PDA

View Full Version : Obama Moves To Forgive Student Loan Debt

red states rule
10-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Just in time for the 2012 election, Obama now wants to wipe out student loan debt for those who are whining about having to pay back the money they borrowed

and guess who will have to cover the loss?

The same people who are covering the losses on government backed home loans

snip
One of the Obama proposals would advance the start date for a special loan repayment program based on income that aims to help struggling graduates.

The Income-Based Repayment Plan is not well-known, higher education experts say.
The way it works now is that graduates who enroll get charged 15% of their monthly discretionary income to pay off loans, with debt forgiven after 25 years.

Congress passed a law set to go into effect in 2014 that would drop the monthly payment for loans originated that year to 10% of discretionary income and would forgive all debt after 20 years.

The Obama administration would improve on the law by fast-forwarding the new terms to take effect in 2012 on loans originated that year, Barnes said.

U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said his agency has regulatory power to move up the start date. He said the move would save current students originating loans next year hundreds of dollars a year.

The bright spot for struggling graduates is that the monthly payments are based on any income above 150% of the poverty line. For a graduate living alone, the payments would be on 15% of any dollars made above $16,335, based on the 2011 poverty line.

And unemployed graduates with no income would owe no monthly payments on their student loans, education experts say.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/25/news/economy/Obama_student_loan/

fj1200
10-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Great, more student based subsidies that will serve to further drive up the costs of education.

red states rule
10-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Great, more student based subsidies that will serve to further drive up the costs of education.

and the debt, the deficit, and drive down the US credit rating

But remember, many libs say college should be "free" anyway

Monkeybone
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
at least they try to get them to pay on it for 20 years instead of forgiving it in 5

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:14 AM
at least they try to get them to pay on it for 20 years instead of forgiving it in 5

Like with Fannie and Freddie, it will cost the taxpayers a bundle

The nerve of anyone expecting people to pay back the money they borrowed

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 03:27 AM
My understanding is that President Obama is advocating driving out the middlemen that were created several years ago and return the student debt to a single source and reduce the costs for financed education. Sounds like win/win to me but maybe some of you are better informed.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:31 AM
My understanding is that President Obama is advocating driving out the middlemen that were created several years ago and return the student debt to a single source and reduce the costs for financed education. Sounds like win/win to me but maybe some of you are better informed.

The government is now the main source for student loans, and his "plan" is bypassing Congress and giving another goodie to try and salvage his dim re-election chances

and the taxpayer foots the huge bill

Obama sure as hell can't provide the economic enviroment for them to find a job in private sector, but he can continue to offer them "hope and change" with someone else paying for it

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 03:54 AM
Okay. So you're pissed off about President Obama attempting to give relief to our college students needing financial assistance for their education and resentful of the win/win nature of the proposals. Got it.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Okay. So you're pissed off about President Obama attempting to give relief to our college students needing financial assistance for their education and resentful of the win/win nature of the proposals. Got it.

No, I see Obama doing for college costs what he has done for housing, healthcare, the US economy, inflaton, the deficit, and the unemployment rate

He will make the problem worse

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
How so?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:09 AM
How so?

Everytime the government gets involved int he private sector the costs rise and benefits are reduced

Again, look at what Dems have done for the housing market with Fannie and Freddie; and health care since Obamacare was passed

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Student loans have always been governmental governed. Nothing new about that. Fairness, however, has been politically manipulated. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which side of the equation that falls for or against.

If you want to talk about the housing crises or healthcare crises I suggest you start other threads about them. I believe this one is about student loans and the suggestions of the President to address the problems of them.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Student loans have always been governmental governed. Nothing new about that. Fairness, however, has been politically manipulated. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which side of the equation that falls for or against.

If you want to talk about the housing crises or healthcare crises I suggest you start other threads about them. I believe this one is about student loans and the suggestions of the President to address the problems of them.

Obama had the Federal government take over the student loan industry PB. And we the taxpayers are on the hook for about $100 billion/yr which Obama wants the taxpayers to eat

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574405154157021052.html

I have threads on those topics PB, and you were posting on them under your other name

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Here is a good place for you to start your education about student loans.

https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action

There are other resources I can recommend and provide for you but please start with this one.

ConHog
10-27-2011, 08:23 AM
RSR in my opinion you're way off base here.

Do you realize that right now ANYONE who applies for a loan gets one. There is no credit check. Meaning of course we are already seeing people get loans who have NO intention of paying them back. Sure , many do of course pay back their student loans as they should, but many others do not. This plan may actually encourage some of those who aren't paying back anything to at least pay back something.

Isn't a percentage of X for 20 years better than 0 for ever? I think it is.

Is the student loan program a mess? Yes. Is this plan a cure all? No. But it does have the potential to get SOME of the loans paid back.

Not everything Obama does is evil or corrupt. You REALLY need to figure that out bud.

jimnyc
10-27-2011, 08:42 AM

Do you realize that right now ANYONE who applies for a loan gets one. There is no credit check. Meaning of course we are already seeing people get loans who have NO intention of paying them back. Sure , many do of course pay back their student loans as they should, but many others do not. This plan may actually encourage some of those who aren't paying back anything to at least pay back something.

Is the student loan program a mess? Yes. Is this plan a cure all? No. But it does have the potential to get SOME of the loans paid back.

Not everything Obama does is evil or corrupt. You REALLY need to figure that out bud.

My question is WHY should ANY debt be forgiven? Is Obama going to forgive some of my mortgage and/or car payment debt as well? While I agree that it's good to get back something other than nothing - making a plan to just let debt go away is stupid. It's called RESPONSIBILITY and people, whether for school or not, shouldn't be borrowing money that they cannot repay. And if they cannot follow up with their contract, we shouldn't be rewarding them by letting their debt go.

This is why personal responsibility is going into the shitter in this country. People will go into things like this thinking to themselves that they won't have to pay off all of their debts. That's akin to getting a Visa card, going shopping for $10,000 worth of merchandise for your home, knowing that you'll only pay back a certain percentage over x amount of years and the rest will just disappear.

logroller
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
My question is WHY should ANY debt be forgiven? Is Obama going to forgive some of my mortgage and/or car payment debt as well? While I agree that it's good to get back something other than nothing - making a plan to just let debt go away is stupid. It's called RESPONSIBILITY and people, whether for school or not, shouldn't be borrowing money that they cannot repay. And if they cannot follow up with their contract, we shouldn't be rewarding them by letting their debt go.

This is why personal responsibility is going into the shitter in this country. People will go into things like this thinking to themselves that they won't have to pay off all of their debts. That's akin to getting a Visa card, going shopping for $10,000 worth of merchandise for your home, knowing that you'll only pay back a certain percentage over x amount of years and the rest will just disappear.

