PDA

View Full Version : ACORN Is Secretly Helping Organize & Fund the ‘Occupy’ Movement

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:10 AM
So much for the hippies being a "grassroots" movement. If ACORN is involved is there any doubt the White House is as well?

It is common knowledge ACORN and Obama are joined at the hip

The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed “leaderless” Occupy Wall Street movement, organizing “guerrilla” protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities, sources tell FoxNews.com.

The former director of New York ACORN, Jon Kest, and his top aides are now busy working at protest events for New York Communities for Change (NYCC). That organization was created in late 2009 when some ACORN offices disbanded and reorganized under new names after undercover video exposes prompted Congress to cut off federal funds.

NYCC’s connection to ACORN isn’t a tenuous one: It works from the former ACORN offices in Brooklyn, uses old ACORN office stationery, employs much of the old ACORN staff and, according to several sources, engages in some of the old organization’s controversial techniques to raise money, interest and awareness for the protests.

Sources said NYCC has hired about 100 former ACORN-affiliated staff members from other cities – paying some of them $100 a day - to attend and support Occupy Wall Street. Dozens of New York homeless people recruited from shelters are also being paid to support the protests, at the rate of $10 an hour, the sources said.

At least some of those hired are being used as door-to-door canvassers to collect money that’s used to support the protests.

Sources said cash donations collected by NYCC on behalf of some unions and various causes are being pooled and spent on Occupy Wall Street. The money is used to buy supplies, pay staff and cover travel expenses for the ex-ACORN members brought to New York for the protests.

In one such case, sources said, NYCC staff members collected cash donations for what they were told was a United Federation of Teachers fundraising drive, but the money was diverted to the protests.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-in-occupy-movement/

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 02:24 AM
What is the current address or telephone number of ACORN? I can't find them. My understanding is they have been defunct for some time. If they still exist I'd like to contact them. Wouldn't you?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:26 AM
What is the current address or telephone number of ACORN? I can't find them. My understanding is they have been defunct for some time. If they still exist I'd like to contact them. Wouldn't you?

Where is the address or telephone number of Al-Qaeda? Like ACRON, they are very active and funding their resepctive projects

Why not comment on how the OWS movement is being funded by liberal groups and not a grassroots operation like we have been told?

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Where is the address or telephone number of Al-Qaeda? Like ACRON, they are very active and funding their resepctive projects

Why not comment on how the OWS movement is being funded by liberal groups and not a grassroots operation like we have been told?
?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:32 AM
?

Wow, you really answered the question with that post :laugh2:

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 02:37 AM
I take it that you would rather not contact them or verify their existence but believe some crap created in the whorehouse also known as foxnews?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:40 AM
I take it that you would rather not contact them or verify their existence but believe some crap created in the whorehouse also known as foxnews?

And I see you do not want to have a serious discussion on the liberal groups financing the hippies

You sound like another psycho poster we have here; or are you one in the same?

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 02:44 AM
And I see you do not want to have a serious discussion on the liberal groups financing the hippies

You sound like another psycho poster we have here; or are you one in the same?

Other than blatant innuendo and obfuscation I have seen no evidence whatsoever of any group liberal or otherwise financing any part of the #ows protesters. Maybe some churches are. That would make more sense to me.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Other than blatant innuendo and obfuscation I have seen no evidence whatsoever of any group liberal or otherwise financing any part of the #ows protesters. Maybe some churches are. That would make more sense to me.

Yep, looks like PB has returned under another name. How soon until Virgil does the same?

Need more proof to ignore?

Here is a liberal group "Working Families" (which has ties to ACRON) that is hiring people to protest

The following was taken from two different ads on Craigslist, the first one appeared on September 21st;
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Screen-shot-2011-10-09-at-10.01.39-PM-620x78.png
The next ad ran on September 26th;
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Screen-shot-2011-10-09-at-10.24.31-PM-620x71.png
(Yes, we realize that “DIFFERNENCE” should be spelled differently, the image above is a screen capture of the Craigslist help-wanted ad.)
Can this non-profit organization really be PAYING people to protest? Yes!
And you don’t even need experience – they are willing to train you, and it is a paid training program.
From the body of the ad;

The only requirements are that you are enthusiastic and an energetic communicator with a passion for improving New York!

We offer substantial paid-training provided by senior leadership on advocacy, public speaking, mobilizing, networking and organizing.

We invest in passionate people with excellent communication skills and a full benefits package is offered to those candidates that qualify. In addition, there is opportunity for advancement and travel to our satellite chapters and out of state affiliates.

Working hours are from 1 PM to 9 PM. Work environment is team-oriented, casual but professional.

