PDA

View Full Version : Fired for What?

Hobbit
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) has placed a professor on forced administrative leave and has recommended that he be terminated for e-mailing a Thanksgiving message to his colleagues last November. On the day before Thanksgiving, Professor Walter Kehowski sent out the text of George Washington’s “Thanksgiving Day Proclamation of 1789” and a link to the webpage where he’d found it—on Pat Buchanan’s web log. After several recipients complained of being offended by the e-mail, MCCCD found Kehowski guilty of violating the district’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy and technology usage standards. Kehowski then contacted the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) for help.

Basically, the article says that he needs to be fired because the e-mail links to Pat Buchanan's blog, and that blog contains such pieces of hate-filled rhetoric as 'our immigration laws should be enforced.'

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=28200

darin
05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
wow. MCCCD seems a close relation to CCCP, eh?

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 03:59 PM
wow. MCCCD seems a close relation to CCCP, eh?

Im confused, what did he do that's so wrong?

glockmail
05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Gotta love those open minded liberal professors who support diversity of thought. :pee:

gabosaurus
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I thought all halls of academia were evil and sinful. Educated people are a threat to ConRep leadership.

glockmail
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I thought all halls of academia were evil and sinful. Educated people are a threat to ConRep leadership. Again you are incorrect.

Doniston
05-16-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree with the OP Fired for what" The people who received the Email didn't have to read it, or respond.

I have a receptical connected to my email program called garbage. (commonly referrred to as File 13)