Well there is a sticky part of student loans, in that you can't declare bankruptcy on them. The feds are legitimately authorized to offer bankruptcy protection, so in not allowing it, those with student debt are in an unprotected class. In the little I've read, it wasn't forgiveness per se, but a restructuring of older debts under the newer conditions. Sort of like 'time off with good behavior'. (my debt didn't qualify, b/c I read the terms and conditions before I took out loans, so i didn't get the non-subsidized loans for just the reasons people are now defaulting) One thing I'm curious about, the unpaid debt, when written off/ forgiven, are people going to still have the tax liability as other income-- they should!

Little-Acorn
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Congress passed a law set to go into effect in 2014 that would drop the monthly payment for loans originated that year to 10% of discretionary income and would forgive all debt after 20 years.

The Obama administration would improve on the law by fast-forwarding the new terms to take effect in 2012 on loans originated that year, Barnes said.

So, let me get this straight.

I go to college and rack up $50,000 in student loans before I graduate.

When I get out, I buy a big house with zero down, though my job is entry-level. Plus a Lexus, and other things I have to make big monthly payments on. I quickly find my "discretionary income" (available cash after paying for housing, food, other "necessary" things) is zero.

Let's see... my loan payments are limited to 10% of my discretionary income. Ummm, 10% of zero is, what again? Wow, I don't have to pay a dime back, on a monthly basis. And in 20 years, I can say bye-bye to the entire debt, provided I manage to keep my "necessary" expenses high enough all that time.

Wow. I know a good deal when I see it, and this is GREAT. How can you beat a free education?

Course, the bank I borrowed the money from gets the shaft, hee hee, but they're just an eeeeevil corporation so they deserve it. I mean, if the Gummint can keep taking more and more tax money away from them, why can't I? And it's guaranteed by the Fed Govt anyway, who can just print more money to cover it.

Anybody see any holes in this scheme?

ConHog
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
So, let me get this straight.

I go to college and rack up $50,000 in student loans before I graduate.

When I get out, I buy a big house with zero down, though my job is entry-level. Plus a Lexus, and other things I have to make big monthly payments on. I quickly find my "discretionary income" (available cash after paying for housing, food, other "necessary" things) is zero.

Let's see... my loan payments are limited to 10% of my discretionary income. Ummm, 10% of zero is, what again? Wow, I don't have to pay a dime back, on a monthly basis. And in 20 years, I can say bye-bye to the entire debt, provided I manage to keep my "necessary" expenses high enough all that time.

Wow. I know a good deal when I see it, and this is GREAT. How can you beat a free education?

Course, the bank I borrowed the money from gets the shaft, hee hee, but they're just an eeeeevil corporation so they deserve it. I mean, if the Gummint can keep taking more and more tax money away from them, why can't I? And it's guaranteed by the Fed Govt anyway, who can just print more money to cover it.

Anybody see any holes in this scheme?

Just curious as to how many people you know of that graduate college with $50K in student loan debt who then even qualify for a home loan let alone actually buy a big home, AND a Lexus.

Further, anyone who DID do such a thing using your plan would likely be a screwup who would end up end in foreclosure on the home and have the car repossessed. Meaning all the sudden they have plenty of discretionary income.

Here's an addition I would like to see to this bill. If you have student loans any income tax refund you would be scheduled to receive is automatically applied to balance; on top of the payments you are set to receive. THEN after 20 years if you still owe we'll wipe the debt out. I doubt many would owe much after 20 years.

Also of course they should have some sort of standards on who they loan to and how much.

Trigg
10-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Here is a good place for you to start your education about student loans.

https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action

There are other resources I can recommend and provide for you but please start with this one.

Wonderful source.
:lame2:

Having just gone through this with my oldest son, I know a lot about the Direct Loans.

For one they have a higher interrest rate than private loans from banks and credit unions. Why is that? If they are supposed to be a cost effective way for the gov. to help kids/parents afford college why are the interrest rates so outragiously high?

The gov. isn't helping anyone but themselves. We took only private loans, why should I pay more for the priviledge of borrowing from the gov.

Nukeman
10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Just curious as to how many people you know of that graduate college with $50K in student loan debt who then even qualify for a home loan let alone actually buy a big home, AND a Lexus.

Further, anyone who DID do such a thing using your plan would likely be a screwup who would end up end in foreclosure on the home and have the car repossessed. Meaning all the sudden they have plenty of discretionary income.

Here's an addition I would like to see to this bill. If you have student loans any income tax refund you would be scheduled to receive is automatically applied to balance; on top of the payments you are set to receive. THEN after 20 years if you still owe we'll wipe the debt out. I doubt many would owe much after 20 years.

Also of course they should have some sort of standards on who they loan to and how much.Depends on the degree and if its marketable or not. there are a LOT of degree's that make a very comfortable living and are a good risk. You just have to study the right topics.. Stay away from those business and general studies......

ConHog
10-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Depends on the degree and if its marketable or not. there are a LOT of degree's that make a very comfortable living and are a good risk. You just have to study the right topics.. Stay away from those business and general studies......

In other words, you don't actually know of anyone.

10-27-2011, 08:53 PM
We get to keep an extra $4-8 a month. big whoop.

red states rule
10-28-2011, 02:29 AM
We get to keep an extra $4-8 a month. big whoop.

Obama's student loan "fix" will be just as successful as his stimulus plan, cash for clunkers, green energy programs, various jobs bills, and his plan to help the housing market

It will also cost the already overtaxed US payer a bundle

red states rule
10-28-2011, 02:33 AM

So you support giving money to people who can't pay it back? That is what you are describing in your post.

Sounds klike what the Dems did when it came to home loans for the "poor"

CH please answer this question, and I will make it an easy one

Besides killing terrorirts, name me ONE thing Obama has done that has had a postive effect on America or it economy

Just one is all I am asking

This idea is just another lame attempt to do an endround of the Congress and do something to salvage his re-election chances

You and I foot the bill, and the results for the people with the loans will be minimal

ConHog
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM
So you support giving money to people who can't pay it back? That is what you are describing in your post.

Sounds klike what the Dems did when it came to home loans for the "poor"

CH please answer this question, and I will make it an easy one

Besides killing terrorirts, name me ONE thing Obama has done that has had a postive effect on America or it economy

Just one is all I am asking

This idea is just another lame attempt to do an endround of the Congress and do something to salvage his re-election chances

You and I foot the bill, and the results for the people with the loans will be minimal

He continued to policy of bailing out GM and Chrysler, and I don't care how anti capitalist it was, it was a GOOD thing RSR.

Also, I believe ending DADT was a good thing.

I could probably name a few other things as well.

Some times you go as overboard as the loons on the left my friend.