The ad also states that pay is between $350-$650 per week.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occupy-wall-street-is-creating-jobs-astroturf-jobs/

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 02:54 AM
So, your problem is with "Working Families" instead of Acorn. Why didn't you say that up front?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 02:57 AM
So, your problem is with "Working Families" instead of Acorn. Why didn't you say that up front?

You are rather slow this morning. It is another example of liberal groups financing this "grassroots" movement

ACORN, unions, Working Families, and the liberal media all combining their resources to prop up the hippies and make people think the hippies are doing it all on their own

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Seems to me that all of those people may have a point that you may be missing altogether.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Seems to me that all of those people may have a point that you may be missing altogether.

and what would that be? I have posted the demands of the hippies several times, and so far not one supporter of the hippies have stepped up to address them

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 03:21 AM
and what would that be? I have posted the demands of the hippies several times, and so far not one supporter of the hippies have stepped up to address them

And the churches haven't let up either. These people have legitimate grievances. Millions of others share them. The question is "What is the solution?" and not "How can we make them disappear?" as I believe you are intimating. As was the primary concerns of the Tea Party, these protesters are sick and tired of sold out government, Wall Street complete thievery of our pensions, fat cat favoritism and just how far lower can the national elites push us. That and a lot more. Personally? I'm an advocate for a national healthcare plan. I remain open to suggestions but what we have is for certain not good or working in any efficient manner for the American people.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:29 AM
And the churches haven't let up either. These people have legitimate grievances. Millions of others share them. The question is "What is the solution?" and not "How can we make them disappear?" as I believe you are intimating. As was the primary concerns of the Tea Party, these protesters are sick and tired of sold out government, Wall Street complete thievery of our pensions, fat cat favoritism and just how far lower can the national elites push us. That and a lot more. Personally? I'm an advocate for a national healthcare plan. I remain open to suggestions but what we have is for certain not good or working in any efficient manner for the American people.

What is" intimating" is seeing the riots, hippies assualting Police Offciers, the destruction of private property, and the blatant racism being sprewed by the hippies

Here are the deamnds of the hippies taken from their website

Tell me which ones you support and how, if implemented, would help the US

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/oct/3/picket-occupy-wall-street-protesters-post-manifest/

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 03:48 AM
I'm not inclined to believe or respond to much that the Washington Times reports unless they also include their sources and how they got them. The demands, as you intimate, seem mostly reasonable to me. Point out what you have a problem with and maybe we can discuss.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm not inclined to believe or respond to much that the Washington Times reports unless they also include their sources and how they got them. The demands, as you intimate, seem mostly reasonable to me. Point out what you have a problem with and maybe we can discuss.

Same old PB. Ignore what the hippies are demanding, but openly support them anyway

If you would have clicked on the link you would have found the link to their website. But you are not interested in facts

Here is the site PB, now what excuse are you going to use NOT to comment on their demands?

http://coupmedia.org/occupywallstreet/occupy-wall-street-official-demands-2009

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:03 AM
It is you that tends to ignore responses. Let me remind you of what I said. The demands, as you intimate, seem mostly reasonable to me. Point out what you have a problem with and maybe we can discuss.

Can you address those two sentences?

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:07 AM
It is you that tends to ignore responses. Let me remind you of what I said. The demands, as you intimate, seem mostly reasonable to me. Point out what you have a problem with and maybe we can discuss.

Can you address those two sentences?

So you support all debt being elimiated, all credit reporting being banned, open boarders where anyone and everyone can cme and go as they please, and a guaranteed living wage REGARDLESS OF EMPLOYMENT?

If enacted how will these proposals help the US economy?

Why work if you have zero debt?

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:13 AM
You continue to ignore responses. Just what agenda are you attempting to achieve? A silly one, I am certain.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:14 AM
You continue to ignore responses. Just what agenda are you attempting to achieve? A silly one, I am certain.

OK Psychblues, you may be posting under another name but the posting style is still the same

Ask direct questions get indirect answers

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Please return to my post #18 in this thread. If you're still confused I'll try and explain it in a more elementary manner for you.

red states rule
10-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Please return to my post #18 in this thread. If you're still confused I'll try and explain it in a more elementary manner for you.

You posted

Point out what you have a problem with and maybe we can discuss.

I asked you

So you support all debt being elimiated, all credit reporting being banned, open boarders where anyone and everyone can cme and go as they please, and a guaranteed living wage REGARDLESS OF EMPLOYMENT?

If enacted how will these proposals help the US economy?

Why work if you have zero debt?

You are still ducking the questions

Psycho Doc
10-27-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm talking seriously here. You're concentrating on bullshit. Either you care for an honest discussion or you would rather blow off facts for fiction.

darin
10-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Psychoblues duplicate account is banned

fj1200
10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
These people have legitimate grievances.

Such as?

red states rule
10-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Such as?

You will have to wait a couple of weeks until psychoblues comes back from his now extended ban for your answer

That is if he even attempts to answer your question