PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Hippies Hurl Paint at Police While Chanting ‘This Is Why We Call You Pigs’

red states rule
10-26-2011, 02:55 AM
Ah, here we have more from the "grassroots" movement that represents 99% of the US population.

These are the people the Dems embrace and many of the left support

Are you swelling with pride when you read what these hippies are actually saying and doing?

A crowd of roughly 400 Occupy Oakland protesters clashed with police Tuesday evening while trying to reclaim a campsite that they had been ousted from earlier in the day. The San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/25/BAUB1LLTC9.DTL&ao=2) reports that the crowd marched from the public library toward Frank Ogawa Plaza at about 5 p.m., vowing to confront police.

At one point, protesters threw paint at riot police officers’ faces and helmets while chanting, “This is why we call you pigs.”

The crowd grew as protesters marched around several downtown streets, but police kept demonstrators away from the former Occupy Oakland encampment outside City Hall at 14th and Broadway.

There were some violent exchanges, although by 6:40 p.m. most of the protesters were simply marching.

Earlier, when officers in riot gear hemmed in protesters on Washington Street and attempted to arrest one person, about 50 more surrounded them shouting, “Let him go, let him go.”

Protesters threw turquoise and red paint at the riot police officers’ faces and helmets. Some led the crowd in chanting, “This is why we call you pigs.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occupy-oakland-protesters-try-to-retake-camp-site-hurl-paint-at-police-while-chanting-this-is-why-we-call-you-pigs/

red states rule
10-27-2011, 01:45 AM
According to Michael Moore, the video of the hippies rioting is fake. It is the POLICE who are rioting

Liberals now support members of law enforcement like they support our troops in harms way

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106914" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Delenn
10-27-2011, 07:23 AM
A second organization, Occupy Police, has already been spun off “for police in support of the 99%.” The first posting at its website, dated October 21, states, “We are in open Solidarity with Occupy Wall Street and all Occupy movements across the nation. We’re starting off Day 1 with a mass e-mail to all police departments throughout the US. We want them to know that they ARE part of the 99% and to get involved with the movement. We openly support positive communication between Police/People and we encourage you to do the same
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/23/occupy-movement-spins-off-occupymarines-and-occupy-police/

Our police departments have had to do more with less putting their lives at risk. There are attempts to destroy their pensions. Now, there are movements to privatize the police force.
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2011/10/privatizing-police-work/329/

Rubber bullets, tear gas. Really bad crowd control. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. Work to keep it that way.

You may claim to not know what the OWS is about. You may refuse to acknowledge the issues that are presented. You may seek out only articles that are against the OWS. You may spend every waking moment trying to paint the protests in very bad light. You may pretend to create an us v them as much as you want. All your choice.

jimnyc
10-27-2011, 07:55 AM
There are tons of peaceful protestors and a fair amount of druggies and violence. The thing is, there are hundreds of stories daily about the protestors - but whenever there is violence by protestors, immediately everyone jumps in their favor. Yet when videos appear of the protestors instigating violence, nobody wants to discuss it.

I'm all for a peaceful protest, but I'm also all for the scumbags that are there getting arrested. There are people in NYC peeing in the streets and bushes, doing drugs, rapes, muggings, stealing, instigating violence with police... I have NO ISSUE if the police end up using pepper spray, tasers, flash bangs or whatever else may be necessary to arrest CRIMINALS.

logroller
10-27-2011, 10:13 AM
There are people in NYC peeing in the streets and bushes, doing drugs, rapes, muggings, stealing, instigating violence with police... I have NO ISSUE if the police end up using pepper spray, tasers, flash bangs or whatever else may be necessary to arrest CRIMINALS.

Let's try to keep on the subject of the protests.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with people protesting either; but at some point they're just being indigent loiterers. I know Atlanta is having some issues with this, where they have a colored... er, storied history (no pun intended) of political protests. There are laws about people loitering in parks and public places after hours; good laws, which protect the public. The Atlanta mayor has allowed them to stay and protest, against the law, but is finding the people haven't an end, they're content staying indefinitely and that isn't a protest, its squatting. Just because someone is sleeping peacefully, doesn't make it a peaceful protest---Unless they're trying to bring attention to fighting insomnia.