Nukeman
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
In other words, you don't actually know of anyone.That would be a big WRONG on your part, you know nothing about me or who I KNOW.. I know of several, Anyone coming out with a degree in pharmacy will get a loan from anywhere EVEN with 75k in student loans, Any physician coming out with 100k in loans will get a big loan for a house and car. They are "GOOD RISK" with high earning potential. Most engineers are also good risk.

If you want to get a shit Poli Sci degree or some crap journalism/english/history or any other bullshit liberal arts degree than NO you will not get a good loan right at graduation if you have high student loans.

Its about the degree not the amount, its about FUTURE income potential....

ConHog
10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
That would be a big WRONG on your part, you know nothing about me or who I KNOW.. I know of several, Anyone coming out with a degree in pharmacy will get a loan from anywhere EVEN with 75k in student loans, Any physician coming out with 100k in loans will get a big loan for a house and car. They are "GOOD RISK" with high earning potential. Most engineers are also good risk.

If you want to get a shit Poli Sci degree or some crap journalism/english/history or any other bullshit liberal arts degree than NO you will not get a good loan right at graduation if you have high student loans.

Its about the degree not the amount, its about FUTURE income potential....

I'm pretty insulted that you just called my History Degrees crappy.

That being said, you claim you know several ? I doubt that claim. Banks don't give loans based on earning potential. They give loans based on current earning compared to current debt. They don't care what your degree is in. They only care about do you PRESENTLY have the credit status to qualify for a loan. Even a lawyer isn't going to qualify for a new home and a new car straight out of law school with $50K in student debt .

Nukeman
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty insulted that you just called my History Degrees crappy.

That being said, you claim you know several ? I doubt that claim. Banks don't give loans based on earning potential. They give loans based on current earning compared to current debt. They don't care what your degree is in. They only care about do you PRESENTLY have the credit status to qualify for a loan. Even a lawyer isn't going to qualify for a new home and a new car straight out of law school with $50K in student debt .Thats because a lawyer has to establish a practice to start making money. Physicians and Pharmacist both will start straight out of college with a 6 figure salary so YAA they will get a loan right away, Do you really need me to give you a list of 10 friends off the top of my head that ALL, as soon as graduating received loans to by houses and cars even with outstanding student loan debt, I can give one friend who had 100k in student loans and 4 kids and still qualified for 200k for a house.. . Hell I got my car loan BEFORE I graduated, wasn't looking for a house.. So please don't tell ME what I know and WHO I know. You can doubt all YOU want I don't have to prove to you

Nukeman
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Banks don't give loans based on earning potential. They give loans based on current earning compared to current debt. They don't care what your degree is in. They only care about do you PRESENTLY have the credit status to qualify for a loan. Even a lawyer isn't going to qualify for a new home and a new car straight out of law school with $50K in student debt .They give loans based on good vs bad risk. some careers are MUCH more marketable than others with staying power and high wage earning potential. they look at that as well as work history......

so yaa they do look at earning potential!!!!

fj1200
10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Even a lawyer isn't going to qualify for a new home and a new car straight out of law school with $50K in student debt .

Yes they will if they have the income to support it. 50k for a lawyer is nothing.

ConHog
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Thats because a lawyer has to establish a practice to start making money. Physicians and Pharmacist both will start straight out of college with a 6 figure salary so YAA they will get a loan right away, Do you really need me to give you a list of 10 friends off the top of my head that ALL, as soon as graduating received loans to by houses and cars even with outstanding student loan debt, I can give one friend who had 100k in student loans and 4 kids and still qualified for 200k for a house.. . Hell I got my car loan BEFORE I graduated, wasn't looking for a house.. So please don't tell ME what I know and WHO I know. You can doubt all YOU want I don't have to prove to you

You mean lawyers can't go to work for other firms at a high salary right out of college?

Nukeman
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
You mean lawyers can't go to work for other firms at a high salary right out of college?Never said that. but most lawyers are NOT going to make partner right away, now are they?? Don't get me wrong some will and the earning potential is high so it may be delayed or may not, depends on WHERE you live......

Missileman
10-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Also of course they should have some sort of standards on who they loan to and how much.

I have a more novel approach: YOU borrowed the money, YOU pay it back...every cent. If you haven't paid it off in 20 years, your wages are garnished at 50% until the balance is zero.

ConHog
10-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Never said that. but most lawyers are NOT going to make partner right away, now are they?? Don't get me wrong some will and the earning potential is high so it may be delayed or may not, depends on WHERE you live......

A lawyer doesn't have to make partner in a firm to make pretty good money. Depends if you're willing to live where the money is.

ConHog
10-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a more novel approach: YOU borrowed the money, YOU pay it back...every cent. If you haven't paid it off in 20 years, your wages are garnished at 50% until the balance is zero.

That is of course another option. but let me ask you this. If the government doesn't have the authority to forgive the debt, then why would the government have the authority to garnish your wages?

Missileman
10-28-2011, 07:14 PM
That is of course another option. but let me ask you this. If the government doesn't have the authority to forgive the debt, then why would the government have the authority to garnish your wages?

I'm saying the government shouldn't be forgiving student loans whether they have the authority or not. It's just another avenue of fucking over those of us who play by the rules and pay our debts and pay our taxes.

ConHog
10-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm saying the government shouldn't be forgiving student loans whether they have the authority or not. It's just another avenue of fucking over those of us who play by the rules and pay our debts and pay our taxes.

Agreed. I would rather they dropped the forgiveness clause from this , BUT I don't mind the changes to the percentages and such.

Personally I would do away with student loans and pel grants, and just go with a system where if you want your college paid for you, fine the government will pay the bill for any public college in your home state, after graduation you agree to work for one year per year of college attended for the government in your field expertise at location of THEIR choosing.

For instance, if you live in Arkansas and want a degree in secondary education, fine, go to the UA (or any other public college in Arkansas of your choice) for free, then after graduation the state assigns you to a school and you work there for four years after which you can work anywhere you want free and clear.

Obviously the federal government would have to help fund this program, but doubtful it would cost them as much as the current system of Pel Grants does, and you would get the double benefit of eliminating the student loan program AND be providing employees in areas where bodies are needed.

THe penalty for refusing to honor your part of the program would be prison for a sentence equal to the years you skipped out on your work requirement.

Gunny
10-28-2011, 07:29 PM

I disagree. Obama is a fuck-up from the time he gets up until he goe nighty-night with his little brown and white teddy bear. He's playing catch-up and doing the usual stick and carrot method of leftists to get votes in the short term.

ConHog
10-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I disagree. Obama is a fuck-up from the time he gets up until he goe nighty-night with his little brown and white teddy bear. He's playing catch-up and doing the usual stick and carrot method of leftists to get votes in the short term.

Calling Michelle Obama a brown and white teddy bear isn't nice LOL

Gunny
10-28-2011, 07:41 PM

I have no problem with Michelle Obama besides the fact she's a dumb leftist. I was speaking literally. ;)

ConHog
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I have no problem with Michelle Obama besides the fact she's a dumb leftist. I was speaking literally. ;)

I know I was just kidding.

Besides ,if you were going to compare MO to ANY animal it would definitely be a Chimpanzee.:laugh2:

I'm just saying, If evolution is true, some of us aren't quite as far along as others. :laugh:

LuvRPgrl
10-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Well there is a sticky part of student loans, in that you can't declare bankruptcy on them. The feds are legitimately authorized to offer bankruptcy protection, so in not allowing it, those with student debt are in an unprotected class. In the little I've read, it wasn't forgiveness per se, but a restructuring of older debts under the newer conditions. Sort of like 'time off with good behavior'. (my debt didn't qualify, b/c I read the terms and conditions before I took out loans, so i didn't get the non-subsidized loans for just the reasons people are now defaulting) One thing I'm curious about, the unpaid debt, when written off/ forgiven, are people going to still have the tax liability as other income-- they should!

Just wondering, a friend of mine got turned down for his loan, did you have to apply for yours, or did you just ask for it?

Jeff
10-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Have to agree with ya there cause that woman is way to ugly to be called a teddy bear , and white ,hardly, she make Malcom X look like a uncle Tom

LuvRPgrl
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM

Is that an arguement for keeping the status quo?

LuvRPgrl
10-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Agreed. I would rather they dropped the forgiveness clause from this , BUT I don't mind the changes to the percentages and such.

Personally I would do away with student loans and pel grants, and just go with a system where if you want your college paid for you, fine the government will pay the bill for any public college in your home state, after graduation you agree to work for one year per year of college attended for the government in your field expertise at location of THEIR choosing.

For instance, if you live in Arkansas and want a degree in secondary education, fine, go to the UA (or any other public college in Arkansas of your choice) for free, then after graduation the state assigns you to a school and you work there for four years after which you can work anywhere you want free and clear.

Obviously the federal government would have to help fund this program, but doubtful it would cost them as much as the current system of Pel Grants does, and you would get the double benefit of eliminating the student loan program AND be providing employees in areas where bodies are needed.

THe penalty for refusing to honor your part of the program would be prison for a sentence equal to the years you skipped out on your work requirement.

THAT would be an illegal contract.

LuvRPgrl
10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
First you want to forgove and or reduce the liability of their loans, then you make a suggestion that involves sending them to prison for not paying said loan? Cmon man, you cant send someone to prison if they cant fulfill their obligation, you think we live in the soviet union or something?

LuvRPgrl
10-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Never said that. but most lawyers are NOT going to make partner right away, now are they?? Don't get me wrong some will and the earning potential is high so it may be delayed or may not, depends on WHERE you live......

Openings for well paid doctors is much more prevelant than for high paying lawyer spots.

red states rule
10-29-2011, 06:26 AM
He continued to policy of bailing out GM and Chrysler, and I don't care how anti capitalist it was, it was a GOOD thing RSR.

Also, I believe ending DADT was a good thing.

I could probably name a few other things as well.

Some times you go as overboard as the loons on the left my friend.

I am not going overbard CH - just standing on my core principals.

Tell me, do you have any idea how money the US taxpayer has lost on the auto bailout? The US taxpayers took a bath on that deal. Yet the liberal media ignores ads that lied to the taxpayers that they paid back every cent they borrowed

DADT is another social experiment the left is doing with our military. Again, they want to shape the military as they vision it

Go ahead CH- tell us more about the successful policies of Obama.I do agree with one thing you posted. You do try to see both sides of an issue

You might even make it in that book "Great Moderates in US history"

fj1200
10-29-2011, 07:02 AM

Enforcement of contracts.

red states rule
10-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Enforcement of contracts.

In the auto bailout deal, this administartion ignored bankruptcy law and issued threats toward creditors who would refuse to accept getting screwed over

ConHog
10-29-2011, 02:23 PM
First you want to forgove and or reduce the liability of their loans, then you make a suggestion that involves sending them to prison for not paying said loan? Cmon man, you cant send someone to prison if they cant fulfill their obligation, you think we live in the soviet union or something?

That's not what I said and you know it.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 04:53 AM
That's not what I said and you know it.

Yea, you have shown your support for others to pay their debts while they payback only part of what they borrowed

fj1200
10-30-2011, 07:19 AM
In the auto bailout deal, this administartion ignored bankruptcy law and issued threats toward creditors who would refuse to accept getting screwed over

Yes, but not sure where that came from.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Yes, but not sure where that came from.

From what I read it came from the Obama thugs so the deal would be rammed thru. If anyone dared to speak out they were told the administration firneds in the media would destroy them pubicly

But I admit, this is nothing new for this administration

red states rule
10-30-2011, 07:33 AM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/cartoons/images/2011/10/26/chip_bok_new_chip_bok_for_10262011.gif

ConHog
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Yea, you have shown your support for others to pay their debts while they payback only part of what they borrowed

No, what I've shown is the common sense to realize that a student loan that hasn't been paid back in 20 years time probably isn't going to be paid back in either case, so may as well remove it from the books. I mean seriously RSR it's not as if Obama has just said "okay beatniks from now on you just pay whatever you would like no matter how much you borrowed for oh say 5 years then just forget it."

The whole student loan program is a mess of a program, and vast changes are needed. Is this the best change possible? No, but in THIS case, Obama is actually attempting to do something that helps.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
No, what I've shown is the common sense to realize that a student loan that hasn't been paid back in 20 years time probably isn't going to be paid back in either case, so may as well remove it from the books. I mean seriously RSR it's not as if Obama has just said "okay beatniks from now on you just pay whatever you would like no matter how much you borrowed for oh say 5 years then just forget it."

The whole student loan program is a mess of a program, and vast changes are needed. Is this the best change possible? No, but in THIS case, Obama is actually attempting to do something that helps.

Why should anyone wait for 20 years to get paid back the money that is owed (unless that is written into the contract)

These people can have their tax refund kept by the government, can have their wages garnished, or have the momey due dedeucted from any government check they are getting

What Obama is doing here is doing an endround by Congress and simply pulling a cheap re-election ploy as his polls are sinking deeper and deeper

Anyone who can't see that is either not looking close enough or rfuses to admit the truth

Is it any wonder the student loan process is a mess? Obama has all but had the Feds take over the process

ConHog
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Why should anyone wait for 20 years to get paid back the money that is owed (unless that is written into the contract)

These people can have their tax refund kept by the government, can have their wages garnished, or have the momey due dedeucted from any government check they are getting

What Obama is doing here is doing an endround by Congress and simply pulling a cheap re-election ploy as his polls are sinking deeper and deeper

Anyone who can't see that is either not looking close enough or rfuses to admit the truth

Is it any wonder the student loan process is a mess? Obama has all but had the Feds take over the process

Unless I have missed something. They can and will still have their wages garnished, government checks intercepted, etc etc. The forgiveness ONLY takes place after 20 years AND those processes have taken place.

