PDA

View Full Version : Switch off for the planet

stephanie
01-21-2007, 02:28 AM
:wink2:

We are asked to switch off all electricity from 7.55pm until 8pm on February 1 by L’Alliance pour la Plančte, a grouping of 72 environmental organisations which includes the World Wildlife Fund, Greenpeace and the Nicolas Hulot association. This is a call for a nationwide five-minute respite for the planet, and is intended to draw attention to citizens’ concern about energy consumption.

The following day the report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change http://www.ipcc.ch/ will be published in France.
http://www.french-news.com/SPECIALS/news-flash/index.html

MtnBiker
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
That would suck for people dependent on eletrical medical equipment.

"sorry Joe, some Frenchie wants us to pull the plug for 5 minutes"

Gaffer
01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
First of all its a french organization. I don't do anything for the french. Secondly its for the greenie tree huggers. I don't do anything for the greenies.

At 7:55 to 8 pm Feb 1 I will have every light and electric appliance running in my house. This may help offset the moonbats that do do it and there will be no change in the electric usage.

neener
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Down with the planet!

Damn commies!!

stephanie
01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Down with the planet!

Damn commies!!

:rolleyes:

01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Down with the planet!

Damn commies!!

Using electricity isnt going to destroy the planet.

Listening to French environmentalists might.

neener
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Using electricity isnt going to destroy the planet.

Listening to French environmentalists might.

You're right. Creating an atmosphere like the one on Venus won't destroy the planet. It will just eliminate life as we know it.

My bad.

stephanie
01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
You're right. Creating an atmosphere like the one on Venus won't destroy the planet. It will just eliminate life as we know it.

My bad.

:lol:

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Down with the planet!

Damn commies!!

Planets are stupid. Who needs 'em.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Well....If a planet decides to go....Not much we can do about, except go with it....

I'm pretty sure most people I know Republican or Democrat care about the earth...

It's just all the global warming fear mongering, the sky is falling is what we're questioning....

:beer:

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Well the National Academy of Scientists is a pretty good source on that, and they think the hockey stick graph is a pretty accurate depiction of the earth's average temperature over the last several centuries, and it depicts that temperature rising very sharply over the last part of the 20th century.

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=11676

But even if they're dead wrong, I don't see the harm in getting away from energy sources that cost a lot of money, oblige us to people who want to kill us, and make the air dirty.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 10:38 PM
But even if they're dead wrong, I don't see the harm in getting away from energy sources that cost a lot of money, oblige us to people who want to kill us, and make the air dirty.

I'm with ya on that one..:beer: