwing small explosives or engaging in sexual assault? Or is all of that just a small price to pay for boosting the nostalgic smell of the Sixties?

NBC put all of their scrutiny on the Oakland police force. On October 27, Almaguer focused on the newest icon of the protesters, Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen, who had his skull fractured in the Oakland melee. NBC quoted a friend, saying that Olsen was “just expressing his First Amendment right and his conviction that the corporate greed and that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan need to come to an end.

NBC simply assumed Olsen was harmed by the police, even as they explained that protesters were throwing rocks and small explosives.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2011/11/01/bozell-column-protests-turn-violent-media-stay-syrupy#ixzz1cXmEuTDx