If I'm wrong about that, then I will rethink my stance here. But I don't think I am.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Unless I have missed something. They can and will still have their wages garnished, government checks intercepted, etc etc. The forgiveness ONLY takes place after 20 years AND those processes have taken place.

If I'm wrong about that, then I will rethink my stance here. But I don't think I am.

Again it should not take 20 years to have the money paid back. I am amazed to see dead beats who have not made a house payment in 3 or 4 years - and they have delayed the f/c process

But this like Obama's housing plan, is jsut another giveaway to freeloaders looking to get out of the agreement they signed

and we the taxpayers foot the bill

ConHog
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Again it should not take 20 years to have the money paid back. I am amazed to see dead beats who have not made a house payment in 3 or 4 years - and they have delayed the f/c process

But this like Obama's housing plan, is jsut another giveaway to freeloaders looking to get out of the agreement they signed

and we the taxpayers foot the bill

I have figured you out to RSR. you're a well meaning guy but you have not one ounce of compassion in your body. That's sad bro.

Of course it shouldn't take 20 years to pay back a student loan, and of course in many cases where it has the person is just scamming the system; but there are also many cases where people have just had situations happen and they are trying but things just aren't working out. The first group can go to hell, but the second group is worth helping IMO.

It's really no different than food stamps. There is abuse, we all know that, but there are also people who legitimately deserve the help and take advantage of it. I have no problem tolerating the abuses in order to help those who actually need help and appreciate it.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
I have figured you out to RSR. you're a well meaning guy but you have not one ounce of compassion in your body. That's sad bro.

Of course it shouldn't take 20 years to pay back a student loan, and of course in many cases where it has the person is just scamming the system; but there are also many cases where people have just had situations happen and they are trying but things just aren't working out. The first group can go to hell, but the second group is worth helping IMO.

It's really no different than food stamps. There is abuse, we all know that, but there are also people who legitimately deserve the help and take advantage of it. I have no problem tolerating the abuses in order to help those who actually need help and appreciate it.

and I have figured you out as well

You are known as a RINO. So now it is "compassion" not to hold people to what they agreed to. Use to be you signed a contract or Note - you paid the loan every month!

If there was a problem you called the lender and made a promise and you kept it

NOW, with libs and RINOS the "in" thing is now to just write off the debt (someone will have to eat that principal but who gives a damn); make excuses for the deadbeat; and of course blame the lender that made the loan in the first place

ConHog
10-30-2011, 01:14 PM
and I have figured you out as well

You are known as a RINO. So now it is "compassion" not to hold people to what they agreed to. Use to be you signed a contract or Note - you paid the loan every month!

If there was a problem you called the lender and made a promise and you kept it

NOW, with libs and RINOS the "in" thing is now to just write off the debt (someone will have to eat that principal but who gives a damn); make excuses for the deadbeat; and of course blame the lender that made the loan in the first place

Everything else aside RSR a person must claim to be a Republican in order to even be able to be a RINO, I claim no such thing.

LuvRPgrl
10-30-2011, 01:15 PM
in THIS case, Obama is actually attempting to do something that helps.The only thing he is attempting to do is buy votes, with this and his home owner thingy he is introducing

red states rule
10-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Everything else aside RSR a person must claim to be a Republican in order to even be able to be a RINO, I claim no such thing.

Yea you are one of those "middle of the road" guys who are too busy moisting the finger, holdling it up to see which way the wind is blowing to actually form an opinion on anything

Again, now it is "compassion" to let people screw over lenders on the oney they borrowed

Wow, what the hell is happening to this country?

red states rule
10-30-2011, 01:18 PM
The only thing he is attempting to do is buy votes, with this and his home owner thingy he is introducing

Buying votes with our money

and people like CH se nothing wrong with that. In fact it is now a sign of "compassion" to let people walk away from their student loan debt

DragonStryk72
10-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah, this is what we need, less income coming in. Great move for helping our enormous budget deficit.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah, this is what we need, less income coming in. Great move for helping our enormous budget deficit.

Obama has only increased spending by about 29% DS

Maybe that has soemthing to do with the budget mess we have

DragonStryk72
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Obama has only increased spending by about 29% DS

Maybe that has soemthing to do with the budget mess we have

NO!!!! You mean spending more than earn leads to greater deficits?!! Shenanigans, I say. Shenanigans!!!

red states rule
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM
NO!!!! You mean spending more than earn leads to greater deficits?!! Shenanigans, I say. Shenanigans!!!

and in Obama's world (and in the world of the hippies) simply raising taxes on the rich will solve everything and pay for all their demands

Despite the fact Obama could tax them at a 100% rate and not pay for one year of Obama's budget deficit

ConHog
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Yea you are one of those "middle of the road" guys who are too busy moisting the finger, holdling it up to see which way the wind is blowing to actually form an opinion on anything

Again, now it is "compassion" to let people screw over lenders on the oney they borrowed

Wow, what the hell is happening to this country?

I have not insulted you. I am NOT PB, you have no reason to insult me simply because I disagree with you. You know damned well that my opinions are my own.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 04:42 PM
I have not insulted you. I am NOT PB, you have no reason to insult me simply because I disagree with you. You know damned well that my opinions are my own.

I agree that too often name calling/insults are used here. However, 'middle of the road?' If that's an insult to someone who says to the effect, "there are two sides to most issues, I acknowledge that the answers probably lay in between.'

In a recent post you basically argue that the states/feds should fund free college with a work after grad for the state. That is far from a reduction in government in our lives. Personally I'm tired of folks saying that people can't work their way through college-I have 3 kids that paid their own way with minimal student loans they are paying back. Each graduated within the past 5 years. They each found jobs that started over $40k, might that not have something to do with their lessons learned? Yes, they also qualified for scholarships, but then so can most that make up their minds to do so.

There's nothing wrong, contrary to some folks opinions here with being a 'moderate.'

ConHog
10-30-2011, 05:30 PM
I agree that too often name calling/insults are used here. However, 'middle of the road?' If that's an insult to someone who says to the effect, "there are two sides to most issues, I acknowledge that the answers probably lay in between.'

In a recent post you basically argue that the states/feds should fund free college with a work after grad for the state. That is far from a reduction in government in our lives. Personally I'm tired of folks saying that people can't work their way through college-I have 3 kids that paid their own way with minimal student loans they are paying back. Each graduated within the past 5 years. They each found jobs that started over $40k, might that not have something to do with their lessons learned? Yes, they also qualified for scholarships, but then so can most that make up their minds to do so.