Delenn
10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh, sure. I am all up for talking about. Ok, let's talk about it.

Oakland does not use rubber bullets. This means that they came from one of the other 15 departments that were asked to come in.

2 Firecrackers were shot off at the time the initial camp was raided by protesters.

"While police accuse protesters of throwing large fire crackers at officers, Winston said that had only occurred earlier in the day when police raided and dismantled the protesters' encampment.

"That refers to an incident earlier this morning when the initial camp, when the initial occupation camp, was dismantled by police. Two fire works were set off. I was down there. They were M1000, M80 calibre fireworks.

"Since then, there have been flash-bang grenades lobbed from behind police lines at demonstrators ... anything that's been lobbed after 5:00 am has been a police flash-bang grenade. It happened at least four times."

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/10/201110266201951908.html

Scott Olson was severely injured and is now in fair condition.

In a video published early Thursday morning, ex-Marine Scott Olsen, the 24-year-old who suffered a fractured skull in Oakland on Tuesday night and is currently in “critical condition,” is seen standing peacefully in front of a police barricade next to a uniformed sailor just moments before officers deployed chemical agents to disperse the crowd.

While the video does not show what hit Olsen, it suggests that he was shot in the head by a tear gas canister at near point-blank range. Olsen did not appear to be provoking officers, who’d repeatedly announced their intent to disperse what they’d declared an “unlawful assembly.” Others speculated that he was hit by a beanbag round fired from a shotgun.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/27/video-shows-scott-olsen-marine-wounded-in-oakland-before-police-violence/

Now, obviously the event above happened later on then the one beginning at the top of my post. 2 cops are allegedly injured.

Obviously, you cannot control all people. Thus far, I haven't seen anyone stopping anyone else from talking about the urinating, the vandalism, or anything else. But, there does come a time when you realize that much of this is about maintaining the status quo.

DragonStryk72
10-27-2011, 01:05 PM
From the article:

According to the Chronicle some demonstrators pleaded with agitators in the group to remain peaceful but they instead chose to fight with police. The provocateurs were subsequently clubbed, kicked and peppered with flash grenades by law enforcement.

... and this would have been how my brother ended up taking a rubber round to the chest. Yes, he was part of Occupy Oakland, but he was one of the ones trying to calm others down. Obviously, this approach didn't work (we had a talk about 'mob mentality'), and people started shit. For his part, he was trying to take a paint can away from one of the protestors when the cops saw them... not exactly the best looking scenario on the planet. He immediately let go of the paint can, but made a mistake at that point when he moved his hands suddenly up to his head (He was trying to put his hands behind his head, but hadn't received instruction yet, so yeah.), and that was when the cops fired. Thankfully, it is rubber rounds, but it still sucked.

As for the tear gas, he avoided that because of me. He remembered me talking about gas mask training in boot, and got down, clamping his eyes shut, and holding his breath with his nose pinched shut. Much as he supports Occupy Oakland, he's also willing to admit that they provoked a greater response from the cops, even if most were trying to ratchet it down.

Did the cops likely overreact a bit? Yes, but then, the protestor also provoked it themselves. Both sides have blame in this situation, and if these Occupy movements are going to get people to take them seriously, they need to start restraining the radicals inside the movement.

red states rule
10-28-2011, 02:09 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/23/occupy-movement-spins-off-occupymarines-and-occupy-police/

Our police departments have had to do more with less putting their lives at risk. There are attempts to destroy their pensions. Now, there are movements to privatize the police force.
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2011/10/privatizing-police-work/329/

Rubber bullets, tear gas. Really bad crowd control. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. Work to keep it that way.

You may claim to not know what the OWS is about. You may refuse to acknowledge the issues that are presented. You may seek out only articles that are against the OWS. You may spend every waking moment trying to paint the protests in very bad light. You may pretend to create an us v them as much as you want. All your choice.

Deleen, I do know what the hippies are all about. I have read their deamnds. I have heard their racist rants. I have seen their riots in the streets. I have read about the drug use, sexual assualts on women, the destruction of private property, the massive cost to taxpayers for the cleanup costs, and the disgusting enviroment they are putting their children in

We were told soon after the first hippies showed up on Wall St this was the left's answer to the Tea Party

Well how many rapes happened at Tea Party rallies? How many arrests? How many riots? How many Police Officers were hit with rocks at Tea Party rallies?

You can continue to try and spin and ignore the actions of the hippies if you want, but it shows their true intent

IMO they are a bunch of free loaders who want more handouts, and they do not care who pays for it. The left in this country has some people actually believing they are entitled to other peoples money, and now they are no longer ashamed to publcly demand it

That is the real shame

red states rule
10-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Let's try to keep on the subject of the protests.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with people protesting either; but at some point they're just being indigent loiterers. I know Atlanta is having some issues with this, where they have a colored... er, storied history (no pun intended) of political protests. There are laws about people loitering in parks and public places after hours; good laws, which protect the public. The Atlanta mayor has allowed them to stay and protest, against the law, but is finding the people haven't an end, they're content staying indefinitely and that isn't a protest, its squatting. Just because someone is sleeping peacefully, doesn't make it a peaceful protest---Unless they're trying to bring attention to fighting insomnia.

With the libs over at DNTV, this was a "police riot", a peaceful protest, condemen Police first and ask questons later

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106928" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

DragonStryk72
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Deleen, I do know what the hippies are all about. I have read their deamnds. I have heard their racist rants. I have seen their riots in the streets. I have read about the drug use, sexual assualts on women, the destruction of private property, the massive cost to taxpayers for the cleanup costs, and the disgusting enviroment they are putting their children in

I'd have to say that Occupy Albany is being pretty good on this count. They've kept their camping area pretty clean, and haven't caused much of a ruckus other than the obvious protesting issue. Because of this there hasn't been any violence, and they've been very polite with the police, making it less likely to have a confrontation with them. This seems to be a problem of there not being strong enough leadership within the individual Occupy movements, and so of course things get out of hand. They very seriously need more organization, like at TEA Party rallies.

We were told soon after the first hippies showed up on Wall St this was the left's answer to the Tea Party

Well how many rapes happened at Tea Party rallies? How many arrests? How many riots? How many Police Officers were hit with rocks at Tea Party rallies?

How many guns are there at a TEA Party rally? Even if you did find a chick you wanted to push on, what are the chances she's packing heat and can field dress a deer? Yeah, most rapists drop off at that point. Otherwise, it's like I said above, the Occupy movements individually have weak leadership in regards to organization and discipline. With Tea party rallies, they're extremely well-organzied, with every fully planned before anyone makes it to the site. I feel that this is in large part due to the number of current/former military running the show.

You can continue to try and spin and ignore the actions of the hippies if you want, but it shows their true intent

IMO they are a bunch of free loaders who want more handouts, and they do not care who pays for it. The left in this country has some people actually believing they are entitled to other peoples money, and now they are no longer ashamed to publcly demand it

That is the real shame

Your assumption is that they truly understand who would pay for it, and from what I've seen, that's not a sustainable point of reason given the evidence. Most of the Occupiers are late teens, early twenties, with little real world knowledge of how the economy, or businesses work. They have not had to deal with payrolls before, and most have little working knowledge of how the free market even works, let alone what impact their demands would have.

To them, they don't see it as "entitled", as they've dehumanized the 1%, which includes such people as Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Susan Sarandon, and Tim Robbins. You may notice something about all the aforementioned people in that they are actors who put ridiculous sums of money into charities and social programs. Well, say goodbye to those, cause it's all gonna be going to the US goverment if the Occupiers succeed. Hope those poor people they were helping didn't really need the help.

I do agree that economic policy needs reform, I just don't agree about what the reforms should be. Yes, we need to close the sort of loopholes that allowed GE to pay zero or even negative taxes. That's clearly wrong, and not helpful at all, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We need a clear, simple system for taxation that does not punish people for being successful in their daily lives.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Even the very liberal Mother Jones is reproting what the hippies did to start the riot. Now if only the rest of the liberal media would do the same

snip

At the height of this melee, I saw two men throw bottles at the police. People screamed and scrambled for air ahead of the inevitable: a half-dozen canisters of tear gas—some crackling and echoing off the Rite Aid building.

Caught up in taking pictures, I breathed and choked. It felt like I had swallowed chilies and then rubbed the chilies into my eyes for good measure. I heard reports of rubber bullets and saw demonstrators tending to the distressed. My Twitter feed told me of at least one bloody injury—a man hit in the head with a canister—but the gas made the intersection impossible to rejoin for 10 minutes to confirm injuries.

A brief lull, then this scene repeated. The group came back together—around 800—with protesters calling to those who were still cowering behind bus shelters or cleaning their eyes to "not be afraid," to "not run away." And so it began again: talks, disagreements about engagement, improvised debates about the meaning of nonviolence, and a swirling sense of anticipation.

The breaker: Another bottle was hurled from the crowd and tear gas canisters were lobbed back. Accord between the protestors had not been reached.

In the end, the group waned, the police swelled, and there was a steady stalemate at the metal perimeter of the intersection—not only between protesters and police, but also between protesters and other protesters. People circled on bicycles; meditators chanted, eyes clenched; and reporters simply waited.

"Occupy Oakland is no longer playing a part in this protest," one officer told me—rogue actors, he suggested, had taken control. And indeed by midnight, the earlier calls for peace had fallen away to catcalls and heckling.

"We're losing if we're losing people," said a 24-year-old protester who said his first name was LaMarr. "It's about to be over soon."

As the protesters filtered away, I spoke with a group of tired cops covered in blue and orange paint—and that wasn't all, said one sergeant who wouldn't give his name. He said they'd also been pelted with glass and vinegar, and one officer claimed to have tasted urine in the mix. So how did tonight compare with others he's seen? He laughed and said, "Well, it's not quite a homicide."

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2011/10/occupy-oakland-protesters-violence

Gunny
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Ah, here we have more from the "grassroots" movement that represents 99% of the US population.

These are the people the Dems embrace and many of the left support

Are you swelling with pride when you read what these hippies are actually saying and doing?

Then they cry like little babies when of them gets hurt. The whole Kent State principle plays here. Throw rocks and bottles at people armed with firearms and guess what's going to happen .... The left is infamous in all its ways for trying to not be held liable for the consequences of its actions.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Then they cry like little babies when of them gets hurt. The whole Kent State principle plays here. Throw rocks and bottles at people armed with firearms and guess what's going to happen .... The left is infamous in all its ways for trying to not be held liable for the consequences of its actions.

Liberals WANT a Kent State incident Gunny. they are hoping some of the hippies die so they use them as "heros" to the cause

They want some hippies to die so they can use their dead bodies as stepping stones to pass some of their insane ideas into law

If you oppose the idea, then yu are spitting on the grave of those "brave" OWO's

Gunny
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Liberals WANT a Kent State incident Gunny. they are hoping some of the hippies die so they use them as "heros" to the cause

They want some hippies to die so they can use their dead bodies as stepping stones to pass some of their insane ideas into law

If you oppose the idea, then yu are spitting on the grave of those "brave" OWO's

It's win/win for the left. If nothing is done, they get to raise as much Hell and be as violent in protesting violence as they want. If someone DOES do something, they raise all forms of Hell via the media and beat that dead horse for years.

And the fact is, they have the authorities scared into inaction.

red states rule
10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
It's win/win for the left. If nothing is done, they get to raise as much Hell and be as violent in protesting violence as they want. If someone DOES do something, they raise all forms of Hell via the media and beat that dead horse for years.

And the fact is, they have the authorities scared into inaction.

Rush summed it up perfectly

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106962" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gunny
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Rush summed it up perfectly

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/106962" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

I find it rather hilarious that a hippy would call anyone "pig". Guess which one resembles that remark most?

ConHog
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
I find it rather hilarious that a hippy would call anyone "pig". Guess which one resembles that remark most?

"Who is the guy shitting in the street?" for $200.

red states rule
11-01-2011, 02:48 AM
More "objective" reporting from the liberal media.......

CBS's Early Show on Monday found yet another excuse to report on Occupy Wall Street, spotlighting the diehard protesters who stayed in Zuccotti Park during a winter storm. While correspondent Debbye Turner Bell noted the $3.4 million spent on police overtime in New York City and the complaints from businesses near the demonstrators' campsite, she didn't play one sound bite from the opposition.

Turner Bell first highlighted the "freezing temperatures and record-breaking October snow" over the past weekend in the Northeast and added, "And that does raise the question of how committed are these Occupy Wall Street protesters? But there's another question: can local city governments afford to pay the price tag that goes along with expressing this basic American right?"

Seven out of eight of the sound bites during the correspondent's report came from either the Occupy Wall Street demonstrators themselves or from those who sympathized with them, even as she reported on the $3.4 million in taxpayer money spent by New York City's government, and how "Boston has rung up a $2 million tab. Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Phoenix have all spent over $200,000." The remaining clip came from an unidentified woman who complained, "I can't even talk, it's so cold."

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2011/10/31/occupy-opponents-missing-cbs-sides-protesters#ixzz1cRvwfPxj

red states rule
11-02-2011, 03:23 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/kn110111dAPC20111031104528.jpg

revelarts
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Army Ranger Attacked By Oakland Police:
In Critical Condition, Attack Not During Demonstration

By Gordon Duff, Senior Editor (http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/gordonduff/)

A former Army Ranger and owner of a local Oakland pub, Kayvan Sabeghi, 32, was attacked by a gang of armed police while walking near his home last night in Oakland. The decorated Iraq War veteran and former Army Ranger is thought to have been picked out by police because he “looked foreign.”
Sabeghi, who suffered a life threatening ruptured spleen in the unprovoked, racially motivated hate crime, was then arrested for “resisting arrest” and denied medical care. Perhaps the police had made a mistake and the real crime was “walking home” and “resisting arrest” was a secondary charge.
Sabeghi, though near death, was held without medical treatment for hours even after bail had been posted.
Hours later, he was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he remains in Intensive Care.

Though Sabeghi is a decorated war veteran, a group often singled out by police out of “insecurity,” this attack also is a likely “hate crime” as well, requiring a federal response....

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/05/army-ranger-attacked-by-oakland-police/

<object id="otvPlayer" height="268" width="400">

<embed id="otvPlayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=kgo&section=&mediaId=8419878&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" height="268" width="400">

</object><object id="otvPlayer" height="268" width="400"></object>
...This is the second attack on a Iraq War veteran in the last few days. Marine Scott Olsen was shot in the head with a metal tear gas canister during last weeks peaceful demonstration. While Olsen lay injured, Oakland police threw concussion grenades at his limp body. Olsen suffered a fractured skull and other injuries. His assaults were filmed but Oakland authorities refuse to review them or discuss the issue.
Despite optimistic pronouncements, there is little chance Olsen will have a complete recovery from his injuries.
This is now two episodes of use of lethal force against military veterans by Oakland police. The last incident may indicate a pattern of targeting of military personnel or veterans by police.
The Oakland department has a long history of corruption, bribery and police misconduct, and, though one of the highest paid in the nation, is rated as one of the poorest performing.
Demonstrations this week have brought out crowds of over 100,000 while gangs of armed police hide in the shadows and hunt down stragglers for arrest, assault and possible robbery.
Last week, police claimed crowds were carrying illegal assault weapons and firebombs but a careful analysis of literally thousands of hours of video proved these statements, meant to provide a sane rationale for police misconduct, to have been false...

ConHog
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/05/army-ranger-attacked-by-oakland-police/

<object id="otvPlayer" height="268" width="400">

<embed id="otvPlayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=kgo&section=&mediaId=8419878&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" height="268" width="400">

</object><object id="otvPlayer" height="268" width="400"></object>

This guy was a Ranger and at least 2 of those cops aren't in the hospital next to him?