There's nothing wrong, contrary to some folks opinions here with being a 'moderate.'

I take pride in my ability to sort fact from fiction and draw my own conclusions based on the evidence at hand, so when someone says I can't make up my mind, or decide for myself I take insult. I didn't mean that RSR was calling me names, of course he wasn't.

And I agree with you on about paying back loans. However the reality is what it is. Let me ask you a question. Suppose you have a young child and that young child comes to you and says " I want some chocolate please" Now , let's suppose that you just give that child all the chocolate they want, without any sort of restraint. Now let's assume the child eats entirely too much chocolate and gets sick. Who's fault is that? The child's for eating too much chocolate, or yours' for not ensuring the child did not eat too much chocolate?

Let me put it another way. We have a local community college. If you ever drive by during semester prior to date pel grants and student loans are doled out you will see a completely full parking lot. If you drive by the day after pel grants are doled out you will see a nearly deserted parking lot. Now here is what I am willing to put money on. I bet that 100% of the folks who suddenly stop attending college the day after grants and loans are handed out NEVER pay back said loans, Not even one red cent , except perhaps what can be recovered in collections. However, my guess is that 2/3 of the people who remain will at least make an effort to repay the loans.

Now who do you think this bill is meant to help. The sleazebags who are gaming the system, or the folks who just honestly got caught up in a system that just isn't very good to start with?

I would LOVE to see a system that started tracking down those who are stealing from the Pel Grant fund and student loans, but those aren't the folks this is meant to help. And in fact nothing could help them save perhaps a bullet in the head.

LuvRPgrl
10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I agree that too often name calling/insults are used here.' Unless you r looking for it you probably wouldnt notice, but I dont ever insult or name call until the other has done it more than once. Name calling is sooo unproductive. As for "kicking ass" I only do it as a response to someone else who is using that too much in their threads, and Im hoping to get them to stop.:cool:
I just recently read Gunny asking us to stop it, then someone goes and mentions a bullet in the head

However, 'middle of the road?' If that's an insult to someone who says to the effect, "there are two sides to most issues, I acknowledge that the answers probably lay in between.'

The only winner in the system today is the universities, they gobble up all that money for an overpriced education.
The cost of schooling would go down dramatically if these loans were only given to people who qualify and will pay them back,

ConHog
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Unless you r looking for it you probably wouldnt notice, but I dont ever insult or name call until the other has done it more than once. Name calling is sooo unproductive. As for "kicking ass" I only do it as a response to someone else who is using that too much in their threads, and Im hoping to get them to stop.:cool:
I just recently read Gunny asking us to stop it, then someone goes and mentions a bullet in the head

The only winner in the system today is the universities, they gobble up all that money for an overpriced education.
The cost of schooling would go down dramatically if these loans were only given to people who qualify and will pay them back,

That's some nonsense right there, don't you know people have a RIGHT to a college education?

Sarcasm off.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I take pride in my ability to sort fact from fiction and draw my own conclusions based on the evidence at hand, so when someone says I can't make up my mind, or decide for myself I take insult. I didn't mean that RSR was calling me names, of course he wasn't.

And I agree with you on about paying back loans. However the reality is what it is. Let me ask you a question. Suppose you have a young child and that young child comes to you and says " I want some chocolate please" Now , let's suppose that you just give that child all the chocolate they want, without any sort of restraint. Now let's assume the child eats entirely too much chocolate and gets sick. Who's fault is that? The child's for eating too much chocolate, or yours' for not ensuring the child did not eat too much chocolate?

Let me put it another way. We have a local community college. If you ever drive by during semester prior to date pel grants and student loans are doled out you will see a completely full parking lot. If you drive by the day after pel grants are doled out you will see a nearly deserted parking lot. Now here is what I am willing to put money on. I bet that 100% of the folks who suddenly stop attending college the day after grants and loans are handed out NEVER pay back said loans, Not even one red cent , except perhaps what can be recovered in collections. However, my guess is that 2/3 of the people who remain will at least make an effort to repay the loans.

Now who do you think this bill is meant to help. The sleazebags who are gaming the system, or the folks who just honestly got caught up in a system that just isn't very good to start with?

I would LOVE to see a system that started tracking down those who are stealing from the Pel Grant fund and student loans, but those aren't the folks this is meant to help. And in fact nothing could help them save perhaps a bullet in the head.

Hmm, that would be Pell Grants.

In any case, AR isn't 'America', anymore than DuPage County is. However, I promise you that our community college (http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20111015/news/710159804/) is parking lot full from 8 am-10pm, every day they are open. Indeed this community college has been referred to as 'the Harvard of community colleges.' 30 years ago or so I went there for a bit more than a year, while deciding what I wanted to do. There were 3 aluminum warehouse like buildings and one 'new' permanent building. Even then, those finishing with an associates degree were gaining admissions to Ivies and Northwestern, University of Chicago, and Stanford. I was one of them.

Today any DuPage high school graduate with a 3.0 can apply for the honors program at COD. If they pass the test, they can enter that honors program. If they finish their honors Associates with a 4.0, they get a full scholarship, including room & board & books to University of IL, Campaign. I know of at least 30 that have done so. I know of many more that went onto Harvard, Yale, U of C, Stanford, and Northwestern with substantial scholarships.

As I said, neither of our experiences with community colleges may be the norm, but based upon my own, I fully support them.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Hmm, that would be Pell Grants.

In any case, AR isn't 'America', anymore than DuPage County is. However, I promise you that our community college (http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20111015/news/710159804/) is parking lot full from 8 am-10pm, every day they are open. Indeed this community college has been referred to as 'the Harvard of community colleges.' 30 years ago or so I went there for a bit more than a year, while deciding what I wanted to do. There were 3 aluminum warehouse like buildings and one 'new' permanent building. Even then, those finishing with an associates degree were gaining admissions to Ivies and Northwestern, University of Chicago, and Stanford. I was one of them.

Today any DuPage high school graduate with a 3.0 can apply for the honors program at COD. If they pass the test, they can enter that honors program. If they finish their honors Associates with a 4.0, they get a full scholarship, including room & board & books to University of IL, Campaign. I know of at least 30 that have done so. I know of many more that went onto Harvard, Yale, U of C, Stanford, and Northwestern with substantial scholarships.

As I said, neither of our experiences with community colleges may be the norm, but based upon my own, I fully support them.

Oh I support community colleges , that isn't what I was getting at. I was merely talking about the abuse of the loan and pel grant systems. I'm sure it happens at four year schools.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh I support community colleges , that isn't what I was getting at. I was merely talking about the abuse of the loan and pel grant systems. I'm sure it happens at four year schools.

Pell, (two l's) grants. Indeed the abuses of loans and grants happens at 4 year universities.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Pell, (two l's) grants. Indeed the abuses of loans and grants happens at 4 year universities.

My bad you are correct. Two Ls. I have no doubt abuse happens everywhere. Just wanted to be clear, I wasn't indicting junior colleges. I think they serve a valuable purpose.

I personally never got a Pell Grant nor a student loan. Didn't need to, I was on the GI Bill.

Kathianne
10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
My bad you are correct. Two Ls. I have no doubt abuse happens everywhere. Just wanted to be clear, I wasn't indicting junior colleges. I think they serve a valuable purpose.

I personally never got a Pell Grant nor a student loan. Didn't need to, I was on the GI Bill.

Ok, bully for you.

As I said, no reason that between parents, children, grants, loans, work, scholarship that serious students can't get through a 4 year degree, without insurmountable debt. I know, I've 3 that have done so.

ConHog
10-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Ok, bully for you.

As I said, no reason that between parents, children, grants, loans, work, scholarship that serious students can't get through a 4 year degree, without insurmountable debt. I know, I've 3 that have done so.

I actually agree with you. I think in a LOT of situations what we are hearing about is people who are abusing the system. That has been my point the entire time. I truly feel that most who actually are taking maximum advantage of the loan program in fact keep their payments current after graduation. That's all I'm saying.

Really all this announcement by Obama does long term is tell those who were already going to abuse the system that after 20 years they will be free in clear. Short term though it lowers some payments for those who actually ARE trying.

red states rule
10-31-2011, 02:44 AM

I do not see where I insulted you CH. You seem to be playing both sides - which is what most moderates do on the issues

If that is how you feel so be it

I am pointing out this is another giveaway by Obama in exchange for votes. His idea will only make things worse, and the next Presdient will have to deal with it

Nukeman
11-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Ok, bully for you.

As I said, no reason that between parents, children, grants, loans, work, scholarship that serious students can't get through a 4 year degree, without insurmountable debt. I know, I've 3 that have done so.I agree with you Kath. As you know our oldest in in college right now, this is our first to do so. He recieved in excess of 27,000 in grants and scholarships this year alone. Now he is attending a private college so they are fmore liberal with thier money than public, however if all goes as planned he will hopefully receive his ROTC scholarship after next year. That would be 2 years full ride. the University waives all fees if they recieve the ROTC scholarship. He is working VERY hard on that and we think he has a great chance of getting it. So far stellar reviews from his lead cadet and detachment Capt.

So like you said, you can get a quality education and NOT break the bank, worse case with our son it would be about 60,000 for 4 years split between him and us thats tuition and room/board..

I am a strong proponet of Junior/Community Colleges. They allow students to get the bullshit classes out of the way for a reduced amount and usually smaller class sizes. What most states need to do is what Florida does. If a school receives state funds the core curriculum is 100% transferable to any school that receives state funds. Florida has a great Community college system, they are right next to EVERY major state school and prices are affordable, of course not as affordable as they were 20 or so years ago

red states rule
11-02-2011, 01:49 AM
I actually agree with you. I think in a LOT of situations what we are hearing about is people who are abusing the system. That has been my point the entire time. I truly feel that most who actually are taking maximum advantage of the loan program in fact keep their payments current after graduation. That's all I'm saying.

Really all this announcement by Obama does long term is tell those who were already going to abuse the system that after 20 years they will be free in clear. Short term though it lowers some payments for those who actually ARE trying.

Yea, the $7 to $10 bucks a month is really going to improve their lives and reduce the number of defaults on the loans :rolleyes:

ConHog
11-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Yea, the $7 to $10 bucks a month is really going to improve their lives and reduce the number of defaults on the loans :rolleyes:

And likewise. the number of people who abuse the loan system isn't likely to change one bit due to this change by Obama. So why the faux rage from you and others?

red states rule
11-03-2011, 01:58 AM
And likewise. the number of people who abuse the loan system isn't likely to change one bit due to this change by Obama. So why the faux rage from you and others?

Then they should step up colection efforts like garnishment of wages and tax refunds. But of course to middle of the road like you that would be to harsh - just give them more of a free ride and let someone else pick up the tab

ConHog
11-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Then they should step up colection efforts like garnishment of wages and tax refunds. But of course to middle of the road like you that would be to harsh - just give them more of a free ride and let someone else pick up the tab

RSR I'm going to call that telling a flat out lie on your part. I've been pretty clear that I think they ought to do a better job of collecting from those who are abusing the system and take harsher action against them.

My entire point was and is that after 20 years that money is gone anyway. May as well forgive it, because anyone who hasn't paid off a student loan in 20 years simply isn't going to, regardless of how harsh the collection techniques. Unless you suggest we start throwing debtors in prison...

LuvRPgrl
11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
RSR I'm going to call that telling a flat out lie on your part.... LIE? What lie?

I've been pretty clear that I... have been pretty wishy washy,

think they ought to do a better job of collecting from those who are abusing the system and take harsher action against them.

My entire point was and is that after 20 years that money is gone anyway. May as well forgive it, because anyone who hasn't paid off a student loan in 20 years simply isn't going to, regardless of how harsh the collection techniques...You dont seem to feel that way about child support arrearages, why forgive one and not the other?
Or are you saying CS funds are easier to collect?

Unless you suggest we start throwing debtors in prison...
I think it was you who suggested that a few days ago

ConHog
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
LIE? What lie?

have been pretty wishy washy,

You dont seem to feel that way about child support arrearages, why forgive one and not the other?
Or are you saying CS funds are easier to collect?

I think it was you who suggested that a few days ago

You really think that child support payments are collected 20 years after a child has reached majority if any is still owed? LOL

Oh, and of course you're lying when you claim I want to throw debtors in prison. That isn't even close to what I said and you know it.

LuvRPgrl
11-03-2011, 06:17 PM
You really think that child support payments are collected 20 years after a child has reached majority if any is still owed? LOL.

Actually, the IRS has a statue of limitations, but CS agencies dont.

Oh, and of course you're lying when you claim I want to throw debtors in prison. That isn't even close to what I said and you know it..

You said it, and you know it.
I might be able to find it, but the sheer number of your posts might make it implausable.

ConHog
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM

I might be able to find it, but the sheer number of your posts might make it implausable.

You're right, CS agencies don't , but the sheer number of cases means they simply stop trying after awhile.

What does the IRS have to do with student loans though, beyond the fact that they will comply with a refund intercept order if they receive one.

LuvRPgrl
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM

post # 38, "THe penalty for refusing to honor your part of the program would be prison for a sentence equal to the years you skipped out on your work requirement.

The work requirement is your debt.

work = money

ConHog
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
post # 38, "THe penalty for refusing to honor your part of the program would be prison for a sentence equal to the years you skipped out on your work requirement.