Wind Song
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM

I'm a liberal, and I certainly DON"T want to see a Kent State incident. Please stop generalizing about liberals.

ConHog
11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm a liberal, and I certainly DON"T want to see a Kent State incident. Please stop generalizing about liberals.

WTF? I missed this post by RSR. Dude come on, sure there might be a few crackheads who wouldn't mind a really violent incident, but overall that isn't true.

red states rule
11-08-2011, 03:37 AM
WTF? I missed this post by RSR. Dude come on, sure there might be a few crackheads who wouldn't mind a really violent incident, but overall that isn't true.

At MSNBC, a host openly hoped for a Kent State moment - and noone called him on it

Yes, many on the left want something like this to happen because they believe it will help the "cause"

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o_36PZ_qFkg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
At MSNBC, a host openly hoped for a Kent State moment - and noone called him on it

Yes, many on the left want something like this to happen because they believe it will help the "cause"

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o_36PZ_qFkg" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

There is a reason MSNBC's ratings are in thank. Because they are loonier than most lefties. Even liberals are looking at them and going "what the fuck?" same as MOST are doing with the Occupy retards at this point.

Gunny
11-08-2011, 08:10 PM

There's NOTHING liberal about you. Progressive leftist, yes. And when the shoe fits .... shut up and stuff your hoof in it.

ConHog
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
There's NOTHING liberal about you. Progressive leftist, yes. And when the shoe fits .... shut up and stuff your hoof in it.

She's definately one of those few who are watching MSNBC right now shaking their heads in agreement with every loony utterance.

Gunny
11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
She's definately one of those few who are watching MSNBC right now shaking their heads in agreement with every loony utterance.

The left and their media cohorts have made careers out of destroying any conservative that has a backbone and won't take their shit. Unfortunately, the timid GOP gives in to the left and its media cohorts and sacrifices its best people rather than confront the accusations.

red states rule
11-09-2011, 03:32 AM
There is a reason MSNBC's ratings are in thank. Because they are loonier than most lefties. Even liberals are looking at them and going "what the fuck?" same as MOST are doing with the Occupy retards at this point.

Eh, the liberal media is still giving them glowing coverage CH, and the Dems are not backing away from them

The New York Times continues (http://www.mrc.org/timeswatch/articles/2011/20111104010616.aspx) to treat toublemakers at Occupy Wall Street as a fringe minority, but the Tea Party was "responsible for the behavior of people" at their rallies.

Sunday’s Metro section led with an above-the-fold look at the state of Occupy Wall Street as winter approaches from reporters Cara Buckley and Colin Moynihan, “A Protest Reaches a Crossroads (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/nyregion/occupy-wall-street-protest-reaches-a-crossroads.html?sq=cara buckley colin moynihanl&st=cse&scp=1&pagewanted=all).” They briefly noted the violence and criminal behavior at Zuccotti Park while providing plenty of room for excuse-making on the part of OWS, something reporter Kate Zernike most assuredly did not do for the Tea Party in her 2010 book on the movement, “Boiling Mad (http://www.mrc.org/timeswatch/articles/2010/20100917024535.aspx)." Instead, Zernike suggested the entire movement should hold itself responsible for unsubstantiated allegations of racial slurs at a rally.

The signs seemed to point toward the end of Occupy Wall Street. The day after the city stripped the protesters encamped in Lower Manhattan of their generators and fuel, the Northeast was hit with a bone-chilling snowstorm that blanketed their tents and tarps with sleet and ice, and left at least one protester hospitalized for hypothermia. Yet the encampment at Zuccotti Park endured.

Seven weeks in, the protest has become a fact of life in New York City, a tourist draw to rival ground zero, and a teachable moment for parents. Its slogan, “We are the 99 percent” is a staple of the popular discourse.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-waters/2011/11/07/occupy-troublemakers-merely-fringe-tea-party-responsible-behavior-peopl#ixzz1d9y3MfF9