The work requirement is your debt.

work = money

no the work requirement = a contractual obligation. Similar to you can go to jail for skipping out on your agreement if you bail on a military obligation. Is THAT sending debtors to prison as well? Sheesh

LuvRPgrl
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
no the work requirement = a contractual obligation. Similar to you can go to jail for skipping out on your agreement if you bail on a military obligation. Is THAT sending debtors to prison as well? Sheesh

news flash, loans are contracts.
some contracts you break send you to prison, some dont, like DEBT

red states rule
11-04-2011, 02:42 AM
RSR I'm going to call that telling a flat out lie on your part. I've been pretty clear that I think they ought to do a better job of collecting from those who are abusing the system and take harsher action against them.

My entire point was and is that after 20 years that money is gone anyway. May as well forgive it, because anyone who hasn't paid off a student loan in 20 years simply isn't going to, regardless of how harsh the collection techniques. Unless you suggest we start throwing debtors in prison...

No lie at all. You have been trying to see "both sides" of this issue since your first post

With Obama, why not have someone else pay their student loans? He wants others to pay for their mortgage - so why not not their student loans?

Next up maybe Obama will want a bailout on car loans and credit cards

ConHog
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
No lie at all. You have been trying to see "both sides" of this issue since your first post

With Obama, why not have someone else pay their student loans? He wants others to pay for their mortgage - so why not not their student loans?

Next up maybe Obama will want a bailout on car loans and credit cards

Seeing the merits of both sides of an argument does not mean one can't make a stand. It simply means one is mature enough to admit that no one side has all the answers, or is always right; and that one side isn't always wrong.

I like you RSR, but you need to grow up. That's just some friendly advice, take it or leave it, be my friend, or don't be my friend either way I don't care. I am just peeved that you run around acting like a partisan dillhole all the while screaming that the other side are partisan dillholes.

It's called hypocrisy and you do conservatives no favors by displaying it.

LuvRPgrl
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Seeing the merits of both sides of an argument does not mean one can't make a stand. It simply means one is mature enough to admit that no one side has all the answers, or is always right; and that one side isn't always wrong..
that can be true, but not when you decide which side to take BASED ON WHOM YOU ARE TALKING TO.
And that my friend is flip flopping, finger in the wind.

I like you RSR, but you need to grow up. That's just some friendly advice, take it or leave it, be my friend, or don't be my friend either way I don't care..first you say you like him, then you say you dont care, cant you see the flip flopping there?

I am just peeved that you run around acting like a partisan dillhole all the while screaming that the other side are partisan dillholes..
RST is a partisan, to a point. His scraming is about libs who absolutely under any conditions will not criticize a D president, etc. RSR criticizes Repubs often enough to not be in that class...

It's called hypocrisy and you do conservatives no favors by displaying it....which means he isnt a hypocrite

ConHog
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
that can be true, but not when you decide which side to take BASED ON WHOM YOU ARE TALKING TO.

first you say you like him, then you say you dont care, cant you see the flip flopping there?

RST is a partisan, to a point. His scraming is about libs who absolutely under any conditions will not criticize a D president, etc. RSR criticizes Repubs often enough to not be in that class...

...which means he isnt a hypocrite

Please confine your ConHog obsession the steel cage.

red states rule
11-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Seeing the merits of both sides of an argument does not mean one can't make a stand. It simply means one is mature enough to admit that no one side has all the answers, or is always right; and that one side isn't always wrong.

I like you RSR, but you need to grow up. That's just some friendly advice, take it or leave it, be my friend, or don't be my friend either way I don't care. I am just peeved that you run around acting like a partisan dillhole all the while screaming that the other side are partisan dillholes.

It's called hypocrisy and you do conservatives no favors by displaying it.

Maybe you have not noticed, and you probably have not, but I have gone after the R's for their poor job performance as well

You tend to to take a stand in the middle of the road which is fine. But like someome else said. the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lins and dead animals

red states rule
11-07-2011, 03:07 AM

first you say you like him, then you say you dont care, cant you see the flip flopping there?

...which means he isnt a hypocrite

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LuvRPgrl again.

ConHog
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Maybe you have not noticed, and you probably have not, but I have gone after the R's for their poor job performance as well

You tend to to take a stand in the middle of the road which is fine. But like someome else said. the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lins and dead animals

Once again. Not always taking one particular side is NOT standing in the middle. Sure I am more moderate than you on MANY issues, but then again who isn't? That certainly doesn't mean I'm wishy washy and don't have my principles.

LuvRPgrl
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Once again. Not always taking one particular side is NOT standing in the middle. Sure I am more moderate than you on MANY issues, but then again who isn't? That certainly doesn't mean I'm wishy washy and don't have my principles.

yea, but it also doesnt mean you arent.

ConHog
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
yea, but it also doesnt mean you arent.

That is of course true. Which means you are either free to jump to conclusions or believe what I am telling you.

Either way , I'm good.

cadet
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Alright, this is the truth, I'm a college kid.

I read that intro to the thread, and freaked out!

I took out loans, i intend to pay them back! I may love money, but i do in fact love this country more! I'm not in favor of MORE DEBT!

Which is why I'm taking RESPONSIBILITY and paying back what i LOANED!!!!

ConHog
11-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Alright, this is the truth, I'm a college kid.

I read that intro to the thread, and freaked out!

I took out loans, i intend to pay them back! I may love money, but i do in fact love this country more! I'm not in favor of MORE DEBT!

Which is why I'm taking RESPONSIBILITY and paying back what i LOANED!!!!

Stop sleeping through Finance101 LOL you pay back what you borrow , not what you loan.

red states rule
11-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Stop sleeping through Finance101 LOL you pay back what you borrow , not what you loan.

Wow! The Posting Police issued a ticket

Way to go

red states rule
11-08-2011, 03:22 AM

Based on your posts, you have more positions than an escort on a date

ConHog
11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow! The Posting Police issued a ticket

Way to go

I know your little feelers are hurt about me right now, but did you notice the LOL?

cadet
11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I know your little feelers are hurt about me right now, but did you notice the LOL?

Sorry, meant to say what was loaned to me. Either way, the point still stands.

ConHog
11-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry, meant to say what was loaned to me. Either way, the point still stands.

I was just being a little shit, we all knew what you meant LOL

LuvRPgrl
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Based on your posts, you have more positions than an escort on a date

seems like this escort thinks doggy style and missionary are the same posistion, and if you claim oherwise, then you are being a narrow minded right winger partisan

red states rule
11-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I was just being a little shit, we all knew what you meant LOL

Little? :laugh:

ConHog
11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Little? :laugh:

You are right, nothing little about me. :laugh:

red states rule
11-10-2011, 03:05 AM
You are right, nothing little about me. :laugh:

That debate is for another thread